Votes: 7 5.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 16 12.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 72 56.3%

• Total voters
Just watched the film - fucking hilarious =D I haven't laughed so hard in ages.

Borat is my least favorite Sasha Cohen character, he's still midly amusing nontheless. I'll wait till it comes out on "On Demand"

I've been hearing crazy good things about this movie. Even some critics are saying it's the funniest movie ever.

Im definitely seeing this one ASAP

I saw it at midnight last night and by the end of the movie more than half of the people in the theatre walked out because it was so terrible. I was expecting alot from Ali G but he ended up putting out one of the worst movies of all time.

I live in Orlando and I am a huge fan of Ali G even going as far as dressing up as him for halloween one year but this movie was just the same lame jokes over and over.

Pokesmot said:
I saw it at midnight last night and by the end of the movie more than half of the people in the theatre walked out because it was so terrible. I was expecting alot from Ali G but he ended up putting out one of the worst movies of all time.

Well i went in there expecting a performance from Sacha Baron Cohen not Ali G, there's a difference.

Where i was, the entire cinema was in hysterics after about 2 mins from the start, right until the end. Quality. Quite literally I haven't laughed so hard since I first saw Cheech and Chong; Up in Smoke, 10 years ago =D

ruski said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qk1rbZYz7HI

"Best sex in mouth, number 3 prostitute in my country"

That's awesome, cheers for that!

I will definitely check this out when it finally comes out here. I found the Ali G character was great for a TV program, but didn't transfer well to a full length movie, but I'm very much looking forward to Borat on the big screen.

I never thought this type of humour would be understood by the average American audience, hence I'm not surprised at some of the responses.

yeah because no american could ever understand something as complex as a mockumentary about a foreigner and his social gaffes.

Pokesmot said:

No, this has to be a lie. The theater I was at was surpsingly full of a very diverse group of people, all ages, I was sitting next to a couple who must've been in their 40s, and the whole place was laughing hysterically the entire time.

The funniest movie I have seen in a very long time, I plan on seeing it again today :D.

"Are you telling me, that the man who just tried to put a rubber fist in my anus is a homosexual?"

The theater had to be mopped afterwards due to large amounts of urine involuntarily secreted during the show.

Bauer095 said:
No, this has to be a lie. The theater I was at was surpsingly full of a very diverse group of people, all ages, I was sitting next to a couple who must've been in their 40s, and the whole place was laughing hysterically the entire time.

The funniest movie I have seen in a very long time, I plan on seeing it again today :D.

"Are you telling me, that the man who just tried to put a rubber fist in my anus is a homosexual?"

The theater had to be mopped afterwards due to large amounts of urine involuntarily secreted during the show.

No it is no lie. I live in a college area so the theatre was packed with nothing but college kids who were most likely expecting something like old school or animal house but all they got was an arab talking. I stayed for the entire thing myself and despite liking most of the Borat skits found in Ali G I still did not enjoy this movie and it is is an utter failure much like the Ali G movie was.

^^
i find that very odd. My college area (with a demographically diverse crowd) laughed out loud through the whole thing. I gave it 4 stars. Its not something that will get watched often (by me, anyway) but its great to go to the theater, and know that you're going to be howling at the screen.

Best parts:

NSFW:
The running of the Jew, his producer's hairy sack, and redneck fratboys from south carolina (thanks god, for not letting them be from georgia)

That people would walk out is very strange... It's scored very high on Metacritic and the entire theater I was at was laughing over parts of subsequent jokes. It's not as though the film lacks substance either. Sure it's crude but that's the medium Cohen uses to expose American racism, sexism, and simple cruelty. He's made leading people into making asses of themselves an art form. One criticism is that the movie can inspire you to draw hateful generalisations about groups of people (frat boys, rodeo fans) even as it humiliates members of those groups for doing the same. BTW every frat boy I've had the displeasure to meet is like those SC pieces of shit.

Funniest film I have EVER EVER watched and I love the fact it rips the piss out of America. 5 gold stars :D

The fight between borat and his producer will go down in cinema history. I can only hope that in 30 years they play it in one of those classic movie montages during the oscars.

Seriously though, this movie fucking rocks. Even if you dont like the Borat character, the people he gets roped into the mockumentary are absolutely hysterical.

Ok, here's something I've been considering for a while, how much of this movie do you think was actual stuff that happened and the other people weren't in on the joke and how much do you think was staged but just acted really well. Here's what I think so far, this part may contain some spoilers so i'm jsut going to go like this:

1. Obviously the parts with the hooker are staged, as she is not a very good actor and you can pretty much tell.
2. I think the part with the "dinner with high society" was also staged, no way would it have worked out that perfectly that the hosts could be so tolerant of Borat's cultural differences such as bringing his shit down to the dinner table in a plastic bag, and then react so strongly against having a black person in their presence.
3. Most other parts were staged now that I think about it, but one part that I think was real for sure was all the interviews he did with like the humor coach, cotillion coach, feminists, and driving coach. Those easily could've been done without notifying these people that they were in on a joke.

SO what do you think? Mostly real, mostly fake, or a split?

Oh yeah good point to raise Bauer. I think quite alot of it was staged or faked. The Pamela Anderson bit must have been?

I had tears coming out my eyes in the scene when he went up to the group of black guys then after speaking to them he walked into the hotel "what's up vanilla face" with his underwear pulled up. It was so fucking funny I was dying!

Does anyone remember the exact dialogue for that scene? I forgot most of it cos I was laughing too hard.

SardonicNihilist said:
I never thought this type of humour would be understood by the average American audience, hence I'm not surprised at some of the responses.

Same here. I'm surprised they showed it there, I thought they'd want to hide it since it makes fun of the US so much. At least it's getting shown there, I hope people appreciate it for what it is, comedy, and don't take it tooooo seriously.