• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Fuck worried I might have HIV

irrational fear sucks, but misconceptions are worse

xtcxtc- I'm not going to hijack this guy's thread and I agree with ML that you could have worded what you said a bit better. I merely told the original poster to get tested as a precaution. In fact, here's what I said verbatim:

Please, do yourself and your partners a huge favor and get tested. I do agree that the chance is small that you were infected, but it's better to know.

Having unprotected sex with anyone whose HIV status is not known in contemporary times is a really bad idea. By no means am I willing to take that gamble myself.

mobius- the standard HIV test tests for antibodies to the HIV virus, and if the test comes back that antibodies are present, then a different test is performed to confirm this result.

Originally posted by onlysweetpea
if you don't get tested and you are positive and you do have sex with others...

don't risk it. get tested. there's a world beyond being HIV positive. I have friends who are positive and are currently living healthy fulfilling lives.

commit suicide? I'm not gonna touch that one. be a man about it.

Well said.

xtcxtc said:
....i have been having unprotected sex all my life.

i have refused several times to have sex with girls who insisted on condoms and the only time i have buckled was with 3 girls in Vietnam.

8)

Last edited:
I dunno I got tested last week and i'm still waiting...and i havent really thought about it at all. The only shitty part was having blood taken, i always faint when that happens:(

Re: The logic of irrational fear

xtcxtc said:
i have been having unprotected sex all my life.

[/B]

Seriously man... 8( you believe what you want to believe off the internet, but personally....... I'd rather err on the side of caution. There ARE cases where unsuspecting hetrosexual people have contracted viruses and stds during unprotected sex and just personally, I'm not trading a moment's akwardness for a slightly more pleasant experience and the risk of that. That's just negligent and stupid, imo. :\

I'm certainly not trusting 'google' with my health ... feel free to disagree.

Re: Re: The logic of irrational fear

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
I'm certainly not trusting 'google' with my health ... feel free to disagree.

Exactly.

thelazer and mariposa fears are hugely exaggerated. i have been tested 3 times and never given it a moments thought whilst waiting and i have been having unprotected sex all my life.

i have refused several times to have sex with girls who insisted on condoms and the only time i have buckled was with 3 girls in Vietnam.

This is almost one of the scariest things I have ever heard in my life...obviously you have never met anyone who suffers with HIV or AIDS...and they had the same mentality as YOU...**it can never happen to me** and anyone in this day and age who engages in unprotected sex with partners that have not been tested or are not longterm are just gambling with their lives.

My best friend has been + for 8 years, my father for close to 16 I think now..and believe me when I tell you if they could live just one day over in their lives...guess what it would be! I watch these two people suffer on a daily basis, maybe if you saw what I see you might change your way of thinking...however I doubt it..ignorance is bliss.8(

To the original poster....good luck, please let us know how it turns out. Email me if you ever want to talk, unfortunatly I have extensive knowledge in this area and may be able to offer you some support.

the ignorance here is mind boggling.

do any of you know the probability of contacting HIV from unprotected sex with someone who is HIV +ve ?? male from female and vice versa.

I don't know the exact statistical probability of dying in a car crash - but I still wear a seatbelt ;)

--- G.

i think the lesson to be learned here is don't sleep with hookers in thailand.

xtcxtc said:
the ignorance here is mind boggling.

do any of you know the probability of contacting HIV from unprotected sex with someone who is HIV +ve ?? male from female and vice versa.

A simple Google search :| yielded the following:

Probability of Transmission From one HIV Exposure

Intravenous needle/syringe = 0.67 %

Needlestick (percutaneous) = 0.4 %

Receptive anal intercourse = 0.1 - 3.0 %

Receptive vaginal intercourse = 0.1 - 0.2 %

So, yes, the odds are small but present. If it were me, I'd still get tested just to make sure.

Here's my source

As minimal as it sounds, it's still far to high for my liking. Until it is 0%, I refuse to gamble with my life, it is far too precious.

FoxyKel said:

As minimal as it sounds, it's still far to high for my liking. Until it is 0%, I refuse to gamble with my life, it is far too precious.

more ignorance ( you have lots of company ). you gamble with your life every time you hop in a car or a plane, and in various other situations.

the above probabilities assume the partner is HIV +ve.

are they close enough to zero with an untested partner ??

from the Journal of the American Medical Association ( pre 1992 ) the risk from one act of unprotected sex with a non high risk partner is 1 in 5 million.

the same book quoted the risk of death from plane crash on takeoff or landing as 1 in 33,000.

FoxyKel & Angelight using a condom will only reduce the chances by a factor of 10 so you still might catch HIV. perhaps you should give up sex altogether.

does anyone know what the chances are for contracting other std's from unprotected sex? the chances for getting HIV may be lower than most people think, but aren't other things like herpes and chlamydia a lot more contagious? i mean, he obviously already got chlamydia (or something) from having unprotected sex, so that should have already been enough reason to wear a condom, imo!

wow xtcxtc ... there are millions dying each year from AIDS and here you are saying the chances of catching in not even worth worrying about?

Yes, every day we step out the chances of dying are there, but thats the reason we all take precautions so we dont die. Tell you what, why not go outside and walk thru all the streets without stopping at lights ... yeah, the chances of getting hit is still there, but they probably wont hit you because they will swerve.

But its not your problem is it? :(