• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Going to kick the opiates. This is my log. Please help with advice and encouragement

You probably mentioned this already but are you coming off pods or store bought seeds? One thing to be watchful about immodium is it can cause seizures in high doses, also I think it's pretty bad for you as far as opiates go, that is if you are taking it above the reccommended dose. I found it to be pretty handy for thr first few days of heroin withdrawal, definitely helped stop those nasty runs. Your dose is on the low side but just something to be mindful about if you decide to bomb a handful of them one day.

IMO your best to steer of other opiates if you can, immodium is probably sweet provided you don't just end up taking it for maintainance but going on suboxone and methadone isn't something anyone should take lightly, they are a godsend for anyone with an addiction that is out of control and but they can be a big back step for many people. Coming of methadone is unbelievabley brutal and bupe is bad for the fact it takes fucking forever, I had post acute withdrawal syndrome for 2+ months coming off it after 7 months of being on maintainence, it wore me so thin that i now I am doing pst's daily. A low dose but still, god dammit.

Exercise helps a lot in my experience, it helps with sleep and with rls and is a good distraction, same with hot baths.

Good luck man.

love you.

You probably mentioned this already but are you coming off pods or store bought seeds? One thing to be watchful about immodium is it can cause seizures in high doses, also I think it's pretty bad for you as far as opiates go, that is if you are taking it above the reccommended dose.

Citation please. You'll have to provide a citation for these claims.

Also, I'm coming off PST and it's been super easy. So easy I say fuck it tonight and actually dosed. Oh well.

Anyways, what's with the "I love you"? lol that's little bit wei - oh, wait... Cassandra? You're a chick. Owww lala, I apologize. I love you too baby. What's good mami? You can love me all you want. Where bouts ya from suger cakes?

i live over the road babe, im the tall, sexy, long legged, hairy as buff guy with the beard. haha im a dude dude, i just said that to see what you'd do seeing you fired up and burnt that other guy so bad. and im not gay but lets not get all homophobic in here eh? were all adults, all fine, young adult males.

anyway ill find the evidence for my claims about loperamide, ill post it up soon when i have more free time. you should wiki it in the mean time though and have a read.

im on 200g a day of store bought seed and my withdrawals are pretty good damn awful, about 10 hours after dosing i feel the wd start and by the 24 hour mark im pretty uncomfortable. ive been on opiates for nearly 2 years straight now; heroin, morphine etc > methadone > bupe > poppy tea so my body is well used to being pumped full of the shit and withdrawals take quite a while to run their course. when i was using h i could use daily for 2 weeks, stop and be done with withdrawals in 5 days without to much trouble, its much worse now. i think the immodium may be helping your withdrawals more than you think man, did you stop taking them and go cold turkey from everything to see how bad it was? id hate you to get back into pst and find you cant get back off it.

also do you have OTC codeine in canada? i know they dont have it in the states, i found that out the hard way. if you guys do you could do a cold water extraction on the pills to get the apap out of them and use that instead of lope, its not the best trade and has its problems and dangers but i doubt its as bad as lope and it works really well as a fast taper for getting of stronger opiates.

i live over the road babe, im the tall, sexy, long legged, hairy as buff guy with the beard. haha im a dude dude, i just said that to see what you'd do seeing you fired up and burnt that other guy so bad. and im not gay but lets not get all homophobic in here eh? were all adults, all fine, young adult males.

anyway ill find the evidence for my claims about loperamide, ill post it up soon when i have more free time. you should wiki it in the mean time though and have a read.

im on 200g a day of store bought seed and my withdrawals are pretty good damn awful, about 10 hours after dosing i feel the wd start and by the 24 hour mark im pretty uncomfortable. ive been on opiates for nearly 2 years straight now; heroin, morphine etc > methadone > bupe > poppy tea so my body is well used to being pumped full of the shit and withdrawals take quite a while to run their course. when i was using h i could use daily for 2 weeks, stop and be done with withdrawals in 5 days without to much trouble, its much worse now. i think the immodium may be helping your withdrawals more than you think man, did you stop taking them and go cold turkey from everything to see how bad it was? id hate you to get back into pst and find you cant get back off it.

also do you have OTC codeine in canada? i know they dont have it in the states, i found that out the hard way. if you guys do you could do a cold water extraction on the pills to get the apap out of them and use that instead of lope, its not the best trade and has its problems and dangers but i doubt its as bad as lope and it works really well as a fast taper for getting of stronger opiates.

200 grams? Damn man I take like a few kilograms.

Jesus, either your tolerance is massive, maybe just naturally or the seeds you're getting aren't great, have you tried different brands? I'm naturally fairly sensitive to opiates, 200gm is a pretty small dose by most people standards but if I triple wash them I get a small buzz and it holds me well enough to get through my day. Most people do at least 400gms that I know some do far more but Jesus a few kilos is nuts, just drinking it must be a real ordeal.

Jesus, either your tolerance is massive, maybe just naturally or the seeds you're getting aren't great, have you tried different brands? I'm naturally fairly sensitive to opiates, 200mg is a pretty small dose by most people standards but if I triple wash them I get a small buzz and it holds me well enough to get through my day. Most people do at least 400gms that I know some do far more but Jesus a few kilos is nuts, just drinking it must be a real ordeal.

lmao yeah I'm sitting right here with an entire pitcher of tea. I bought somewhere between 2-3 kilos today. It costed just under <no price discussion> I buy them in bulk at <no sourcing>. I use them so much they have to constantly refill them. The potency varies dramatically. Sometimes one kilo can do me in good. The potency is easily detemined just through the way the tea looks and smells if you have enough experience. I would consider the seeds I'm using right now to be moderately potent. Not duds, but nothing great either.

There's never a time when I was able to get any sort of buzz off of 200mg.I make them using a massive 3.75 liter juice container. I always wash them once - never more. After that they get yucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christ that is a lot to spend on seeds, I spend just over a tenth of that a day. The only reason I use seeds is because they're so cheap, the return I get for the money I pay makes it worthwhile, I could stay high all week on seeds for what I would pay for a .1 of h here.

Also how do you wash your seeds? The way I've come to do means the 3rd wash tastes the best. I'm guessing you steep the seeds for 30 min or so in the water/juice, strain then drink? I chuck mine in a big juice bottle with just enough warm-hot water to cover the seeds then I shake the shit out of them for 2-3 min, strain, repeat. I get better returns, it tastes better and it's way faster. Steeping it allows the seeds to absorb some of the tea and also gives the tea that oily perfume taste which I assume is the fats from inside the seed that seep out if steeped.

Anyway I'm derailing this, this is about getting clean not high. Dont forget the reasons you wanted to get clean man, not having the burden of drug addiction in your life is a great thing. And I still need to post a link for the lope info, I'll try and do it at lunch.

Korey, I'm really looking forward to the post where you explain how you didn't take any today.
You're worrying me babe.

Korey, I'm really looking forward to the post where you explain how you didn't take any today.
You're worrying me babe.
^this. No judgement or anything but this thread has become more of a, what have i done to get high today thread rather than the struggles of withdrawal lol.

Christ that is a lot to spend on seeds, I spend just over a tenth of that a day. The only reason I use seeds is because they're so cheap, the return I get for the money I pay makes it worthwhile, I could stay high all week on seeds for what I would pay for a .1 of h here.

Also how do you wash your seeds? The way I've come to do means the 3rd wash tastes the best. I'm guessing you steep the seeds for 30 min or so in the water/juice, strain then drink? I chuck mine in a big juice bottle with just enough warm-hot water to cover the seeds then I shake the shit out of them for 2-3 min, strain, repeat. I get better returns, it tastes better and it's way faster. Steeping it allows the seeds to absorb some of the tea and also gives the tea that oily perfume taste which I assume is the fats from inside the seed that seep out if steeped.

Anyway I'm derailing this, this is about getting clean not high. Dont forget the reasons you wanted to get clean man, not having the burden of drug addiction in your life is a great thing. And I still need to post a link for the lope info, I'll try and do it at lunch.

Yes it certainly is a lot. When I was working a month and a half ago it I could maintain it cause I had a cashflow. Now I'm worried my money will dwindle to nothing lol

And yes I wash the seeds pretty much exactly how you described in your first example. I shake and wash them so effectively that I just don't see how washing them a second or third time would help. I figure just about everything is picked up the first time around. The next attempt I doubt would yeild really anything. Plus I'm working with so much, three washes would equal to three pitchers worth of liquid lmao imagine that!

Also, I only tried h for the first time like 4 months ago. It was pretty uneventful because my PSt tolerance was so damn high. I have no other connects for that right now. I used to do morphine sulfate pills daily. At this point though I wouldn't even want to think about how much oxy or morphine I'd need to take to equate to my PST tolerance.

And don't worry about deraling my post. S'all good my nigga.

Well, to the latter two posters, I unfortunately did dose today, and a high recreational one at that. I guess after I discovered how amazing loperamide is for withdrawls (literally eliminating them completely) it took away almost any concern about my addiction, which is a drawback in it's own way. I still want to get off it and use it only once in a blue moon though. It's just another attachment that I need to rid myself of.

I have some phenibut on it's way and I am a first timer with that so I am excited to begin experimenting with that. Also, I am a big hip hop and battle rap fan. There is a massive battle rap pay-per view that the King of the Dot league is running. It's a massive annual mega event called World Domination (3). I'm ordering it this weekend. I need to start doing things I enjoy and get out there looking for more work. It's no fun being anchored down by opiate addiction.

Also, I'm attending a Zen retreat at a Toronto temple that I occasionally frequent in about ten days from now. I certainly will not want to be high for that and will almost certainly need to bring loperamide. Compared to traditional sesshins, this one is quite short and is only a full day. But it is an overnight thing and I do not want to have to run to the potty regularly. It will deter my practice. It has negatively impacted my zazen practice as well. It's not good to meditate while high. It does sometimes make it easier, but that is a drawback, because you begin to rely on the drug for practice. I've been practicing for enough years that I still have no problem pushing myself to sit while sober, but it does have an impact when I'm sitting all the time when high. Also sometimes I am nodding out for the entire 30 min or so which obviously is no good. In general, any Buddhist will tell you taking drugs to enhance meditation is retarded and completely defeats the purpose, but it's better to go on with my daily sitting anyways than to skip it. I don't take drugs for meditaion, but rather take them and unfortunately am still high when it's time for my regular sitting practice. And anyone who understands Zen will also know the importance of limiting your attachments. There's no question that my zazen practice has allowed me to see how becoming entangled in this mess effects all sorts of other things in the process.

Awww fuck i have a temple-throbbing headache!!!! Somebody help!!!! Somevody fuckin heeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!!!

Benadryl with Advil works great for those types of headaches IMHO.

Ok im new here, Im also trying to get off percocet i was successful at going down from 100mg -50mg 5 10/235 per day, but then all i could think about was the pills, the only way i did that was repeatedly putting myself to sleep, and just sleeping for 3 days straight, and then it was pretty rough, but i took passionflower extract which I do believe helped me, I take dopa mucana, LTyrosine B6, Bacopa, nux vomitica (for nauseas) and i take L gluatamine for cravings and N Acetyl Cystene for getting rid of the tylenol from my liver plus its supposed to have some benedifts to compulisive behavior and being addicted is a compulsive behiavior the NAC it stops you from biting your nails, I dont know how but reaseach has found it to be helpful with compulsion etc and it also cleans your liver out. I take ginger, I take a lot of vitamins and hollistic remedies, waking up in the morning is the hardest part. Eventhough last month i got to 5 pills, my whole day was consisted around taking a pill every hour for 10 hours i took ten a day, i ddint how to live with 5, and if i got agrivated id take extra and then i ended up at 70mg percocet, im trying to go to down to 6 6/1 now. And it seems i got used to the passion flower and its not working as it did before, so i guess you can grow tollerance to even an herb atleast thats not addictive, I take xanax and clonaxepam whatever kind i can get my hands on because that really helps to get off the damn percocet, i was thinking to check myself in to a hospital due to my problem, but i called and i have been seeing what other people say about how they cant get off suboxone the withdrawal is worse, I live in new york, I would be in a terrible environment. Ive gone to rehab before for this stupid problem, they failed to tell me that i would feel like shit when i got home, and that i wouldnt be able to thing at all, and would be outo f it for a while, so i found a refill to vicodin at the time and then taking my first pill i felt totally normal, at that time i was still able to do things, work, etc, once it got to this point where it went up a lot, its been very hard to deal with it, and that damn mind of mine keeps getting in my way telling me oh you can take a little bit more its ok, i have to fight that part of my brain or everytime im agrviated i thik automatically to take medicine, that is very sick i know that. Thats why im here, because i want to talk to others who have a problem, like mine who understands how hard it is to go through all this, anyway ive been isolated all year in my house which is typical i cant even visit people because i have to worry about whether i have enough pills to make it through the week, it sucks, this is not a way of living, my mom is really disapointed in ne etc. I do have appt for hypnosis im hoping that will work with coping skills and this particular person teaches you how to hypnotize yourself as well and thats something ny mom did in the past she went to a hypnotist when she was having problems but not related to drugs, but other problems, and she also was taught self hypnosis,.... so i think that might help with coping not taking pills when i dont phyiscally need them. So im trying to taper off ive tried before ive only been able to go halfway and then something happens an injurty pain agrviation something happens and it makes me go back up im glad i didnt go back up to the full amount. Thankfully. Because i was prior to this taking as many meds as i want without keeping track and i would be running out of the percocet and need an earlier script or had to make excuses like "oh my pills fell in the sink" or " i left my pills at a friends house far away when i was visiting" one time someone i let stay with me stole my pills, and people are always asking me for them, i hate that. Its like they want to get high off of it, and i am here trying to get off of it, dont they realize that they dont want to end up in my situation, i was originally given this medicine for pain, reasons very bad pain, and it just kept increasing in dose, and it got to a point where i was taking it whenever i felt like it, and once it got to around 10 11 a day, i would bget withdrawal symptoms every morning no matter what, and that still happens to me even though im tapering,.

I know theres a lotof drs and b.s artists, who want to make you think you cant do this on your own, and thats what i thought in the past, but I watched a lot of youtube videos of people talking about how they tapered themselves off of percocet etc or any opiates. Some even show what its like day 1 - day 16 to go cold turkey i dont even know how they upload or make a video while your in that situation. I would be totally a mess. Ill tell my entire list of vitamins and supplements that help me with my witdrawals, but #1 is defintiely Passionflower extract in a liquid form, its really unbelievable. Thats what helped me go down from 10-5. So i cant tell you how helpful that is. If you really want to get off this stufff. I never thought that id be on this stuff for this long a period of time and loose so much of my time to this situation. But i cant think like that. I also tried that poppy seed tea, and it doees mildly work, i did get popy seeds yesterday so its interesting you mention that. I havent needed poppyseed tea though since the passionflower extract, and they have also something called wild oats thats said to really help also with getting off opiatesl Theres a lot of vitamins and supplements that help atleast i noticed that, you still will be in pain but its not that bad. with the vitamins, i know the thomas recipe with the ltyrosine and b6 but i added a lot of vitamins to my own recipe. And they do work, the biggest battle is the mind. Thats what i need hypnosis for, for Gods sake i had a dreeam well nightmare i dont know, that all the pills fell down and i couldnt get them. Thats what i would dream about when i tried to quit cigarettes, i would dream about cigarettes, its hard to go through the day without thinkking all the time about it. I try to distract myself, but its hard, and if someone upsets me i have no coping skills anymore so i dont know how to cope with that without pills. So its terrible situation. If i knew i could go down half like that, and thats only after i read someone went down from 30 pills to 8 and then went slowly down from there, so i said if he could do it i could do it and i did go down hallf but i ended up in between half and the full dose, so im still going tdown now slowly. because that was very painful. If someone told me that this would happen I would have rathered the pain i was in at the time then this kind of pain killers.

If you wanna do it on your own then you have to taper slowly. Give your body time to adjust to the new dose before lowering it again. Say you take 5 pills. Take 4.5 pills instead for a week or two. Maybe longer. It depends on you and your body.

When you are feeling comfterble with 4.5 pills take another 1/2 off. So you will be on 4 pills a day. Do this till you are comfy.

When you get down to the last few knock off 1/4 of the pill. So say your at 2.5. Then break the .5 pill in half to have 1/4 pill dosage.

Do this till you are down to nothing.

Also I don't know if you are comfterble with taking something for anxiety but talk to your dr about what you can do to help stop anxiety if you get it.

You are taking the first big step in wanting to quit.

I know you can do it. It just takes time. You did no acquire your addiction/ dependancy over night. So it will take some time for your body to get back to normal.
Also there are guides you can research online. One I think it's roberts guide. Some people have a lot of luck with it.

Take care and be strong.