• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How to kill an amphetamine high?

^^^
True...but not just valium. there are many bezo's that work and are more widely prescribed such as Klonipine, or zanax.
Too friggen dangerous...I wouldn't touch it. ESPECIALLY if I were sleep deprived or prone to anxiety and/or psychosis, as most speed users are.
Not really the best choice, but can't hurt. In the absence of benzos I choose weed. Especially effective if combined with 1 or 2 shots of alcohol.
True.

Last edited:
Anti-psychotics - best way to kill an amphetamine high.

Benzos just slow your thoughts and make you feel relaxed while still being high on amps, same deal with opiates. Anti-psychotics actually block the stuff from working properly. Anti-psyches can have some pretty nasty side effects though, and they're not euphoric at all, they just zombify your brain, but that can be VERY pleasant when your minds going crazy from stimulants.

Benzos/opiates/weed/alcohol all feel ALOT better during amphetamine comedowns, but they don't actually block the effects of the amphetamines.

True. Sometimes the "can't sleep" part is not due entirely to the effects of amphetamines, but is due to residual effects on the brain, such as racing thoughts that prevent you from sleeping. That's why I said you can't expect them to work very well, or at all, if you're still under strong influence of speed. Works best if the meth and/or speed in your system has already decreased. Those drugs just provide a "nudge" in the right direction.

Nothing blocks the affects of speed/meth AFTER you've taken it, but there is(are) drugs that seem to minimize the effects if taken BEFORE speed, but that's just a waste of money from both directions, playing both sides against the middle.

antipsychotics, esp typicals as they are D2 heavy, most of the newer ones are 5ht heavy.

i.e. compazine, haldol, thorazine.

they'll stop it dead in its tracks pretty much.

i've used zyprexa (olanzapine) on ocassions in the past. definitely stopped me dead in my tracks, though it's not advisable using anti-p's too regularly for this kind of thing.

oh yeah, and i'd like to add that ethanol doesnt always stop the effects. it will for some, but if you're like me, the NMDA effects overtake the GABA ones and you just get excited and jumpy all over again. either a strong antipsychotic or a cleaner GABA agonist than booze would work...(benzos, barbs, chloral, GHB if ya got it...)

See second post...

Speed releases dopamine. Using a dopamine antagonist would pretty much "reverse" that. However, speed also works on the serotonin and norepinephrine systems. Wouldnt one need to somewhat antagonize those neuro's to become truely baseline?

See second post...

Speed releases dopamine. Using a dopamine antagonist would pretty much "reverse" that. However, speed also works on the serotonin and norepinephrine systems. Wouldnt one need to somewhat antagonize those neuro's to become truely baseline?

seroquel and (i think) thorazine do all of these things. makes me wonder how people find seroquel "fun"...

seroquel and (i think) thorazine do all of these things. makes me wonder how people find seroquel "fun"...

Seroquel and thorazine both work as dopamine antagonists, but they dont effect the epi and serotonin system.

benzos in moderately high doses will kill an amphetamine buzz

Try and get your hands on some Clonodine Its intended purpose was to be a treatment for hypertension but it is also used to counteract the effects of Amphetamines so people can sleep. Take 1, 0.2 mg tablet to kill the high take 2 to go to sleep.

I agree with lots of the others-benzos will help you sleep and not feel so 'crazy'. I had some adderall today and took some Dilaudid to make the comedown more tolerable. However, next time I'm going to reach for the clonazepam.

I had completely forgotten about seroquil. At a sufficient dose, it will kill the high. However, at that dosage, if you're even a little worn (haven't been sleeping much) It will put you in the mood to eat (good thing) and then knock your ass out.

I always take a vitamin with lots of vitamin C or use those "emergen-C" drinks to help metabolize the amphetamine out. Usually the only thing that works for me is taking 50-75 mg of diphenhydramine (w/ no tolerance) and a shot or two of alcohol. The two combined makes you zone out like fuck, which is nice because half the reason i stay up on the shit is from my mind goin crazy with ideas.

be careful with booze and benadryl though, i'm not 100% sure if its really that safe.

i am actually experiences this for the first time i ever i took 40 mg of adderal this mournings. and 3mg and Xanax is barely mkaing me feel alright. That dose of adderal usually never bothers me alone but even with the bars im spun

My experience is more with psychedelics but when I've had enough and just want to come down, relax, and get some sleep; benzos always work, and they work well.

Some diazepam or alprazolam should do the trick.