Votes: 60 40.5%
  • C) Put them in some other sort of food to mask the taste

Votes: 26 17.6%
  • D) Mushy Tea or Drink (such as juice)

Votes: 23 15.5%
  • E) Grind them up and parachute the powder

Votes: 11 7.4%

• Total voters
I swallow hundreds of parachutes per year containing various things such as supplements and it works great; especially for large volumes of powder.
I've been eating a lot of toilet paper recently, so I'm glad to hear someone else's experiences doing the same turning out well years later...

On topic, I just chew them up usually. Chocolate works well for this, but I can just chew them up with no problems if necessary.

Last edited:
Oh yea I have to say that the highest i've ever been on mushrooms was when i drank some tea. It could have been the sheer amount of shrooms i couldn't even tell you how much but it was rediculous. Also I had ate some prior to that so that skews my opinion but it was like an acid test for shrooms. I think my dealer was just trying to test me to see if my heart was in the right place and if he could trust me cause he kept insisting that i take another drink, and another lol. Then after all was said and done he offered me the mush that he made the tea with, which kinda defeats the purpose but I didn't want to be rude haha.

I usually cut them all up into little pieces and just swallow mouthfulls of the pieces with a drink or the best way I found to be most rewarding was grinding them to as close to powder as possible then downing them in a glass of orange juice!

Smother in peanut butter. Sorta kinda masks that musty old sweaty gym sock taste haha

I always make tea. If I want it to hit fast and strong, I just chug the tea down in a couple gulps. If I'm looking for a more chill experience, I add hot chocolate mix and sip it slowly. Frankly I couldn't imagine consuming psilocybe mushrooms by any other method, IMO/IME making tea cuts out 95% of the bad side-effects while retaining all of the potency.

Grind them up and parachute the powder...

i cant stand the taste anymore... every since i ate some FRESHLY grown ones.....i want to puke when i smell them...

to me mushrooms smell and taste like a hockey players sock after a overtime game....

Used to chew them up and swallow, once I just cut them into small pieces and swallowed them.

Gotta say I absolutely loathe the taste :(

Somehow the taste or texture doesn't bother me and i've dosed at least 20 times (on a very conservative guess). That's why I can chew them to a pulp and suck the juice out of it. That seems to be one of the least common methods of consumption probably because of taste/texture. I'm a frequent smoker so maybe my taste buds aren't as sensitive to them. I think we should have a related poll with smokers vs. non-smokers to see how that correlates haha jk.

Fresh taste so much better than dried. I prefer fresh, followed by ground up dried in gel caps. The only thing worse about the gel caps is burping them up later :p You used to be able to get them like at at smart shops in Amsterdam (no longer!). They were very potent.

For fresh mushrooms, I've found peanut butter and/or honey coat them well enough to help mask the taste. I can handle whole dried ones as long as they are broken up and I don't chew them to the point they get stuck in my teeth (ugh!!)

I just take a big spoonful of penutbutter, stick half my dose of dried mushies on top, eat the top half of the penutbutter off the spoon, then stick the rest in there. They didn't taste bad at all, and I tripped. :)

Actually the penutbutter was quite good.

i voted tea because its my prefered method.
But its not the one i use usually.

Usually i just eat them with an apple to cover the taste.

B, cuz I'm usually too lazy to make tea. Even though I find the come-up from tea to be smoother.

They don't really taste all that bad, kinda "earthy" I guess.

If they're bigguns, like say P. Cubensis, I just munch them as they are.

I find the smaller ones to be a bit difficult with their wee stalks - they are the ones that I need to chop-up (or put in a blender) and maybe have in a soup or tea.

:)

Even though I find the come-up from tea to be smoother.

Smoother?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!

In my opinions tea hits like a ton of bricks.
I usually start feeling it in 15 min, peaking at 30min, and down by 3 hours.

I just don't get nauseous from tea. Maybe that's what makes it feel smoother for me, or maybe my tea's not so strong. Come to think of it most of the those trips have been lower dose...

My ton-of-bricks experience was about 5g of powder followed by a lot of water.... that hit hard and quick, but seemed to last quite a while....

I chose option c. I love the psychedelic mushroom experience, but for me, eating them is the worst part. If its heavily flavored I can drink mushy tea, but it still gags me. My favorite way is to chop the dried mushrooms into a fine powder and put them into a small amount of Hershey chocolate. With this, I cannot taste the shrooms. Sometimes the texture still comes thru a bit and that bothers me, but all in all its similar to a crunch bar. Any other way i just cant get them down. I HATE the taste and texture of any mushroom, not just the psilocybin variety, so eating them with something is the only option.

I usually just chomp them. Most of the time I'm not thinking about the taste before I eat them, just the fact I want to trip balls. Not to say I haven't experimented with different ways to mask the taste.

I think I might go with grinding and parachuting. I parachute a lot of different substances so I don't know why I wouldn't with shrooms.

I chose option c. I love the psychedelic mushroom experience, but for me, eating them is the worst part. If its heavily flavored I can drink mushy tea, but it still gags me. My favorite way is to chop the dried mushrooms into a fine powder and put them into a small amount of Hershey chocolate. With this, I cannot taste the shrooms. Sometimes the texture still comes thru a bit and that bothers me, but all in all its similar to a crunch bar. Any other way i just cant get them down. I HATE the taste and texture of any mushroom, not just the psilocybin variety, so eating them with something is the only option.

If you hate the taste and texture of any mushroom why don't you make a tea and strain it, remove the ground up mushrooms, and mask the flavour of the tea with different tea bags and sugar? Vanilla Chai sounds good. Mmmmm....