• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives How do you guys chug DXM syrup?

headymeds said:
why dont you do real drugs in the first place
im sorry dxm isnt fun unlessyou like feeling like complete shit

Idiots like you who try a drug once and don't like the effects or get a bad trip for some reason or w/e then act like they know everything about the drug are quite efficient in spreading misinformation, eh?

Oh yeah, it's not a "real drug" because you don't like it, no matter that countless people have had mindfucking dissociative trips from it, but yeah, if you say so it's got to be shit, right... who are you again now?

As for the OP: just do the extraction, it's worth it.

I either buy gel caps with just dxm in them or ill perform an extraction on the syrup . Its really quit easy if study the methods for awhile . Just be very careful with that . You wouldnt want to poison ureself my friend

gelcaps, all the way.

the only bad thing is thinking about 40-60 gelcaps in your stomach.haha.
^^^cant be good . lol

extraction would also be very good.

After trying both, chugging the syrup is worth not having to eat 40+ gelcaps. Keeping a strongly flavored chaser by your side while doing it helps too.

dread said:
Idiots like you who try a drug once and don't like the effects or get a bad trip for some reason or w/e then act like they know everything about the drug are quite efficient in spreading misinformation, eh?

Oh yeah, it's not a "real drug" because you don't like it, no matter that countless people have had mindfucking dissociative trips from it, but yeah, if you say so it's got to be shit, right... who are you again now?

As for the OP: just do the extraction, it's worth it.

Yeah I've had pretty intense trips from it too but when I dunno what went wrong with this I only felt mild effects, I've felt stronger effects from taking 300mg worth of pills, I think I may of spaced out my sips too much and the fact that I had eaten dinner earlier. I usually take DXM on an empty stomach, I usually feel a drunk-feeling that was absent and really didn't hallucinate it just made me very sleepy.

And to that guy talking about LSD, its very rare in my area and most people my age only know about shrooms really and they're hard enough to get.

Looks like you already did it already but who knows. swim can't drink syrup anymore with out it coming right back up. The best thing swim can recommend is to pinch your nose or something and chug it all in one go, if possible.....probably better off with trying to find some zicam or something if you really don't want to go down the extraction route. Perhaps even the water/delsym one could work, if you like the polistirex.

Yeah I did it already and I didn't even really feel it for some reason. But next time I'll buy some delsym as I heard it tastes fine and it provides a decent level of DXM total and should be nice with some weed.

^ there have been times when I have taken a good amount of DXM and it has been like that. A few times I can recall I have taken between 500-700 mg's and it took like 3 hours to kick in and the effects were much less then they should have been for that dose. I don't know what causes this but it DOES happen from time to time. I have heard the same thing from a lot of other people. It's so weird to me. It has happened to me, I'd say, approx. 1 out of every ten times I have taken DXM. I wish I knew what caused it. I haven't found anything consistent with the times that it's happened to me.

Yeah whenever I've taken these DXM pills they always work and take like 20 min to kick in on an empty stomach always. Problem is they're nasty as hell and I have to take 15 of them and they contain guaifenesin but they are fine for a 300mg dose, I wish I would of saved the syrup so I could supplement the pills with the syrup. Last time I took them they made me gag and I was taking them with pop so I ended up puking up 2 pills and a bunch of red shit (doritos and dr pepper) and a bunch of fizz. I swear everytime I take the pills or even when drinking the syrup it makes me gag and my nose runs, and I even tears pour from my eyes.

PsYcHoAcTiViSt said:
^ there have been times when I have taken a good amount of DXM and it has been like that. A few times I can recall I have taken between 500-700 mg's and it took like 3 hours to kick in and the effects were much less then they should have been for that dose. I don't know what causes this but it DOES happen from time to time. I have heard the same thing from a lot of other people. It's so weird to me. It has happened to me, I'd say, approx. 1 out of every ten times I have taken DXM. I wish I knew what caused it. I haven't found anything consistent with the times that it's happened to me.
I know what you mean. I think it has to do with how DXM has such a low bio availability, that given just slightly lowered metabolism/absorption by the stomach, you lose out on a lot of DXM. You'd wanna take DXM at peak absorption time, but this would be after a mean, no? So that's no good for taking DXM really, so I dunno, aah.

headymeds said:
pretty much identical to the flu but your trying to have a good time
try some real trips
how much is a hit of acid in your area it shouldnt be over ten$ and if it is im sorry
and if you cant come up with the cash
get a job

This type of post is not constructive or useful. You clearly know very little about DXM. It can be a very powerful dissociative on par with PCP and ketamine. Most of the negative effects ("feeling like complete shit pretty much identical to the flu") take place at low doses, where the effects of the drug are closer to intoxication, and can occur because of the other active ingredients common in cough syrup. That quote does not at all describe the effects of a 3rd or 4th plateau dose of pure or extracted DXM.

I have tried a whole laundry list of drugs that I won't bother going into here, because I have nothing to prove to you, but I am telling you that DXM is worthwhile on its own merits, assuming you have the maturity and intelligence to respect the drug and know what it can do. Telling people who enjoy DXM that they should just do acid-- because hey, it's just cough syrup-- is like telling people who enjoy ketamine that they should just shoot heroin, instead of fucking around with bullshit animal tranquilizers. Because that's a fair comparison, right?

Do some more reading, grow up a little, and get off your self-righteous "my drug is better than your drug" high horse. I'm personally not a big fan of LSAs, but I don't feel like it's my personal mission in life to talk a bunch of stupid shit in every HBWR/MGS thread, because I understand that different people respond differently to things, and that it's possible for others to enjoy something that didn't do much for me.

I'd ask you to read more, and observe the vibe of friendly information sharing and curiosity for altered experiences that brings people to Bluelight.

headymeds said:
pretty much identical to the flu but your trying to have a good time
try some real trips
how much is a hit of acid in your area it shouldnt be over ten$ and if it is im sorry
and if you cant come up with the cash
get a job

Dxm is a real drug. I know many people, including myself who enjoy it. This thread is not about your opinion of the dxm experience or alternatives to it.

Anyway, just Chug it like it's liquor. I usually have a chaser on hand ( preferably sunkist) And the more you take down the faster you'll be through the process.

dude, you can buy robotussin pills.
there red gelcaps, and usually come in a small container that says "robotussin gelcaps" I think its 15 mg per tab, im not sure though.

In my opinion buy zicam spray, one bottle is about 400 mg's and it's only like 1 gulp of liquid.

w33dsp34k said:
dude, you can buy robotussin pills.
there red gelcaps, and usually come in a small container that says "robotussin gelcaps" I think its 15 mg per tab, im not sure though.

Even syrup that contains only DXM as an ACTIVE ingredient still contains a ton of INACTIVE ingredients like sugars, binders, flavor oils, and preservatives. At best they're simply unnecessary for your trip, and at worst some of them are capable of inducing nausea on their own by the time you've drank a bottle of syrup or eaten a bunch of pills. My average DXM dose for 3rd plateau is 1100-1200mg (I'm a big guy. Remember that DXM dosing is weight dependant). If I have to take a gram of something to get off, I want to try to make sure that's all I'm taking.

So that's why I like Agent Lemon. It tastes disgusting, but I can handle that, and I know within reason that all I'm drinking is DXM citrate, water, and a few flavor oils that survived the extraction. I'll usually also "boost" my trip with Delsym an hour before I take the Agent Lemon, but I can handle the taste of that.

I take it in gulps, but dont wash it down till the end. Because the DXM flavour already in your mouth stops you from getting the strong DXM taste again if that makes sense. I Love DXM

cough syrup is disgusting.
alot of the time it can give people allergic reactions.
ive only done it once, and my friend broke out into hives.
plus you have to drink ALOT of cough syrup to get to 4th plato... if you want to get that far?

i tried it once and couldn't hack it, robogels are definitely the shit though

A friend of mine use to turn the bottle upside down and stick it in the freezer for a day. Then drank the liquid that was left. Never tried it.