• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Going to kick the opiates. This is my log. Please help with advice and encouragement

So have you actually made an effort to quit yet or what?such a bull shit thread if you aren't making an effort. For your sake I hope you have or haven't. Give a shit

re: more and thank you all for reading and giving feedback

Yes of course I am working hard at my situation, It is very difficult but i am working hard on it. And i do go to hypnosis soon. I am taking vitamins and other hebral formulas that help me to lower the medicine, its just i realize its not only a physical addiction its also a mental addiction, and emotional over the years, it started out where i was prescribed this for pain, it ended up being i would feel sick if i dont take it, and over time it became like im loosing my life my life revolves around this drug, its terrible. I am on anxiety medicine. Absolutely. I dont do any illegal drugs, or drink alcohol. I never been interested in that.

Yeah i have alot of anxiety and post traumatic stress from ironically when i started having health problems and i ended up on medication was when my father, and other family members were dying, or died. So I do think that the medicine was what helped me cope with that situation, but at the same time i lost my original coping skills from it.

So i called maybe 50 therapists who are hypnotists as well and specialize in addiction, and they also teach you self hypnosis and how to control your emotions, and all of that. And i do believe this will really help me with my tapering cause yes i know i did very quickly and it was hard to get used to that much smaller dose, but i was under a lot of pressure and i still am to be off this medication by sept 1st. or else i get cut off financially by my mother.

This is basically what helps me, and #1 i will say is passionflower extract that really helps the withdrawal, and anxiety and all of it, but i have a lot of vitamins id like to include that are part of my regimine and i wrote this earlier but it wouldnt let me post.

Thank you for allowing me to tell you these things about myself, I am female and i am 30 years old and i need to get my life together i know im hurting my mom a lot with this problem i have. And i really know in my heart i want to be free from these pills they make me so angry i cant blame it on the drs. well maybe i can, but when your in pain you pretty trust the dr and my dr told me i can get off this stuff whenever i want. And thats not the case although i do believe i can do it myself other people have, and i do appreciate the advice about going slow. Atleast im not running out of pills anymore now i have plenty left over. Before it was horrendous so i know im making progress when i see that i can go much longer without running out and worrying.

I guess i should go down from 7 - 6.5 and then 6

I did feel a lot better on the 5 after the two weeks passed i felt normal on 5 after two weeks, and i wish i stayed there, but i made a mistake.... i dont wish to make another one. I want to beat this.
Ok im going to give you a full list of the vitamins and herbal supplements that i find that help me, soem are parts of the thomas recipe but i included other things in there, #1 most helpful is passionflower extract, valerian with it, or scullcap, that helps with relation i also have a formula for "meditation" called flora it has blue lotus in it and passionflower extract that really works, wild oats thats another one that helps, NAC is very important becuase i mentioned it above, probiotics help like bio-k and nux vomitica, damiana, lobelia these are liquid extracts, california poppy which you probably can only get online but thats helpful, nyquil is helpful cause when i am going through withdrawal symptoms wow does my throat and lungs feels like i have emphasema and dont know it? So cough medicine is needed. Cause that feeling is the worst wow. I dont really deal with the immodium i do get cramps, I take sleeping medicine thats non addictive (well i cant go to sleep more them 5 hours, so i have no choice) i rather be awake less often if im going down the first couple days i want to be down, b6 b`12, other amino acids. DLPA is supposed to be helpful for pain sufferers as well as the california poppy. they sell that on the internet, trying some of the poppy tea is a good idea or grapfruit juice which raises the level of the meds in your system and everyday you can take less grapefruit juice so its not like your raising it in your blood level so high that your gonna have a worse situation on your hands. If you know what i mean. The est thing to do is to rememer how awful you felt when you went down last, and that if you take an extra pill you will be feeling like that again and again and you dont want that for yourself, so once you go down dont mess up like me, you gotta think if i mess up i gotta go through this hell again and my vitamins and all that arent going to work that well as i get used to them cause you build tollerance to basically anythingl. If you have xanac or clonipin or any benzos take that by all means how ever much you need just dont take too much to where your overdosing yourself. for our type of addict we have the tendency to think that our body can withstand a lot of stuff, and it can gut you want to go overboard. I saw this crazy guy on youtube talking about the ammount of over the counter meds you could take for withdrawal i felt like he was trying to kill people, and he even said "im not trying to kill anyone" well he was telling people to take 20 or 30 of the imodium no way dont that to yourself, you sholdnt be taking anything in that quantity thats dangerous. Back to the vitamins, dopa mucana that increases the dopamine in your brain and you need it, its the pleasure center of your brain that helps a lot with this hell we have to go through, unfortunately, Lglutamine i know i mentioned this before but this is good for cravings, blue green algae, cell food has a ph balanced brings your alkelinity of your body to 7.8 ph level which is the right ph level to be at, that helps, cell food makes good quality multi vitamin spray its small but it last a long time, and their dna rna repair formula, and also i find that milk thisle is good for the liver as well, the lobelia helps people stop smoking and smoking is hard to stop they said harder then heroin so therefore might as well think that it will help you with this too, glucosamine and condroiton for the bones and joints theres a cream and theres a vitamin help with join aches, if you can tramadol which isnt an opiate but acts on the receptors you just cant take it everyday or for two weeks staight or you get addicted to that but that helps a lot with withdrawal and its not an opiate but it acts on the same receptors so lets say the first few days you take it once you feel better you stop, i dont know about taking blood pressure meds by yourselff at home without being monitored that could be dangerous, grapefruit juice is good to have around, cause it does help, but you want to drink so much of it that your getting too much in your blood stream, thats reversing the progress. Wild green blue algae, an amino acid complex this is very important for the building blocks of the brain cause im sure while your gong through withdrawal you going to feel like you cant think your brain is struggling for words So the blue green algae its really good for your bones and it helped me taper and its good for your brain, and same thing with the amino acids that can help people so much who are addicts of any kind, because those amino acids get the brain back to functioning also siberian ginseng eulethero thats excellent for your brain to get back its feeling of normal. TMG is a very safe vitamin to take as an antidepressant. And its innexpensive. Scullcap valarien and kava kava, that all helps to relax you but the best thing for this is passionflower its even proven in double blind studies that addicts of our type some were given passionflower some were not he ones who were given passionflower were better off then the ones who didnt get it, so theres studies on that already. HYPNOSIS really helps infact im going to a hypnotist soon for the willpower, the motivation, the limmiting thoughts the constant thoughts and this person is also going to help me learn how to cope without pills, with pain, and agrivation, and anxiety, ericksonian hypnosis i would think is the best kind and there are addiction hypnotists who specialize in that, and they do EMDR, and also other techniques that are very powerful, and some of them if your lucky to find one that teaches you how to hypnotize yourself so when your in a situationw where you are in agony, your mind will control your body and the pain, and all of that, and if you can find a hypnotist that can do these things that are specialized in this, you can call the hynosis insitute or hypnosis association a lot of these are also psychologists that practice hypnosis those you can use your insurance. So i do believe in hypnosis. I was very close to success with previous hypnotitst therapist but i end up with an accident and surgery and then back on full amount of meds, that screwed up my situation. So try not to get in accidents that will cause you to need surgery dont go to the dentist, or to other painful processes, cause then your going to be right back where you started from. I pretty much stay away from everyone i know who is on some type of drugs or alcohol, and i stay away from those who are not on anything cause they always asking me for my meds.... then they talk behind my back about my problem while they are begging me for medicine! You have to change your friends, change your entire life, start fresh forget the past live for yoru goals and think about your goals for the future. Its never too late. If people tell you something negative dont listen and if someone trying to bring drama around you dont bother with that person you dont need agrivation as an excuse to take extra meds

Sorry, don't mean to be rude but tl;dr . I got one rather helpful suggestion for anyone wanting to kick opiates effectively and as painlessly as possible.
Look into Subutex and Suboxone, they are LIFE SAVERS! I'm currently on 8mg a day and it holds me quite fine, I feel more energetic and less depressed.
Life is great!
Best of luck

Tramadol works wonders on wd IME. I stop sweating, no rls, and I quit perseverating on when I can dose again. Drs are usually comfortable prescribing it bc it isn't controlled so they can even just call it in.

I had alot of success once using Lyrica and a little bit of tramadol here and there. It worked wonders! I had never heard of that combination so I felt like an innovator having successfully conquered a full blown addiction with those two medications being pretty comfortable the whole time having been in w/d..;)

If you absolutely can't get clean cold turkey, then try tapering down with tramadol (250-300mg/day in staggered dosages), or, even better and even less addictive, try kratom. A lot of people use Bali kratom to transition from suboxone.

It is not uncommon to see a transition from heroin/PST/PPT/morphine -> suboxone -> tramadol -> kratom

The tram's O-Desmethyltramdol metabolite lasts a full 9 hours, so a staggered dose should hold you all day, then you can taper from that with the short-acting, full-agonist, opioid alkaloids found in Kratom. It is truly a miracle plant; it won't get you high with your tolerance, but it will allow you to live a normal, pain-free life at a tiny fraction of what you pay for seeds.

Opium tea and Suboxone simply last too long (half lives) to be tapered with if you don't have self control. Some people like to use short-acting MOR agonists, like Kratom or Hydrocodone, to taper off of it.

Best of luck getting clean! :)

Yes of course I am working hard at my situation, It is very difficult but i am working hard on it. And i do go to hypnosis soon. I am taking vitamins and other hebral formulas that help me to lower the medicine, its just i realize its not only a physical addiction its also a mental addiction, and emotional over the years, it started out where i was prescribed this for pain, it ended up being i would feel sick if i dont take it, and over time it became like im loosing my life my life revolves around this drug, its terrible. I am on anxiety medicine. Absolutely. I dont do any illegal drugs, or drink alcohol. I never been interested in that.

Yeah i have alot of anxiety and post traumatic stress from ironically when i started having health problems and i ended up on medication was when my father, and other family members were dying, or died. So I do think that the medicine was what helped me cope with that situation, but at the same time i lost my original coping skills from it.

So i called maybe 50 therapists who are hypnotists as well and specialize in addiction, and they also teach you self hypnosis and how to control your emotions, and all of that. And i do believe this will really help me with my tapering cause yes i know i did very quickly and it was hard to get used to that much smaller dose, but i was under a lot of pressure and i still am to be off this medication by sept 1st. or else i get cut off financially by my mother.

This is basically what helps me, and #1 i will say is passionflower extract that really helps the withdrawal, and anxiety and all of it, but i have a lot of vitamins id like to include that are part of my regimine and i wrote this earlier but it wouldnt let me post.

Thank you for allowing me to tell you these things about myself, I am female and i am 30 years old and i need to get my life together i know im hurting my mom a lot with this problem i have. And i really know in my heart i want to be free from these pills they make me so angry i cant blame it on the drs. well maybe i can, but when your in pain you pretty trust the dr and my dr told me i can get off this stuff whenever i want. And thats not the case although i do believe i can do it myself other people have, and i do appreciate the advice about going slow. Atleast im not running out of pills anymore now i have plenty left over. Before it was horrendous so i know im making progress when i see that i can go much longer without running out and worrying.

I guess i should go down from 7 - 6.5 and then 6

I did feel a lot better on the 5 after the two weeks passed i felt normal on 5 after two weeks, and i wish i stayed there, but i made a mistake.... i dont wish to make another one. I want to beat this.
Ok im going to give you a full list of the vitamins and herbal supplements that i find that help me, soem are parts of the thomas recipe but i included other things in there, #1 most helpful is passionflower extract, valerian with it, or scullcap, that helps with relation i also have a formula for "meditation" called flora it has blue lotus in it and passionflower extract that really works, wild oats thats another one that helps, NAC is very important becuase i mentioned it above, probiotics help like bio-k and nux vomitica, damiana, lobelia these are liquid extracts, california poppy which you probably can only get online but thats helpful, nyquil is helpful cause when i am going through withdrawal symptoms wow does my throat and lungs feels like i have emphasema and dont know it? So cough medicine is needed. Cause that feeling is the worst wow. I dont really deal with the immodium i do get cramps, I take sleeping medicine thats non addictive (well i cant go to sleep more them 5 hours, so i have no choice) i rather be awake less often if im going down the first couple days i want to be down, b6 b`12, other amino acids. DLPA is supposed to be helpful for pain sufferers as well as the california poppy. they sell that on the internet, trying some of the poppy tea is a good idea or grapfruit juice which raises the level of the meds in your system and everyday you can take less grapefruit juice so its not like your raising it in your blood level so high that your gonna have a worse situation on your hands. If you know what i mean. The est thing to do is to rememer how awful you felt when you went down last, and that if you take an extra pill you will be feeling like that again and again and you dont want that for yourself, so once you go down dont mess up like me, you gotta think if i mess up i gotta go through this hell again and my vitamins and all that arent going to work that well as i get used to them cause you build tollerance to basically anythingl. If you have xanac or clonipin or any benzos take that by all means how ever much you need just dont take too much to where your overdosing yourself. for our type of addict we have the tendency to think that our body can withstand a lot of stuff, and it can gut you want to go overboard. I saw this crazy guy on youtube talking about the ammount of over the counter meds you could take for withdrawal i felt like he was trying to kill people, and he even said "im not trying to kill anyone" well he was telling people to take 20 or 30 of the imodium no way dont that to yourself, you sholdnt be taking anything in that quantity thats dangerous. Back to the vitamins, dopa mucana that increases the dopamine in your brain and you need it, its the pleasure center of your brain that helps a lot with this hell we have to go through, unfortunately, Lglutamine i know i mentioned this before but this is good for cravings, blue green algae, cell food has a ph balanced brings your alkelinity of your body to 7.8 ph level which is the right ph level to be at, that helps, cell food makes good quality multi vitamin spray its small but it last a long time, and their dna rna repair formula, and also i find that milk thisle is good for the liver as well, the lobelia helps people stop smoking and smoking is hard to stop they said harder then heroin so therefore might as well think that it will help you with this too, glucosamine and condroiton for the bones and joints theres a cream and theres a vitamin help with join aches, if you can tramadol which isnt an opiate but acts on the receptors you just cant take it everyday or for two weeks staight or you get addicted to that but that helps a lot with withdrawal and its not an opiate but it acts on the same receptors so lets say the first few days you take it once you feel better you stop, i dont know about taking blood pressure meds by yourselff at home without being monitored that could be dangerous, grapefruit juice is good to have around, cause it does help, but you want to drink so much of it that your getting too much in your blood stream, thats reversing the progress. Wild green blue algae, an amino acid complex this is very important for the building blocks of the brain cause im sure while your gong through withdrawal you going to feel like you cant think your brain is struggling for words So the blue green algae its really good for your bones and it helped me taper and its good for your brain, and same thing with the amino acids that can help people so much who are addicts of any kind, because those amino acids get the brain back to functioning also siberian ginseng eulethero thats excellent for your brain to get back its feeling of normal. TMG is a very safe vitamin to take as an antidepressant. And its innexpensive. Scullcap valarien and kava kava, that all helps to relax you but the best thing for this is passionflower its even proven in double blind studies that addicts of our type some were given passionflower some were not he ones who were given passionflower were better off then the ones who didnt get it, so theres studies on that already. HYPNOSIS really helps infact im going to a hypnotist soon for the willpower, the motivation, the limmiting thoughts the constant thoughts and this person is also going to help me learn how to cope without pills, with pain, and agrivation, and anxiety, ericksonian hypnosis i would think is the best kind and there are addiction hypnotists who specialize in that, and they do EMDR, and also other techniques that are very powerful, and some of them if your lucky to find one that teaches you how to hypnotize yourself so when your in a situationw where you are in agony, your mind will control your body and the pain, and all of that, and if you can find a hypnotist that can do these things that are specialized in this, you can call the hynosis insitute or hypnosis association a lot of these are also psychologists that practice hypnosis those you can use your insurance. So i do believe in hypnosis. I was very close to success with previous hypnotitst therapist but i end up with an accident and surgery and then back on full amount of meds, that screwed up my situation. So try not to get in accidents that will cause you to need surgery dont go to the dentist, or to other painful processes, cause then your going to be right back where you started from. I pretty much stay away from everyone i know who is on some type of drugs or alcohol, and i stay away from those who are not on anything cause they always asking me for my meds.... then they talk behind my back about my problem while they are begging me for medicine! You have to change your friends, change your entire life, start fresh forget the past live for yoru goals and think about your goals for the future. Its never too late. If people tell you something negative dont listen and if someone trying to bring drama around you dont bother with that person you dont need agrivation as an excuse to take extra meds

You should seriously consider formatting your post in a way that is inviting to readers, this includes spacing, paragraphs, etc. There's no way people will be able to receive the message you're trying to convey, please review the OD Posting Standards.

You should seriously consider formatting your post in a way that is inviting to readers, this includes spacing, paragraphs, etc. There's no way people will be able to receive the message you're trying to convey, please review the OD Posting Standards.

yea i had to just skim it and read every other 5-9th line... with his 5 posts he has more characters than all of mine put together

So have you actually made an effort to quit yet or what?such a bull shit thread if you aren't making an effort. For your sake I hope you have or haven't. Give a shit

Taperingoff-this message from backroll was not meant for you. It was for the OP that began the thread with a title that is the complete opposite of what has been happening if you have followed the thread.

Tapering-once you get your format in a "more pleasant to the eye" state. I suggest getting your own thread going. You seem serious about quitting and there are some folks here that can really help. They were there when I needed advice. Donstatus is absolutely correct about subutex and suboxone. If I didn't need breakthrough meds for acute flare ups I would use subutex. It is great for pain and kicking opiates as well. Sorry but I don't know your goal because the gargantuan paragraph had me skimming and I might have missed parts of it.

surely you have some good OTC shit to wean off with up there in canada eh..?

Codeine? wean off with that...
I tried Diphenoxylate the other day when i was all out of drugs, i took 10 2.5 mg tablets and it releived all signs of wd, even caused a tad bit of euphoria(no analgesia though), if you can get your hands on that, it's better than Loperamide for wds.
good luck man do well.

Hi there, I'm on my 9th day of kicking Suboxone 12mg cold turkey, and my advice would be: find anything you can to distract yourself. Computer games and Youtube work well.

Also get some benzodiazepines beforehand as they will be a life saver later on.

get some valerian root. you can make it a s tea or just swallow some of them. lasts for like 10-15 min for me buts its well worth the relief. also some sleep aids...like nyquil trazadone....fuck if you can get your hands on some xanex, adivan or valuim you'll be styl'n. have you considered the thomas reciepe? im on day 6 and feel hella better.

you've gotta tinker off it man.. take less and less every third day.. don't take it to get high anymore only take enough to get rid of those nasty withdrawal symptoms. i'm going through something similar now with morphine sulfate oral solution. i used to take 120-180 mg per day for recreational use and that went on for about 2 months. i decided i didn't want keep digging my hole deeper when i discovered it was taking higher and higher doses to achieve the desired effects. i have an abundance of the stuff so you can imagine how hard it is to not keep getting messed up in the stuff lol.. anyway i'm to the point where i'm only taking 40mg every other day and in about a week i'll take that dose down to 30mg. i only take it now to just "be normal" and avoid withdrawal. and keeping away from getting high off it really makes me feel good about myself. lets me know i have strong will power. anyway good luck to you buddy!

wonder what a guy coming home after losing his legs or arms in battle would think of all this whimpering about how tough it is. they would trade this discomfort in a minute and smile about it. things can be worse, go to cancer ward. it is all motivation in the end. yes there are things that make it easier but in the end if the motivation is high the chance of success is high. works that way with anything. ever wonder about people who complain about no money for treatment after coming off an addiction that costs them 50-100 dollars a day or more for years. money wasn't a problem then, because motivation was high

wonder what a guy coming home after losing his legs or arms in battle would think of all this whimpering about how tough it is.

That attitude makes you sound like a total dick

Plus this thread is 2 years old.