• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

How careful do I need to be with mixing diazepam and alcohol.

benladdie3000

Bluelighter
Hi guys, so I have 500mg of diazepam and I drink alcohol most weekends. I'm tempted to relapse and take my diazepam and then hit the town like usual but I'm worried about potential harm. IV never taken as much as 500ng before and iv never mixed it with alcohol but could this potentially be fatal for a 95kg 32 year old guy???

500mg + alcohol could easily be fatal, yes. Best case scenario... you go into a coma for a long time and wake up in the hospital. Don't.

30mg + alcohol is not as physically dangerous.

But I highly advise against this combo in general. It leads to extremely dangerous and/or embarrassing behavior. Do not go out on the town with this combo. You will do something stupid.

There is no reason to take 500mg anyways, why do you want to? You'll just black out for a very long time. Taking more than 50mg without tolerance and planning to go do stuff is just stupid and dangerous.

Best case scenario you have a few drinks before passing out and pissing your pants. Worst case you become violent for no reason and hurt yourself or someone else.

Just go and have a nice time and keep the diazepam to take the edge off your hangover. Relapsing is never as good as you think it's gonna be.

I don't know why I want to do this. Some days I don't want to be here here full stop anymore and other days I just want to escape reality. Online it says the lethal dose for diazepam is into the several thousand mgs. If I mixed this amount (500mg) with say a bottle of vodka would there be a chance of fatality.

I hope you reconsider making any rash decisions, please take the time to talk to someone about your issues. There are plenty of people here who have open hearts, minds, and ears if you need to get anything off your chest. A lot of us have gone through our own struggles as well and you may find things to relate to people here.

What I can say is that mixing benzodiazepines with alcohol is dangerous and I would advise against it in every scenario, the comedown is horrible combined with a large risk of respiratory depression

Come on, man. You deserve better than that.

If it's really that bad go and ask for some help. But don't do this. It will just make things worse.

Take care,

BB

I hope you reconsider making any rash decisions, please take the time to talk to someone about your issues. There are plenty of people here who have open hearts, minds, and ears if you need to get anything off your chest. A lot of us have gone through our own struggles as well and you may find things to relate to people here.

What I can say is that mixing benzodiazepines with alcohol is dangerous and I would advise against it in every scenario, the comedown is horrible combined with a large risk of respiratory depression
Thank you, what does respiratory depression mean

I'm in a bad spot. Some days I want to end it but I don't want to survive and be in a vegative state. Then other days I want to fight it but I'm in a position where I can't be there for my children due to relapsing or being too depressed. So I drink to escape. But if I do go through with it I need to be sure it will work.

There are other solutions to depression, kratom is one substance that many people talk about helping their depression. If your depression is caused by material conditions there are usually ways to fix it. Being alive for your children is one of the best things you can do, I have a friend who lost a parent to suicide and it sent them into a negative spiral of drinking and heroin use for years.

500mg + alcohol could easily be fatal, yes. Best case scenario... you go into a coma for a long time and wake up in the hospital. Don't.

30mg + alcohol is not as physically dangerous.

But I highly advise against this combo in general. It leads to extremely dangerous and/or embarrassing behavior. Do not go out on the town with this combo. You will do something stupid.

There is no reason to take 500mg anyways, why do you want to? You'll just black out for a very long time. Taking more than 50mg without tolerance and planning to go do stuff is just stupid and dangerous.
Would it be a painless way to go

No, benzos are not a good way to commit suicide. There have many cases of people attempting to commit suicide with benzos and surviving insane doses. The last thing you want to do is wake up in the hospital with serious brain and organ damage from a failed suicide attempt.

I really urge you to reconsider. Is there anything we can do to help?

Would it be a painless way to go
Not for the people who care about you. You also might just wake up a week later in the hospital as a human vegetable with $500,000 medical debt.

It would be the worst mistake of your life either way.

How about you take 20mg, go have a few drinks, get some cocaine, get a hooker or something. Try to have some fun. You might change your mind.

Not for the people who care about you. You also might just wake up a week later in the hospital as a human vegetable with $500,000 medical debt.

How about you take 20mg, go have a few drinks, get some cocaine, get a hooker or something. Try to have some fun. You might change your mind.
Good advice. If you have no tolerance, 20-30mg along with hard alcohol will be plenty to get you blotto.
Also, you want to remember your bender, don't you?

You'll get over wanting to check out for good. I'd actually recommend help for that. If you continue to want to commit suicide, there are better and more dependable ways to do it.
This combo has at least as much potential to just make things worse.

Seek help. A friend, suicide hot line, a religious guru, there are many people you could talk to, many even anonymously.
I wanted to commit suicide when I was a teenager. Tried once. Glad I failed without permanent issues.

No, benzos are not a good way to commit suicide. There have many cases of people attempting to commit suicide with benzos and surviving insane doses. The last thing you want to do is wake up in the hospital with serious brain and organ damage from a failed suicide attempt.

If you're dead set on committing suicide, you need to find a method that will for sure work and there are much better drugs than benzos for this purpose but I really urge you to reconsider. Is there anything we can do to help?
There isn't anything left for me really. I lost everything. I don't know what other drugs I can lay my hands on tbh

I live in the UK so I'd have no debt.

Good advice. If you have no tolerance, 20-30mg along with hard alcohol will be plenty to get you blotto.
Also, you want to remember your bender, don't you?

You'll get over wanting to check out for good. I'd actually recommend help for that. If you continue to want to commit suicide, there are better and more dependable ways to do it.
This combo has at least as much potential to just make things worse.

Seek help. A friend, suicide hot line, a religious guru, there are many people you could talk to, many even anonymously.
I wanted to commit suicide when I was a teenager. Tried once. Glad I failed without permanent issues.
IV felt this way for many years however right now the feeling is the most intense it's ever been. Would a litre of vodka with 500mg diazepam not be enough??

It all depends on the person. Once I developed a tolerance I’d regularly dip my finger in a bag of clonazolam powder while chugging beers.