• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

HELP! Visual Snow, possible HPPD...am i screwed!?

I'm a hundred percent sure I've gotten hppd from my ecstasy and mdma abuse this last year. I'd like to know if anyone else is like this, but I actually enjoy it haha. It seems as though my vision is in high definition. I can see every little thing. Also things that aren't bright are bright and if it's bright it's brighter. Win win for me

I noticed that when I put on my contact lenses, I don't see lights all weird shapped, they only seem much more brigther then normal at night. I also noticed when I'm out at night, I still mistake objects being humans, like a parking pay box being a white shirt black human standing there still not moving at passed midnight. But I know it's not real but so easy to stare at and get distracted by. Heck, sometimes when I wake up I think my windows curtains are a side viewed female face. It's been a month since my last MD use, which was pretty intense floory feeling.

I also wanna add these happen usually when I'm in a tired state of mind. But I can't recall these happening before using MDMA.

sometimes i think i am depressed and have a loss of motivation due to MDA. However i am just not sure..

Sometimes its hard to figure out as I found the negatives of MDMA crept up on me very very slowly. 18 years to be precise.

You can figure out a fair bit by looking at how much you have abused MD** previous. Particularly when you have had sessions involving multiple days and high doses.

Those were the ones that I recall being the worse for me. I could always tell a hard session when I got a metalic taste in my mouth and come down would last 7 days or so.

Polydrug use didnt help either and I found once I got into MD** I got into other stuff also. Coke and weed inparticular.

How you became depressed and unmotivated will always have an element of speculation involved but for sure MD** wont have helped you.

Thats the worsed thing about MDMA if you get one of these awful long term comedowns 9/10 one of the syptoms is appathy. You just dont want to do anything. I guess its a reaction to being brain dead. I dont really know exactly what causes the apathy from MDMA but its a horrible feeling for sure.

i havea long term comedown from ectasy use, that maked me feel terrible anxierty till today (more decreased, im actually on treatment) and that anxiety make me feel some kind of bruxism that cause me jaw pain ciclicly..(it comes and goes), that kind of jaw pain hehe :)

@Derok - sorry for the late reply - i've been hiding away from bluelight during my recovery months - my jaw problem is still there but not so bad so im hoping it will go away - i really suffer from sinus pressure which makes the muscles around my jaw feel tight. the tightness on my neck is almost non existent, but i still have this elastic tight feeling at the back of my teeth, worse at night (i really hope it will go away - does anybody know if this feeling is normal?). I actually went to see a maxofacial surgeon some time back and he said i definitely don't have tmj - which was a relief.

Sometimes its hard to figure out as I found the negatives of MDMA crept up on me very very slowly. 18 years to be precise.

@futura - Hi futura, sorry again for the late reply. I was wonder if you could advise? 6 months on i still have Tinnitus, head pressure centralised from the sinus area, eye floaters and occasional vibration feeling in face that happens mainly when i lie down. i haven't taken a sip of any alcahol, nor have i smoked. Ive changed my diet though i do treat myself to the occasional crisp and dark chocolate here and there. excluding the last few weeks where ive been going to the gym on and off, ive been going everyday doing at least 30-40 mins of exercise - 10 mins on cross trainer, 10 mins on bike, 10 mins jogging, 5 mins light weights. i take 3 tbl spoons of omega 3 oil, 10 drops of b-12 vitamins, 1000mg vitamin c, 20mg zinc daily.

im concerned the tinnitus and eye floaters will no abate as i don't feel any anxiety - just sadness and a bit of resent that this is all self inflicted. I also got occasional stabbing ear pain and teeth pain which stopped me from going to the gym for a few weeks as the pain was awful every time i exercised. am i doing something wrong? the eye floaters are there all the time, they just wont go away and the tinitus is not linear - one minute loud next minute not so loud. could you please give some tips or advise? i even purchased one of those acupressure mats in the hope that that will help too.

Last edited:
Hey first bad comedown,
I know this is a long shot because this thread is from 2012 but where did you read about the woman with HPPD that saw spiders?? I see transparent spiders all the time and I'm no longer really bothered by it but it's part of my HPPD (I've had it for over 2 years) and I've never found someone with a similar experience