• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Have You Ever Overdosed? [and all overdose discussion/stories]

heroin and whiskey

woke up gasping for air surrounded by paramedics, ended up w/ pneumonia b/c of aspiration

I've never overdosed on anything before - thank god.

But the meth spiders - HOLY FUCK. The first time that happened to me I freaked the FUCK OUT. It's like, I was looking at something in the dark, and it looked like a black blob moving around, I was like what the fuck is that. Then when I touched it....oh man, all I seen (and FELT) was all of these spiders crawl up my finger, onto my hand, and up my arm. Shear panic followed, shear, fucking, panic. And what's even more fucked up was that I was even aware of the whole "bug thing" that comes with meth/sleep deprivation, but of course logic is out the window and I convinced myself I was the 1/100 000 000 000 000 000 cases that actually had bugs crawl over me and underneath my skin. God that was so scary. Thank god it hasn't happened since..

Heroin. More times than I can count. Last time was last Wednesday.

I never feel the drop coming from this west coast tar. When I lived back east, there was usually a histamine reaction before I hit the floor.

I woke up in the meatwagon with the EMTs talkin shit as usual.

I've never overdosed on anything before - thank god.

But the meth spiders - HOLY FUCK. The first time that happened to me I freaked the FUCK OUT. It's like, I was looking at something in the dark, and it looked like a black blob moving around, I was like what the fuck is that. Then when I touched it....oh man, all I seen (and FELT) was all of these spiders crawl up my finger, onto my hand, and up my arm. Shear panic followed, shear, fucking, panic. And what's even more fucked up was that I was even aware of the whole "bug thing" that comes with meth/sleep deprivation, but of course logic is out the window and I convinced myself I was the 1/100 000 000 000 000 000 cases that actually had bugs crawl over me and underneath my skin. God that was so scary. Thank god it hasn't happened since..

I have a bad habit of trying to pick the spiders out, which inevitably leads to disgusting sores over my arms, my legs, and occasionally my face. It's been getting better now that I've lowered my usage, but I still feel the spiders from time to time. Here's a photo of one of my recent "spider attacks". I decided to make an anti-meth poster out of it. :)

Yup, a couple of months back. A combo of tramadol and codeine. It was deliberate though as I was in the midst of one of the worst depressions of my life. Was found unconscious on the floor of my sister's study. Looking back, it was a pretty damn silly thing to do.

I OD'd on alcohol and clonazepam. My breathing got extremely shallow, my heart slowed way down, but, luckily, I survived after a good hibernation.

Yes but they were all intentional except for one.

tylenol had me vomitting black every 10 seconds for a full day and in the hospickle with near liver failure.

ive OD'd on hydrocodone once and just recently OD'd on ecstasy. i overdosed on hydrocodone when i was wasted and barred out. i ended up swallowing ten of them and was passed out for two days straight. i barely remember any of it or taking it because i was already fucked up. also, about 3 weeks ago i overdosed on 10 tabs. once again, i was wasted so i dont really remember taking them. i do remember later that night....i was having seizures, severe muscle spasms, my heart rate was like higher than its ever gone in my life, my whole body was beat red cuz i was flushed....terrible night. after an overdose i think your perspective on drugs change. like i used to be in love with X but now that ive overdosed, X just sounds really boring and just not fun.

Official Overdose Stories Thread

Mods if this is the wrong place for this please let me know where to move it instead of closing it right away without warning. Thanks much %)

NVM a mod did have to reposition this thread to another forum so no need to move it again(unless yall see fit :) )

Sounds crazy I didnt find any results in my search for a official or mega thread for overdose stories since I wanted to share mine so I thought I would just start one and maybe get it stickied. I didnt see in the rules for suggesting a sticky thread so I figured if it gets stickied it gets stickied or not. I also thought this was the appropriate place for this kinda of thread since it is moreorless a trip report.

Anyways I just wanted to share my one overdose story since I thought it might help save anyone who was thinking of overusing what I did. Sad thing was the overdose played out as I was posting here a while ago and I got to hooked into doing it and couldnt stop dispite everything telling me I should quit.

Anyways this thread of mine from a while back should be self explanitory and you will read first hand what happened to me before/during and after I overdosed on methylphenidate also known as ritalin.

To make the long story short I started this thread asking how much I should limit my use of it since I was shooting it up, then I tried it and gave a report and next thing I knew I found myself doing pill after pill and unfortunately I had 40 of the 20mg tabs and did them all within a few hours and posting about it as I was doing it swearing I was going to stop but I just couldn't. Had a hook on me just like a cocaine binge.

I ended up calling poison control since someone I think suggesting it and they told me to call 911 immediately, after telling them how much I took and how I was using them. PPL even suggested me calling 911 after I said I was on like my 20th pill or around there but I put it off untill they were all gone.

I almost died in the ER, thankfully I called 911 when I did because the symptoms of the overdose kicked in almost as soon as they got there and I had been doing it for hours on end nonstop so everyone here who posted I give credit for me not dying that night.

They had to hook me up on oxygen because I couldnt breath for a long time but it started out as having major panic attacks like I have never known anybody in my life to have before, I was breathing so fast and it felt like it wasnt getting oxygen to my brain, then my mind just simply stop telling me lungs to breath and it was such a helpless feeling and my whole body got tingley before going completely numb, and I mean my whole body. I felt like my body temp was going down as I was fading away. I was looking at the ceiling thinking it was for sure the last thing I was going to look at before going out.

One messed up thing was that the docs didn't even care for what I was going through, one even said I did it to myself and now Im paying for it. I couldnt believe he said that and that was after they took the oxygen off of me because my panic attack went away and turned into just not breathing, I was begging for help I wanted the oxygen back on and I couldnt even complete a whole sentence when trying to ask for it because I just couldnt breath or function. All I could say and I was trying to yell but couldnt was "someone please help" and as soon as someone walked by I asked for oxygen and I never got it.

What helped me was to calm down on what little breathing I was trying to do and take slower consistant breaths and about 20 minutes later after doing that I could finally breath, I even passed out for almost a half hour because of not breathing, at least a half hour passed on the clock next to my stretcher that I couldnt account for and I was so out of it I think I was passed out.

Anyways you can read this thread if you want to see it happen play by play or post by post w/e and see for yourself what happens when you overuse a stimulant, even a common med like ritalin which is known of course for being dangerous when overused but heres my story of what happens and as I said, I thank the ppl of this forum for not giving up on me when I was continuing to post asking for help, I honestly think I would be dead if I didnt call 911 as was suggested by ppl here, I would not have called them untill it was too late because when the symptoms kicked in they kicked in soo fast and were so intense that I would not have prob been able to dail it.

This was why I figured a sticky thread for this is so important because it can save lives.

Heres the link to my thread when it all happened. Anyone who is thinking of abusing these meds as I did please reconsider and take heed to what the moral of my story was. Enjoy :)

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=470713

Last edited:
Thank you for moving it to the correct section and not closing it, means much.

Anyways it seems that this thread is allowed since it was reviewed by(at least one) a moderator and wasnt closed so carry on and hear any stories anyone might have from experience to help others refrain from making the same mistakes, or more or less let ppl know when its a bad idea to continue to do something, w/e yall have to say will help. The input of bluelight members saved my life that night and Im sure it can and prob has others.

man, i hope you don't do that ever again. you probably have some pretty severe talcosis in your lungs. you should check out this thread, there are a couple of case studies in it about shooting up ritalin and how bad it is for you. an acute binge like this one could do some severe damage to your lungs. do you have any health complications that have arisen since the OD?

Do you have any info on possible permanent damage due to your night of indulgence?

I do hope you're okay. And it certainly sounds like you learned a lesson (I don't mean that condescendingly, I'm just glad you made it out of that alive. That was some hectic shit you engaged in.)

I want to commend you for posting this experience for others. There will be other BLers who engage in the same behavior and your post(s) may help save someone's life.

That was some serious shit you did there dude. I'm compulsive as hell but I'm a bit older (I assume) and have certain worries and experiences in life that keep me from engaging in that kind of self-destructive behavior. But I can certainly understand when the fiend takes over. Just glad you're okay. And I hope you don't suffer long-term effects from your binge.

peace. and be safe. Thanks again for posting your experience.

Do you have any info on possible permanent damage due to your night of indulgence?

I do hope you're okay. And it certainly sounds like you learned a lesson (I don't mean that condescendingly, I'm just glad you made it out of that alive. That was some hectic shit you engaged in.)

I want to commend you for posting this experience for others. There will be other BLers who engage in the same behavior and your post(s) may help save someone's life.

That was some serious shit you did there dude. I'm compulsive as hell but I'm a bit older (I assume) and have certain worries and experiences in life that keep me from engaging in that kind of self-destructive behavior. But I can certainly understand when the fiend takes over. Just glad you're okay. And I hope you don't suffer long-term effects from your binge.

peace. and be safe. Thanks again for posting your experience.

well I havent done that much stimulant at a time since and dont plan on it so I would imagine I should be fine. It takes quite a bit of stimulant use to end up with the damage I talked about and I only started abusing them like 3 yrs ago and my use was minimal compared to the man who died from his cronic use of it but it took him about 15yrs of cronic use for it to kill him so I should be in the clear(knock on wood).