• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Avatar

Rate this movie!

• Total voters
This is not meant as an insult but were you on some sort of substances while you saw this? I seriously ask because I'd probably like the film more if I was high somehow at the time.

abso-freakin-lutely!!! I wouldn't recommend anyone over the age of 15 go sober. No wonder you didn't like it!!!

I don't think it's a good sign if you have to be on substances to like it. ;) <3

I reaaaallly loved this movie. By far the best looking movie I have ever seen. The depth of the visuals and the cgi was mind blowing. Sure, the story might be unoriginal, but it was more than worth the money I paid to go see it. I'm going to see it again in fact.

amor, even going sober i enjoyed the spectacle. and i couldn't get my head around why all the actor's bodies looked so friggin substantial. i couldn't figure out if it was the way it was shot or the 3D. however it was achieved, it was something unlike anything i had ever seen. I found the way the actors looked more impressive than the neon cartoon environment everyone raves about. the world was far too visually noisy to me. nothing as bad as terrible cgi in 2012 or any transformers piece of shit, but noisy nonetheless.

I guess I'll expect you not to talk to me anymore though, right? :)

Why should I bother? You went into it with your mind made up. People love trashing on stuff because they feel it builds them up. I felt like a kid all over again and sometimes that's how I want to feel when I see a movie. I didn't expect it to be shawshank redemption. There are different kinds of movies out there. If this one doesn't suite your fancy then so be it but trashing it on things that it didn't mean to achieve doesn't make sense. People complaining about the plot being similar to other movies, the dialogue not being great, or the eco friendly message are the same type of people who complain about Transformers lacking character development. If you made a complaint about something Cameron actually aimed to do, then that'd be fine. As it is, I have not yet seen a single valid complaint.

A valid complaint would be something like the fight scene at the end ran a bit long. That is the only thing I noticed the entire time. I think directors these days in general make that same error though.

Maybe I should have made it more clear but I think that if you went into this movie and didn't have a good time then you might have to re-examine some things about yourself. Take a chill pill and relax. No I wasn't on anything when I saw this film. I was just happy to be there and thought it was fun. I'm not into movies where stuff explodes constantly but I thought this movie had some explosions mixed with a decent story line, a quality message, and a brilliantly crafted world. And I enjoyed it thoroughly. I just have to really wonder about people that walked out of it unsatisfied. I mean really it's like we're from 2 different planets and I cannot relate to your outlook/perspective at all if that's how things are.

Last edited:
Maybe I should have made it more clear but I think that if you went into this movie and didn't have a good time then you might have to re-examine some things about yourself.

Yes, everyone should like the same films and music, etc. If we don't love what you love, then there is something wrong with us.

I just have to really wonder about people that walked out of it unsatisfied. I mean really it's like we're from 2 different planets and I cannot relate to your outlook/perspective at all if that's how things are.

Rather than being from different planets, maybe people on the same planet can have contrary viewpoints?

You think?

Maybe I should have made it more clear but I think that if you went into this movie and didn't have a good time then you might have to re-examine some things about yourself. Take a chill pill and relax. No I wasn't on anything when I saw this film. I was just happy to be there and thought it was fun. I'm not into movies where stuff explodes constantly but I thought this movie had some explosions mixed with a decent story line, a quality message, and a brilliantly crafted world. And I enjoyed it thoroughly. I just have to really wonder about people that walked out of it unsatisfied. I mean really it's like we're from 2 different planets and I cannot relate to your outlook/perspective at all if that's how things are.

Talk about needing to relax...

It's absurd to make huge blanketed assumptions about a person simply because they didn't enjoy a movie. You trash on other things outside the film forum all the time. It's pretty normal to critique things in life including movies. That's just like, my opinion man.

TheDude.jpg

If "Watchmen" proved one thing, it's that you can never have enough blue schlong. Short of being flashed by some random stalker dressed up as Papa Smurf, the next likeliest place you'll find it is on the upcoming "Avatar" DVD & Blu-ray.

Director James Cameron tells The Telegraph that the home video version of the film will include several deleted scenes that were excised from the theatrical version in order to keep the film's PG-13 rating. One such scene was an extended version of Jake Sully and Ney'tiri's love scene under the tree.

"We had it in and we cut it out. So that will be something for the special edition DVD, if you want to see how they have sex" says Cameron. Does this mean someone had to apply motion capture dots to Sam Worthington's manhood? No, rather the 'synching' process that the Na'vi do with other beings on the planet is done between the two characters in this.

Zoe Saldana, who played Ney'tiri, said "It was a very funny scene to shoot because there were so many technical things that sometimes you have to keep in mind that paying attention to all those might disrupt the fluidity of how a scene is supposed to take place. Because Jim was shooting for a PG-13 rating, we couldn’t move in certain directions. The motion would look a little too past the PG-13 rating standards. So it was really funny for Sam and me. We had a lot of giggles there."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/16010/want-blue-alien-sex-avatar-delivers

reminds me, that chanting and singing the blue people do is so friggin lame and uninspired.

Last edited:
Great movie.

The only thing that annoyed me was the blue people's lack of using their tails.

If "Watchmen" proved one thing, it's that you can never have enough blue schlong. Short of being flashed by some random stalker dressed up as Papa Smurf, the next likeliest place you'll find it is on the upcoming "Avatar" DVD & Blu-ray.

Director James Cameron tells The Telegraph that the home video version of the film will include several deleted scenes that were excised from the theatrical version in order to keep the film's PG-13 rating. One such scene was an extended version of Jake Sully and Ney'tiri's love scene under the tree.

"We had it in and we cut it out. So that will be something for the special edition DVD, if you want to see how they have sex" says Cameron. Does this mean someone had to apply motion capture dots to Sam Worthington's manhood? No, rather the 'synching' process that the Na'vi do with other beings on the planet is done between the two characters in this.

Zoe Saldana, who played Ney'tiri, said "It was a very funny scene to shoot because there were so many technical things that sometimes you have to keep in mind that paying attention to all those might disrupt the fluidity of how a scene is supposed to take place. Because Jim was shooting for a PG-13 rating, we couldn’t move in certain directions. The motion would look a little too past the PG-13 rating standards. So it was really funny for Sam and me. We had a lot of giggles there."

Now, you suck on my jaggon! Thats it baby, you're getting my jaggon hard!

Two stars. Visually stunning. Old plot with no new insight to offer, while at the same time not quite kid friendly enough an introduction to this age-old tale.

Avatar perfection causing depression

AN IDYLLIC planet populated by blue aliens is an ideal setting for cinematic escapism. But the world of the sci-fi epic Avatar is so perfect people have admitted being plagued by depression and suicidal thoughts at not being able to visit the planet.

Set in the future when Earth's resources have been depleted, director James Cameron's film tells the story of a corporation trying to mine a rare mineral.

The humans clash with the natives - a peace-loving race of 7ft tall, blue-skinned creatures called the Na'vi, who exist in perfect harmony with nature.

Fans have flooded the internet with their confused feelings. On the site Avatar Forums, the topic 'Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible' has more than 1,000 posts.

In a similar forum, one user wrote: "When I woke up this morning after watching Avatar for the first time yesterday, the world seemed grey. It just seems so meaningless.

"I still don't really see any reason to keep doing things at all. I live in a dying world."

On another site, one fan was even more affected, admitting: "I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora."

On the Avatar site Naviblue, a fan calling himself Jorba has even asked others to join him in starting a real Na'vi tribe.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...using-depression/story-e6frfnv0-1225819063598

Some people just need better acess to some good drugs ;)

so friggin lame. deerrrrr *sticks finger in nose* i wanna live in smurf village. i wanna get into a three way with papa and smurfette. if i can't i've cut meself.

fuckin pathetic

You beat me to posting that article.

I have to say I kind of relate-thats why I chose to live close to nature <3

As good as this movie was, I think that the 3d was way over hyped, and I also think that the blue pseudo-indians looked rather cheesy. Other than that it was a solid 4 out of 5 star movie.

How could anyone like this movie? It was an overly generic plot covered with a lame excuse for 3d. Even the vehicle and animal designs were uninspired and bland. Not everything in this universe that is alien has 6 legs/arms.