• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How likely is it for someone to try coke/crack/meth 'just once or twice'?

Most first time drug experiences follow the 1/3rd rule

33% use it, don't like it, and never use it again
33% use it, like it and use it many more times but don't ruin their lives over it, and eventually stop
33% use it, love it, and become instantly addicted

approximately of course, but this is the general trend for most narcotics

Most first time drug experiences follow the 1/3rd rule

33% use it, don't like it, and never use it again
33% use it, like it and use it many more times but don't ruin their lives over it, and eventually stop
33% use it, love it, and become instantly addicted

approximately of course, but this is the general trend for most narcotics
I wanna die with a rig stuck to my arm.

The age-old debate:

Is it likely to try addictive stims (meth/coke/crack) just once or twice, or will most people who try them end up using more frequently and likely becoming addicted?
Is there any short, medium, or long-term harm physically/cognitively from a single use after you sleep it off?
Or is the risk largely media sensationalism and/or the effects of long-term use and addiction?
This is anecdotal and just me, but I can count on one hand how many times I've used cocaine.

This is anecdotal and just me, but I can count on one hand how many times I've used cocaine.
Me too man, me too. Mostly due to how expensive it is here in Australia, and the ease of availability of other drugs that I MUCH much prefer over coke. It's just not worth the $$$ here. In fact, I have never ever actually PAID for coke out of my own pocket, I've only ever been offered it and accepted the offer. It's always been like *sniff* do dee doo doo *10 minutes later* Well that was nice....I guess...

Tried m-amp once when in that bored state where I'm fairly vulnerable. Did a rather low dose, and had a nice time but realized i was playing with real fire.

To do something only once you have to hate and fear what you have done. I did it with a friend who i would often see after a few days spun barely able to remember a sentence out of his mouth. I would rather not lose my composure like that (and i don't need a bad habit).

However, i do coke when it's around and get a half gram every few months (more when I'm clubbing like monthly). I don't feel particularly addicted to it, but i keep myself busy with other hobbies and have other drugs i rather have difficulties abstaining from for long periods.

To do something only once you have to hate and fear what you have done.
That is precisely how I would feel if I ever did meth.
It has destroyed the lives of SO many people I love(d) dearly, that if I was to ever actually do it, I would feel so incredibly disgusted and disappointed with myself.

Why is meth the worst drug known to man?

Is this a serious question?

No. Interesting article to read directly after I did my first line of the day. Fucked up, I know.

Just once or twice? Plenty does. I've done plenty of different drugs sparingly in my life time. People try things like coke or meth or fentanyl and the like - to then decide it can't for them all the time. After that there's plenty of party a bit with it, or even party hard for a period and give it up. Crystal meth for instance is statistically loaded so, in fact, 1/10 of users become dependent. That's probably a little lower than you thought. Right?

It's actually a huge number.

Me too man, me too. Mostly due to how expensive it is here in Australia, and the ease of availability of other drugs that I MUCH much prefer over coke.
I used to live in Australia. I definitely remember not hearing about cocaine much at all. Compared to America anyway.

methhhrr.jpg

What else do you expect the study to conclude, given it's funding sources? That Meth is GOOD for you?

Imagine that...

Granted, more often than not (Street) Meth becomes horribly destructive, horribly damaging, yes. But to write it off as the "Worst drug known to Man" I think is a stretch. Personally? I think Crack is the winner in that category.

Of all the benzos I took, Klonopin was my favorite too. But I didn't take it to sleep. It was the only one I actually got euphoria on. Diazepam....great muscle relaxer. Xanax.....quick way to calm down if really nervous......Ativan....meh don't really like it for anything............but Klonopin always hit the spot. Nice relaxation plus euphoria.

Win win.
Until you go through withdrawl. I'll never, ever again in my life touch another benzo after going through klonopin withdrawl. That was scary.

And to answer the OP's question, I know a great deal of my buddies who are die-hard Ganja fanatics who have only touched Meth/Coke once or twice. They just don't seem to care for it - They'd much rather do dabs.

I was unable to enjoy blow just once, it turned into a 10 year old addiction. Never tried to smoke it, so I can’t speak for crack. Tried it again recently but the quality was so poor that it still sits in a tiny bag in a little container in my bedroom.

I’ve snorted meth a few times, and I don’t think it’ll ever become a problem. I recall feeling like I could never get into it about 2 hours later. Just looking at pics of meth’d out women + its effects on one’s appearance is quite enough to make me put down the straw. I do take Vyvanse but it feels totes different than meth.

Opiates are my addiction. They’re prescribed, but I remember thinking that if I was unable to get them, I’d likely resort to Heroin use. Stupid as it sounds, I’m far from adverse to giving H a try, but the Fentadope ubiquity is obviously concerning. I just took 40mg Oxy and it should kick in shortly.

Lately I’ve been feeling a real curiosity about MDMA. I’ve never tried it, but would really like to.

I have a script for benzos and, unless I am overburdened by stress and/or insomnia, I don’t really take them.

I used to live in Australia. I definitely remember not hearing about cocaine much at all. Compared to America anyway.
Oh cool!! Where did you live, Sydney?
Meth and heroin are HUGE here, and coke, but not so much crack.

I've tried coke twice awhile back, and LOVED it. Was at a club, and someone offered to share. That was an incredible experience.

The only reason I didn't get hooked was because it was too risky looking for it...so I didn't.