• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How likely is it for someone to try coke/crack/meth 'just once or twice'?

I tried meth just the once. Only 100mg snorted.
I had plenty of opportunity to try it again, even got offered a free pipe, but the mix of me not being the biggest fan of amps, plus how much money I was making moving it, i never did it again (I was buying 8-balls from the DNM years back, was costing me £245, £70 a g, I was selling it on for £200 a g, lovely turnover, but one time the ball came in weighing 3.6g so i thought id try the extra 0.1g, it burned my nose pretty bad then just felt like id done a load of really clean amphetamine paste. I didn't IV at the time or I would have slammed it, probably for the best, because I'm quite a fan of slamming paste mixed with K sometimes).

It's probably one of if not the only drug I've ever done just the once. 🤷‍♂️

Without wanting to minimise the risks of meth, I think it may be possible for some people who have gone through a highly compulsive addiction to meth to eventually use it moderately and recreationally once they have been through rehab, dealt with any psychological issues behind their original compulsive addiction, and learned (the hard way) about the power and properties of the drugs including what compulsions to use and comedowns feel like and how to manage them psychologically.

In this, I think meth is not unlike alcohol. Some alcoholics simply never get beyond "I took a drink, and then the drink took a drink..." and even a taste will drive them compulsively to a blackout-level bender. As we all know, AA believes this is ALL alcoholics or people who had a problem with alcohol and therefore that abstinence is the ONLY solution. However, I have met many ex-alcoholics who dealt with the root psychological issues of their addiction and happily drink socially without any stress.

I don't think meth is quite that easy and from our knowledge of neurochemistry and physiology we know it has a much more profound impact on the dopamine-based reward system than alcohol does regardless of a person's underlying psychology. But I have seen people eventually move from compulsive daily use to occasional (like once or twice a month) partying with meth. That said, these people are probably still not living their best lives and meeting their full potential.

Lots of people try drugs like these just once or twice. Especially in college. There are the hardcore drug people like me and you, then there are the folks that are briefly socially entwined with us and try things they'll probably be a little embarrassed about in ten years, but that won't define or consume them. I've done hard drugs with a lot of people who did not become hard drug users and probably would not have tried it if they hadn't come across me or someone like me, who made it look so fun and benign.

I ve always been a downer person myself . I ve tried meth once and I hated it. When I was still living in Italy I snorted coke some times and thought it was pricey and overrated and I have Ived it once and hated it. Then I have moved to Brazil and coke fucked me royally . So it depends on a lot of factors, availability , quality, the money you have , the "life moment" you are in and last but not least the people you hang out with. Everyone and their mother does coke down here so it kinda happened, if you have a compulsive nature do not even try cos coke is the compulsive drug par excellence. But I have also met people who smoke CRACK occasionally so you never know; still, better safe than sorry I ld say, so stick to snorting rather than Iving, avoid crack like the plague, try to make coke a once a month thing like many people do and definitely don t start using blow at work!!!

Last edited:
Like all drugs it's all fun at the beginning so it's very easy to say yeah let's do that again next weekend.

Stimulants to me have never been addictive in the sense that I could not quit. When I decided to stop I did. Like come on how high can you go? What's after meth?

Although I hold my MDMA and LSD experiences as some of the best. The rest meh dash it away.

Now depressants are totally a different game I'm yet to meet someone who has not enjoyed them they creep up and that one time you try it you can easily wake up thinking where did the month go?

I was just 19 when I found out I was a drug addict. I heard it ounced over the tv that a huge potential for addiction was just associated with prescribed pain medications containing opiates. Well that just fucked me good. I had already been on them ever since I was 12 years old. I had already been thru over 30 surgeries. The reward circuitry of my brain had already been rewired. My dopamine receptors were under the influence of a euphoria while forming. That’s why I’m so freaking tired insane lol in a sexy kinda way

But I’m also fucking eroticism and sorta sexy af.

But I will not come out of my cave.

But you still just wanna get your hands me so bad you can’t stand it.

I had a friend named Rita who tried it in high school, crack. He said it was the greatest feeling he'd ever felt, and he never stopped wanting to do it, but he didn't. Fucker laced some bud with cocaine on me though lol, I was new to smoking weed. I knew something was up when I couldn't feel my tongue or lips, and I just felt really speedy. Wasn't fond of it, that's for sure, but I know he liked his cocaine.

Not positive it was him who laced it, he got in touch with someone with good skunk, a local idiot stoner type who'd totally be willing to do that. I was "the good boy" to many people and I bet he got a kick out of the idea of lacing me like that.

What are you trying to measure us for? Our agility??
Willpower?
Tenacity!?!?$

Who would care enough to ask this?!
Lmfaooooo

Anedoctally, I could take the crack or coke and leave it, NP. But meth is another beast entirely. These days, at 43 years old I steer clear but in my 20's meth just kept finding me. I've only met about 2 of out 200 people that could do meth one night and then drop it.

Meth.

10% will become dependant. (Physically addicted)
40% of those dependent will develop psychosis.

There is a rumour which says that you cannot become physically addicted to meth. It’s only mental.

Methamphetamine use and overuse can literally strip the white/grey matter off your brains neurons. It’s called demyelination and it looks like schizophrenia under an MRI.
It causes all kinds of cardio-respiratory issues over time, and a stroke is likely for some. Parkinson’s can develop. Autoimmune diseases can develop too.

Final argument, in the height of my daily meth habits in 2020 around a 1/2 a day I’d be laid out for nearly a week if I had none left. I only let this happen once. It was a horrible physical withdrawal and I felt gross and 1,500 lbs. Yardwork maintenance even on a riding mower was a slog beyond belief.

Normally I’d just hand foot the whole front and back in 45mins decent size property. If I wanted it done quick anyway.

Meth steals your overall physical health, your body, and even the depression is unreal if you’re straight off of it. That’s my experience of it anyway.

Meth.

10% will become dependant. (Physically addicted)
40% of those dependent will develop psychosis.

There is a rumour which says that you cannot become physically addicted to meth. It’s only mental.

Methamphetamine use and overuse can literally strip the white/grey matter off your brains neurons. It’s called demyelination and it looks like schizophrenia under an MRI.
It causes all kinds of cardio-respiratory issues over time, and a stroke is likely for some. Parkinson’s can develop. Autoimmune diseases can develop too.

Final argument, in the height of my daily meth habits in 2020 around a 1/2 a day I’d be laid out for nearly a week if I had none left. I only let this happen once. It was a horrible physical withdrawal and I felt gross and 1,500 lbs. Yardwork maintenance even on a riding mower was a slog beyond belief.

Normally I’d just hand foot the whole front and back in 45mins decent size property. If I wanted it done quick anyway.

Meth steals your overall physical health, your body, and even the depression is unreal if you’re straight off of it. That’s my experience of it anyway.
There just has to be something said about you. I’ve read your posts enough to recognize the consistency. It’s obvious how dead set against this poison you are but no doubt…it’s got you. But still you fight. You advocate complete truth from such a vulnerable position. It’s devastated your life but yet you are willing to bleed out in the open so others will know. You don’t hold back and you never sugar coat how toxic it is. Everything you bring is always on point and you know exactly what you are talking about. Regardless of what it’s done to your life your determination to prevent it from damaging others is so obvious. You invest a lot of yourself into this forum. Don’t ever doubt that you aren’t having an impact. You seem driven for purpose. I just want you to know you are appreciated. I admire you for this

This is what it’s all about

🔥
There just has to be something said about you. I’ve read your posts enough to recognize the consistency. It’s obvious how dead set against this poison you are but no doubt…it’s got you. But still you fight. You advocate complete truth from such a vulnerable position. It’s devastated your life but yet you are willing to bleed out in the open so others will know. You don’t hold back and you never sugar coat how toxic it is. Everything you bring is always on point and you know exactly what you are talking about. Regardless of what it’s done to your life your determination to prevent it from damaging others is so obvious. You invest a lot of yourself into this forum. Don’t ever doubt that you aren’t having an impact. You seem driven for purpose. I just want you to know you are appreciated. I admire you for this

This is what it’s all about

I managed to check off most of the boxes before turning 19. The one I never went out to get again nor was tempted was crack. Mainly did it because my childhood friends mom asked for crack money and I said sure you gotta share with me. Smoked it in her car in a cemetery out of those glass station pipes, was very Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence. Def have no desire to do it again tho.