Votes: 60 40.5%
  • C) Put them in some other sort of food to mask the taste

Votes: 26 17.6%
  • D) Mushy Tea or Drink (such as juice)

Votes: 23 15.5%
  • E) Grind them up and parachute the powder

Votes: 11 7.4%

• Total voters
my personal favorite is to crumble them up into a bowl of boston style baked beans, the beans mask both the texture and taste perfectly, and are quite tasty in their own right. The only downside to this concoction is that the shroom gas is amplified in both frequency and intensity. But hey, your tripping, passing gas is the last thing on your mind.

I get my shrooms from someone who grows them himself and then bakes them into little chocolate mushroom cakes. They are DELICIOUS. I really can't stand the taste of mushrooms, so if I don't get them in chocolate, I will usually freeze them for an hour or two, then crush/grind them up, pour the powder into a cup of OJ, stir, and then gulp it down. Usually hits me in like 5 minutes if I drink em in OJ.

-legz

I almost always get a chocolate bar and take a bite of it and put a mushroom or two in my mouth and munch them down. I never taste the mushrooms and it always hits fast plus no potency lost :). Although other times me and my friends will get together to eat them and remember "We forgot the damn chocolate bars!" and then resort to eating them whole and chasing with orange juice.

How much potency is actually lost from making tea? Does anyone know, cuz it seems like you get pretty much 100% out of it if you let the tea infuse for a good 20 minutes. How long do you need to let the mushrooms infuse with the hot water to get as much out of the mushrooms as possible?

^I would say that sounds about right. I wouldn't let it sit less than 5 minutes and more than 20 is probably just wasting time.

I just eat them like anything else. I prefer fresh shrooms though, the taste is so much better than dry imo.

I just eat them. Its probaly just due to laziness. I dont really like the taste but I just eat like 2 grams at once so its like 2 or so mouthfulls and its not bad. I think the actual eating process isnt that sick but what is sick is after when i'm picking bits of shrooms out of my teeth. That always grosses me out. Funny story about opition A though : I would never think about doing A just because that would probaly make me sick but anyways I had taken a large amount of substances including eating 4 or so grams of shrooms earlier. Before eating them though I picked off some of the larger stems that I didnt feel like having to eat. Well that left around 1.5 ish grams of stems and some shake. All the substances I ate an hour and 15 minutes prior pointed to the fact I would most likely have crazy nausea since with 3 out of the 5 substances almost always causes bad nausea for me and 3/4's of the time ends with me puking but for some reason I had zero nausea at this point. This is where I decided to use opition A for the last 1.5 gs of those shrooms. I got them in my mouth and kept em in there for around 15 minutes. That was probaly the only time i'll ever do that and i'm still amazed I didnt just immeadiately vomit all over myself.

with my first experience we made mine into tea and then mixed it with ginger tea, since I was afraid I would get sick

I've always done A.. My most recent was 4 grams, no nausea but a disgusting taste. I smelled them the next day! I've heard of all of the options except E), I'd like to see how effective it is. I think the taste gets worse every time I eat em

I love to eat them as well, I never did think they tasted that nasty any how!

I voted "E" because certain folks in my group of friends detest the taste of shrooms, but love the experience. So for all concerned, Its just easier to coffee grind them to a fine powder and stuff a large gelcap with the powder.

I found that a stuffed cap is about 1/2 a gram give or take a tenth: It's easier to guesstimate your dose if you don't have a scale using 00 gel-caps.

It's easy to store large amounts of powder in a air tight container in the freezer for the long term also.

I find that the honey method works good as well; for long term storage of powdered mushrooms. if you happen to have loads of shrooms you can infuse the honey to where a teaspoon represents any where from 1 to 3 grams if you do the math right.

Honey never spoils and will increase the life of the cubies. Some will even store the hole mushroom in honey and eat them that way.

Any who
Happy trails no mater what your path may be.

Last edited:
i usually crush them very finely and mix them in applesauce

i selected c as my answer ~

I get my shrooms from someone who grows them himself and then bakes them into little chocolate mushroom cakes. They are DELICIOUS. I really can't stand the taste of mushrooms, so if I don't get them in chocolate, I will usually freeze them for an hour or two, then crush/grind them up, pour the powder into a cup of OJ, stir, and then gulp it down. Usually hits me in like 5 minutes if I drink em in OJ.

-legz

I had a guy that did that for some time.

The stuff was extremely potent, and I could only eat half of the chocolates at a time or the trip would be overwhelming.

Shrooms decided to stop working for me years ago, and after several failed attempts over a period of about a year I haven't tried psilocin since.. Back when I used to take them semi-regularly, I usually just ate them with a drink to wash 'em down. Sometimes I broke them up into smaller pieces so I could spend less time chewing them, but only a couple times did I have them made into some other edible first: one of my college roommates would make mushroom chocolates by grinding up the shrooms, melting some chocolate candies with a double boiler setup (a pan suspended over boiling water, for a slow, controlled heating with no risk of burning the material on the bottom), mixing the 'shroom dust in and then pouring the melted chocolate-shroom mix into ice trays to harden into candies. In order to get the doses consistent without painstakingly making them one at a time, you have to grind the shrooms very well, mix the material very well and know how much chocolate will fill how many ice cube slots (or whatever else you use for a mould). Hershey's kisses work pretty well and the end result is far less nauseating for many people. I never had severe problems with nausea on mushrooms before they stopped working (at which point the desirable mental and visual effects ceased and the body load became unbearable), beyond finding it unpleasant in the short term to force them down.

Made tea for the first time on friday. Boiled for about 10 minutes, then steeped in mint tea and added honey. You couldn't even tell it was anything but mint tea. GOD DAMN it hits hard and fast compared to eating them.8o

I just eat them straight, unless a trusted person has some chocolates.

I've never tried any other way, and never felt the need. Mushrooms have always treated me right the way I way I take them. (as long as I'm treating myself right)