• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Good US "Legal" Drugs?

Basically you are changing something that takes a toll on lets say mental and/or physical health to something that takes a lesser toll.

Listen kids. I'm not here to debate whether or not I should take Kratom to help during PAWS and as maintenance.

I'm already doing that shit and will continue to do so. I know that maintenance meds are one of those hot topics where everyone has a different take. But for me personally, exchanging one addiction for another is only bad if you're going from "bad" to "worse" or "equally bad". When its opiates vs Kratom, Kratom comes out waaaaay ahead as being better for me and my life.

From my decade of lurking, I assumed this site's purpose was harm reduction.

Was I wrong?

Listen kids. I'm not here to debate whether or not I should take Kratom to help during PAWS and as maintenance.

I'm already doing that shit and will continue to do so. I know that maintenance meds are one of those hot topics where everyone has a different take. But for me personally, exchanging one addiction for another is only bad if you're going from "bad" to "worse" or "equally bad". When its opiates vs Kratom, Kratom comes out waaaaay ahead as being better for me and my life.

Was I wrong?
Then go take Kratom or quit Opioids.

I mean people are trying to help you reduce the harm, but you seem to know fucking everything so by all means do your own fucking research instead of asking everyone else to do it for you.

Was I wrong?
You were not wrong, but this thread is in the social part of drug discussion. If you have legitimate harm reduction questions then they are best taken to the appropriate focus-forum (i.e. Other Drugs, Psychedelic Drugs, etc.) as Drug Culture is all about just bullshitting about using drugs, not how to take them safely.

If you look at the drug combos many of us discuss in DC they are the opposite of safe, i.e. benzos mixed with opioids. This is a free discussion sub-forum for people who just wana blow off steam while talking about drugs in essence.

Side note: I deleted some posts in this thread that were essentially just arguing about semantics that seemed to become personal; please refrain from making such comments guys.
Thanks, I sensed too much aggression earlier.

Deschloroketamine the ethyl hexedrone I mean our government makes so it takes effort to get drugs. I mostly just use beer and weed. Work out to reform retail otc

Was I wrong?

No you are correct. The purpose of this site is indeed harm reduction. As Cream Gravy? indicated this is more of a discussion type thread than HR & as such has been moved to the appropriate forum. It's in an appropriate place now & I'd like to do my best to address your initial question.

Recently kicked an opiate addiction and I use Kratom to maintain and it got me thinking IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE AT THE HEAD SHOP THAT'S WORTH GETTING?

I'd love some advice and anecdotes 😊

The answer to this question will depend on what you are looking for & what is legal in your state. I'm not 100% positive off the top of my head what's available in your state BTW so this is generalized.
For starters I'd like to state that in my humble opinion to answer your question specifically regarding 'head shops' I'd probably just say "No there isn't.". :\ With that in mind others may feel differently & I do not in anyway discount there experiences. :)

In terms of things that are available at a 'head shop' the only thing that comes to mind right off is Salvia Divinorum if one is looking for a different 'psychedelic' type experience. I believe that in some places Amanita Muscaria is available as well. It's been quite some time since I've visited a 'head shop' myself. I'm just trying to recall things I've seen in the stores in the past. I'm not sure that either of these substances would be at all what you are looking for. I know at times there have been other substances at head shops that might be worth mentioning (6-APB, Cathinones, Synthetic Cannabinoids, Etc.) but I believe the products I just mentioned are no longer available in head shops? :unsure:

Again I could be quite wrong on this. As I mentioned it's been quite some time since I've visited a head shop. It's been even longer since I actually looked around a head shop to see what is available. However since it seemed like your question had not been given a direct answer I figured I'd do my best to give you some input. If you are looking for substances that are "legal" outside of a head shop that is an entirely different question to which I'd give you an entirely different answer. 😉

My apologies that I don't have more useful information to provide you but to sum it up in my opinion the answer to your question "IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE AT THE HEAD SHOP THAT'S WORTH GETTING?" sadly enough the honest answer would be no there isn't. :\

If you are in Florida, get a medical card. I have been smoking pot for 45 years but until you have been in a dispensary, you are probably smoking rag weed and pesticides. There is a vast array of strains and they hit you differently. It isn't a smack high but it can be a mind opening experience, particularly if you polish it with some nitrous. There are ways to do nitrous without hypoxia and lost brain cells. B-12 may be a thing tho. I have been playing with nitrous for 40 years and I am an engineer. Look around here. There are a couple versions of my crackers posted here.

I am 73 and I have been around just about everything there is. I never liked downers so that was easy to control. Mind opening things are another thing but the ONE thing that got me through all of this stuff is. Use the drug, don't let the drug use you. When you need it, you need to stop. Give it a while, clear your head (days or weeks, not minutes) then if you still want some go for it. Just set limits for yourself and follow them. This is what I learned from a life around the high functioning alcoholics who run your government in DC.

All Kratom really does for me....
Haven't read through all the above but quoted material is a wow moment to me. :eek:
How dare you speak ill of that precious leaf?
On a serious not:
Kratom has a lot of *things going on with it that covers a broad spectrum of psycho activity. lol
Nah, but it does more (to me, sorry) than act as an opiate. It also has some type of benzo activity, stim activity, maybe some kinda anti-amflamatory and possibly voodooish sh** goin on with kratom. Just my experience and would really rather not get into a heavy dosage schedule for a long period of time. May be some hard WDs from it indeed if it were to suddenly run out.
Just a couple cents strew about the forums
;)
Peace

Benzedrex inhalers have a stim inside the cotton.

Last edited:
DXM. Technically it is a dissociative, with some additional mechanisms like serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibition and sigma agonism.

In lower-ish doses, they are very dependent on your liver enzymes and can range between maybe as low as 75mg and as high as 200+mg, it is an euphoric stimulant (so-called Plateau 1. Look out for W. Whites DXM FAQ on Erowid) and diminishes cravings for opioids. Even helps with acute withdrawal if you take enough but not too much..

Took it daily for months in my youth and somehow was a time of my life. Certainly better than opioids but unfortunately Ive ruined it by using the shit out of other dissociatives, leading to long lasting tolerance. Its own addictive qualities shouldnt be under estimated but guess who already kicked opioids will manage it with DXM. It's not for everybody but worth a try. 🙃

I would try to refrain from referring to drugs as “good”.