• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

How careful do I need to be with mixing diazepam and alcohol.

Iv also found a source where I can get zopiclone , I can get 20x7.5mg pills. So at my disposal would be 150mg zopiclone, 500mg diazepam, and around 600 mg codeine. If I mixed this with alcohol could it finish me. Plz I don't want to do this if it's not got a high chance of fatality because I would be devastated waking up

Iv also found a source where I can get zopiclone , I can get 20x7.5mg pills. So at my disposal would be 150mg zopiclone, 500mg diazepam, and around 600 mg codeine. If I mixed this with alcohol could it finish me. Plz I don't want to do this if it's not got a high chance of fatality because I would be devastated waking up
And on the other hand this... Disgraceful.

Your wasting your time there. I hope your counselling or therapy comes round soon.

Hi guys, so I have 500mg of diazepam and I drink alcohol most weekends. I'm tempted to relapse and take my diazepam and then hit the town like usual but I'm worried about potential harm. IV never taken as much as 500ng before and iv never mixed it with alcohol but could this potentially be fatal for a 95kg 32 year old guy???

500mg diazepam plus alcohol could ABSOLUTELY kill you. Benzo's alone are almost impossible to OD on (a nurse once told me - um, after a benzo OD, so...she really shouldn't have been telling me this? Like, looking back, it was almost her telling me how to successfully KMS? - that you need to mix benzo's with another CNS depressant for them to dangerous (ie GHB, alcohol, barbiturates or opioids) as in order to die from a benzo OD you'd have to take so many of them so quickly that you'd choke to death on all the pills before you OD'd.
But mixing diazepam with alcohol is very dangerous. I've blacked out from taking just 20mg diazepam along with my usual alcohol intake (which was admittedly about 6 bottles of wine a day at the time).

They don't just add together, so that for example, 6 beers plus 20mg diazepam = 6 beers plus 20mg diazepam, they can as much as double each others effects so 6 beers plus 20mg diazepam can = as much as 12 beers and 40mg diazepam.

500mg diazepam plus alcohol could ABSOLUTELY kill you. Benzo's alone are almost impossible to OD on (a nurse once told me - um, after a benzo OD, so...she really shouldn't have been telling me this? Like, looking back, it was almost her telling me how to successfully KMS? - that you need to mix benzo's with another CNS depressant for them to dangerous (ie GHB, alcohol, barbiturates or opioids) as in order to die from a benzo OD you'd have to take so many of them so quickly that you'd choke to death on all the pills before you OD'd.
But mixing diazepam with alcohol is very dangerous. I've blacked out from taking just 20mg diazepam along with my usual alcohol intake (which was admittedly about 6 bottles of wine a day at the time).

They don't just add together, so that for example, 6 beers plus 20mg diazepam = 6 beers plus 20mg diazepam, they can as much as double each others effects so 6 beers plus 20mg diazepam can = as much as 12 beers and 40mg diazepam.

Your much more likely to fuck yourself up then actually kill yourself. I was in the psych ward with a guy who washed down a bottle of 2mg klonopin with 2 bottles of scotch and he woke up in a coma and was then admitted to the psych ward.

Your much more likely to fuck yourself up then actually kill yourself. I was in the psych ward with a guy who washed down a bottle of 2mg klonopin with 2 bottles of scotch and he woke up in a coma and was then admitted to the psych ward.
yup - I've also know (and known of) three people who are either A) now longterm psyche inmates (2 of them) or B) persistant vegetative state (1 lucky individual) - all from trying suicide-by-OD

Out of above sitution, one has led to a child comiiting suicide too, and another to a previously sober teenager having a massive benzo habit. Thanks a fucking lot Dad!

@benladdie3000 this is truth, I would not lie or joke about shit like this. Just think on ffs. This want you want for your kids is it?

I don't want an answer - just some lovely and real scenario's for you to consider.

It's so easy to kill yourself should one truly wish to. To me, it's clear that you actually do not want to.

I wish there was someway to block myself seeing or responding to this thread, keep getting drawn back in ffs.

Get some actual sessions with an actual psychotherapist mate and explore that shit. Give yourself 1 year perhaps. We cannot help you with any of this.

True. I attempted something similar but with a package of Phenobarbital. Didn't die, was just in a coma/on a ventilator in the ICU for a week. I live in the UK, though, so no psych ward. They won't do that even if you are actively a significant suicide threat or completely ranting-and-raving psychotic (I know from experience).

True. I attempted something similar but with a package of Phenobarbital. Didn't die, was just in a coma/on a ventilator in the ICU for a week. I live in the UK, though, so no psych ward. They won't do that even if you are actively a significant suicide threat or completely ranting-and-raving psychotic (I know from experience).
Of course they will, or maybe it's area-specific? (I mean, eveyone's off their tree in NE England eh so not enough room probably!)

Joking aside, I'm aware of two people my end who have been sectioned in 2024. It is a lot harder though over the last decade or so, granted

Of course they will, or maybe it's area-specific? (I mean, eveyone's off their tree in NE England eh so not enough room probably!)

Joking aside, I'm aware of two people my end who have been sectioned in 2024. It is a lot harder though over the last decade or so, granted

I have been sectioned before, but I've also been severely psychotic and ranting and actively hallucinating when talking to the emergency psych team and they just let me go home.
Like, I was Sara-Goldfarb-at-the-end-of-Requiem-for-a-Dream crazy.

Damn you got lucky barbs can be quite fatal.

Lucky you escaped the psych ward to those places are fucking hell. No wonder i thought i was dead when i was in there

I have been sectioned before, but I've also been severely psychotic and ranting and actively hallucinating when talking to the emergency psych team and they just let me go home.
Like, I was Sara-Goldfarb-at-the-end-of-Requiem-for-a-Dream crazy.
well the know you now dont they! I

I can just picture them "Oh, it's only ChemicallyEnhanced flouncing around on one again, well we've known that drama befoer and we aint got no beds fo that kinda shhheeiite wyeaye man eh"

Yo, @benladdie3000 what's happening, man?

You making any progress or still feeling fucked?

When folk are consistently staying they want to aff themselves the doc usually tries to give you drugs to make you feel better. How about giving that a go before you do anything else?

I'm not gonna say just man up because I know what it's like to be totally broken and it's not helpful. But you're never truly broken until you're out the game. Don't take yourself out the game, laddie, don't take yourself out the game...