Votes: 7 5.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 16 12.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 72 56.3%

• Total voters
I really, really can't fucking wait to see this movie. Unfortunately - damned unfortunately - I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD :( Not all the sadfaces in the world could describe my sense of failure at not having seen it yet...

Deathrow558 said:
Does anyone remember the exact dialogue for that scene? I forgot most of it cos I was laughing too hard.

All I can remember is the subtitle when he is talking to his producer as they are leaving:

"Let's go, these guys are 'player haters'"

:D:D

Pokesmot said:
I saw it at midnight last night and by the end of the movie more than half of the people in the theatre walked out because it was so terrible. I was expecting alot from Ali G but he ended up putting out one of the worst movies of all time.
What utter shite. It is brilliant, confirms the US to be one fucked up country as well!

oh and i don't believe anything was staged apart from the obvious 1 thing stated earlier. It wouldn't have worked if people has acted.

Last edited:
Puddito said:
confirms the US to be one fucked up country as well!

You actually needed confirmation to know that?

Pokesmot said:
I saw it at midnight last night and by the end of the movie more than half of the people in the theatre walked out because it was so terrible. I was expecting alot from Ali G but he ended up putting out one of the worst movies of all time.

I call bullshit. %)

yep, i said it! lol

i laughed the whole fucking time! i like the borat character way better than ali g. the only part i didnt like-- well you could guess..

dont see this if you are easily offended , thats all i have to say! LMFAO

Sasha Cohen is a jew... I wonder just how the world would react if this were a film lampooning jews like its lampoons kazakhs? :\

Uh... there a lot of movies making fun of Jews. Go see Hebrew Hammer. And next time you decide to be pointlessly political, make sure you're either right, or make a bit of sense.

I stayed for the entire thing myself and despite liking most of the Borat skits found in Ali G I still did not enjoy this movie and it is is an utter failure much like the Ali G movie was.

you win the thread

just watched it.. pretty disappointing imo, and i love Da Ali G show.

Not really any new ground covered, and seeing cohen get facesat by a hairy obese man is not my idea of entertainment. Watch the TV shows to see the same jokes done better, without a bunch of pretend plot filler.

I did laugh my ass off when he pulled the jack move at the end of the movie though lol. And the church scene was just disturbing with all the speaking in tongues and shit

A handful of these situations are hilarious, but the problem of the movie is that it's not structured as a satire that asks us to laugh at ourselves by seeing our inconsistencies through the eyes of an outsider. It asks us to laugh at the outsider by seeing him as a contemptible boob.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/movies/290918_borat03q.html

Last edited:
Frat boys are first Borat victims to sue

The Times
By Sam Knight
10 November 2006

The makers of the hit Borat movie by the British comedian, Sacha Baron Cohen, have been sued by two American college students who claim they were duped into taking part in the film.

In papers served at a court in Santa Monica, Los Angeles, the two plaintiffs, identified as John Doe I and John Doe II, said that they "have suffered and will continue to suffer humiliation, mental anguish, and emotional and physical distress, loss of reputation, goodwill and standing in the community" after being shown drinking with Borat Sagdiyev, a fictional Kazakhstani television reporter, in a camper van.

In the scene, three young men, identified in the film as students from the Chi Psi fraternity of the University of South Carolina, get drunk with Borat, watch a sex video that purports to show Pamela Anderson, the American TV star, and make disparaging remarks about slavery, women and ethnic minorities.

Borat!: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan is top of the box office charts in America, Germany and the UK after being released this month.

It has enjoyed the most successful movie release ever in the US for a film showing at fewer than 1,100 cinemas.

According to Box Office Mojo, a database of cinema release statistics, its haul of $26.5 million surpassed that of Fahrenheit 9/11, the last film publicised and released in a similar way. Next week, the film will be shown at more than 2,500 screens.

But its enormous success and publicity have made unknowing victims of Baron Cohen laughing stocks across America.

Several people featured in the film, including Linda Stein, an artist and veteran feminist from New York, a car salesman called Jim Sell and Pat Haggerty, a "humour" coach from Washington, have complained that members of the production team tricked them into thinking that the crew were from Belarus, not Kazakhstan, and that they were hurried into signing confusing consent forms thick with legalese.

Ms Stein has written of her experience, saying she was left "confused and sad" after the filming. "Maybe it's his way of gaining power over the childhood sting of religious animosity or the feelings of inferiority from a woman’s beating him at Scrabble," she wrote in a local New York newspaper.

Organisers of a rodeo in Virginia, whose producer, Bobby Rowe, is shown in the film making homophobic and anti-Islamic remarks, have joked about teaming up with the Kazakhstani Embassy in Washington to burn an effigy of Borat.

In the lawsuit filed by the college students, the plaintiffs said they were paid $200, promised that the film would not be shown in America and that they would not be clearly identified.

The suit claims that the three students, one of whom was under the legal drinking age of 21, were plied with drinks and "well under the influence of alcohol before they signed the (consent) Agreement".

"Believing the film would not be viewed in the United States and at the encouragement of Defendants, Plaintiffs engaged in behaviour that they otherwise would not have engaged in," the suit claims, according to copies of the documents posted on the website TMZ.

One of the three students -- it is not known whether he was one of the plaintiffs -- has described the experience on the record. David Corcoran told the men's magazine, FHM: "My first thought was, 'What if my mom finds out?'"

Link

The Frat boys have a case, the contract can be thrown out if they were under the influence when they signed.

As for the others they're out of luck. The contract states that they can't hold the filming company responsible for deception or fraud regarding the filming. The story from the Feminist's point of view is interesting and floating around on the internet somewhere.

"Believing the film would not be viewed in the United States and at the encouragement of Defendants, Plaintiffs engaged in behaviour that they otherwise would not have engaged in,"

Er...right... so they did stuff they normally WOULDN'T have - when they were drunk and thought no one important would see them? Pash!

bRoken&foRgoTTen said:
I call bullshit. %)

yep, i said it! lol

a couple people walked out of the theater i was in too, which was packed to the brim. They even went as far to scream "This movie fucking sucks" and "thats just not funny" at parts where everyone was else was dying.

I love borat, he was always a running joke with my friends before this movie came out, especially the krem part lol. But as far as the movie, it starts off great, and starts to lackluster towards the end. There was definately some staging involved to perfect the idea he was trying to persue, and even the camera changes to a better hi-def for the parts where they could use an entire camera crew. The balls in the face was a little much though, yet i think most of the audience was laughing out of terror than hilarity ;)

As for the others they're out of luck. The contract states that they can't hold the filming company responsible for deception or fraud regarding the filming.

LOL.. if you trick someone into signing a document saying they won't sue you for tricking them, I doubt any court is going to find it valid.

The others weren't tricked into signing the contract, they just didn't read it thoroughly. I'll admit it is shaky but it depends on the wording.

frizzantik said:
LOL.. if you trick someone into signing a document saying they won't sue you for tricking them, I doubt any court is going to find it valid.

yeah I would imagine many contracts are written on the premise that those signing them won't read thoroughly :\

imo the drunk frat kids got what they deserved in being shamed on a national scale, but they definitely will be able to use the excuse that they were too intoxicated to understand what they were signing in court.

Funny movie, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

That scene with him under the sheets holding the cross and this money was hilarious! Then throwing the money at the roaches on the floor.... LMAO