• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Fentanyl

PureLife

Bluelighter
I've been smoking around 5mg of fentanyl for the last six days. I have been constantly high with no downtime. Will I experience any withdrawl If i stop using on the 7th day?

I doubt it, but do stop for at least 4 days! Just so you don't get physically hooked too soon! :)

Just out of curiosity since I haven't done this, how do you smoke it? Is it in liquid form or pill form. I've done the patch before and was whacked out for 3 days. Probably the best feeling ever.

^its in a gel form (on the duragesic patches anyhow...). Scrape it out and smoke it ;p

and 5 mg a day(well if you space it out its fine, just saying i had a friend OD off of one dose of the 50ug/hr patches). If thats the same amount that is in a 50ug/hr patch then be careful ;p

is 5 mg of fentanyl in a 50ug/hr patch? Im sorta hungover+valium so i prolly know the answer but Im just confused right now.

A friend of mine had a kidney removed and gave me a patch because they made him sick. I stuck it to my arm and the feeling was orgasmic for 3 days. After the fact, I heard on the news how someone had died by injesting the liquid so I was glad that I didn't try that. Do you smoke it in a bowl?

pin said:
^its in a gel form (on the duragesic patches anyhow...). Scrape it out and smoke it ;p

and 5 mg a day(well if you space it out its fine, just saying i had a friend OD off of one dose of the 50ug/hr patches). If thats the same amount that is in a 50ug/hr patch then be careful ;p

is 5 mg of fentanyl in a 50ug/hr patch? Im sorta hungover+valium so i prolly know the answer but Im just confused right now.

^yeah

It seems like there'd be some withdrawal quitting cold turkey. It would depend on your dose and whether you tapered off or just quit cold turkey. Sweating, stomach cramps, itch, et cetera. Although, if you were a tripper, this might not apply.

People scrap out the gel and smoke it off of tin foil, basically using a technique closely related to smoking heroin. I wouldn't recommend this though, I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about what you're inhaling etc., no one knows how bad it is for your lungs.

falco said:
It seems like there'd be some withdrawal quitting cold turkey. It would depend on your dose and whether you tapered off or just quit cold turkey. Sweating, stomach cramps, itch, et cetera. Although, if you were a tripper, this might not apply.

I agree that you may experience mild withdrawals due to Fentanyl's short halflife. You'll know in a few hours if you're going to have WD's. They come on very quickly after your last dose. If it's too much to take try tapering using a longer acting opiate. It's tough to taper off of F due to the halflife being so short.

I'm not sure what being a tripper has to do with anything.

I've been eating patches for quite awhile, I never knew you could smoke the gel, I always thought such high temperatures would breakdown the chemical compisition and destroy the drug, learn something new every day anyone have a link on the proper way to do this?

You shouldn't have too much of a withdrawl for only doing it for a week, but once ur body is used to it, withdrawls are horrid, I found using half one day, other half the next, and cutting to smaller amounts from there was the best for me.

Also the new breed of patches is on the market, created to deter consumption of the gel, a 5 MG patch /50 micro an hr is about the size of a Now and Later candy, as thin as a clear nicotine patch, and contains no gel at all, just a compressed film of fentanyl.

The gel actually doesen't taste bad at all. But after using for a couple days it just makes me queezzy smoking it. It has an alcohol smell and a slight alcohol taste to it when smoked. Thats because theres alcohol in the gel shit. Its a 100mcg an hour/72 hour patch. I also have a 75mcghour/72 hour patch but thats long since gone.
Smoking the gel is 10x better than eating it. The high is immediate and is a strong rush. Basically i poke a small hole in the patch and squeeze until a decent size ball of gel comes out ( if you have no tolerance about 3/4 the size of a matchhead) i take a knife and swipe it off and put it on a piece of folded tinfoil ( in the bent part, the crese (sp) ) put a tube in your mouth and apply flame to tinfoil ( about an inch away) Inhale vapor and hold it in for a good 15-20 seconds. Thats how you smoke fentanyl.

Is there a adequate way of going about smoking fentanyl besides the way i mentioned above?

pin said:

no, it would be 50mcg x 72 hours=3600mcg ( 3.6 mg ) I think there is a little extra in them but dont remember how much.

smoking the gel off of tin foil works very well, but dont do these type of things unless you have a tolerance....FENTANYL IS POWERFUL.

i mean just search these boards and everytime the word fentanyl pops up in a thread, someone mentions a person they knew who ODed on it...

however, as an opiate addict, i must admit that smoking the gel was the best way of taking the fentanyl if you werent going to wear the patch...i never got results from oral or sublingual fentanyl and i was always VERY afraid to put too big of a glob and OD from an uneven concentration of fent.
the best method i found was smoking it after wearing it for a couple days....was ALWAYS a pleasure and never seemed too dangerous or strong(although like i said, DO NOT FUCK with fentanyl without lotsa research and cautions if you dont have a decent tolerance to opiates!!!)!
i would wear the patch for atleast 2 days or so and then id smoke on the gel slowly with VERY tiny dots of gel until i started getting high...its kinda cool, because the first time u do it, you will be like "WTF smoking this shit isnt doing a thing" then after enough GOOD hits(u need a very WIDE straw and a good technique...otherwise u will waste most all the fent), ur like hell yeah this isnt too bad...then u take a few more chases and ur like "damn this is what fentanyl is.............(5 minutes later)...oh shit, what was i saying....oh this is what......(3 or 4 minutes passes)...fentanyl is about!!"

^and no, im almost 99% sure that a 75mcg patch contains 7.5mg and the 100mcg contains 10mg total and so on...aka the 50mcg has 5mg total...i believe it says it on the outside packaging(foil part) of the individual patches atleast on the duragesics.

please just be careful and do it the way i said...wear the patch as directed for atleast a couple days and see if u cant catch a good buzz from that method first...then smoke the gel thats left...its so efficient and makes u get the most outta ur fentanyl without being too dangerous...be patient it takes like 7-8 hours to start working once u appy it to the skin and can be pretty strong...again, do NOT just slap the patches on if ur not familiar with fentanyl or a large tolerance...even transdermal can kill ya.

later yall

chivy said:
no, it would be 50mcg x 72 hours=3600mcg ( 3.6 mg ) I think there is a little extra in them but dont remember how much.

From what I heard, there IS 5mg of fentanyl in it. I always came to the conclusion you did until someone told me otherwise. Its just only meant to be used for 72 hours I guess? I really have no clue.

Okay. This is from an official pharmacological book source. Durogesic patches made by Janssen-Cilag sold in Finland.

Durogesic® 12 micrograms/hour - 2,1 mg fentanyl.
Durogesic® 25 micrograms/hour - 4,2 mg fentanyl.
Durogesic® 50 micrograms/hour - 8,4 mg fentanyl.
Durogesic® 75 micrograms/hour - 12,6 mg fentanyl.
Durogesic® 100 micrograms/hour - 16,8 mg fentanyl.

Dunno if it's the same for all Duragesic/Durogesic patches made by Janssen-Cilag.

Last edited:
I unfortuantly dont have the Durogesic® patches, but rather the Sandoz patches. The 100mcg/hr patch cleary states it contains 7.5mg of Fentanyl.
The funny thing is , i dont really have any tolerance to opiates/Opiods. I just have plenty of experience with them. Fentanyl in my opinion is quite hard to determine dose, because to one person the may just be really high, but the same dose for another person will put them into an overdose. I've passed out countless times smoking the shit, glass dick in mouth and just straight up passed the fuck out. I've nodded off with cigarettes burning my leg and i didnt even feel that shit. I've wised up since then, but i must say that you absolutly MUST be careful with this drug.

yep just got off the phone warning someone who just took a glob without any knowledge and he acts like he know alot about pharmies...................................................................... 8)

Ahhh, fentanyl, such a lovely substance. I would think that a week or so of "constant use" or a "constant high" would give you a bit of W/D if stopped cold turkey. That's based purely on the potency of the drug. I wouldn't say the same thing for a 5 day hydro binge of course. But, I would think a week fenty binge would leave you with mild W/D symptoms if stopped cold. Shouldn't be very rough or long lasting either since it's got such a short half-life. Just my two cents anyway.