• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

H Withdrawal Soon/Chronic Pain & Health Problems/We Can Do It!

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned on this thread(at least recently) is the benefits of using hallucinogens when it comes to addiction, and maybe even depression/mental issues.

I have found that even a single dose/trip of something like mescaline/LSD/Ibogaine/etc. can MASSIVELY loosen the grip that addiction has on so many of us. I have even witnessed long term opioid addicts getting clean after just one trip/encounter with a potent, long acting hallucinogen such as mescaline. And since mescaline is readily available(for the most part- as long as you are willing to put a little effort into making a San Pedro tea), I think more people should consider this option...at the very least to use as a "starting point" for getting clean....as in, you can take mescaline to initially start the process of getting clean/turning your life around, and then you can follow through with very low dose suboxone or whatever works best for you.

*I'm using mescaline here as an example(and a good example at that)...but you can substitute whichever hallucinogen you prefer, as long as it's safe and has the required affect on your addiction.*

I have heard the thing about hallucinogens, sounds very interesting, and since we are talking things that help I'm gonna throw this out there to add to the discussion about ways to help:

The big thing about replacement meds that help people alot is they are not supposed or nor are they designed to get you "high"... because one of the biggest things to cope with when quitting something is that "gratification" of reaching the "high" you get when you actually do your DOC.... everyone has different "high" levels they find "acceptable" so for some, what they think of as "high" doesn't mean that's someone else's level..being "high" doesn't necessarily mean you have to be out of it and not able to function. .. but when quitting the hardest part is getting past not feeling that "high" anymore.... that's what replacement therapy is supposed to help with.... and do very well I might add, the key (imo) is to only stay on a replacement as long as you actually have to, and as short as possible.

It allows you to not be sick and learn to live your life not getting high anymore but not having to be sick while you learn to do that. That way you don't have to tackle two things at once, getting through the physical (withdrawal and pain) parts and the mental part (craving that high, mental stability, brain learning to make its own chemicals and endorphins, ect.) at the same time.. the physical part is hard (really really hard sometimes) but once past that the mental part becomes even harder imo

It can be really hard at first to learn to live without the getting "high" but is a very important aspect of recovery

In my area, the standard is 500mg of I.V Ketamine. The first time, I was out. I woke up briefly to a blurry vision of a nurse helping me piss, lol. She was cute.

One time I took 10 mg of dextroamphetamine and stayed up the whole infusion. I can say that there are visual changes, and you think differently.

The visuals are light. It can give you that general fucked up feeling with trippy effects. Everyone is different and YMMV.

In my area, the standard is 500mg of I.V Ketamine. The first time, I was out. I woke up briefly to a blurry vision of a nurse helping me piss, lol. She was cute.

One time I took 10 mg of dextroamphetamine and stayed up the whole infusion. I can say that there are visual changes, and you think differently.
The visuals are light. It can give you that general fucked up feeling with trippy effects. Everyone is different and YMMV.

My infusions are different. They must be stronger or something cuz I get straight up k-hole experiences. I feel like I'm traveling thru time and different dimensions, among many other strong effects.
Strong visuals, ESPECIALLY if you close your eyes.
My doc says that practically everyone passes out during infusion, but for some reason I don't(and I'm glad I don't, it's SO much fun). Maybe my years of recreational use has "prepared" me for these infusions....I dunno...I"m SO tired right now..but mainly it's time for me to dose my pain meds, my back is KILLLING ME.

Good Luck with your Battle!! I keep running out of my pain meds early as I must admit that I use them sometimes for the Euphoria in which case I need more than my normal dose which of course will set me short for the month. Chronic Pain does SUCK!!! I had some Major Back Surgeries and a host of other issues causing me pain!! The end result is that I have to go Downtown to score more but the price of these pills are so expensive that I think of using Heroin from time to time but don't know enough about it or where to get it! so for now I will just continue doing what I am doing. I must admit that running the Dillies is really a Great High!!!! Good Luck Bro!!!

I'm kinda jealous of how you talk about your tolerance changing after only waiting a few hours extra, that's seriously mind blowing to me... I have never experienced anything even close to that... I've never noticed any tolerance change at all from such small amounts of time. For me it is almost like waiting a few extra hours just makes it where I wouldn't be able to feel it as good....

Even when i have quit for months and months my tolerance barely changes and will only last for the first few times I use. After that I'm back to where I was 6 months before... no questions asked

I wish that it could work like you speak of...

You can do it, but would have to take steps to insure you do not put yourself into withdrawal. But it would be doable and sounds like a good plan for the near future.. it doesn't sound like you use a relatively large amount every day so I think you could manage with just 16mg total... when you start though you need to stay the course and can't have any opiates during that time. You talk of waiting for your next dose often so waiting a little extra to reach the mark where taking subs is ok without a huge fear of withdrawal, so you should be fine there too.

Sounds like a good plan, don't get discouraged if your pain is heightened for a period of time while your body adjusts. You will level back out.. your mind plays tricks on you and you need to tell yourself you will be fine and push through the pain (easier said than done, I know). The biggest thing you try to correct/cover up with drugs is what hits you the hardest for a short time. For you it's pain, so you will deal with some pain for a while, but I really think you will be surprised at how much better you feel when its all over and you stick to the plan and get off. The mental game your mind plays on you is hard, but need to stick with it and know the drug and your mind is lying to you, and its not as bad as they are making you believe. In the end you will find yourself better off...the only thing is a week is ok for a rapid detox with subs and to get past the sickness but your mind and body will not level back out in that time, they need longer to find a full equilibrium, but when they do you will feel so much better. good luck

ABW, checking on ya. I'm hoping you've still been able to stay off. You were posting about how you were over the worst on my bday actually, the 18th, but were still dealing with the lingering symptoms (sweats/chills/etc), which is exactly where I'm at now as well. Hope to see an update soon.

To the other fellas ^^, your comments about ketamine infusions caused me to renew my research into this and actually found a clinic in my city. I had my consultation this morning and will be starting in 10 days. 2 infusions a week for 3 weeks. I'd love any information you guys could provide if you'd be so kind.

-SK

^^honestly I've waited as little ad twelve hours. Just make sure you are in withdrawal. But please plead note that what works for me might not for you. I'd hate to see you in precipitated withdrawal :/ From what I understand, pwd can be blasted through by taking more sub until you're ok. Someone correct me of I'm wrong?

But at that time I would be in at least some wd after twelve hours. Now it'd take longer with my lower tolerance.

Hey Trevor and SK :) Little slip up but I'm back on track. Ugh. I got this. It's hard because I can't even get three days to myself. But I got this.
How are you guys hanging in there? Sending lots of love :-*
Xoxo

Hey ABW! Glad to hear from you! Keep up the good fight baby girl! You got this every day is a struggle but we will keep going ahead! Just saw a HBO documentary this drug will kill you.....not very Happy buy good to remind myself that this does and will lead to death. XO my Dear and fellow addicts hang tight !

You are the best, Trevor :) You keep up the fight, too, my love. We got this!!!

I felt so much more clear headed, and that's exactly what I need to be able to get out of this marriage. I don't think I fully realized how much more timid, passive, and therefore hopeless opiates were making me. I feel much more capable of fighting my way our of this marriage. despite my health troubles with that clear mind. It's strange bc I don't *feel* clouded or fuzzy while on opiates. Yet, off them, my mind is sharper, more clear, I'm less likely to pause in frozen fear. I don't even know how to explain or describe that!

Sending you tons of love, Trevor. You're a special human being. Really.

Lots of love to everyone :) We will have victory!!!! :D

Xoxox

Last edited:
Have you really thought about all this "suffering" as you put it, is actually caused by your herion addiction. You even said yourself you feel great for a short while but have lots of bad times and think about all the time feeling absolutely miserable your having as a result. Your bad miserable times are directly associated with your herion use, seems there is an easy steps to try to fix the situation.

And your plan of shooting to save money and drug, it just simply doesn't work like that, it will save you nothing and only cost you in the end. That is a long dark road that promises nothing but misery... well actually it will promise lots of things, of which none of them are even close to true. You will wake up wondering how you got here to this point in your life and that voice in your head (herion will become the one voice in your head and will dround out any other voice you might have left) will be sitting back laughing at you, while making up some more lies that you will have no choice but to obey. Shooting or not that voice eventually takes over. It's an all consuming addiction..... and is nothinges but suffering suffering suffering

Sorry it must be said though, maybe it could make you realize what your doing, am worried for you... you talk about the routine of shooting like it's something good or something that will help you... reality is its anything but... and you have no association with seeing blood and what comes next. It seems you have almost, in a way, glamorized it to yourself. If the best part was seeing "crimison blood" as you put it, then just go stub your toe and call it a day. There is nothing to be gained here by shooting, only so much faster to lose what you have left... you already talk about misery and suffering and hating your life, so why would you want even more of it even faster.... just stop now, it's your only chance

??? I just want to help and help you see. I'm not attacking you. If it comes across that way then I apologize.... An outside prospective can be very beneficial and from someone who has been there even more so. My grass on my side of the fence, I can tell you for certain, is not greener and the grass is all dead and it even kills the animals that walk on it over here

I decided I'll join you guys and update my situation because it's so damn similar to all of yalls.

I got 2 8 mgs subs as well alrthough one is expired in 2014 lol but I never opened it you think it'll be fine still?

and I hate that about tapering or kicking when you do a shot or take oxy and it does nothing , 6 hours later back to withdrawals. And subuxone is always hard for me cause I hate waiting 24 hours and I'm always worried it won't work or that I can't do my h later lol which is fail thinking .

I've been tapering with my personal journal at home but I'd rather post here and look back cause I can lose that piece of paper or someone can find it in my house and I'm fucksville caught/burned .

I'm down to like .2-.3 a day instead of .4-.8 a day average and tapering anymore here is hard cause we're not dealing with mgs pills but tar and powders of uneven measurements .
Either way trying my best I'm at hour 12 and I'm debating whether to stay up all night sick till 8 am and take subuxone or not.

I've never taken subs for more than 2 days and I never took them properly nor have I ever felt them , this will be my first time hopefully feeling them after 6 years doing opiates having access to them but never doing them cause I didn't want to quit but I do now, and my birthday is June 4 I tell myself every year I'll be clean this birthday for sure and it never happens I'm over it.

I also got 4 really dank acid tabs a friend gave me I'm scared to take that during withdrawals maybe a micro dose with benzos at hand and an emergency bag of dope in case I need to abort ....

Anyways I'll be here updating reading and replying guys good luck , think of each other during our lonely suffering under the blankets in the middle of the night , lock up raw and the jail shows help me hahaha

And shroomery that's what I hate about taking baby doses of oxy , hydrocodone or anything when kicking at hour let's say 12-16 and it doing jack shit then you realize it's hour like 18-20 and if u never took it In the first place you could have taken the subs by now and get mad, so you decide to wait 24 hours from those baby 20-30 mgs oxy doses but that's too long it's not like you got well and are waiting 24 hours that's my problem too

Yea key is being in bad enough withdrawal, the problem with us addicts is we don't like to feel shitty at all. So we feel the smallest amount bad and want to take whatever to help.... and that can be bad with subs...

Shromy I don't know exactly how bad you will be at 16hr but if you have only taken percs 16hrss before I would think that might be alright... just make sure you feel bad enough... if you feel horrible and it brings you up to 75% that's pretty good and you will feel good about the relief. .. but if your only at 70% and it takes you up to 75% you will be disappointed and left feeling that nothing changed

Well, I just puked twice in a parking lot at 1am. Maybe I'm too old for this?

Or maybe puking in a parking lot is never cool.

Lol

Ah, I'm super classy.

I think I'm done. Really.

Ridiculous.

!!!

I've been tapering with my personal journal at home but I'd rather post here and look back cause I can lose that piece of paper or someone can find it in my house and I'm fucksville caught/burned .

Just fyi, there are online journals/diaries you can keep. Sites with passwords, where you can keep a private journal. Dunno if that will help at all, but it popped into my mind when I read this.

Sorry i wrote a book, but stick with me, theres important stuff in here........You think your running of out of dope to fast and shooting is going to change somwthing, your sadly SADLY mistaken.... you will be sick twice as fast and be twice as sick if not more... you think it's bad now you have absolutely no idea. If you did you would turn back now and forever.... turn back just turn back

You keep saying if you had shot you wouldn't be sick yet... that is so soooo wrong... you would be so much sicker so much faster... some people this transition happens instantly and some it takes a tiny amount of time... but rest assured it will happen. Your not saving anything and costing yourself so much.. I sniffed for 4 years without ever shooting, that life wasn't good in anyway but it definitely got so much worse after I picked up the needle... there was nothing to gain, actually a total loss in so many ways, highs counted in seconds and not minutes let alone hours (hours no I'd be needing another by that time) and actually the high starts and evetually to not exist anymore (actually you reach a point where the high "line" is so close or past the od "line" as it's impossible to reach) so its just the rush and being not sick, the craving is ten fold what it used to be when sniffed, the sickness is unimaginably worse in every way, you use more every time and more often, and it's a whole different mental game to get past... ...I thought (for as long time I might add even after I picked it up) this "addiction to the needle" and "needle fixation" were some made up crap that people and the news made up, but o it's absolutely true in every way... I can't even describe it but it's bad and definitely exists... stories maybe another time

I can tell your not ready to quit... or you kinda are but it's not evident enough. You can see what it's doing to you and don't care or chose to ignore for what ever reason. Plenty of people here who walked that road are trying to warn you it's nothing but death and dispair... NOTHiNG.... I know how it was at your stage in addiction, nothing anyone said mattered and the only thing that did was the drugs and what you thought. Shooting them only makes things so much worse in every aspect, there is absolutely nothing to be gained only everything to be lost so much faster... But whatever don't listen you WILL learn for yourself... don't be mistaken

And I still can't comprehend how you say you are sick for 4 days and keep going... well I can actually but doesn't mean it's a good choice or acceptable.. the sickness is worst between 48-72hrs and after that it's slowly getting better. So if you make it to that just keep going don't back track to just have to do it again. The first few days are the worst but it's over before you know it.. things get better, things feel better, and life goes on for the better...

And word of advice, which I'm starting to wonder if you will ever take, I know how it goes I was the same as you once upon a time in a life long since almost forgotten, but am slowly trying to reclaim what I can of what I lost....... but i must try to tell you reguardless, wouldn't want anyone to experience the hell I've been through and saw first hand.... just take your subs and move forward in life quit moving in reverse heading towards the darkness.... anyways the first time I took subs it was a miracle, took every bit of everything in the sickness both physically and mentally away.. I only sniffed at the time and it was the 2mg pills and it was amazing how well they worked. It was the best they have ever worked for me and I would recommend for you to actually wait til, your ready to quit to take them. Don't mess up the best time taking subs with a plan to use again in a few days... my experience may not be the norm, I have no idea but don't risk it and commit... it worked amazing and I only had 5 2mg pills and only needed 3 or 4 of them... when I was done it was no problem. I will never forget how they took away 100% of everything for me.. it was crazy awesome. . This was back in 2006 and I always heard back then they would only work the first time you take them. I know this is proven false now and it was a new drug at the time. So not alot was known like is now.., I didn't even know or heard of this PWD existed but it didnt matter they worked amazing. It was a absolute miracle... what I'm saying is the best they ever worked for me was first time and to take full advantage of that first time and quit for good.

I wish I could have known this at the beginning and been able to follow my own advice.. it's hard I know, but honestly after being down that road it's so much harder to keep on that same path. Its a sad sad sight to see someone willingly walk down that path and it's even harder to see someone walk down it and be able to see yourself starting that path long ago... I wish I would have never toUchida that stuff, it ruined me..it took so many years from me, put me behind in life so far, killed all my friends (best friend died last October and another good friend in December, plus so so many more), and almost killed me and I have permanent heath problems from almost dying...

Im starting to sound like a broken record so i will try to limit my stuff about this topic, but i cant help but try to help and share personal experiences... ill stick around and try my best to not overwhelm the thread with this my view and experiences on things.... just rethink you plan I can tell you from experience it will absolutely NOT end well... good luck

Honestly you need to stop believing in opiates so much in terms of taking care of your life , your sober self should , but I didn't go through what you went though so who knows.

As for the subs , Are they working ? I'm at hour 18 I have a nice 2 shots sitting 5 feet from my bed in my closet anytime for emergency.
But I've done that a million times, caved in and woke up pissed that I could have been at hour 30+ at that point and take subuxone .

I'm scared of subuxone because if it doesn't end up working like I expect it to (like shroomery) I'll end up being pissed and my shot of h will be half blocked no rush waste of money just all together mess...

And as for puking in the parking lot... yesterday morning I was so sick at hour 12 for some reason as 6 am puking bile I never ate food, and barely walked to my car freezing nauseous as fuckkk filled the gas tank and drove to the connect where they open at 8 am every day and had to wait while puking in my car and parking lot when I was walking to the car.

If people stared it would suck lol it's embarrassing, even in my car I was puking in a bag whilst simultaneously driving the car to my connect ugh it's so tempting to take that blk!!!

I took Valium to help me but that might make me not give a shit and end up slamming