• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 16 12.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 72 56.3%

• Total voters
BORAT IS GOD!

'look!!! there is a woman driving car! lets follow her and see if she wants sexy time!!'

I'm going to see it tonight. I can't fucking wait!!!

Can anyone find the script for the film because I've searched and can't.

Or alternatively does anyone remember the exact dialogue for the hotel lobby scene I mentioned where he walks in with his boxers up after speaking to the group of black guys.

It's comedy gold.

frizzantik said:
LOL.. if you trick someone into signing a document saying they won't sue you for tricking them, I doubt any court is going to find it valid.

They signed the papers, they're shit out of luck.

just got in from seeing this. the frat boys should take responsibility for their actions and deal with it. they acted like total dicks and now they're embarrassed. boo hoo.

i loved every excruciating minute of it :)

alasdair

It was amazing. Best comedy ever. EDIT: 'I'd like to add also that the movie is 100% better because it is specifically made to be incomprehensible to the people it makes fun of'

Last edited:
Gog said:
'I'd like to add also that the movie is 100% better because it is specifically made to be incomprehensible to the people it makes fun of'

Spot on %)

I know this because people I talked to who heard about it, and the people I saw it with, basically couldn't handle the insane male nudity in the film. By doing this, Cohen has further discriminated against the values of rednecks. I'm shocked that this movie got into theatres WORLDWIDE, since it seems to me aimed at a very specific audience - cynics who laugh at their own hatred of the idiots around them; namely, all those morons who were in the threatre with me!

Worst "comedy" in recent memory. Numerous people left the theatre I was at, too.

Two thumbs down.

Just a by the way, I don't think anyone posted this (or knew at that) his assistant spoke in Armenian the whole movie, as for Boart I really am not sure what langauge he spoke. He spoke very little Armenian himself, such as "lav lav" - "ok, ok".

Was interesting, to bad everyone outside Glendale/Hollywood, CA didn't notice lol =)

Good movie, enjoyed it.

ChemicalBeauty said:
Worst "comedy" in recent memory. Numerous people left the theatre I was at, too.

Two thumbs down.

So...images of nude males bothers you THAT much?? The people I was with had the same attitude. Personally, I think they're either closet gays or ashamed of their humanity. Probably both.

Although I never mentioned anything about the nude-scenes (so you seem to be having a short conversation with yourself) images of nude males bother me in the same way that algebra or abortions would bother me when i'm supposed to be watching a "comedy".

To clarify, anything not-funny bothers me when I'm watching a movie that's aim is to make me laugh.

Another thing that bothers me is when people make up things in their head and then state publicly that someone else is of a certain opinion which then, forces said person to refute their absurd an entirely fictional claim :)

Last edited:
edited: don't pour gas on the fire

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyline_GTR said:
Frat boys are first Borat victims to sue

Movie was GREAT. Fuck them frat boys. They prolly fucked a sheep to get into the fraternity the belong in so why they bitching about humiliation?

ChemicalBeauty said:
To clarify, anything not-funny bothers me when I'm watching a movie that's aim is to make me laugh.
given that many people here have said the movie was hilarious and the movie theatre i was in had people wetting themselves laughing, there's only one (rather obvious) conclusion - funny is a subjective thing.

what's funny to one person is, demonstrably, not funny to another.

i think it might make for an interesting discussion if you expanded on what you were expecting and why you didn't find the movie funny? care to give it a go?

that said, explaining why we find things funny (or otherwise) can be one of those "it just is" issues which is understandable. i'm interested to hear more if you have the time.

alasdair

funny is a subjective thing.

Let me edit what you quoted of mine to "To clarify, anything that is not-funny to me bothers me when I'm watching a movie that's aim is to be funny."
Better? :)

I'll concede that a large portion of the audience at the theatre i was at thought it was funny, and i even laughed at some parts. But overall I was disappointed and wish I had seen something else. I saw a few trailors for it, one on HBO which was a full 20 minutes, and felt like i'd seen all the funny parts before i even got to the theatre. The rest was just mindless nudity/raunchiness/offensiveness ... there were a few funny parts like i said, but nothing warranting a trip to the theatre imo.

ChemicalBeauty said:
I saw a few trailors for it, one on HBO which was a full 20 minutes, and felt like i'd seen all the funny parts before i even got to the theatre. The rest was just mindless nudity/raunchiness/offensiveness ... there were a few funny parts like i said, but nothing warranting a trip to the theatre imo.

Never watch those extended previews. I did that with Chris Farley and David Spade's "Black Sheep" when it came out. It ruined the movie for me too. Of course they are going to show all the funniest parts, that way you will want to see the movie. Its like watching a sports highlight reel before watching the game.

ps I thought it was funny. The guy has some balls, especially for doing being anti american at the deep-south rodeo. I thought they were going to lynch him.

Did anyone notice that at the end of that scene, the guy riding the horse falls off of it it the background? Why did he fall?

^^^ yeah that's a good point, they definitely couldn't have scripted that---I highly doubt someone on the movie crew sneakily tied a rope around the horse's leg or something and pulled him down lol...

don't know what made the horse fall (unless it was some very clever editing, which I also doubt) but it sure made for a hilarious end to that scene, I could just imagine everyone in the audience in shock at that point, I remember hearing that he almost got the shit kicked out of him at that rodeo, and it was in like massachusetts :D

imagine if it had been a rodeo down in texas or wherever else rodeos are popular int the south....new mexico maybe? fuck rodeos.

ChemicalBeauty said:
Let me edit what you quoted of mine to "To clarify, anything that is not-funny to me bothers me when I'm watching a movie that's aim is to be funny."
Better? :)
thanks for the elaboration. i think that subtle change makes a huge difference to the tone of this (or any) post.

ChemicalBeauty said:
I'll concede that a large portion of the audience at the theatre i was at thought it was funny, and i even laughed at some parts. But overall I was disappointed and wish I had seen something else. I saw a few trailors for it, one on HBO which was a full 20 minutes, and felt like i'd seen all the funny parts before i even got to the theatre. The rest was just mindless nudity/raunchiness/offensiveness ... there were a few funny parts like i said, but nothing warranting a trip to the theatre imo.
what made you decide to pay to go see it at a theatre?

alasdair