View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! - Apparent spiritual posession/negative entities while tripping

light11

Greenlighter
Hi, where can I start. I'm fairly new to psychedelics starting about a year and a half ago while smoking weed regularly for about 3. Although I would say I have experienced a great deal more than *most* people in this amount of time, I've probably done lsd 25 times and shrooms 5 times. On my third trip ever, my first time tripping alone, I experienced what most people would describe as ego-death followed by the awakening of the pineal gland, and an extremely strong connection to the flow of the universe around me that I then knew was God that is in me as well as every other living thing in the universe. Up until that point I had believed that there might be a God but I was very skeptic. That day was the happiest day of my life and nothing anyone could ever do or say will change my beliefs, my faith will forever remain unwavering. After that day I feel like whenever I trip I become more in touch with my inner-self, almost like my higher self takes over my consciousness for the time being. I also feel that I have the ability to peer into peoples souls by staring into their eyes, I can feel more connected with them and their thoughts as well. Since then I've had even more powerful spiritual experiences, where about 4 times now, through meditation at the peak of my trips I've been able to travel to a Higher power and essentially experience rebirth. Each time I've blacked out and had a profound spiritual epiphany, coming back to my body with this surge of tingling energy that grows and grows. It's a feeling of unmatchable euphoria that can only be attributed to the Creator. I've also taught my best friend how to replicate this process (though only once) and since that day the spirit of God has awoken inside of him and has changed his life for the better as well. I know that a lot of you are probably going to read this story and say it's bull shit, and that my own mind is creating this hallucinations. To those people I would say don't even bother, at this point there is nothing that will convince me otherwise.

When I was close to my peak on one of my trips, something told me to go in the bathroom and when I did and looked into the mirror I instantly became filled with this inner peace and happiness that only made me practice some of my yoga poses while smiling at myself in the mirror. Then, for whatever reason, I filled up the tub, turned the lights off, turned my headphones on and just laid there. My oev's eventually began to spiral in front of me to the point where I felt like I was moving through tunnels of space. I then blacked out to what I later calculated to be 5-10 mins, but during this moment time ceased to exist - it felt like an eternity.

So this is where things get pretty weird. I will say that I go to raves almost every weekend as well as various festivals. Most of my friends take MDMA and although I do enjoy it, I try not to fuck with it that much. I feel that my drug of choice to have the best time at these shows is and always will be psychedelics. At one festival I took 5 tabs and ~2g of truffles, and after a couple hours I felt it coming on extremely heavy. My visuals were cascading so heavily that I couldn't see directly in front of me, I couldn't tell right from left, and people that were talking to me sounded like they were in another room so far away. I decided I needed to go outside and have some time to relax until I was done coming up. My friend followed me out (he was also tripping, only his 2nd time) and he wouldn't stop talking and distracting me so I nicely asked him to just shut up for a few minutes. He did and before long as I stared up at the stars I could feel my third eye being aligned with them, until I eventually blacked out and came back with such an intense warm tingling euphoria radiating throughout my body that all I could do was yell "holy shit! holllyyyyy shittt! HOLYYY SHIT!" My friend who was sitting next to me for the whole thing just goes "dude wtf was that you just went like super saiyan on me. It's so hot right next to your hands, you're like radiating heat.." (On a chilly october night ) As we passed by people in the dark wood paths I could hear them say things like "wtf that kid is glowing right now, that should not be happening." At that point I was more than ready to go back into the pavilion and dance. Upon returning I noticed that across the room there was something I couldn't keep my eye off of. It was a skinny homosexual man with his shirt off dancing with a couple of his buddies, his makeup and costume even seemed like he was trying to dress like the devil, but inside I could see demonic features, horns, and aura. It was undeniably something evil that was latched to his soul and forcing their bidding upon him, and although I wasn't scared it certainly made me curious because I'd never seen anything like it. Throughout that night I would see 4-5 more of them (though none of them with such distinct and powerful features as the first one). As I passed by them in the crowd if I made direct eye contact with one of them I could see dark pits in their eyes as flames flashed around them.

About a month later I tripped before going to a show, and after about an hour of mediation with music and eyes closed while my friends got ready, I seemed to reach the end of this perfectly symmetrical series of different colored tunnels. There were millions of tiny DNA structures (classic double helix molecules) that all flocked and melded together to form a motherly/female figure, which stretched her arm out to me and eventually touched me with her finger. As soon as this happened I felt that same spiritual epiphany and surge of holy energy, immediately opened my eyes and jumped up saying "Alright! Let's go! We gotta go right now!" We got to the show and after a few hours a man standing about 8 ft. to my left snapped his head directly at me, shouted a couple syllable phrase in a language that was definitely not English nor any foreign language I'm familiar with (the closest thing I could relate it to is Latin), and then snapped his head back towards the stage. Naturally, this kind of spooked the shit out of me so I dipped out and back into the bathroom. I came back to the stage about 10 minutes later on the opposite side of the venue and all seemed well for about 30 minutes. I was dancing and hanging around with these four people I had just met, two guys and two girls, who I assumed were couples. However there was one small really cute blonde girl that seemed like she was trying to dance with me, and it even felt like the guy was trying to pawn her off on me. It was an extremely awkward situation but for some reason I eventually gave in and when she moved closer my hand grazed her hip. Practically immediately following that the four of them turned away from the stage and towards me, all joined hands and circled up, and started to chant something one at a time. I could see a presence move through them as each one completed their turn, and by the time the 2nd person in line had finished what they were doing I knew they wanted me to join in and that this had to be some sort of black magic, I just yelled "NOPE! Nope fuck no nope nope" and quickly turned and walked away. I was worried for days that whatever they were trying to do may have had an impact on me and that I may have been tainted, or that I could just be losing my fucking mind.

Not long after this show I met a girl who I quickly fell in love with. The 2nd time we hung out we both tripped before going to a show together, and although this time was pretty normal, it happened again. We got back to the house just me her and our mutual friend, and after smoking I could feel my trip come back on pretty strong. She was hula hooping in the living room and when I stared into her eyes I could see that there was something else in there, and it could tell that I was watching it. When she realized I wasn't looking at the hoop and was instead staring at her eyes, she gave this really timid triple-take glance at me. Great, now I'm paranoid that this girl I just met could want something besides love from me and am scared I really am losing my mind. I didn't see any similar symptoms in our mutual friend, so I went to the bathroom for a while to gather myself and tried to ignore it for the rest of the night.

About a month later myself, my girlfriend, and my two friends were going to a festival and we all tripped before going. It was pretty intense and upon arriving we got split up from my one friend (that I had mentioned teaching the meditation process to earlier) and I instantly had an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. We waited around the bottom floor in the back for him where I saw many evil spirits inside of a lot of the people around me, and they were all attracted to me, swarming around me and passing by in front of and behind me nonstop. I knew that my friend would be able to see the same things I was seeing and he hadn't ever tripped in an environment like this before, making it pretty damn intimidating. Turns out he was frantically looking for me and eventually turned to our other friend and said "help... I don't know what's real or not anymore." He freaked out and got up on stage, then ran outside taking his clothes off and yelling about God, where he was taken to a hospital. I had to eventually remove myself from that environment because the negative energy was so heavy, so I went to the bathroom and came back 20 minutes later where I met my girlfriend and her two friends. I could see the evil inside of them as well, it was apparent that they were apart of this huge occult of evil and that through deception they were trying to get me involved. Eventually I could feel her two friend behind me and they were slowly approaching closer, I didn't know what they wanted from me but all I knew is if I let them complete whatever ritual they were trying to accomplish it would be the end of my good standing with God. When they got close enough something instinctually bursted out of me and I jumped up and turned around, holding my thumb index and middle finger up in front of my chest, and I could feel an incredible shield of light energy radiating outwards from my forehead directly in front of me. This scared the shit out of them and made them jump back, to which I could only laugh at. My laugher definitely seemed to anger them. We went to the upper level after another half hour and that was the last of my encounters for that night.
I was still unsure of what to think but summoning that Christ energy and watching them back off in fear was a good indication to me.

I went to another show about a month ago, and this would be the worst I've ever experienced. I was candy flipping, and although I only took one tab it was pretty potent and I began tripping a lot harder than I expected. This time I could see the demons inside people even when they weren’t facing me, with a black and red aura radiating from inside and red flashes where their eyes would be. My girlfriend was just rolling that night, and as soon as she left our back wall to go to the bathroom there were three demons that took her spot in front of me. I knew what was up immediately and tried to shoo them away (probably not my best idea lol) indicating that I knew what they were up to and wouldn't have any part in it. But that didn't work, nothing worked. I couldn't escape them for the life of me, and there were literally hundreds of them. If I would dip and try to sneak away from one group of them, and another group would start following me. It was one of the most traumatizing, ridiculous, and frustrating experiences of my entire life. To the point where I couldn't even go outside or stand in the same spot for more than a few minutes. I tried standing near the middle of the crowd because I figured that'd be the last place they'd want to be, and I was right, however I didn't see a few of them that had followed behind and to the left of me due to how tightly packed it was. One girl tried to get me to put refraction glasses on, and even though I hate them I agreed for some reason. Not long after that I began to feel extremely light headed and sick, I gave back the glasses and ran to the bathroom but didn't make it and puked halfway through the crowd. It felt like I was being attacked psychically and it made me sick to my stomach. Nothing I did could help besides holding my hand in front of my chest like I mentioned before, that seemed to ward them off momentarily but we eventually left an hour and a half early. I couldn't explain to anyone what was happening, they wouldn't understand and would just attribute my weird behavior and sickness to the drugs (which is technically correct but it was much more involved). I decided right then and there that this would be the last show I'd ever trip at again.

Since then I've only tripped twice, both times just my girlfriend and I. The first of the two, we were both laying in bed after hanging out with a few friends for a couple hours. I was staring up at the ceiling as it looked like it had been replaced by waves of gas and liquid. The next thing I knew I had turned towards her without much thought involved, and I had snapped out of my senses only to come back realizing that she was facing me and looking me dead in the eyes with her lips moving fairly rapidly, saying or chanting/reciting something though I couldn’t hear or make out what it was. I jumped back pretty startled and what I just saw and she instantly had this “oh shit, he caught me” sort of look in her eyes. I had no idea what to think of it, but I knew it was no good. I walked in the other room and all of my thoughts and signals I was getting from her and God both were telling me that there was something evil attached to her soul, and it wanted me. I told her what I saw and what I thought was going on and she called me crazy and started to act scared. Either she was fully aware and was playing stupid or she really was clueless as to what was going on. I really needed help and didn’t know what to do, and literally the moment I prayed for help my best friend called (the same one I mentioned earlier who freaked out at the show). I told him the situation and asked if he could come over, though I could tell he was pretty drunk. He promised he would try and just told me to remove myself from the situation for a little while. I did, and after a few hours of meditating on the situation in the other room I realized he probably wasn’t coming so I went back into her room and we went to sleep (the trip was pretty much over at that point).

A few days ago was the last time I will ever trip with her alone until this problem is resolved. We both took a fairly heavy dose of shrooms and it felt even heavier than I expected. We hiked in the woods for a few hours and laid on a rock by the river. When she laid her head on me I could see her lips moving in the same way I described earlier. I asked “Are you saying something? It looks like your lips are moving..” she responded with “Nope! I’m just doing this *making a popping sound with her mouth*” I tried to not focus on it but if I let her continue doing it for long enough I would start to feel extremely light headed and sick to the point where I would have to get her off of me and sit up for a little while to make it stop. Granted I already felt like shit from the physiological effects of the shrooms, I figured I was overthinking everything again. We were both pretty fucked up so we headed home, all she kept saying was that she wanted to lay down. When we got back to my room and laid down, I kept seeing the same exact thing as I saw at the river. I wondered if it was just because I was tripping so hard that I could see the vibrations on her lips moving back and forth, but soon it became very apparent that this was not the case. I asked again if she was saying something and she gave the same explanation as earlier, I said “boy you sure are doing that a lot today…” Again, if I let it go on for long enough I’d get that same light headed and sick feeling I got on the river. It was so bad I had to get up and move to a chair on the other side of the room just to get away from it. I said “ughhh what is wrong with me?!” she could obviously tell I was distressed, but all she said was “Nothing’s wrong with you, come lay down” waving her finger at me to come back to bed. The lights were off at the time and when she said that, all of my senses screamed “evil, temptation, sin, darkness” all at once. I could see nightmarish figures and dark auras radiating from her corner of the room, I even could of swore I heard and saw a black cat scamper from one end of the room to her end. I turned the lights on and she made it pretty clear that she did not want them on, though I wasn’t about to turn them back off for any reason. I could see the demon in her clear as day, as if half of her was human and the other half of her face was alienlike, dark, with evil crawling all over it. After trying to settle myself down and went to the bathroom a couple times, I laid back down with her to try to better analyze the situation. She continued to move her mouth in the same fashion and began to make these motions with her hand, almost as if she wanted my hand to dance with hers. When i began to play along I would slowly start to lose feeling in that hand, moving up to my arm as if I had no control over it anymore. This happened a couple times and startled me so much that I would jerk my hand away and clench my fist a couple times, cracking my fingers. I had a conversation with God in the bathroom just asking for a sign, asking for help because I was completely helpless and frankly concerned about my own mental health. He gave me every sign that my intuition was right, such as asking if this horrible feeling I had about my girlfriend was correct and instantly throwing up (this happened a couple times) and that was all the convincing I needed. I said “Okay, okay, I got it… I got it.” the sickness instantly went away. When I returned to the room I focused on nothing but keeping my faith strong and completely ignoring her and whatever she was trying to tempt me to do. This made her very agitated and she even complained about having awful headaches and being sick to her stomach when I did this. As the trip died down, so did these attempts of black magic or whatever it was. The next day she said “Well yesterday was interesting. When we were in your room I was trying to think of something the entire time but I don’t even know what it was.” My only thought after she said that was that she could have been trying to think of what the hell else was inside of her forcing her to do it’s bidding, but being so unaware that she didn’t even know. Either that or this was just a bull shit cover up statement because from my reactions and things I said to her, it had to have been pretty clear to her that I knew what was up at this point.

TLDR: It has become very apparent to me that there is an evil force at work on Earth. I’m not exactly sure what it is or what you call it, demons/aliens/illuminati/whatever, but what I am sure is that they want us to surrender our soul to them. Raves have become a very popular place for these evil beings to exert their powers upon us because of the amount of people that are on mind-altering substances (creating open gateways to the brain). The environment is also dark with so much noise and flashing lights that it can be pretty confusing as to what exactly is going on around you. At this point I’m 100% sure that my girlfriend is one of them, whether she is aware of it or not. We are all children of God and no soul is beyond saving, but I just don’t know what to do at this point. Most of what I’ve read tells me to turn to prayer, and that she needs to pray for her own deliverance by Jesus (surrendering her soul to Him will force the demon to leave). I think that if she possibly tripped hard enough to break her ego, removing herself from her own mind then she would be able to see that there’s something else living in there (just a theory). If anyone has any insight on this topic or can help me, please don’t hesitate. Your prayers are appreciated as well :).

God bless us all

QUOTE: I had a conversation with God in the bathroom just asking for a sign, asking for help because I was completely helpless and frankly concerned about my own mental health.

I'm concerned too brother.

You're phuckingnutz!...oops, sorry that'd be me...you're CRAZY!

Last edited:
Dude see a psychiatrist. Seriously. I have no issue with religious beliefs but lay off the drugs your sounding like one of my forensic patients... the one's who murder multiple people. Don't hurt anyone even if you think they are demons or whatever. LAY OFF THE DRUGS. Pray to god or do whatever you need to do but stay away from the drugs and seek professional help. Some people shouldn't do drugs, your one of them. Be a good christian boy as you obviously are and get help, see your religious representative/priest/church leader, see A PSYCHIATRIST and talk to your family about what you have been doing/ experiencing and maybe even talk to your GF. Best of luck.

Thanks for your concern, but I'm in no way dangerous or out of my right mind. I'm not sure at what point in my post I suggested that I was going to physically harm anyone. You act like these few very spaced out instances are an addictive problem. A psychiatrist is the last thing I need here lol. I'm concerned for her, not myself. I don't care if I ever trip again, that means nothing to me, but what I do care about is the person's soul who I love the very most in life.

Thanks for your concern, but I'm in no way dangerous or out of my right mind. I'm not sure at what point in my post I suggested that I was going to physically harm anyone. You act like these few very spaced out instances are an addictive problem. A psychiatrist is the last thing I need here lol. I'm concerned for her, not myself. I don't care if I ever trip again, that means nothing to me, but what I do care about is the person's soul who I love the very most in life.
Mate your sounding very unwell... You need be more concerned about yourself. Talk to your GF see what see feels about your concern. What you spoke about in your post sound's like the delusional thought content of certain very unwell people, does not mean you are just your post seems to indicate this is possible. I don't think much of psychiatric medication but I think some kind communication with someone would help, besides BL. I'm only on here as a random I hardly bother with this site anymore just AusDD and random postings in this forum section. TBH this site seems to be more about jerking each other off about how many drugs you have done/consumed etc but in your case I am genuinely concerned. Best of luck buddy hope it all works out. :)

If you have some free time, you could do worse than reading this:

http://www.awakeninthedream.com/wordpress/are-we-possessed/

Not that it's the scripture or anything, but it's a really interesting article and it presents a way of approaching the problem of demonic possession that seems very constructive to me.

And I don't want it to sound like I'm disparaging your faith, but Christianity does not, in my opinion, provide adequate tools to the layman for dealing with complicated problems such as these. Just feverishly clinging to the idea of an external force swooping in to save the day (as a lot of Christians are wont to do) will not suffice. Dealing with demons calls for a mindful, in-control approach. You need to be firmly in the driver's seat, and not a-priori relinquish it to Lord Jesus (not saying you shouldn't ask him for help, but you should not ask him to do it all for you, and can he get you a pony and a cozy spot in heaven as well while he's at it, please).

According to Jung, demons assert dominion over those parts of your psyche which you are not in control of yourself. The corollary then is that by becoming fully in control of yourself and your environment, you don't give them any land to live on, so to speak. And by compassionately trying to bring your loved ones within this protected sphere that you created, you can attempt to steer them on the right path as well, although ultimately it will be up to them to take control of their situation.

As for psychedelics increasing one's sensitivity to manifestations of the "netherworld", that in my opinion is self-evident to a degree where it does not even need to be discussed. Yet on the other hand, one's own mind can certainly play a trick or two as well, and it's hard to draw the line between clairvoyance and illusion, so there's no point in doing that, unless you are confident that you know yourself enough to be able to trust your senses...and extra-senses :)

Thank you very much for your input weirdling, this was exactly the type of response I was hoping for. I'll be sure to read the am article as soon as I can.

This is a tough one. Some of the content of your post honestly has me concerned for your mental health, I have to be honest. Particularly your assertion that there is some kind of demonic invasion going on (may not be an exact quote, I don't want to bother to re-skim the whole post as I am in the middle of something), and the sheer volume of these occurrences and the large number of people you seem to sense being affected. Certainly there are many cases of mentally ill, delusional people experiencing this kind of thing. On the other hand, I don't want to discount the possibility that possession by negative entities is real, because it may be. I have never seen anything myself to this effect, but I have experienced many stories from others, too many to automatically discount the potential reality of the situation.

I would recommend first just laying off the psychedelics completely for a while and seeing if you still experience these phenomena. You seem to describe only accounts from when you were tripping. If you do not experience them at all unless tripping, then I would consider that perhaps the drugs are having an impact on your mind. If it still occurs, then I would be more concerned and at that point I would seek a professional simply to rule out any potential psychosis. If they are unable to find any psychosis or imbalance, then you can feel more confident that this is something authentic. At that point I still don't know what to tell you, but I think you need to seriously consider that this might be in your head before you fully commit to this being real. I don't mean any offense, you seem very coherent, but crazy people don't know they're crazy. Lots of people snap out of reality a bit sometimes, it's nothing that you can't do anything about.

I appreciate your concern and don't take any offense to your post, and I do plan on taking a break for a while. However due to the repeated experienced phenomena and the fact that my best friend who also experienced an "awakening" if you will, ALSO saw the same exact thing. It does sound crazy as shit to someone who has no experience with this type of thing but then again that person probably wouldn't have much input on where to go from here as far as my relationship goes. I've doubted myself time and time again, trust me, my very first thoughts on the subject were that perhaps I was seeing the impurity of people's souls and just manifesting these visions myself. But now it is beyond doubt that my assumptions are correct. It's as clear as night and day distinguishing between a normal person and one of them. Of course I can't see the demons when I'm not tripping but when encountering people that I've seen it in them while NOT tripping, they all are very cautious and seem to keep their distance as they know I'm weary.

4) If you're really freaked, sprinkle some holy water on her, maybe recite the lord's prayer in her presence. These are things a Christian demon can't stand, and if something happens (i.e, she freaks out), then you know you got a big problem.
If you try to have an exorcism on most anyone they will well freak out either because they think you're nuts, or they think they're possessed, or they're possessed. Congradulations, you'll always have a christian demon to fight.
Honesty is good. She might well think you're paranoid and delusional, that's the rational thing to think. If you can't talk about your biggest problems and come up with solutions with your girlfriend then I see very little point in making her your wife and maybe you should try the single life a long with sobriety.

Last edited:
What the seeker seeks, the prover proves. All magick ceremonial or otherwise is directly powered by your belief in it. Magickal impliments, robes, temple decorations are all essentially stage props to aid you in believing the reality your trying to create through directed will (magick). Literally, everything you've experienced on psychedelics are a symbolic manifestation of your subconscious mind. You are NOT supposed to take what it tells you literally - it's language is metaphor. Taking what your subconscious says in a literal fashion leads to pure fundamentalism which it sounds like exactly what your heading towards.
If you think an exorcism will help you, it's only your belief in it that would do any good.

I skimmed the whole post. As a christian, here's my advice:.....

.....4) If you're really freaked, sprinkle some holy water on her, maybe recite the lord's prayer in her presence. These are things a Christian demon can't stand, and if something happens (i.e, she freaks out), then you know you got a big problem.

Personally I think if this DOESN'T freak her out you have a problem...
...if the holy water starts smoking when it hits her face...thennnn, YOU GOT A PROBLEM!

A Christian demon? Are demons denominational?

BTW, This is the best thread EVER!!!

So what you're saying is if I just don't believe in it, then it's not real?
Why would my subconscious project the same exact thing in literally hundreds of people, both that I know and that I've never met before who, many of, were following me around a giant venue for HOURS. No experience in my life could ever relate or compare to the one I had in creating that light energy barrier in front of me when they were creeping up behind and surrounding me, causing an immediate repulsed reaction in them. *BTW I had already seen this presence in her as well as many others before my friend even had that episode. In fact, that night I predicted that he would have that episode due to what I WAS seeing before I even knew what happened to him until coming back in contact with him many hours later.*

Iamthesuck, trust me I have thought of that many times. It was actually one of my first thoughts of my interpretation, because admittedly she is a much, for the lack of a better word, badder girl than I've dated in the past. However, after how many times I've seen this now and how many times I've been put in a trance-like state or creating an extremely light-headed and nauseous reaction from whatever her lips are motioning, I know that this can't be simple hallucinations. You are absolutely right though I know that my love can save her, thank you :).

After today she admitted to be very confused the entire time during our last trip, not knowing what reality was. In addition to mentioning she was trying to think of something the whole time. I think that whatever is occupying her unconscious just comes to surface while on mind-opening substances leaving her in a sedative dream-like state.

I'm definitely not going to just perform and exorcism out of the blue because regardless that's going to freak her out lol. I'm going to open my heart and talk to her when the time is right, letting her know that I love her from the bottom of my heart and genuinely care for her. I honestly don't know what to think of this force or how powerful in exerting it's bidding over people is, so that's why i'm going to try to research and get as many opinions as possible before proceeding.

Thank you all again, any additional insight is certainly welcome. I'd be interested to see if any other ravers have seen similar things lately. I've read a few similar instances many years in the past.

Because a whole lot of people are gulable and have no understanding of how the subconscious works. Some people shouldn't do psychedelics period. If you take a psychedelic and think you need an exorcism you probably shouldn't do psychedelics.

Mass hysteria is a real thing... In cosmic trigger (can't remember which volume) Robert Anton Wilson talks about how in Ireland during mass UFO sightings there basically 2 types of reports. Religious people tended to see angels, and atheists ( or scientific minded folk) reported seeing UFO's during the same sightings... What were people actually seeing ? Who knows but what the seeker seeks the prover proves. We all believe in what we want to believe. That exorcism will be one whopping placebo effect.

From a purely religious perspective:

light11 said:
ego-death followed by the awakening of the pineal gland

Sounds like you've bought into some New Age malarkey. Ain't no evidence for that, and I believe Christianity would hold spiritual experiences come from the spirit, not from the pineal gland.

light11 said:
through meditation at the peak of my trips I've been able to travel to a Higher power and essentially experience rebirth.

I've actually read about meditation/yoga from both the Catholic and Evangelical perspectives, and while meditation as relaxation/mindfulness* is acceptable, and a yoga-like exercise program is acceptable, you should avoid learning from a source that teaches the doctrinal accouterments part & parcel with the techniques. By doing so you risk syncreticism. I don't recall the Gospels saying, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, the Upanishads, and the Dharma Body of the Buddha, that whoever believes in them shall not perish but have eternal life."

*Meditation techniques geared towards ecstatic states and visions are not what they claim to be, and only serve to lead you astray from the straight and narrow path.

Please revisit Paul's Epistles:

Colossians 2:8 said:
See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the rudiments of the world, and not according to Christ.

Timothy 6:20 said:
O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called "knowledge "--

light11 said:
I also feel that I have the ability to peer into peoples souls by staring into their eyes, I can feel more connected with them and their thoughts as well.

Why do you believe that psychedelics gave you psychic powers? There's not going to be any religious support for this, and we PD folk are gonna tell you that psychedelics only show you what is within yourself.

Allow me to offer an alternative explanation for your experiences, metaphorical in nature, 'cause that's how tripping works. The only thing possessing your friends is their own carnal desires. Your third eye is only blindness in the two God gave you, it can't even show you your own hypocrisy. While unusual in strength and scope, your experiences reflect guilt towards, and abhorrence of, your lifestyle, which is good, you're not supposed to like sinfulness, but this good impulse has been twisted into a paranoiac nightmare that will leave you stuck in your ways. Goin' to festivals and dance parties built around the consumption of mind altering substances, and other worldly things, doesn't sound like a holy way of living to me, nor does making people who do your primary companions sound wise. Exactly how do you emulate Christ in your life (and if you're one of the faith alone types, surely if you have faith in him, you want listen to him)? Lay off the drugs and revelry. Go to church, take up some volunteer work, and turn your mind toward the productive. See if that doesn't help.

light11 said:
It has become very apparent to me that there is an evil force at work on Earth.

Pretty sure Satan's been evil since before there was an Earth, so this isn't anything new.

BTW Have you read Bunyan's The Pilgrim's Progress? I'm reading it myself atm, you should find it educational, if not inspirational. It's been in print continuously since 1678 for a reason.

Last edited:
4) If you're really freaked, sprinkle some holy water on her, maybe recite the lord's prayer in her presence. These are things a Christian demon can't stand, and if something happens (i.e, she freaks out), then you know you got a big problem.

wow that approach is a bit retro :D

OP, your the type of person who shouldn't be taking psychedelics. These beliefs you've developed have nothing to do with reality, it's believing shit like that which causes a lot of people to think drugs will make you go crazy...realistically, you should be FAR more worried about yourself then your girlfriend. Sorry dude, but that's the truth.

That said, if you take these experiences as metaphorical, you could probably still gain some useful insights from them, and use them constructively. There's probably some subconscious feeling you have about your girlfriend you need to bring into your conscious mind and think about. Personally it seems to me you have some kind of "purity" complex you need to get over; there's nothing completely "pure" in this world, a lot of religious people seem to believe/hope that there is (not saying all do by any means), but there simply isn't, that's not the way the world works and that's ok. The only true sin is harming other living things in some way, personal lifestyle choices are not "evil", everyone's living their own life and that's a good thing.

Last edited: