• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Heroin addict gets life sentence for shoplifting

hey 'honest hardworking consumer', how bout you buy a clue instead of a 3rd world made designer purse next time you're at the mall. you fucking brainwashed tool!
haha that was hilarious!

moonyham i respect* you & your opinion. Even if that quote wasnt directed at you i would have thought it was funny. Dont take it personally but knowing/living with addicts 9 of my 19years on this earth has changed my perspective.

Last edited:
That's horrible I feel bad for her , they should have sent her to a long term in patient rehab 18+ months at least that would have helped address the route cause of her actions. I have a feeling this verdict will get over turned.

Totally agree :(

Hopefully this garbage gets tossed out, it HAS to somewhere up the line, it's insaine!

I'd say 10 years is fair based on her previous convictions.

Fuck rehab, this women needs to be incarcerated. I have been using opiates for a while, but you know what? I am RESPONSIBLE. I have an addictive personality and I know it, so therefore I chip. I have never been physically addicted, nor stolen anything for my addiction.

The excuses people are making here are ridiculous. "She needs help" "It's a disease." I mean please people. She deserves no breaks because she goes into withdrawal when she doesn't have her DOC. She made the decision to use drugs, and to steal time and time again. I would sleep better knowing my tax dollars go to keeping thieves behind bars then detoxing thieves who happen to be heroin addicts. Fuck her.

Serves her right?
That is pretty damn heartless, if you ask me.
She should be helped to quit her addiction and be forced to work in society - that would serve her right.

Her addiction is her responsibility and shes been a burden to the rest of us for decades, by the looks of her criminal record. If you live in a society you need to contribute to it, otherwise your just leaching. ( I know I'm gonna get flamed by all the "enlightened minds" that think society's evil, whatever).

"No one made her an addict. Not her surroundings, not her childhood, not her seizures. She made the decision to abuse drugs. I'm pretty sure that even if she started abusing the drugs 40 or 50 years ago, the link between drug abuse and addiction was well established. No one can honestly say that she didn't know exactly what the potential consequences of drug abuse were."

With out trying to get to into issues of free will and what the peripheral motivation for making bad decisions can be or is, lets just address the issue of punishment and reward, the two existing cohesively in most society's to form a system designed to influence other people's behavior. But if you make your decisions based on consequences whether they be good or bad, your just reacting to things and thus not making choices for yourself, and thus NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS AND CHOICES. Until people decide to be their lives own litigator, judge, and defendant they really aren't able to be responsible for their own actions.

That doesn't mean they are not, just not able one of the reasons people don't do things they shouldn't, the others usually being they don't know how too, or don't want too. Now taking responsibility for your own actions may take alot of things, it could take therapy, it could take any number of things, IT TAKES FIGHTING THE WORLD VIEWS OF EVERYONE AROUND YOU BECAUSE THEY ARE WRONG AND LIVE SHITTY AVERAGE CONTRIVED LIVES THAT AMOUNT TO JACK SHIT IF YOU REALLY THING ABOUT IT FROM AN ENDS STAND POINT. You people don't know this woman's story and you haven't the right to judge her with out taking a sympathetic view at her history. You know where it started it's usually where it ends up. You know like how must of you were bred and in most cases rased by morons, and are thus morons yourselves? I hate social conservatives. ALL OF THEM. HATE. get in a coma u guys. And yes I am an addict, hypothetically, not at all. A life not reflected is a life not lived.
:X

you guys don't know she's a parasite

some people have money problems, but it's not their fault

moonyham i rest you & your opinion. Even if that quote wasnt directed at you i would have thought it was funny. Dont take it personally but knowing/living with addicts 9 of my 19years on this earth has changed my perspective.

Well, this is the exact problem we have with society. People, like thousands of years ago, use to DIE if they made mistakes, they would then have to learn otherwise they would die. These days it has become almost accepted that making stupid fucking mistakes all the time is perfectly fine, and we've got all these support systems to basically make it impossible to starve to death or let us die from other causes.. i mean come the fuck on, these people made stupid mistake after stupid mistake, they are nothing to society, just a piece of cancer.

Fuck rehab, this women needs to be incarcerated. I have been using opiates for a while, but you know what? I am RESPONSIBLE. I have an addictive personality and I know it, so therefore I chip. I have never been physically addicted, nor stolen anything for my addiction.

So simply by having one thing in common (using drugs) with this woman you think you can understand her situation and judge her? Good for you that you're living your life responsibly, but it really has no bearing on this story.

I don't think she should avoid punishment, I'm not even on 'her side', but I do think a life sentence is ridiculous and counter productive, and I'm just amazed at the harshness of some people in here.

To the dude who is " chipping" lol. Every junky I know (myself included) started out just "chipping" and being "responsible". Just wait until one of your parents dies or you get raped or some awful shit happens to you and see if you are still "chipping".

Seeing how no one decides to become an addict I think it's really fucked up that a bunch of drug users can think this sentence is fair when 20 or 30 years from now you could possibly be in this womans situation. I say give her the maximum sentence for shoplifting ( probably one year) and 5 years probation (with extensive treatment). Who benefits from a life sentence besides sadistic hypocritical assholes. Drug users are persecuted enough as it is, you assholes should at least give her the benefit of the doubt instead of siding with the dicks who'd like to give you a life sentence for drug pocession.

Ive been using heroin for the last 7 years and I totally feel where she's coming sometimes ure so sick that you'll do things that are really fucked up just to get well. Im not excusing what she did but I understand it. Ive stolen shit to shit to get right just like a lot of people reading this surely have. Should I be sent to jail forever because of my crimes , I dont think so. In my opinion only murders deserve a life sentance.

Last edited:
I can't believe anyone is cool with effectively ending someones life!!! over a shoplifting incident with a sentence handed down by some uber right winged upperclass dickhole, that is completely fine with sending someone behind bars for her entire life over a fuckin victimless crime.. Save the woman, lynch the judge.

I just read the article again, it doesn't even say what her other priors are, just that she has them, just like the rest of America.. And everyones cool with locking her up for life because she's addicted to heroine and she stole a couple purses from some corporate mall franchise??... COOOLD

Why does everyone think prisons the answer. This lady is a heroin addict. Don't you think there might be some mental issues?

man is this a joke? Im told its majorly different when your no where near a good source of china white and a needle. Yeah most of USA's heroin is trash & its majorly different when you grow up near a source.
I truly can not stress the importance of showing compassion & loving others even if you judge them undeserving as you'd love yourself.

These days it has become almost accepted that making stupid fucking mistakes all the time is perfectly fine, and we've got all these support systems to basically make it impossible to starve to death or let us die from other causes.. i mean come the fuck on, these people made stupid mistake after stupid mistake, they are nothing to society, just a piece of cancer.
We have the support system to set up regulate distribution centers so these people can become functional members of society and yet they dont implement it due to way less profit then their making now. This we can attribute to capitalism.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-...ml?view=screen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman Loera reported head of the Sinaloa cartel in Mexico, ranked 701st on Forbes' yearly report of the wealthiest men alive, and worth an estimated $1 billion, today officially thanked United States politicians for making sure that drugs remain illegal. According to one of his closest confidants, he said, "I couldn't have gotten so stinking rich without George Bush, George Bush Jr., Ronald Reagan, even El Presidente Obama, none of them have the cajones to stand up to all the big money that wants to keep this stuff illegal. From the bottom of my heart, I want to say, Gracias amigos, I owe my whole empire to you."
"

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=427623 because money is being made in fines, court fee's, rehabs these people are getting fucked. In reference to the last line about cancer id like to indirectly " joe rogan. If your flying over the planet and looking at the nice green trees and blue sky and planes and shit and then you come across LA which is this huge dirty tumor disease thats killing trees and polluting water and all sorts of shit that grows and grows.. you'd want to cut it off? Its more akin to cancer then any addict will ever be. Apparently since its generating some revenue its more much more valuable then human life due to how far western society has fell into capitalism.. Addiction is much more akin to a disease then you will ever know without experiencing first hand.

i know what addiction is like, and i have to say.. no matter how addicted, you chose to start using the drug, you chose to start using it regularly, and then you chose to do crime to support that habit. No one had a gun to your head at any point did they.

damn overpriced bags

and they are not overpriced cuz ppl steal them, they are overpriced cuz idiots are willing to spend their monthly paycheck on a purse just cuz it has "Juicy Couture" written on it. That kind of shit never made much sense to me.

for life? i dont think so. she needs extra long-term rehab (at least 6 months). then maybe some jail.

im feelin mad alienation from some of you guys

wake up and smell the compassion

Last edited: