• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

Hi, I'm just curious if anyone can provide me with some concrete guidance? IF one were to use neurontin recreationally, how would one go about it? How much would you take, and how far apart would you space the doses? Would you use soda OR energy drinks? Or both? Would you eat before you dosed or after? Or during? What about Aleve, or any other additives to enhance the experience? And after your "trip" how many days would you wait to do it again? All this is purely hypothetical of course...just as a discussion between intellectuals...;)

You need to give it at LEAST two days to get the nice, fuzzy feelings...because the tolerance to this builds FAST. Using some diet coke, or Red Bull helps a lot, as does staggering the doses. Eating doesn't affect anything for me, but I have heard that absorption is increased by s light protein snack, so get a slimjim or something in you before you take them.

Well, I love gabapentin, I take it recreationally, and my only issue is that I have to wait a few days to get the same feelings. But please go and read up on gabapentin withdrawal before you start chugging the pills.

EP - thank you. You brought to my attention that I was wasting pills!

My routine:
eat 300mg every 10 minutes and wash it down with some soda (carbonated) also take 2 aleve or similar pills... I do this until I finally consume around 4800mg .... do this and tell me it isn't worth a damn !!

Can anybody explain why soda and aleve (or any other anti-inflammatory) would potentiate the effects of gabapentin? I have been trying it along with staggering my dose for the first time (before I always took 9.6 gram doses six hours apart) and I have noticed a much more desirable effect. After doing much reading on this thread I understand how staggering lower doses is infinitely more effective, but I still don't understand the soda and aleve components. Would something like grapefruit juice also be effective? Any help understanding this would be appreciated.

Last I heard the mechanism of action of gabapentin was unknown. Obviously for pain relief a NSAID would help it. It is taken up quickly (affecting absorption wouldn't be a big factor) and it is excreted renally so grapefruit juice inhibiting hepatic metoblism via CYP-3A4 wouldn't make a difference.

The more you take gabapentin like 1200mg and more I'm telling you by experience you're gonna sleep like a baby.You won't have the time to enjoy it cause you're gonna fall asleep

Last edited:
i found pregabalin to be a brilliant pain killer when i had a trapped nerve in my neck/shoulder area. Also it potentiates the hypnotic effect of benzos massively. Im currently coming off bupe, and find that it helps a lot with the general feeling of shittyness that entails. Ive taken it 2 days in a row now, and ive never exceeded that before as i dont want a 3rd dependency.

In the past ive taken 5 or 6 75 mg pregabalin pills and found the experience to feel like a mild but scary bad trip. One taken on its own with no other problems or drugs just boosts mood IME.

The more you take gabapentin like 1200mg and more I'm telling you by experience you're gonna sleep like a baby.You won't have the time to enjoy it cause you're gonna fall asleep

I think this is quite different from individual to individual. I have taken doses substantially larger than 1200 mg and had no trouble staying awake. In fact, I find a healthy dose of gabapentin to be quite energizing. I can sleep if I want to, but I rarely want to as things seem infinitely more interesting. I do find that I sleep quite well when the dose wears off a bit. My wife, on the other hand, can take 300 mg and will be unable to function much less stay awake. Needless to say, she is not a fan.

Gabapentin is excellent for opiate withdrawal, and very soothing with cannabis. I take it as prescribed for chronic pain. The first time I took it (1200mg), along with my medical cannabis, I had strong waves of euphoria for about 2 hours, followed by a very satisfying sleep. Used alone it rid me of any anxiety and offered a mood lift. To echo others, tolerance builds very quickly, so the waves of euphoria turned into decent pain relief soon after my initial experience.

If you are expecting a narcotic painkiller feel from neurontin, you are going to be disappointed. In my opinion the feeling is utterly different and completely inferior to narcotic painkillers (I used/was prescribed narcotic pain pills for 10 years). The feeling is closer to Ultracet or Ultram, IME.

I haven't tried Lyrica yet, but I'm looking forward to it as I've heard so many good things about it.

SWIM wants to know if he took 800mg of gabbapentin if he can take 250mg of diphenhydramine?

Welcome to Bluelight.
Please don't use Swim. It is against the forum rules and does not help in any way.
Why would you want to take so much DPH to begin with? The deliriant effects at higher doses are very unpleasant and can be dangerous as it lowers the seizure threshold. Or do you have a tolerance to DPH and want to use it for sleep?

Don't know about the combo though but I would avoid the Diphenhydramine. Gabapentin helps great with sleep too.

My patent pending routine

0hr - 1 aleve / .25 protein bar / 400mg GABA / Mountain Dew
.20hr - .25 protein bar. / 400mg GABA / soda
.40hr - 400mg GABA / soda
1hr - .5 aleve / .25 protein bar / 400 mg GABA / soda

I repeat this every hour until I reach around 5,600mg of GABA ... I have experience ! IMO it's like being on 20mg amphetamine salt and 15mg oc without any tolerance***

Thanks for a useful post! I have a couple of these lying around and I thought they were useless. Am in hydro w/ds at the moment this info showed up right on time. Wonder how long the effects last?

Gabapentin will help with your withdrawl symptoms. The half-life is about 4-8 hours.

Thanks. I took one so far with a Pepsi, about 1 to 2 hours ago. If I remember right these are 300mg. Broke in half and then broke into pieces with my teeth before swallowing. They taste bad but I didn't want to go thru the trouble of making a parachute due to lethargy, apathy, and general laziness.

The effect is not too shabby - don't quite want to get up and get shit done but don't feel horrible either.. w/d symptoms much improved in general and mood lifted. My stomach still feels fked up but there's lomotil for that. About to take another gabapentin. Too bad I don't have naproxen on hand to give that a shot as well. Will def have to acquire more of these.

Careful not to use GBP too much - it has a nasty addiction that comes along with it. I've seen many people cross over to GBP from benzos and have an even harder time getting off of the GBP.

It does work in a pinch though for a few days.

Took the other pill and my w/ds were quite tolerable today. Still feeling a bit of energy and was able to deal with the kids, no prob. Kids can send you spinning in to orbit with a quickness when going through w/ds! This is not acceptable - I have to function. Thinking of getting a few of these to keep around for, like you said, in a pinch. Not effective enough to create a desire for daily use, and I personally detest benzos, but this was def a pleasant surprise.

Very glad to have this site. Thanks.

Careful not to use GBP too much - it has a nasty addiction that comes along with it. I've seen many people cross over to GBP from benzos and have an even harder time getting off of the GBP.

It does work in a pinch though for a few days.

QTF. Just today I was talking to a friend about how gabapentin is fucking horrible. I have stopped meth, coke, heroin, OC, fentanyl, xanax, klonopin, etc. and although it was very difficult sometimes, gabapentin is a drug I have decided I will no longer try to quit after over 9 yrs on it. I can't quit, and the w/d never stops. I have still felt bad after a month being off of subs, tramadol, or klonopin - but it's okay by that point. After a month, gabapentin still doesn't let up at all.