• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How likely is it for someone to try coke/crack/meth 'just once or twice'?

arrall

Administrator
Staff member
The age-old debate:

Is it likely to try addictive stims (meth/coke/crack) just once or twice, or will most people who try them end up using more frequently and likely becoming addicted?
Is there any short, medium, or long-term harm physically/cognitively from a single use after you sleep it off?
Or is the risk largely media sensationalism and/or the effects of long-term use and addiction?

One doesn't become addicted from doing it once. But you will open a door that might increase the likelihood of doing it again.

Is there any short, medium, or long-term harm physically/cognitively from a single use after you sleep it off?
You might experience a comedown but that's pretty much it, no significant long-term side effects. Cocaine can cause sudden cardiac death in some people but it's quite rare.

Edit: psychosis is another potential side effect, but only if you're prone to it.

Last edited:
If you can get it once you can get it twice

Or in the words of ASAP rocky…

If you hit it once you can hit it twice
I've only had the chance to try meth once, it was really good. It's been like almost 7 years and haven't had another encounter with that substance again.

I've only had the chance to try meth once, it was really good. It's been like almost 7 years and haven't had another encounter with that substance again.

Let’s trade you can have all the meth and I’ll take all the South American cocaine.

Be happy you haven’t been able to again it’s the worst drug known to man

Honestly the framing for this question has always rubbed me up the wrong way. Personally I think it's more important to consider if you are going to continue to contribute to society after taking these drugs.

Like of course you should be concerned about the effects it will have on your health and what not but raising good kids, holding down jobs and keeping good interpersonal relationships should really be your number one concern.

For example many people smoke weed and hold down jobs and maintain relationships but some people become worse people on weed. You know the stoner stereotype.

Tbh you should weigh up yourself with the drugs potential for harm. Like if you had a heart condition, or family history of schizophrenia you would avoid drugs that could exacerbate those conditions.

Edit:
So like if you are a violent person and you get more violent when drunk you should avoid drinking whiskey. Or if you are lazy you should avoid weed. Or if you are desperate you should avoid hard drugs that will make you even more desperate and off your face.

Last edited:
I am sick of the media propaganda about becoming an addicted fiend after trying a stimulant drug once. Yeah, show me a TV commercial with two eggs frying to try and pursued me…. The War on Drugs has been lost and everyone knows it.

Did you read a word I wrote? I said they’d do it again not they’d be a junkie

Let’s trade you can have all the meth and I’ll take all the South American cocaine.

Be happy you haven’t been able to again it’s the worst drug known to man
I don't like drugs in general anymore... im only super addicted to nicotine til I die. Fuck stims, xd

I’d say for those who try crack or meth there is a 99% chance it will happen again - only 1% never touch it again after that first use.

That’s my take
Honestly, this question was partially out of simple curiosity on what people here have experienced and partly as a personal inquiry. The personal aspect mainly pertained to cocaine (and to a lesser extent, meth.) I've never used any "hard drugs", closest I've come is pretty mild - daily amphetamine prescription where I've almost always either undershot the allowance or followed it to a T, occasional MDMA and ketamine use - but cocaine mildly intrigues me and there is something about methamphetamine that I find equal parts fascinating and horrifying. I have no interest in ever trying crack, pyros, or opioids (closest I've come to the latter is taking low doses of kratom for a couple 1-3 day periods to treat pain from mild running injuries), but in all likelihood I will end up trying methamphetamine, mephedrone, and probably cocaine at least once each in my lifetime.

Several months ago, I bought $20 worth of coke off a random dealer in a parking lot after a rave while somewhat drunk and off a lot of Phenibut (Yes, I know that combining downers and alcohol is a horrible decision.) but was thankfully smart enough not to do it with alcohol in my system and without getting it tested. A couple chicks I'm friends with got a bunch of free coke from the dude because he didn't know that they had boyfriends and was trying to fuck them, and they told me that it was really good shit (One of them is pretty experienced with coke, not sure about the other.) I've never done coke and when I sobered up I realized that I probably shouldn't start, so that tiny bag has just been sitting there since. A friend of mine has been doing a ton of coke lately and told me that he won't tell me to take or not take it but he described what it feels like. It sounded pretty interesting, but I don't think I'll end up liking it enough to do it more than once given the addiction potential.

In a similar situation a few months prior involving far more alcohol and no Phenibut, I bought a "speed pill" for $10 off this drug dealer chick I know at a party. It tested positive for caffeine and meth. I don't love the fact that it contains caffeine (iirc a lowish % but I'll probably end up orally taking a quarter or half of it next time I need to really bust my ass writing essays. I've known both people who have only done meth once or twice (accidentally and intentionally) and people who became addicts, but I'm really curious as to how different it really is from adderall and at the end of the day, nothing has been able to kill that curiosity over the years.

I think that as long as I can hold myself to the limit never buying another dose of either chemical after I use up the $30 worth I already have, I should be okay. But the way that I phrased that obviously sounds much easier than it would ever be in reality.

Last edited:
When I first tried speed , meth, and cocaine at different times I was immediately off like a racehorse and instantly became a compulsive user in each case until I was fully addicted. Totally uncontrollable use. Totally de-railed my life each time.

However, with experience, lots of therapy, and going through rehab 3 times, I seem to now be able to use any of those drugs for 24 hours once in a blue moon and then stop without any compulsion to keep going.

For me, stims are among these drugs which are easier to control, mostly maybe because I'm very sensitive to them and get racing heart, panic etc when doing too much. I used therapeutic methylphenidate and amphetamine for long time on and off without becoming addicted. But when stuff's around, stuff will eventually be used.

Like has been said, you don't get dependent from single use, that's bullshit. But you open a door which can't be closed again (only partially by time) and there's nothing to prepare you for, so if you want to avoid using again, don't try them. Or at least get some pharma stim and do it orally - this is much less compulsive.

The age-old debate:

Is it likely to try addictive stims (meth/coke/crack) just once or twice, or will most people who try them end up using more frequently and likely becoming addicted?
Or is the risk largely media sensationalism and/or the effects of long-term use and addiction?
It really depends on your taste, I hate meth because you can't sleeep, In order for my sanity i must sleep. I like cocaine, once every year or TWO. I like it because i don't stay up very long, " also make sure you have valium or Xanax to help you sleep" its a great rock start drug

Pretty likely. I did it and there isn't anything special about me. I snorted coke a couple times. No biggie. Smoked crack 3 times ( liked it ) but still didn't pursue it.

But....never tried meth so can't say how i would have done on that. The reason I never tried it is because I pretty much knew how I would be on it. Just like I was only with opies instead of stims. Compulsive, greedy, and never satisfied.

It really depends on your taste, I hate meth because you can't sleeep, In order for my sanity i must sleep. I like cocaine, once every year or TWO. I like it because i don't stay up very long, " also make sure you have valium or Xanax to help you sleep" its a great rock start drug
I'm pretty used to going long periods of time without sleeping, but I've come to realize how bad it is for my health (probably worse than any of the drugs) and try to avoid it.

Glad to hear that you've been able to manage your use.

Valium doesn't seem to be able to knock me out and neither does Ativan most of the time, but Klonopin (which I can always get from a friend of mine) works well for me and a friend gave me some street Flualprazolam bars that should do the trick if I really need it.

Of all the benzos I took, Klonopin was my favorite too. But I didn't take it to sleep. It was the only one I actually got euphoria on. Diazepam....great muscle relaxer. Xanax.....quick way to calm down if really nervous......Ativan....meh don't really like it for anything............but Klonopin always hit the spot. Nice relaxation plus euphoria.

Win win.

I'm pretty used to going long periods of time without sleeping, but I've come to realize how bad it is for my health (probably worse than any of the drugs) and try to avoid it.

Glad to hear that you've been able to manage your use.

Valium doesn't seem to be able to knock me out and neither does Ativan most of the time, but Klonopin (which I can always get from a friend of mine) works well for me and a friend gave me some street Flualprazolam bars that should do the trick if I really need it.
First of ,Arrall, I'm glad Klonpin works for you. Short term use is fine, after many years it can rigger insanity in a way that is in comprehensible to any rational person which is why I quit Clonazepam aka klonopin. kolonopin has over 100 =withdrawals, Xanax has = 29 withdrawals valium has = 19 withdrawals