• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives How do you guys chug DXM syrup?

i always plugged my nose and downed it as fast as i could (always took 4 oz. at a time). plugging your nose makes it kinda hard to swallow but it works. the thing about robo is that it sticks to your tongue so DO NOT unplug your nose until you've washed it away with a chaser (i always used water since i didn't want to alter the trip by using something with caffeine or any more sugar than the robo already contained; i'm super sensitive to most things). you're still going to get an aftertaste and if you burp, it's gonna taste and smell like shit but that's about the best way to get it down aside from doing an extraction.

grab some goldfish crackers. eat some, take a drink of water, chug the syrup, stuff your mouth with more goldfish. gets the taste right out.

Semirhage said:
A friend of mine use to turn the bottle upside down and stick it in the freezer for a day. Then drank the liquid that was left. Never tried it.

Any evidence that this would work?

Put it in purple drank.

purple-drank.jpg

Yeah yeah....i know.... purple drank isn't with dxm, but whatever.

another great way is to get delsym orange bottle, pour it into an empty 2 liter bottle, and fill it up with water. then shake it as much as you can for 5 minutes and let it sit for a couple hours. a lot of the dxm will stick to the bottom of the bottle when you drain it. scrape that shit up and ingest it in whatever way you're down with :D

provolone said:
another great way is to get delsym orange bottle, pour it into an empty 2 liter bottle, and fill it up with water. then shake it as much as you can for 5 minutes and let it sit for a couple hours. a lot of the dxm will stick to the bottom of the bottle when you drain it. scrape that shit up and ingest it in whatever way you're down with :D

But it'll still be time release! Know what you're getting into with Delsym.

from what i've heard, if you crush it up and stuff it helps a lot, and i think the time release dissolves in the water. taking that i usually only trip out for about 4-5 hours on around 1000mg, dont take my word for it though.

I dont see whats so bad about the taste, i dont like lit but its not that bad.

Hold your breathe, chug down your dose as quick as possible (no breathing), then slam 2-3 glasses of water while still holding your breathe to wash the taste away. easy.

provolone said:
from what i've heard, if you crush it up and stuff it helps a lot, and i think the time release dissolves in the water. taking that i usually only trip out for about 4-5 hours on around 1000mg, dont take my word for it though.

If it dissolved in water you'd think it would dissolve in the bottle...

That's pretty impressive though. I usually use Delsym to manipulate my DXO levels to make trips longer, and because it tends to give them a more "epic" shamanic feel at the Third Plateau. ie: I get more and deeper hallucinations.

Delsym claims their preparation is "equivalent" to 6mg/ml. I think this is a pretty generous estimate, and I'm not sure how they quite come up with that number. I will usually chug an 89ml bottle of Delsym (the small bottle-- so ~540mg of DXM) and then take approximately 600-700mg of DXM as Agent Lemon. (I'm a big guy. Remember that DXM doses are weight-dependent.) This is usually enough to keep me at the peak of the Third Plateau for hours. The experience usually lasts around 8-12 hours (depending on stomach contents, efficacy of the Agent Lemon extraction, blah blah), and I have afterglow for most all of the next day.

Now that I've got this down to an art, I'll never take DXM any other way, with the exception that I find pure powder somewhere or something. I love how it puts me right at the high end of the Third Plateau where I'll occasionally flirt with the 4th plateau and basically K-Hole for 15 or 20 minute spells. I've really gotten a lot of psychological work done with this regimen. It's given me quite a soft spot for DXM. You don't want to do it very often though. Even though the evidence for Olney's Lesions is pretty fleeting, there's no denying that NMDA agonists basically make you a retard. =D

Sorry to derail the OP!

I like orange stuff... Delsym, Waltussin Max orange... It goes down easier.

Delsym goes down smooth like a creamsicle.

Zicam Melts are available online and get you 300mg for 10 melts, no other ingredients. Tasty too!

If I have to chug the nasty, get a glass of water handy and take a deep breath, plug the nose, suck it down fast as you can. Down the glass o' water and pray.

how many mgs of DXM is in the total bottle of robogels? 20pills.

300 mg to above poster. Also, I'm not saying that Robo tastes wonderful (or saying that anyone who dislikes it is crazy), but it seems some of the more benign stuff you can drink (its the quantity that puts a dent in yr. stomach). Now something like raw calamus tea.... even less fun. :p

Oh, and DXM is (obviously) as much a drug as any, and has unique effects which cause me to seek it out on occasion, even if many other options are available. Sometimes, if you're in the right mood, nothing can beat constructing whole civilizations of pyramids in your head, flying through plant vascular tissue, or coming to terms w/ yr. existence as a shoebox floating in outer space. ;) A real good "rainy day" psychoactive w/ recreational and spiritual potential.

The Gels are 300 for 20 I concur...

Mr. Tambourine Man, you are so right. Although in my case its more like saving the world of "Tron" by fixing their main computer and traversing mars in a lunar rover....

Mr. Tambourine Man said:
Oh, and DXM is (obviously) as much a drug as any, and has unique effects which cause me to seek it out on occasion, even if many other options are available. Sometimes, if you're in the right mood, nothing can beat constructing whole civilizations of pyramids in your head, flying through plant vascular tissue, or coming to terms w/ yr. existence as a shoebox floating in outer space. ;) A real good "rainy day" psychoactive w/ recreational and spiritual potential.

Or blacking out, and experiencing your whole life as a DVD, complete with menus and scene selection. Or you can choose the special features, which, if you're listening to The Orb, make you feel like you're being carried along on a conveyor belt through the world of the Doozers from Fraggle Rock...

I really need to budget some DXM time soon!

same here...

Obyron said:
Or blacking out, and experiencing your whole life as a DVD, complete with menus and scene selection. Or you can choose the special features, which, if you're listening to The Orb, make you feel like you're being carried along on a conveyor belt through the world of the Doozers from Fraggle Rock...

I really need to budget some DXM time soon!

Thats exactly how my first Dex-Space initiation (3rd plateau and above) felt, except there were no menus, just a hugely inexplicable sensation of watching/being watched in/participating in an odd, low budget movie featuring drug use from the 70's. At least I wasn't worried that anyone would record over me, as I didn't exist (plus, who uses VHS anymore? ;) ) Very good/interesting times...

rangrz said:
dont, buy the gelcap version of DXM
care to actually add a reason behind your speech?

I just got a hookup on sale at (location not allowed :)

$4 a bottle for 300mg thats off da hook.

Oh and I got a crapload of Delsym coupons that save me $2 a bottle.

Anyway I have no beef with the gels, you just should take em on an empty tummy, wash em down with Mountain Dew or something acidic, and then let em go to work.

Sorry for being off topic but I just thought it was the scariest shit ever yesterday because I was high and reading this thread. Well it tripped me out hardcore because of all the similarities because I ate a burger around 7 too. I was fucking freaking out XD now it's hilarious tho.

I've never chugged cough syrup, I don't think I could stomach it.

I get the robitussin cough gels, sometimes, but I am sick of trippin on dxm. It makes me intoxicated. All I can do is lay down and trip.