• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Fuck worried I might have HIV

xtcxtc said:
FoxyKel & Angelight using a condom will only reduce the chances by a factor of 10 so you still might catch HIV. perhaps you should give up sex altogether.

Is this anecdotal evidence, or would you care to provide a source?

xtcxtc:
more ignorance ( you have lots of company ). you gamble with your life every time you hop in a car or a plane, and in various other situations.

wtf? you sound like your making excuses for catching HIV?

would you get in the car if you knew you would crash and die?

stop making catching HIV sound like a 'fact of life'

question: IF you knew a girl had HIV but she wanted to sleep with you would you?

xtcxtc said:
more ignorance ( you have lots of company ). you gamble with your life every time you hop in a car or a plane, and in various other situations.

Yes but haven't you heard of risk minimisation?

And if you do get it, well won't you be the one with the regrets...

Yes I gamble with my life every time I get in a car, but I also put on my seat belt as a form of added precaution, just like I make a man who's sexual history I am unaware of put a rubber on his cock before he fucks me.

To choose not to practice safe sex with another person who also choses the same, fine, each to their own - to pressure people into having unsafe sex with you and to "refuse" to have sex with someone because they want to be protected is nothing short of lame and arrogant. With an attitude like that, I certainly wouldn't want you between my thighs.

Run along now and catch an STD off one of the whores (my apologies - 'angels') you've posted pictures of in the gallery. Heaven knows that anyone who trusts their health to Doctor Google probably deserves it.

Edit: spelling.

Last edited:
Answer to the first post (too lazy to copy and paste)
When it comes to testing for HIV, I definitely wouldn't do it for myself... I know you can live much longer when you have treatment but I think I'd prefer to live in blissful ignorance until I got AIDS. But one thing I would never, ever be able to live with is knowing that I'd given the disease to someone else... Especially if it was someone I cared about. So, in my opinion, everybody who might have been exposed to HIV should get tested, no matter how small the chances are... it's the only way to get rid of the disease.

Fuck, what is the world coming too?

xtcxtc said:
FoxyKel & Angelight using a condom will only reduce the chances by a factor of 10 so you still might catch HIV. perhaps you should give up sex altogether.

ok, i peronally am not going to give up sex all together. I happen to be in a monogomous relationship...we have both been tested and are both STD free.

If i wasn't in a mono relationship i would STILL USE A CONDOM. HIV isn't the only STD, and frankly i am not into getting herpes, worts, chlym. or any other STD. I think protecting yourself is important...and well i don't care if there is a .01 chance that i could contract HIV by having unprotected sex. The bottom line is having sex with a condom is SAFER...no matter what way you look at it.

just my personal opinion.

Last edited:
Re: The logic of irrational fear

xtcxtc said:
my guess would be it is not chlamydia causing same but NEITHER is it HIV. [/B]
It is Chlamydia, I got the results back. I'm going in for a new drug treatment to try and get rid of it. It has got so much worse since taking the meds they originally gave me - pretty nasty now 8(

True, hiv is NOT easy to get, for men exspecially unless you have anal sex(the receiver) - then it is alot easier because of the tearing that can happen.
My friend contracted HIV a few years ago, she was a adult film actress and had alot of sex outside of film to - she went on for years untill she did a anal gangbang and thats where she contracted it. The infection has to go directly into your blood stream either from infected blood or infected bodily fliuids, but it has to get in on some cut or something.
Please get tested, everyone. Chances are you dont have it but if you do its better to know.;)

I'm glad you got the treatment you need, kakana and I hope you are feeling better soon.

girl rollin said:
. The infection has to go directly into your blood stream either from infected blood or infected bodily fliuids, but it has to get in on some cut or something.

That is a very dangerous misconception - you can MOST DEFINITELY absorb the virus through your mucus membranes - i.e. the inside of your vagina or mouth. Direct contact with the bloodstream is a more efficient mode of transmission - but by no means is it the only way to get the virus.

--- G.

this thread makes me happy. so many people are being safe! way to go everyone!!!

mobius said:
Its my understanding that testing for HIV is impossible, and what 'they' look for is a concomitant decrease in WBC which has lead to many being falsely diagnosed. Any comments??

this is kind of true...

HIV tests look for specific antibodies to HIV rather than HIV itself. This typical of most viral tests because the body's response to infection is typically much greater and easier to detect than the virus itself.

Often this belief in false positives is from the stringent requirements used at blood banks. At most places every blood sample is tested to see if it reacts to a test to an HIV antibody. Freqently blood will react to this test regardless if it is actually infected. This test should find ALL HIV positive blood but will also react to some non-infected blood. A second test typically confirms whether HIV is actually there (western blot), but regardless, if blood fails that first test, it will not be included in the blood pool (this is the blood authorities erring on the safe side - and rightly so)

HIV tests are accurate 99.5%+ percent of the time. Each sample is tested at least twice using different methods. The most common occurance of false diagnosis comes from children born to HIV positive mothers. They will have these HIV antibodies but will not have HIV itself. A second (more in depth) test called a viral load is needed. Viral loads test for the amount of HIV-RNA is present in the blood. Typically this test is used for people who are entering HIV/AIDS treatments in order to track how the treatment is working.

Kakana - way to be brave and get tested. It is very scary, but you've done the right thing. ::crosses fingers::

^^^ Cheers.

I called up yesterday for the results, but got the phoneline hours wrong. The I called up today and they don't have the results yet! I was so anxious. I really thought I might have a panic attack just holding the phone, I could only just speak.

Why don't they have the results yet? They should have had them yesterday. I can't help thinking that maybe they are delayed because they are have come back positive and they are double checking 8:)\

I'm absolutely shitting it now, I gotta phone up tomorrow I seriously don't know if I can do it. My heart feels like its gonna explode when I phone them, and then when they are checking on the computer I hear them tapping and then can't breath.

I am being checked for Hep B and C too. Both of which are even more contagious I think. Well, B is definately, 100 times more so I read. Fucking hell, I might have all 3!

Please hope for me that I don't have any disease, I am so scared :(

kakana for your own sake try to return to a more rational state. the probability you have any of those diseases is very small.

Yeah, sorry. I know I'm being dramatic, but I've got this anxiety condition at the moment and theres so much stuff in my life it is just the last straw, you know? It's really getting to me and when I have to phone my body goes into a panic.

Also I did get Chlamydia, so these things do happen. Luckerly that has cleared now.

As far as having Hep-C is concerned I have had it for more than 20 years and Im perfectly healthy. Not everyone gets sick with this disease. I just look after myself, dont drink alcohol and eat a healthy diet. Its not a death sentence, believe me.

kennyseven

I know how you feel, kakana... I had a test done a few weeks ago. Luckily it was negative, but it is hell not knowing.
Hope everything goes well for you *hugs*