NEMD Grateful Dead Appreciation Thread

I just saw a really horrible rehearsal video. Granted oteil and Jeff are not playing, but it's still pretty terrible.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=08buMZeXzJ0

I really have no desire to see this lineup. I guess it'd be fun to go get drunk and sing along and spill beer on your buddies and shit, but I think it's prolly time for them to just hang it up all together.
I think that video is too much of a end of rehearsal tease. I agree that it's pretty rough.
I hope that's not a real hint. I'm still checkin them out regardless. Nothing some pills and a joint can't fix ;)

Hell yeah willow!!!

And this thread be going down the line.. going where that water tastes like wine

#24 Grateful Dead Live at Adams Field House, U of Montana on 1974-05-14

Speaking of Michael.. anyone see the moon tonight?

I'm less than thrilled given various alternatives

Given the power who would you send SKL?

bigshoes.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe Albany.
NYC
And philly

Definitely NYC
Maybe probably albany (probably, that's close to home, I'd be remiss in counting how many of my kinds are still touring, how many are in jail, how many have left the scene)
Maybe possibly not philly

I cant wait to see bobby but i would rather have ratdog to get my bobby fix and save 40 bucks on tix and have a smaller venue.
That said as long as Weir is calling the shots I'm happy.

Ah those October Brenden Burn shows in 1989. I was at all but one, the 15th. Good times. Had a groups of 25 people (Deadheads) from Quebec come and stay with a bunch of us who put them up. Excellent green blotter for that run and they loved it. Unbelievably good! I was in the 12th row floor for the 16th and saw my first Dark Star up close.

I remember on Sat night I was sitting in the same section as Adam Katz (RIP). Never knew what happened till way later. Oblivious I guess was the way to be for those happy and excellent shows. The world was good that week to us thank God.

Going to a friends tonight to stream Dead and Co. SHould be fun. Good players all around.

I enjoyed that. I've seen clips here and there but haven't really been keeping up. Nostalgia is good. I'm gonna be at a stupid work conference when they come through my town. I didn't really care at first, but now I'm kinda bummed I'm gonna miss these guys.

I enjoyed that too. Good show, good band. Nice to see some great music. 2015 seemed to bring back Grateful Dead stuff and I am for sure good with that. I like that Strat Weir had. And Mayer for sure earned his place. Help On The Way / Slipknot the whole band tore it up.

Not sure the Adam Katz mystery was solved. Back then they found rug hairs from security vans on his jacket when they found him but I don't think they ever got to the bottom of it. I am sure some thug security guards had something to do with it but it really was a mystery.

Help>Slip was definitely the highlight for me. Thought franklins was a little cheesy. Did anyone catch Mickey licking the beam during drums? He literally licked it. I think he still really likes drugs. There's a funny gif out there from FTW of Bobby motioning to him to clean his nose and Mickey spazzes out cleaning his nose with his Mickey Mouse gloves. I'd look for it but I'm on my phone. It's hysterical

Good stuff tonight, though. Mayer does a great job and Oteil is a fucking animal. But I think I'm okay with Chicago being my last run. Regardless, I'm glad they're playing

Yipper, I saw Mickey lick the beam. That dude gets stranger as time goes on. At one point it looked like he was on the console on the Star Trek Enterprise with all those knobs. :D

Oteil and Mayer had their own style and did their own Jerry/Phil style playing and that gave Weir and the others a great platform to do their stuff. Good stuff. It reminded me of when people do Jazz standards in their own style.