• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Gabapentin Megathread

Excuse me Ergicmergic, it is not so that pregabalin/gabapentin ups GABA levels in the brain its more the opposite so when you read about these two drugs then you will see that pregabalin lowers the amount of neurotransmitters called Substance P, Glutamate, nor adrenaline and GABA is also lower. I bet that there are more neurotransmitters involved with pregabalin administration, because recreationally why can a dose of lyrica make us feel good so maybe dopamine is also involved.
In studies with pregabalin it was seen that continuous pregabalin administration causes the density of GABA receptors to become higher in that case less GABA can do a better job or better said the preferred job when pregabalin especially would be prescribed more for GAD in the US. For fybromyalgia its prescribed in the US with mixed success, but mainly for those people who start pregabalin and relief is present then this relief extent is higher then 50% in 50% and more cases i read about.
Like mentioned already pregabalin/gabapentin both have a strong interaction with benzo's so for example when you take say 30 mg diazepam before taking pregabalin then with pregabalin 10 mg diazepam can show to be plenty so i would even go as far to say to try 5 mg with pregabalin to see this works out and from there the proper dose can be found. I am not sure about gabapentin, but pregabalin can effectively suppress a benzo withdrawal and i suppose gabapentin too in a high enough dose.
What's more ehh slamming that means injecting right, but why would anybody want to inject lyrica when the bio availability is already higher then 90% taken orally, but i suppose the faster onset of action is desired only in my case taking pregabalin orally takes about 3 hours before effect is good enough, i take my prescribed 900 mg always in one go.
In the beginning feeling the pregabalin high at first and i love it, but day 3 900 mg needed day 4 already 1,500 mg and before i knew it i was taking 3 grams a day sometimes more, but nothing interesting to feel then i started taking what i am allowed to and in about a week the 900 mg could be felt coming from 3 grams in one step, no withdrawals though.

I'm about to start taking pregabalin instead of gabapentin again, for severe neuropathy. I just recently started taking clonazepam again, 2mg twice a day, so 2mg twice, about 8-10 hours apart.
I guess my question is, does anyone here have any experience mixing the two, and how much is the pregabalin going to potentiate the clonazepam? I will be taking 150mg pregabalin 3x/day. So, how strong will the clonazepam be at this dose? Is there a way to find out? Will the 4mg end up feeling like 5, or maybe 6mg?
I'm sure you all see where I'm coming from. I also take 400mg tramadol/day, and will be starting on another pain medication soon, a stronger one. I am currently tapering off methadone because I just had major surgery, but they still don't have a problem with me being on pain meds, because tramadol does NOT cut it. And methadone is a terrible, worthless painkiller.
But anyhow, my main question is: How strong will the clonazepam end up feeling, dosage-wise?

I took this medicine 3x300mg 3 times daily for 4 weeks. Since I discontinued it I've suffered horrible symptoms, vision problems, muscle cramps, neuropathy (the pain is the worst I have ever felt, it feels like fire inside me), hypersensitivty, anxiety, insomnia etc etc. I've been bed-ridden for half a year and there is simply no sign of these symptoms ever disappearing. Can anyone who has gotten off this horrible poison tell me if it will ever end? Because if this is how it's gonna be from now on, I don't see any point in living anymore.

Toz, although gabapentin is a great drug for many purposes, it causes dependence. I have done every drug under the sun, and been addicted to all kinds of drugs (I used to be a junkie). I have said for a long time, that gabapentin has fucking HORRIBLE withdrawal symptoms that just never seem to end, until I get more of the drug. I have been on either gabapentin or pregabalin (Lyrica) or sometimes both since 2004, and I don't see myself ever getting off them. The withdrawl is like benzodiazepine & opiate withdrawal together. And the higher the dose you're prescribed, the worse it is. I was prescribed OVER the maximum amount that doctors are supposed to prescribe for a long time - 800mg 4x/day (3200mg). It worked for my neuropathy, helped with anxiety, and even helped with depression and bi-polar symptoms. But I have tried to quit several times, and after several days, I was back at the pharmacy in horrible withdrawal anxiously awaiting my refill. It's fucked up.
So are you saying you were taking 300mg 3 times a day, or 900mg 3 times a day? The way you wrote out your dose is confusing. Either way, you are getting severe symptoms, and you need to go to a doctor and tell him or her what happened. You may need the stuff from this day forward. Or maybe even bring up pregabalin (Lyrica), which is basically gabapentin's big brother, and it works much better. All the best to you, and I hope you get to feeling better. I've been there, man. It sucks.

Toz, although gabapentin is a great drug for many purposes, it causes dependence. I have done every drug under the sun, and been addicted to all kinds of drugs (I used to be a junkie). I have said for a long time, that gabapentin has fucking HORRIBLE withdrawal symptoms that just never seem to end, until I get more of the drug. I have been on either gabapentin or pregabalin (Lyrica) or sometimes both since 2004, and I don't see myself ever getting off them. The withdrawl is like benzodiazepine & opiate withdrawal together. And the higher the dose you're prescribed, the worse it is. I was prescribed OVER the maximum amount that doctors are supposed to prescribe for a long time - 800mg 4x/day (3200mg). It worked for my neuropathy, helped with anxiety, and even helped with depression and bi-polar symptoms. But I have tried to quit several times, and after several days, I was back at the pharmacy in horrible withdrawal anxiously awaiting my refill. It's fucked up.
So are you saying you were taking 300mg 3 times a day, or 900mg 3 times a day? The way you wrote out your dose is confusing. Either way, you are getting severe symptoms, and you need to go to a doctor and tell him or her what happened. You may need the stuff from this day forward. Or maybe even bring up pregabalin (Lyrica), which is basically gabapentin's big brother, and it works much better. All the best to you, and I hope you get to feeling better. I've been there, man. It sucks.

I took 900mg 4 times daily. I do not want to start taking it again, I've been without it for half a fucking year I mean how much longer could this crap possibly go on? On the worst days I do opiates like morphine/heroin etc but not even that takes away the pain of withdrawal completely (still!). I got it for subutex and benzo withdrawal, wanted to quit both, wanted something non (or at least less) addicting to help with withdrawal. Well I got off both, instead I got addicted to this horrible shit that was supposed to be "less addicting" than benzos/opiates. I used them for 4 fucking weeks. FOUR WEEKS, any other drug taken for such a short time would not give more than a week of misery, at most. I stopped taking them as soon as I felt uncomfortable without them. And still I'm suffering now half a year later...

I traded 2 bad addictions for one from hell.

fucking unbelievable

^^something isnt adding up here...TOZ, you mean to say you took gabapentin at 900 mgs a day for 4 weeks or you took more than that(3600 mgs/day) for the 4 weeks?you then said you have been off of it for a half a year and still have withdrawal symptoms??i find that very hard to believe, im not calling you a liar i just think you typed your post out wrong...ive never had withdrawals from gabapentin but then again i take much smaller doses..

^ I agree, in my opinion it isn't possible to suffer from withdrawl symptoms 6 months after the last dose. Gabapentin has a relatively short half-life. Did you take into consideration that maybe your neuropathy just came back and the symptoms are more intense? This plus the PAWS after being dependent on Benzos and Opiates? Just guessing here because I cannot imagine that the Neurontin is the culprit after half a year of abstinence.

While 4 weeks really is not long, the dose Toz was prescribed is a very large one so the rebound from that (if someone is prone to Gabapentin WDs), could be pretty bad but not that long.

^ I agree, in my opinion it isn't possible to suffer from withdrawl symptoms 6 months after the last dose. Gabapentin has a relatively short half-life. Did you take into consideration that maybe your neuropathy just came back and the symptoms are more intense? This plus the PAWS after being dependent on Benzos and Opiates? Just guessing here because I cannot imagine that the Neurontin is the culprit after half a year of abstinence.

While 4 weeks really is not long, the dose Toz was prescribed is a very large one so the rebound from that (if someone is prone to Gabapentin WDs), could be pretty bad but not that long.

I have taken both benzos and opiates, same doses as I used to (and higher), that offered me very little relief. None of them are the problem. These symptoms appeared after discontinuing the neurontin, not the benzos and opiates. I very much know how these withdrawal feels like.

I got no sleep tonight, pain is so bad, if I don't fall asleep within 10minutes the skin on the side I'm laying down on will burn so badly sleep will be impossible.

I googled neurontin withdrawal and found people had the same symptoms as me, some for about as long and some for even longer. But most of them had been on neurontin for years.

^^what does your doctor recommend you do?your experience sounds like a very extreme reaction to the drug..id almost bet your doctor is shaking his head at this situation..

Believe me, people, gabapentin withdrawal can be as bad as it gets. But I've been on it 8 years...not 4 weeks. So, I tend to think there is some sort of issue with neuropathy, possibly fibromyalgia, MS, or a nerve disease of sorts. I'm having to have lots of tests done because after almost 6 years of being diagnosed with "fibromyalgia", they now think that i have a hereditary nerve disease, because of my severe symptoms.

One thing that I've learned from Gabapentin is that like buprenorphine, in the long run, you're going to be more satisfied with low dosages than high ones.

Wen I was prescribed it initially, I took 300mg in the morning, and 300mg in the evening. I did that for a week, and got a continuous anxiolytic effect with some definate mood-boosting flavor.

However, being the drug pig I was, I decided to start taking higher dosages. While it did get me more fucked up for a few days, I ended up ruining a medication that had been helping me so much. The thing is, it takes no time for tolerance to Gabapentin to develop, but it takes forever for it to go back down. Luckily, I ended up giving up on taking it all together, as doses exceeding 3g's didn't provide more than any dose below that amount. I quit for about two months, and eventually my tolerance went back to baseline, though I unfortunately seemed to have lost all taste for the stuff by then.

For those of you taking such megadoses, remember, the more you take past 1.5 grams, the less is absorbed.

Let's be honest.... I have 5 300mg pills, so 1500mg in total of gabapentin. If i take this dose, am I really going to feel much of anything ? I've only ever taken it once sometime last week at and took 300mg first, then another two 300mg doses staggered a couple hours later. I was coming down from 4-FA though so wasn't expecting to feel much, just maybe lighten the comedown.

But being completely sober, should I expect anything ?

I have a prescription for Gabapentin, and some days I'll take 4200MG's with melatonin. I then wait 30 minuets, and when I can really feel it's effects I smoke a cigarette and it literally makes the relaxation effect of Gabapentin 10X stronger. When I do this, I smoke the whole cigarette, climb into bed and I'm literally asleep before my head hits the pillow.

Hmm well I'll have to try taking it then, I see no harm from trying. I don't smoke cigarettes but seeing as I have zero tolerance my dose should be adequate.

Does anyone know how long you should stop taking neurotin to be able to feel it again? My tolerance is way built up and i miss the feeling

Well honestly, I took that 1500mg last night and it just gave anxiety. Was made very aware of my heart beating in my chest and could feel it pulsing the whole night. Other than that, nothing.

It actually makes opiates kind of enjoyable! .....
Pregabalin is pretty much like gabapentin except much more fun in every way.

Word. Pega ballin' yo'...lmfao! No seriously though, I've taken both and prega is the way I be ballin' now. That is that.