• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

How do drugs fit into your relationship?

Yes, I would. She's very straight laced and 'proper' though, I'd have to test the waters and gauge her reaction to recreational drugs. She'd probably run a mile if I said 'let's go to a club and do some MDMA'.

My fiancée and I both suffer from chronic back pain and were in the process of trying to get treatment for this when she met. We actually met bc she had found a steady reliable dealer of percocet and oxycontin at dirt cheap prices (the girl was her friend from back in highschool) anyone that is prescribed narcotics knows there is a long road from your first doc visit to the time you actually start opioid therapy. Anyways our whole relationship started bc of oxycodone basically. We drank and smoked pot a lot together to. Occasionally it for for the buzz but it was also for self medication purposes as we'll. we eventually started dating we moved in together after only dating for 2 months and became very badly addicted and like mentioned above were just enabling each other. Bc by this point we knew 4 or 5 people that we could get some kind of opiate from at any given moment. It was just so easy to get them. But then she got pregnant and we stop together the second we found out. We stayed away from opiates for a year. After the pregnancy we returned to the doctor for treatment. Now we both get prescribed hydrocodone. I get nine 10/325 Norcos a day and she gets four 7.5/325 Norcos a day. Our doctors appt are set at different times from one another so if I run out of my medicine she can give me some of hers until I get it refilled and vise versa. She also gets adderall and we basically split that half and Half except for the last few days leading up to my doc appt incase I get drug tested I don't get dismissed since I'm not prescribed that. We still occasionally take percocet but rarely. I Beleive that most people would not have made it through what we have as a couple but we've stuck together through it all. Were best friends. We do drugs and drink together all the time. But we have both agreed that we will stay away from the hard shit. And we have never had any problems with it. It's great. I also Beleive that our relationship would not have lasted if one of us were not accepting of the others habits. It would have ripped us apart. But we just did it all together.

For me -- How did my relationship fit into my drug use? And his? :\

for me, they mix ok (id say). she is also open to the idea of use and we sometimes indulge together, which are the best times. sometimes i tirp alone and thats fine with her too.

all in all, since we re both only recreational occasional users, we keep each other in check and have fun while feeling safe... win win.

i cant imagine drug addiction and relationships working out though...

Yes, I would. She's very straight laced and 'proper' though, I'd have to test the waters and gauge her reaction to recreational drugs. She'd probably run a mile if I said 'let's go to a club and do some MDMA'.

I would have too if that's how my boyfriend approached me at the beginning. But it wasn't that straightforward lol. It was more gradual and he was more like "ahhh if you ever want to, just let me know" and he gave me lots of info on what the media said and basically why it was a lie.

my lovers want me to get sober but they know its not happening right now ... I live alone so it works out. They don't have to see the dark stuff but I'm honest with them all and they know whats going on. When I tried living with people it only worked out when I had some sobriety under my belt.

My response to this is wrote out in another thread in DC. My relationship and drug use fall into the secret double life category. My hubby has no clue of my current drug use. He has never even took a drag off a cigarette much less done a drug. This is the man that can take 1 advil and it help his pain. I got hooked on percs about 8yrs ago due to medical reasons. Which then lead to recreational use and a fast increase in tolerance. About 5 yrs ago, I started suboxone maintenance and really did do exactly as I was supposed to for over 4 yrs. When I did use before getting on the suboxone I either took the pills orally (with apap) or snorted. Well when I relapsed back in the spring of this year I have now found my love for the needle.

oh fuck. m-eslon would be safer than the ol needle.^^ slow release so less ups and downs, better to maintain. just a thought if your able to get it, much safer

oh fuck. m-eslon would be safer than the ol needle.^^ slow release so less ups and downs, better to maintain. just a thought if your able to get it, much safer

Never even heard of those. I will definitely ask around tho. After doing a google search it sounds like something that I like to do. Lol

Never even heard of those. I will definitely ask around tho. After doing a google search it sounds like something that I like to do. Lol

They are a much safer way (though I won't encourage you) but still, if your experimenting with the needle, m-eslon would be much safer. They are time released and much safer grade than that other stuff. Much. They are pure.
and due to the time release action, you won't risk over dose if used correctly. I suggest cannabis to also help curve the ol appetite. and of course, then there's the whole, why are you doing the needle in the first place issue and that's up to you to figure out. But for goodness sake, please be careful with the needle. come on.

Get to the root of why.
If you need it in your system, please try and find a better way. Dr's, if they know the truth will often help ween you of the crappy stuff.
I'd suggest a light dose and hopefully, eventually, none at all. but yes, m-eslon, find out more and good luck on getting back to you, free and clear.
Even m-eslon comes at a price. It is a strong opiate and can do just as much damage over the long haul...good luck myloveishim

Thank you!! And as far as why I chose the needle, it's because after 4.5 yrs of being on bupe (no less than 16mgs up to 32mgs most days) my tolerance was thru the roof. So if I wanted to feel anything at all I knew I had to go that route.

Thank you!! This is why I love bluelight... people caring and concerned ( genuinely) about complete strangers. I spend more time here than even Facebook.

I would have too if that's how my boyfriend approached me at the beginning. But it wasn't that straightforward lol. It was more gradual and he was more like "ahhh if you ever want to, just let me know" and he gave me lots of info on what the media said and basically why it was a lie.
A lot of uninformed people are scared by what they read in the media. I was talking to a friend who isn't a stranger to quite a few drugs about LSD, and he said he'd be really scared of taking it. Only because he thought he'd flip out and forget who he was or what he'd done.

As for the girl I am seeing, who knows. We both have our own interests, and if mine is going out to clubs every other month and doing some stuff, so be it. She needn't know or be affected by it. I like recreational substances, but wouldn't worry if I couldn't (or didn't want to) touch them again.

Was with a guy for 4 years and after 2 years, he became addicted to heroin. Functionally, I would say because he had a job and went to school and got his work done, had a car and a place to live. didn't steal things ever. It got in the way of us because all of our money would be gone on that. then he started lying and whatever. He it still addicted to this day and I haven't talked to him in a month. A heroin addict broke up with me. how pathetic am i?

Was with a guy for 4 years and after 2 years, he became addicted to heroin. Functionally, I would say because he had a job and went to school and got his work done, had a car and a place to live. didn't steal things ever. It got in the way of us because all of our money would be gone on that. then he started lying and whatever. He it still addicted to this day and I haven't talked to him in a month. A heroin addict broke up with me. how pathetic am i?

Don't take it personally love. It happens. He chose the drug over love. Its the heroin not you!! I am an addict and I picked my drug over my husband a few years ago. Luckily at that time he didnt cut me slack and made it where I couldnt chose my drug in the end. However we split up 2 yrs ago now. (Still love together tho) and I relapsed about 6 months ago.

^^agreed. Not pathetic at all. There's a good poem on another thread in the Dark Side called something like,'A poem for the opiate naive to consider'
REally strikes it on home. Might wanna give it a read.

My drug use and my relationship mesh pretty well. Before I met her, and before she met me, we'd both do drugs frequently and indiscriminately. We had a brief run on ethylphenidate when we were getting to know each other, but now we basically smoke weed a few times a week, drink, and take psyches together every other month or so. It works well, I have no desire to do the drugs without her, and though I did have a benzo problem when I met her, I got off them and have stayed off them, though we keep some around (I have no idea where) for tripping/stim use etc.

So yeah, it's worked out quite well really but I think our interest in drugs beyond just taking them is what got us talking in the first place so...

We do weed and ketamine together on the weekends, occasionally MDMA too. We're doing LSD in about a month together, he's experienced with psychedelics and this will be my first one. Neither of us are addicts and it's a fun bonding experience.

we're both stoners... i dont do any other drugs anymore. My partner will use on special occasion...