• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Has anyone ever given up alcohol by switching to cocaine?

I don't quite have the access to coke as much as alcohol, cause alcohol is everywhere.

The alcohol maybe worse
To add to my story, I did end up with a meth problem and lost a job and had to quit meth with a very difficult force of will. Didn't relapse on the alcohol, though.
Just be aware that coke is addicting as well.

To add to my story, I did end up with a meth problem and lost a job and had to quit meth with a very difficult force of will. Didn't relapse on the alcohol, though.
Just be aware that coke is addicting as well.
It sure is addictive but I kinda find it's only addictive for that day. Not wanting anymore till next party or show. That's what I did with alcohol in that I could leave it till next weekend.

Also taking it WITHOUT alcohol is a different sensation.

No but i stopped drinking when i discovered pills and heroin, now i wish i only had a booze habit

No, I have not. I stay away from both. Frankly, an obtuse query.

Yes I know coke and alcohol go hand in hand but the advice is that that's really dangerous.

I was thinking do coke instead of alcohol yes.

It's no different from saying lets switch from cocaine to heroin. From one bad option straight to another. Try instead not using such addictive drugs.

Also didn't you say in another thread you bought your cocaine in the pub? How is taking coke without drinking going?

It's no different from saying lets switch from cocaine to heroin. From one bad option straight to another. Try instead not using such addictive drugs.

Also didn't you say in another thread you bought your cocaine in the pub? How is taking coke without drinking going?
Managed one evening doing coke and just drinking non alcoholic beer all night. Didn't touch a drop of alcohol even though my friends were doing both.

It worked for me as a nice buzz.

Also I don't think you can compare cocaine or alcohol with heroin. Heroin completely different ball game

Managed one evening doing coke and just drinking non alcoholic beer all night. Didn't touch a drop of alcohol even though my friends were doing both.

Also I don't think you can compare cocaine or alcohol with heroin. Heroin completely different ball game
Kinda sorta two different questions here. The thread title says, "giving up alcohol by switching to cocaine".
That's a different question than, "If I give up alcohol, can I still do cocaine?"

Kinda sorta two different questions here. The thread title says, "giving up alcohol by switching to cocaine".
That's a different question than, "If I give up alcohol, can I still do cocaine?"
I failed to give up alcohol but I'm not doing it at the same time as the coke

Your so naive there.

As someone who's been addicted to both cocaine has done my life infinitely more harm than heroin did.

Also you admit you failed to give up alcohol. So the whole idea of this thread didn't really work did it. "Oh but i don't use alcohol and cocaine together", seems to be your logic, but you've just entered the world of regular cocaine use. And how long are you realistically going to only use them seperately? No disrespect but whole thing just seemed like a bad idea from the get go. Try to curb one toxic habit by starting another is rarely the way to go.

Your so naive there.

As someone who's been addicted to both cocaine has done my life infinitely more harm than heroin did.

Also you admit you failed to give up alcohol. So the whole idea of this thread didn't really work did it. "Oh but i don't use alcohol and cocaine together", seems to be your logic, but you've just entered the world of regular cocaine use. And how long are you realistically going to only use them seperately? No disrespect but whole thing just seemed like a bad idea from the get go. Try to curb one toxic habit by starting another is rarely the way to go.
There is nothing regular about my cocaine use. I use it at certain times but not very often.

There is nothing regular about my cocaine use. I use it at certain times but not very often.

You're getting a lot of weird responses on here from people. Not sure why all of the gang is dog piling on you, but I've seen them do it before. Strange, no? Usually it's a much nicer crowd.

So tell us then, in your experience would you say that your experiments with coke are helping you to drink less?

No. Any kind of regular use of mdma, assuming what you get is actually mdma, with a frequency that would supplant an alcohol habit, would FRY your noggin quickly, dude.
Actually, there's zero evidence to support that statement and loads of evidence to the contrary.

"However, the lowest MDMA dose which was shown to produce longterm neurotoxic effects that persisted over months and years has been 5 mg/kg given parenterally twice daily over 4 days, ie, 40 mg/kg overall in 4 days."

So injected into the body cavity 10 mg per kilogram per day for 4 days.

The only study that has any pre and post-use data is out of the Netherlands and it has severe issues with respect to the conclusions stated by the authors.

For example, the paper states that there is a significant difference in the globus pallidus among ecstasy users compared pre-to-postuse.

Yet when you look at the data, the group that went on to become Ecstasy users had a value of 314 with a standard deviation of 72 (pre-use) ; The same group had a value of 323 with a standard deviation of 70 (post use) comparing the mean values, the study authors say 3% difference, yet the control group had a 3% difference in the negative.

Then the study author states that a 2.9% increase is something to be concerned about when the controls had a 2.9% decrease over the same time. A reasonable scientist would say the variability in the FA of the globus palidus in humans seems to be 2.9%. However, the authors decided to simply ignore the variance and state that since it was different or in the other direction from the controls, it must be bad.

"whereas, they showed a significant increase of FA in the globus pallidus (+2.9% in XTC+, −2.9% in XTC−; P = 0.020) and of ADC in the thalamus (+1.6% in XTC+, −4.0% in XTC−; P = 0.017)"

My question would be "why did the ADC in the thalamus of the control group drop 4%?"

The study authors should be commended for the day to they collected and ridiculed for the completely biased and scientifically unfounded conclusions they stated.

All the study authors did was show that in ecstasy naive control group the metrics they measured varied as a percentage in amounts greater than the the same measures varied in ecstasy users.

As far as the statistical issues with the paper.

Let us look at the pre and post use values for rrCVB for the putamen

Pre use 1.34 SD .15 Post-use 1.28 SD .18 -- the Z value is ~.25, which means it comes from the same distribution. Yet the study authors try and take the mean values as a percentage variance.

In fact, every single metric they measured has a z value less than one if you compare any of the two samples regardless of whether it was naive users or pre or post use meaning statistically they came from the same distribution.

Those of you that understand statistics. Here is the link

Again, zero evidence that recreational use of MDMA causes any neurotoxic effects on the human brain.

Last edited:
Well I mean I'm not trying to discount your opinion and I'm not gonna debate clinical studies with you, but if we're talking longterm, sustained use at any dose, I know a few people who tried that, and they barely function as people anymore. Sure as hell can't interact with society in any meaningful way - hold down jobs, maintain relationships, form a complete sentence.

Well I mean I'm not trying to discount your opinion and I'm not gonna debate clinical studies with you, but if we're talking longterm, sustained use at any dose, I know a few people who tried that, and they barely function as people anymore. Sure as hell can't interact with society in any meaningful way - hold down jobs, maintain relationships, form a complete sentence.
This ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Back in my teens me and my friends used to know a guy for our herb 🌿 he would always be high on ecstasy pills a decade straight. He was like twitching, incoherent, in his own world. Back then we didn't know much about this thing called MDMA other than something you may take at a rave, but we could not believe it could do that to a person.

Just wondering if any experiences of putting down the drink but instead moving to coke to get the high.

Thanks
Absolutely possible, back in my party days we met this guy at a chill out who tried our mephedrone and was blown away his preferred drug of choice was coke prior.

IMO though cocaine is boring unless it's consumed with alcohol. So I doubt it, you either give up both or carry a risk reinforcing alcohol consumption whilst on coke as your liver metabolise them into a third substance which is far more euphoric than either of them alone

And to that I would say it flies in the face of all of the science. Now if they were taking meth and bath salts and a bunch of other crap I might believe it.

But you're talking to somebody that's done 1000+ pills and at one time was taking 6-10 weekly for approximately 3 years. And the group of people that I hung around with maybe the use wasn't that prolific but it was close and as sustained and none of them (That didn't get hooked on meth or heroin) have issues.

That's why anecdotal reports are not useful but clinical studies are and the clinical studies shows zero MDMA toxicity from recreational use.

Last edited: