• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

How do drugs fit into your relationship?

In the beginning, they were a source of my confidence and helped me to articulate things, which I felt at the time I would otherwise not have been able to communicate to her. But, over time, she has given me that confidence, with her love and commitment alone. And, well, let's face it, the ability to articulate things is not a requirement of a relationship. So, right now, there is no need for drugs of any kind.

An ex and I enabled each other. It was a bad deal at the end, but a fun run initially.

That is as succint as I can get.

This. Was a blast in the beginning until the drugs and money ran out. Unfortunatly it took 2 years for that to happen.

No part. I keep it to myself. I couldn't feel worse for those that enable each other or form rships with drugs being the common denominator.

Rtp

Last edited:
I got a cousin with whom I maintain a kinky relationship with and its all based around cocaine. We love to get high and have fun.

My husband has a serious drug habit. We've been together for ten years. When we met, I was naive. I'd smoked weed but that was the extent of my drug knowledge. He hid his use well the first couple of years. I managed to catch on when we moved to a large city. He and his buddy would disappear for a week at a time. And come back with such lame excuses as to where they were and why. He let it get out of control and I hated it. We moved back to my hometown where I thought I could keep him from easily accessing it. He now goes to the methadone clinic. That, I'm ok with. It's the heroin that I despise. I was always afraid that it was gonna be his last hit. We've had several close ones that required medical help.
I love my husband to death and as much as i hate the drug use, i can see past it. As lame as it may sound, as long as it is kept in check and my bills are paid, I live with it. I am certified to carry narcain and have accepted that this will be my life as long as i am married to him.

I got a cousin with whom I maintain a kinky relationship with and its all based around cocaine. We love to get high and have fun.

Same with me! except me and my cousin smoke weed, have sex, and sometimes do MDMA and makeout for hours.
we don't fuck on the MDMA tho

Drugs do not fit in my relationship at all. I can´t have both. Either I love or get high.

Let me just say I can control myself on most catagories of drugs. But when I am put in front or roxi's, heroin, meth, or adderall, I have to get a needle and ruin every relationship I have with anybody.

I've had a few relationships where occasionally we used psychedelics together, that was cool. One where we smoked weed a few times, which was good, but drinking together was bad because I'd get too drunk and act out, which made him mad and started fights. Another one where drugs weren't involved because he smoked weed with friends, while I was not currently using anything.
Another relationship where I introduced an ex crack addict to psychedelics/dissociatives and raves. It was fun. But while I was in prison for two months, he got heavily into Ketamine and fell apart, lost his job & kids. Not wanting to go back to jail or prison, I didn't get back with him. That proved to be a smart choice.
I dated a guy who did not use drugs or drink at all. I was using drugs four months per year- mostly psychedelics& dissociative, some alcohol and opiates. He just asked I didn't get high around him. That was easy, but spent less time with him during "drug months." Our relationship ended because after a period of experimenting with heroin, I overdosed when I tried IV. He demanded choose drugs or him. Having quit heroin, I saw quitting psychedelics as stupid and more a choice between choose him or myself.
I next dated a heroin addict, basically as rebellion. I planned to dump him before moving to Vegas. I tripped more often, introduced him to Ketamine and he loved it. After a few months, I started using heroin, flipping between some use and binges. I moved him to Vegas. He was a different person once we were alone (as opposed to living in a house full of people) and didn't have roommates. He'd black out on benzodiazipines also and become very mean. I didn't have a job or friends,felt so alone.. Did heroin whenever I could, which became more often when I became employed. I got hooked. It was cool for a while, but he felt guilty. As time progressed, there was a lot of drama and manipulation and fights and so on- him being on a pain clinic and selling some pills with a once monthly SSI check, me working and gping to school on and off. But we were dependent on each other in so many ways, living together for nearly two years after breaking up. He tried to date other junkies, they used him a lot (was kinda jealous how he'd contribute to monster habits each day while it used to be hell just to get 10-20 per day put of him. Drug jealousy, not romantic.) I had decided never to be with another junkie. At the end of living together, he borrowed from me against rent and bills to support himself and this chick, eventually we were evicted and everyone split off.
I am currently with a meth addict. It actually works very well. I was on meth for a year when I was 19, so have some insight, but zero desire to use it. We both understand addiction. He will use heroin on occasion, but I am mindful of frequency as is he, and plus he doesn't want it that often. If he runs out of his drugs, he just sleeps. He also will tweeked out and make things for me or go out gambling, so aren't constantly in each other's company like I was with the junkie bf, so don't get sick of each other (not that I see myself getting annoyed by him anyway.) Everything is smooth and no drama, no wretched fights and taking shit out on each other and so on
His last relationship ended up being bad, some similarities to my prior one but he was the only one on drugs. We are both pretty self sufficient but will help each other back and forth when the other is out of drugs and unable to get money. I really didn't expect to get along so well with a tweeker, but I do. Both of us like weed and psychedelics, but mainly having opposite taste in our drug addiction works very well- there's understanding but without trying to get something out of the other one, or running out of money or drugs whole supporting the other's habit, etc.
It seems that both parties using weed or some psychedelic/dissociatives probably works best far as drugs in relationships is concerned, or a situation like this where both are hooked on something entirely different.

I use drugs to avoid thinking about how lame my relationship has become pretty sad shit :/

I use drugs to avoid thinking about how lame my relationship has become pretty sad shit :/

hmm , if you wish to go on Im interested as my relationship and my life to me always are better with drugs and Im also an adrenaline junky but I control so many impulses of mine and sacrifice so much bc I love my gf and it doesn't bother me but she doesn't mind drugs .

i personally miss how I was with partying and dealing but life moves on ..friends and myself all have gone threw arrests and I smartened up while they didnt and I didn't get hooked on anything besides my scripts I got later for ptsd and other disorders I have (thanks big pharma ) l.but I miss more is I don't have a connect and I do not trust easy at all so
I feel doomed to never get High when I want again without luck (besides weed) .lthat makes me sad lol .

Lol alcohol is like one of the most destructive things you can put in your body...? People are strange. Alcohol deserves its rank among powerful and dangerous drugs lol

Ive always had trouble with sober partners because the majority of my time and thought does go into drugs.

im at a crossroads as well..right now i couldnt have a sober partner as my main enjoyment in life is drugs so she would be out of the loop..at the same time ive been with girls who just smoke weed 24/7 or pop pills nonstop and that gets old fast so i need an 'in between girl' and those are hard to find..lol..

I truly believe that love demands full delivery, availability and passion. Exclusivity!
In a good sense I believe that love, in its altruism, is pure and selfish..

"In between girl" in that context would probably mean in between drugs, which is probably not possible.
Although at some point we all wish that, IMO it´s not possible to fit.

How often we once wished to use it only on weekends or every other day..

Being in a codependent relationship is a real bitch. IME it always got nasty when drug supply was low. At this point I wouldn't want to date another user unless she was definitely in the position to pay for her own supply 100 percent of the time and never asked me to lend her shit.

I have dated women who don't use or even drink. Most didn't really care. Most those relationships I was an alcoholic and they were not.

As far as using drugs and dating. Yeah I had gotten involved with a woman who did not approve of drug use and I just hid it from her for the most part. I remember she would talk so much shit about people who do this drug that way and the whole time I was one of those people. So yeah eventually I just stopped seeing her because my habit increased to the point where it would be torturous to see her and hide it. I would rather keep things good between us then to do something I know she hates in front of her.

I have had chicks that slightly disaproved but accepted my habits. That was probably the best case scenario. It is not like you are going to find a woman who is OK with you sticking a needle in your arm but I would rather have that than a woman who is mad that I don't really feel like sharing my shit because she is a leech and can't budget or won't live within her means.

There is always a bit of envy if you are around someone who is doing your DOC and they do not want to share. At the same time you will be genuinely letting yourself be played if you support someone else's habit.

So it would be rather difficult to find someone with the same habit where neither one of you would try to take advantage of the other. I personally pay my debts, but too often when dating a loan becomes a gift. I really do not like self entitled people in general and drug addicts then to be very self entitled to other peoples possessions.

I had one gf who would often ask me to do shit like pawn my guns and I never did. She never did steal but she would constantly beg even though I never gave in. I was able to procur it for her for cheaper than any one else and that was good enough. I never lent her more than 20 bucks and it is a good thing because she still owes me 20 bucks.

About a year ago I had a gf steal a whole months rx of suboxone. That was beyond fucked up. She kept calling telling me that I was such an asshole for not believing she didn't steal them but I really doubt anyone else did because I did not have any one else in the house when I was dating her. So it is not like the suboxone fairy showed up.