• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

HELP! Visual Snow, possible HPPD...am i screwed!?

The glare is too much, scrolling makes me lose my place, my vision is darted. I cant focus on one spot, its like a constant flickering everywhere, nothing is perfectly still. Walls and flat monochrome surfaces are very staticy. My neck is extremely tense again. Im getting tension-headache-like symptoms. Reading is so hard! The pages just flicker like a screen. trying to pay attention to a powerpoint presentation on a projection screen (at work: insurance firm in nyc) is unbearable! I also have tinnitus when it is really quiet.

Hi rollingregret,

sorry i know this post is quite old but i was just wondering did your tinnitus eventually go away?
I did around 0.5g mdma weekend binge around 2 months ago and i only developed tinnitus around a month ago. I'm really sacred that it won't ever go away. This is the second time ive done mdma. and before this i took it 7 months prior. feel like this comedown is never going to end!

I too sometimes have these floaters in my visual field, along with extremely bright lights (especially at night, when I'm nearing an intersection I'm bathing in the red or green lights, it's... marvellous...)
I don't mind it really, it even makes me smile. Even more, I had the floaters as a child and only recently rememberd that I used to play with it, like looking in a light and then at a white wall, seeing all sorts of colored spirals and dots. I think this is just another layer of reality, one with which we lose touch growing up. Sucks if it affects your daily living, though.

Hello Littlestar88

Nice one for bringing this thread back to life HPPD Derealisation is a real shock for many people as in so many cases it seems to raise its ugly head when people OD on MDMA.

In my case it was a heavy dose of MDMA mixed with BZP but my symptoms are very similiar to the ones people describe.

Couple of things reading through the various posts. I think people saying have to just 'Live with it' it not a good plan. There has to be things you can do to improve the situation. I dont buy this suggestion. I once existed without it I am sure I can get myself back to this state. Determination and sharing of information is the key!

Although there is an argument on here that HPPD Derealisation is due to hypersensitivity some say it is not. Seems strange that almost everyone on here also complains about a sensitivity to Light. In my case I am sensitive to both light and sound.

The tinitus I dont have but I am super sensitive to sound. I am also super sensitive to pretty much anything. Loud noises, someone being agressive towards me. It seems my senses are in 6th gear. Over amplified in all ways. Tinitus when I have had it after raving all night sounds to me like interference kind of 'white noise' many frequencies of sound. Is there a link that visually many of us describe a white snow all frequencies of light again a kind of interference experience. Could this be some kind sense overload?

There is a post on here that recommendss taking Benzodiapines to cure HPPD. i would strongly recommend you dont do this! Although there is some evidence to suggest a lot of HPPD can be caused by anxiety and benzos can in many cases calm anxiety they are not a long term solution and I would warn anyone against Benzos to combat any form of anxiety related issues. Trust me I have been there got hooked on them for a while as a solution and the getting off these is just simply pain I cant explain it in any other easier way.

To answer Littlestars question. Will the tinitus go away?

My sensitivity to sound started when I over did it on MDMA and BZP in September last year. Since then my sensitivity to sound has definitely reduced. Also my visual snow effect has also reduced this indicates to me that there is definitely some kind of improvement happening. I reckon if you look after yourself exercise, plenty of water, good supliments, good diet, look after yourself mentally, sleep well etc then things will improve and eventually go away. This is a bit brief but all the things people describe to get your brain back into good balance and health.

In my opinion the sensitivity to sound is caused by the nervous system being knocked out of balance. In most cases described here it comes from a large hit of MDMA or related compounds. It is likely stress and anxiety are closely linked to it. If you can tackle the stress and anxiety the HPPD will go with it.

One other thing to add is whilst suffering from tinitus wear ear protection at parties! this will help in the long term also. Also be careful with anything that puts your ears under stress aircraft, swimming, factory noise etc none of this will help tinitus sufferers.

I would really value any other comments people can add on here about this complex topic. Derealisation is not nice including tinitus, visual snow etc so anything anyone can add will benefit everyone.

be safe Littlestar88 hope the tinitus gets better for you.

Futura x

hey friends,

i just wanted to add, i got hppd many years ago when i took lsd and mushrooms over some time, after i stopped doing hallucinogenes the hppd went away after roughly one year, i just remember the less i'd care about it the better it would get.

now for the tinnitus, its really awful, i got it 1 month after i stopped mdma (4 month ago) and im in recovery from my abuse. i feel that my brain chemistry is still awfully unbalanced and the tinnitus is a sign amongst others that my body is working on fixing it.

like my brain is saying, you have to endure this until i get some things straightened out up here. people under a lot of stress do get tinnitus also.

brains do not heal quickly, so you have to be patient and try not to focus on it.

If you are skipping exercise, it will take longer, when i work out really hard my tinnitus sometimes is gone for about 2-3 hours after that.

oh, and if you smoke weed, quit it, definitely doesn't help.

best of luck to you ! :)

Last edited:
Hi Futura and Cope,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. It's been absolute hell these past few months. I don't have a big history of drug abuse. I used to smoke weed occasionally in 2008 - 09 and i've done mdma less than a handful of times all spaced way more than 3 months apart (3 times, with a 7-8 month gap). I also have done a minuscule line of coke about 3 times in my life, once a year i think, very small amount that didn't really effect me......I used to drink alcohol so i presume that's taken a toll on the body too but ever since i took mdma 2 months ago i haven't taken a sip at all. but i must admit i made the biggest mistake of having mixed alcohol with mdma.

I feel like im developing more symptoms rather than getting any better - similar to Cope i developed tinnitus a month after i took mdma, but when i move my head left to right and push my jaw out and one of the sounds gets louder so i dont know if it's tmj related - which makes me think it'll never go away :'( - and about a few weeks ago i only began noticing static in the dark and floaters which seem to be increasing. i even think my tinnitus is getting louder and i don't know what to do.

ive been going to the gym, but pacing myself slowly as i suffer from urtecaria (break out into hives and pass out when i over exert myself) - i hate myself for doing this to my body and i can't understand why im the only one suffering, my mates did way more than me and are as fit as a fiddle! sorry for jumping on the pity bus, but i'm so scared that as the symptoms are getting worse, they will never get better and im worried i may develop even worse hppd symptoms as the months go on.

I just want to go back to being the old me and i fear that that will never happen. :( - I've been trying to do relaxing things and distract myelf which helps and makes me feel normal for a few hours but everytime i wake up to ringing ears and floaters i get so upset and feel like i'm stuck in this rut forever.

also Cope, hows your tinnitus now? did it get worse at one point and then better? also when you move your head from side to side or move your jaw forward does it get louder? did you get occasional ear aches that come in and out?

Futura, that's funny because the first week i was sensitive to bright lights, and i'm still quite sensitive to sounds but i dont know if im getting used to it or its getting better...i used to notice when cars or buses would break the screech sound was awful! - i really hope this goes away - do you think its normal to develop symptoms way after mdma abuse and recover (sorry i have no clue about drugs, which makes me feel even more stupid for taking it in the first place)

Do you guys think i can ever get back to normal with no tinnitus and no floaters? I feel like its too late and the damage ive done to my body can never be fixed :( Also with my this, i have constant head pressure, brain zaps (which i think is improving as im still able to sleep), muscle tension around the jaw area and sinus pressure.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. honestly i feel so alone as nobody around me understands so its truly appreciated.

littlestar x

Hello Littlestar

Dont worry you are not alone theres a lot of us on here with similiar experiences and trust me you will get through it. It is really important you have to beleive this as the cause of your problem is from a psycho active drug and much of your problem stems from the mind. If the mind does not beleive then you wont get better.

It sounds a really weird concept but is so true. This point to beleive in your recovery is really important.

I have got over one of these long term comedowns once and I beleive I can do it again. You can do it too.

Since September last year my sensitivity to sound has diminished slightly including the sensitivity to light it is a very slow process but it appears that it is fixing itself. Also if I really sit in silence and listen I too have very slight tinitus I dont think the tinitus is as bad as what you have but it is there. The point is I truly beleive what we have is very similiar and if my symptoms are reducing yours will too.

I dont think you have made a big mistake by mixing alcohol with MDMA clearly it is not advised but you shouldnt punish yourself over this. I have been taking MDMA for 18 years and taken loads more than you. I have mixed the alcohol many times with MDMA. Its not the best of plans to create this mix but I genuinely dont think it is the cause of your long come down.

I dont think the few lines of coke you have taken will have made any difference to this situation either. I dont think smoking a bit of weed will also have made any difference. Immediately write off the alcohol, coke, weed its not the issue here I promise.

Looking over what you have said only taken MDMA twice the second dose being the one that caused you the problems. I suspect the dose is the key 500mG. Its not a ridiculous amount to take but out of everything you say is likely the cause of your problems. There is a chance the MDMA could have been adulterated but unlikely. 500mG of pure MDMA is a hefty dose and most of us on here agree that 200mG in one session should be the limit for a sensible and safe as possible role.

What did the MDMA look like was it light brown, crysytaline, liquorice smell, did you get it from a good supplier? How do you know you actually took 500mG did you split a 1G wrap? Are you confident it was MDMA? Did you take anything else at the same time?

What is your age? What is your weight build etc?

I have briefly looked into your TMJ concept. It is clear that if you move your jaw, eyes, neck etc it can easily modulate tinitus. I dont think there is anything unusual from this. Read this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2633109/

I genuinely beleive you DO NOT have a TMJ disorder.

I think your tinitus is caused by your nervous system being out of whack from the MDMA and needs more time to settle down. There are many users on here with very similiar symptoms.

Are you suffering from ANXIETY, PARANOIA, INSOMNIA?

These are all text book classics from MDMA OD and these symptoms could certainly lead to all the symptoms you describe.

The head pressure, brain zaps, muscle tension, jaw tension are also classic MDMA related issues and all of them will go over time.

It also normal that your HPPD, tinitus was not immediate. This was the same for me. I think a lot of it comes from anxiety. I am interested to know if you are experiencing any anxious symptoms it sounds like you are. Is your pulse racing do you have difficulty sleeping?

"Do you guys think i can ever get back to normal with no tinnitus and no floaters? "

YES YES YES. There is no doubt in my mind. Beleive this it is really important for your recovery.

"I just want to go back to being the old me and i fear that that will never happen."

It will happen just hang in there. Its fucking horrible we know where you are. Your brain needs time to heal.

You will recover, to be sure it doesnt happen again dont do drugs again and you can put all this behind you.

are you taking medication? are you taking suppliments?

Are you taking medication for your urtecaria?

Try and exercise as much as you can. Try and fight the fatigue.

I also recommend you look up posts from "First Bad Comedown" someone on here who I really rate in terms of opinion and information. Read through his posts you will find the experience of reading them imformative and will give you some confidence in what you are going through.

To quote cope above:

"brains do not heal quickly, so you have to be patient and try not to focus on it.

That is pretty much everything in summary. Two months in terms of recovery time is still a small amount of time. Hang in there.

Feel free to come on here anytime if you need support.

Take care. Be Positive.

Futura x

The key is to not let it effect you.

I've had colourful visual snow (especially in the dark) and tinnitus pretty much my whole life so I guess I'm used to it, but instead of hoping for it to get better just learn to live with it and accept it. Stop thinking about whether it's HPPD or if something is wrong with you. Overthinking it like you are at the moment will just cause anxiety, which is probably more of a problem than the actual symptoms.

Hello Chesh

Yes good point you make. Worrying about for sure wont help but in many cases easier said than done ;-)

Just out of interest how did this happen to you?

Was it drug triggered? If so what sort of dose. What were the circumstances? How long have you had it for?

It seems LSD is the major cause of snow and tinitus. There is talk in the earlier part of this post of a medication that can help HPPD and snow. had any experience of this medication?

Futura

hey littlestar,

to answer your questions, no the tinnitus didn't get any worse and my ears do not ache.

you're right, it's most disturbing when waking up.

and yes, i just discovered this due to your post, when i move my jaw forward it gets louder for a couple of seconds, that's really strange i have to admit. i will ask my gp what to make of this.

my only two brain zaps i experienced where 3 weeks after i stopped mdma, from all the reading i have done on bluelight they will go away eventually.

as i said before, try to think that all your symptoms are a sign of your body trying to fix it. it just needs time like a broken bone.

try to look forward to the time when this is over, do your self something good, turn on your favorite music, draw something, write down your thoughts, cry if you feel like it, its a great relief :)

as hard as it is, try to get out of the worrying thought loops.

you will make it, i am sure !

:)

ps: futura, i appreciate your positive attitude, well written posts !

plus i have to agree, i think "First Bad Comedown"s posts are very valuable to people like us, i enjoyed reading every single one of them.

Last edited:
Hello Chesh

Yes good point you make. Worrying about for sure wont help but in many cases easier said than done ;-)

Just out of interest how did this happen to you?

Was it drug triggered? If so what sort of dose. What were the circumstances? How long have you had it for?

It seems LSD is the major cause of snow and tinitus. There is talk in the earlier part of this post of a medication that can help HPPD and snow. had any experience of this medication?

Futura

Literally had it my whole life mate. Since I was a wee baby. The 'snow' has probably been made slightly worse be weed + MDMA but it seems to have stopped increasing now. It provides entertainment in the dark or against white backgrounds tbh. I also have ghosting of images in my right eye. None of this bothers me anymore because I just learnt to live with it, but like I said I've had it my whole life so it's been easy for me to get used to it. I think I only had a period of about a week where I worried about the visual snow, then I decided that it doesn't actually impact my life in any way and I was just worrying for the sake of it.

To help with anxiety I'd suggest meditation, do some reading up on it. Works wonders.

Hello Chesh

Wow that must have been quite a life experience for you.

Did you ever visit a doctor and they came up with an explaination or cause of it? Clearly must be some kind of interference of the visual cortex but the cause would be an interesting thing to know.

Interesting to hear when you messed with weed and MDMA it made it worse.

The meds mentioned were earlier in this post

"Apparently theres quite a few people who can get HPPD from MDMA. Alot of people have success with keppra and other anticonvulstant drugs in treating HPPD. Some even have full recovery. I've yet to begin my trial with keppra but i intend to very soon. "

They mention Keppra / Levetiracetam. Have you ever tried this? I note with interest it has a very similiar molecular structure to Piracetam which is mentioned a lot on here for helping with anxiety and other MDMA comedown related problems.

Cheers for the input.

Futura

@Futura – thanks future for getting back to me so quickly.

I had one crystal that was light brown in colour i think and the rest were little bombs. it was a mates mate, so i don't know how reliable. I just guessed 0.5 grams as my friend got 3 grams and split it by 5 people but i took the least in comparison to everyone else. My mates pretty much had most of it. also i didn't line my stomach with much food and apart from alcohol i didn't take anything else.

Im also 24, 5ft 2 and weigh 8st, petit frame – im the smallest of all my mates too.

I used to take antihistamines for my urtecaria but stopped years ago as it did nothing for me. I just avoided places and things which would make me hot to stop me from breaking out.

I take omega 3 everyday, ive cut back on the magnesium supplements to once a week now that my brain zaps have settled and i am able to sleep. Im also eating more vegis and fruits and fish especially samon. Im going to buy some vitamin b’s and C’s tomorrow.

I went to the dentist who said i have tmj and have been referred to another doctor (but he just touched the sides of my cheek and diagnosed me) – im really hoping my tmj is not the cause of the tinnitus – because i believe if it is related to mdma it will eventually go away. But the reason i think it could be tmj related is because i used to get fullness in the ears with occasional ear aches which i haven’t had for a while.

No this is what worries me, i don’t feel paranoid, i get a good amount of sleep (sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night but i fall asleep soon after) – but i wake up upset because of the tinnitus and floaters which makes me scared and worried that this is permanent. I’m also able to eat which doesn’t change my moods too. Usually when i come back home after work im in better spirits especially on the Friday. I always manage to get sleep peacefully its just when i wake up, i cry sometimes because i dread the tinnitus and floaters – is this anxiety?

For a month and a half i had this weird vibration feeling under my nose every time i would fall asleep and it feel like electric wires were also loose under my teeth – that’s pretty much gone now and im only left with the horrid sinus pressure at night with a tight muscle feeling under my teeth – is this part of a brain zap too? Just out of curiosity.
Oh i’ve already started following FBC, he’s great, i’m new to bluelight, but he’s already provided me with reassurance like yourself and Cope. It’s just the tinnitus that scares me the most because i can’t find many posts on it and mdma and if it disappeared.

@Cope – thanks cope, i’ll try and keep my head up. I guess every tinnitus is different – mines just freaks me out because i hear multiple sounds at the same time with my right ear ringing and my left ear hissing. And sometimes another sound will jump in there too.

@chesh – thanks chesh, i’ll try and ignore it – i just can’t help but think this would have been avoided if i didn’t dable in drugs – that’s what makes me so angry and upset. I’m trying not to regret my actions as theres nothing i can do about it, but i still can’t help but hate myself.

littlestar x

Hello Littlestar

You say mates and not buddies so im guessing your from Uk not USA.

On this basis your in UK (ie MDMA is usually better here) plus your description I reckon the MDMA you had was pure. I am still convinced the alcohol had no influence on this situation. Your dose estimation sounds about correct. Sorry not getting personal but whats your weight? this is also relevant as you can work out your dose per kilo. It equates dose to body mass.

We know you have only taken MDMA once before, we know you took MDMA not something adulterated, we know you took a high dose particularly for your body mass. On this basis there is definitely a high chance you have knocked your brain temporarily out of whack and this likely explains the symptoms you are experiencing.

On the basis it was years ago the urtecaria medication is not relevant.

I am 100% sure the previous weed and coke you took is of no relevance.

Suppliments you are taking are good. The salmon is good. I also recommend Krill Oil Capsules also I eat the herring in jars that you get from Ikea for lunch (not to everyones liking). Any fish oil in your diet is really good for brain repair. I also recomend you drink plenty of water.

Interesting diagnostic technique from the doctor. I cannot comment on how accurate this is as I dont know a lot about this topic. A second opinion might not be a bad plan.

What happened after the MDMA. Was it like you woke up the next day and had brain zaps, tension etc. Did you feel unsettled kind of on a permanent come down? Or was this a case of the tinatus and all problems starting one month later?

Sounds to me like you are anxious about your condition but dont have anxiety as a condition. I personally have General Anxiety Disorder and trust me you would know if you had it. The easiest way to explain it is like if you can imagine the extremes of Fear, Uncertainty, Paranoia, Unsettled, Depressed its like all those emotions mixed into one and you feel like this 24/7 its not nice. I guess the closest you might have been is like say the Wednesday after taking MDMA when you feel really low its like that everyday. That said I dont think you have anxiety the give away is you can sleep well.

There are definitely similarities to the symptoms of TMJ and MDMA OD. I also notice reading a bit more about it that you can get sensitive to light as well. Was it like you took MDMA, came down everything was fine then one month later these symptoms started or was it a case of took MDMA next day didnt feel right and things went from there?

Heres a couple of self tests I found: (might be one up on the doc LOL)

If you suspect a TMJ problem due to some of the above symptoms, you can perform a few self-tests to help verify your diagnosis.
Temple muscles

Feel your temples and then clench your jaw. You'll feel a muscle tense up under your fingers at the temples. Relax your jaw and press on that area. If you feel pain or tenderness, it indicates that you are tensing your jaw too much and the muscles are tender. This could result in TMJ problems.

Fingers in ears

Another test is to put the ends of your little fingers into your ears and press them forward, toward the front of the ear. Open and close your mouth several times. If you feel the head of your jawbone pushing against your fingers or feel a clicking, you could have the TMJ disorder.

Chesh is right. Whilst its there you have to do your best to ignore it but I think trying to figure out if MDMA or TMJ is to blame at least then you know where you stand.

On a final note dont punish yourself too much for taking drugs. taking MDMA twice, a bit of coke and weed compared to some of us is not bad at all. You have just been unlucky. Arguebly you took a bit of a high dose of MDMA but again we have all done it. I have sometimes been at festivals and taken over 15 pills over a weekend. Dont hate yourself I think its great you have spoken out on here.

Keep us posted

Futura

Hey this thread is exactly what I was looking for. Ok so I took MDMA (pure from Netherlands) twice only. The 2nd time was last week and it was an eyeballed (high than expected dose) which got me into a delusive state and floored moaning constantly of pleasure, rubbing myself on anything etc. you know what I mean. Well, I was in a park and I saw a kid on a swing past 3am, he was very dark and I didn't bother going near him in fear to scare him... but he never moved and was very dark, I don't remember seeing him on my come up and in the middle of my roll he was just gone. I think it was a full blown hallucination... is that common with heavy MDMA dose? I did about 170mg and I'm very light weight (105lbs).

Now another thing, I started to comedown as normal 3 hours after I peaked and on my comedown I always see street and car lights like this :

fck_up_lights2e.png

Now thing is... it's been 1 week since I rolled and I STILL see the street lamps and car lights that way, I'm gettting concerned that I will see like this for the rest of my life, I really hope it is just a harsh comedown (I only felt 'off' and 'down' with a terrible sore jaw because I forgot to chew on something) the day after I was fine and in much better mood.

Is this a sign of a mild HPPD or is it just a long lasting comedown ? The other time I rolled on the same MD my comedown lasted 12 hours only on about a 125mg dose and I was seeing normal in the dark 24hours after.

Hello Hapomen

Wow sounds like quite an experience! Personally I have never had a full blown hallucination like the one you describe from MDMA. Also 170mG isnt such a massive dose. I am surprised to hear you reacted in this way but everyone is different so it is certainly possible. I wonder if anyone else on here has had similiar reactions from doses of this size.

What you describe with the lights does seems like a mild form of HPPD but from the dose you describe hopefully it is short lived. Please keep us posted how things pan out.

At least you had this exact mdma before and all comedown symptoms passed soon after so unlikely adulterated batch. Thats a plus.

Wow rolling around on the floor in a delusive state rubbing yourself on anything, moaning constantly of pleasure, seeing what was in the pic sounds like you had quite a trip!

Let us know how you get on

Futura

Hello Hapomen

Wow sounds like quite an experience! Personally I have never had a full blown hallucination like the one you describe from MDMA. Also 170mG isnt such a massive dose. I am surprised to hear you reacted in this way but everyone is different so it is certainly possible. I wonder if anyone else on here has had similiar reactions from doses of this size.

What you describe with the lights does seems like a mild form of HPPD but from the dose you describe hopefully it is short lived. Please keep us posted how things pan out.

At least you had this exact mdma before and all comedown symptoms passed soon after so unlikely adulterated batch. Thats a plus.

Wow rolling around on the floor in a delusive state rubbing yourself on anything, moaning constantly of pleasure, seeing what was in the pic sounds like you had quite a trip!

Let us know how you get on

Futura

Thanks for replying!

Yes it was quite honestly an interesting experience (A little too intense for my liking)... note though I wasn't floored on the grass during my whole peak, I got floored for about half an hour (possibly due to inhaling a lot of Vicks which potentates the roll). The delusive state came on after I got up from the ground and I literally just started to make circles around the park fountain, moaning and walking very unbalanced/dizzy. I wasn't on the floor for 3 hours, so I think my reaction considering my dosage, my lack of tolerance and my light weight was pretty reasonable and normal to say the least.

I will keep you guys updated, but I'm pretty confident my visuals will disappear, I do check each night my neighbors outdoor lights (from across the street) and my Internet router lights (from a few feet away) and again this night, I still see the lights as in the picture for both.

As for the hallucination... I seriously still don't know if it was real or not, I mean who would let out an 8 year old kid on a swing at past 3 in the morning in a big city?

I never did psychedelics but I guess I'm very sensitive to developing HPPD if MDMA (which is just a mild psychedelic, and much more an entactogen) affects me this way. I can also add that the very first time I rolled on this same batch, I hallucinated about 5-6 objects (ranging from parking pay station, car seats, to construction barriers) being humans on my comedown while I was walking back home (Note though I was very tired as well, so it might have enhanced that state of mind which I was already sensitive too).

Hello Hapomen

mmm on second thoughts this does not sound like MDMA to me.

I would advise if you have any more of this stuff left ditch it. Sounds like some kind of research chemical. But I am only guessing. I have never heard of MDMA causing hallucinations like this particularly if you also got vivid hallucination the first time you took it.

What did the powder look like? Did it have a liquorice / aniceed smell? Was it crystaline or powder? What colour was it? Did any of your other friends react in a similiar way?

Regardless of what you have taken and how you have reacted I am sorry to hear you are suffering from HPPD and with a bit of time it should disappear.

If you can stay off the drugs, eat well, exercise, hit some advised suppliments and everything over time should fix.

Get well soon :)

Good Luck

Futura

I can also add that the very first time I rolled on this same batch, I hallucinated about 5-6 objects (ranging from parking pay station, car seats, to construction barriers) being humans on my comedown while I was walking back home (Note though I was very tired as well, so it might have enhanced that state of mind which I was already sensitive too).

classic MDMA hallucinations haha, they're always good fun.

What happened after the MDMA. Was it like you woke up the next day and had brain zaps, tension etc. Did you feel unsettled kind of on a permanent come down? Or was this a case of the tinatus and all problems starting one month later?

There are definitely similarities to the symptoms of TMJ and MDMA OD. I also notice reading a bit more about it that you can get sensitive to light as well. Was it like you took MDMA, came down everything was fine then one month later these symptoms started or was it a case of took MDMA next day didnt feel right and things went from there?

Hi Futura,

Thanks for being so kind. Honestly this really has got to me and i just want to cry.

Actually the day after i did MDMA, i had this bad reaction my lips started to swell up but i thought that was because i was chewing on my lips and some dirt got in it. i had to take antihistamines for a few days to reduce the swelling. then when the swelling went down, the second day i was just tired. in that first week my eyes couldn't focus on anything, i couldn't eat, (lost half a stone in the first 2 weeks) the computer screen was too bright along with other things, i felt nauseous and the sinus pressure started with a weird vibration feeling under my nose and teeth and roof of my mouth. i also suffered from anxiety the end of the week which subsided. i also had this weird tingling feeling in my teeth and i thought that meant that would be the end of the comedown.

the second week i felt things were improving and all of a sudden i began to get brain zaps at the end of the second week and things just went downhill from then on; after 2 weeks the zaps subsided along with a constant inner tremor, then it all started again after a few weeks along with the tinnitus. I also had muscle tension on my neck and face and jaw area. sometimes it felt like my cheeks would turn into stone - they felt that hard. But i think i was sensitive to sound before i got the tinnitus but it's not so bad now - not sure if ive adapted to the sensitive sound of if my brain is making improvements.

Ive now had the tinnitus for a month. I don't know if i had static vision all this time but am only noticing now along with the floaters. But it's getting really bad. Rather than getting better i feel like im getting worse. my brain zaps have subsided slightly but i have no idea if they are going to return again. :'(

I weight 112 pounds now but when i did mdma i weighed 124 ibs.

does everything i told you sound strange - it's like i had a instant comedown than a break of thinking i may return back to normal and then everything going downhill from there. i just want the tinnitus to go - and i really hope things don't get any worse.

Hello Littlestar

It really sounds to me like you are just having a long term comedown. You dont have an anxiety disorder but you are clearly suffering from anxious thoughts relating to your symptoms.

Weight wise you are approx 51kg. So you have taken a dose of 9.8mG / Kg. Confirms a high dose. That could easily trigger the symptoms you describe.

In my opinion I think the tinitus has been caused by the MDMA not TMJ. I am no doctor so be aware of this but I have read many posts on here where people complain of tinitus after taking too much MDMA. One thing for sure the MDMA certainly gave you some nasty after effects and it is very likely the tinitus is linked.

When I recovered from a long term come down two years ago symptoms do go up and down a bit before recovery so again nothing you have described sounds unusual. If I were to guess your going to fall into the 6 month recovery period. This is how long it took me to recover last time and for some reason many people report recovery of long term comedowns after 6 months. I have no idea why this is the case.

You could try some Piracetam.

Try and stay away from loud sound for now or anything that will put your ears under stress.

Try and be confident this is just a temporary thing and will go away. Its just going to take some time.

Just so you know I have a weird feeling in my teeth also. Its something linked to the MDMA comedown. I have heard others talk about it as well.

Feel free to page me if you just need some support.

Take care

Futura