Votes: 7 25.9%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
i was coerced into seeing this movie. the following are its only redeeming attributes:

*car chase featuring car vs earthquake

*an aircraft carrier riding a tidal wave obliterates the white house

*after witnessing the end of life as we know it a 7 year old manages to quit wetting the bed

this movie was 2hr 50 min; someone hold me :\

holy shit it was that long!?

i'm so very sorry. (hugs) who coerced you? it was osama wasn't it? or perhaps hitler? who else could it have been? who is that evil? bush jr perhaps...

^^my girlfriend ( who is in no way mentally deficient) is a sucker for a disaster movie :\

in other news im out of the dog house for stumbling home at dawn ;)

almost 3 hours?! yay! i can't wait to see it, i adore smash em up big ass disaster movies. while i adore immersing myself into a film and searching my soul and it for deep meaning, nothing thrills me more than catering to my guilty pleasures and enjoying a good flick like this.

it's like disney for adults. it isn't going to be a soul searching moment, it is going to be a roller coaster ride. ready to go.

Conceptually it sounds like fun. The trailer just shows a bunch of shit cartoony CGI. Crap CGI always makes it hard for me to suspend disbelief and enjoy a movie.

Saw it yesterday and above is absolutely true. Not to mention it was super cheesy. Everytime they get away they just barely, BARELY make it...happens like 5 times...its fucking ridiculous.

Although the concept is very cool, the movie could have been done 100x better.

Saw it yesterday and above is absolutely true. Not to mention it was super cheesy. Everytime they get away they just barely, BARELY make it...happens like 5 times...its fucking ridiculous.

Yes, I counted exactly five times where they are hauling ass and the ground is collapsing two feet behind them. Two times by car and three times by plane. You think they would change it up a bit. Maybe have the ground collapsing in front of them one of those times.

In two of three airplane getaways, they have to dodge collapsing buildings immediately after takeoff. The L.A. takeoff and the Vegas takeoff are essentially the same scene.

It was really long and really retarded. If I were watching by myself and had bought the ticket with my own money, I probably would have walked out with 30 minutes left. Unfortunately, I went with my 10-year-old nephew and my aunt had paid for the movie.

By the end, I really didn't care if anyone survived the apocolypse. But I had to sit through each agonizing minute. I had to have my intelligence insult by each and every plot hole. Worst of all, I once again had to endure Woody Harrelson's acting as he did yet another condescending portrayal of an American southerner. Woody, dude, you do not sound anything close to an authentic southerner. And you haven't been funny since Cheers.

Deep Impact is the only remotely intelligent disaster movie to come out since disaster movies came back in style in the 90's. This movie was a pile of shit.

^ wtf after reading that I don't even know if I want to watch the R5 that just posted

I don't know, I saw it yesterday. As cheesy as it all was, I was entertained and that's all that mattered for me as seedy and hungover as I was feeling. 3 hrs in air con not having to pay too much attention, especially in IMAX.

It was fun. I probably won't bother to see it again though.

Now to see Avatar, that's a whole different kettle of fish though =D

They should put Chuck Norris in that movie.
He can handle it all with a backfllip rotating kick.

I usualy never fall alseep during a movie. But I fell asleep twice during 2012

I dunno where you guys got 3 hours... may have FELT that long.. Came in at under 2.5 with credits

A biblical flood movie in disguise. Special effects cluster fuck, not much more. Entertaining.

in the pit of despair, i sat through this. didn't pay for it. didn't dload it. drank a couple double cognacs during. well it wasn't as bad as the day after tomorrow. 2 stars.

I just watched this movie last night on my computer, a damn good bootleg for quality wise.
The movie wasn't all that bad, wish there was more blood and guts and REAL shit then just everyone falling into a bigass hole, or drowned by the ocean.

it's a 4star, just because I like sci fy movies.

It started off as a poor comedy (unintended but that's how I experienced it because of all the hilarious stereotypes and overacting) and then came in the special effects8)... Don't wanna wast to many words on this. I stopped watching half way through this movie 'cause it's one of the worst thing I have ever seen. 8o I really don't care to know how it ends either. This is a real stinker! Enjoy %)

Just to put to bed running time issue: 2hr:37m:49s.

Got a 720p copy last night. It was hilariously fun. I haven't laughed at a film like that in ages.

watched this last night i actually thought it was going to be worth a watch. o how i was wrong effin stupid movie

There's a lot of recycled concepts and themes in this film that have been taken from other, more (and less) notable disaster movies. The tension between the public right to know and the need to keep order; the noble sacrifice; the relationship with one's father; the estranged and slightly introverted hero; a dysfunctional family learning to love each other again; weak secondary love interest being killed off to pave the way for the hero's return to aforementioned family; and, of course, the obligatory pet dog that barely makes it to safety from impending doom. It's all there. Oh, and by the way, black presidents are passé now - we need an Latin dude in the office to make the ethnic minority Prez fashionable again.

Yet, as EA-1475 mentioned, most of this was done with greater style (if not substance) by Deep Impact - and that was despite valiantly shouldering the quite obvious handicap of having Tea Leoni in a lead role. John Cusack brought as much lulz as the special FX crew did... most noticeably in the incredibly camp limo chase scene. I couldn't figure out if Cusack's facial and verbal reactions were in response to the hypothetical disaster befalling the characters of the world around him, or the very real disaster of a limo chase scene that, in parts, seemed to resemble scenes from Team America. I actually rewound it and watched it twice just to confirm how stupidly funny it was.

But all good fun. What's not to like?

^funny you should say that. the initial idea for team america was to do a marionette version of the day after tomorrow, but their legal team wouldn't let them.

do you agree with the film's suggestion that society will stop pissing the bed only in the face of its ultimate destruction?