• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Feedback Thread] How can WE improve on the PD forum? Suggestions welcome!

Don't we have a feedback thread for those ideas? I think we used to.

There's a link at the top of the forum near the PD index, a thread that's for suggestions to improve the forum. Sadly it is archived, so theres no posting permissions.

I realise that Big & Dandy Threads are often in several ways flawed, like people only talking about their own anticipation of a drug not yet in circulation or off-topic banter or indeed repeats of questions (literal FAQs), but such things are largely unavoidable especially if threads are merged at an early stage. Everyone is welcome to ask the questions that have not yet been posed.*
Researching a substance using B&D's is indeed a lot of digging, and it is hard to improve that, you must understand this. To clean this up threads need reorganisation which has been done a few times in the past and which - trust me - is a hell of a lot of work.

I think BnDs really shine in the initial period where a drug has just come out and there's still a lot of blank spaces in our understanding of how it works and so forth. It's certainly true that it can devolve for a period of time into people asking each other if anybody has yet seen it on the market/bought it/tried it, but when that initial period of time passes the resulting portion of a BnD thread is really useful. Reports start rolling in and between people posting links to reports in the TR subforum or posting their initial impressions in short, less than full trip report fashion, the thread operates as sort of a central information exchange, which has greater value than a bunch of separate threads because it seems to me that the amount of information that is exchanged and the quality of that information increases in a non-linear way as the number of people in the discussion increases. So a single BnD thread for a new drug with fifteen frequent posters would be more valuable than five threads with three participants, and so on.

I also realise that B&D's often get ignored by comparison.

Despite these flaws I think merging for the creation of an archive is valuable and it helped me in the past because I was willing to read through the crap to find the good stuff.

Sure, I also have taken the time to read through the threads, and there's definitely value in having a central thread, especially for a new drug as I mentioned above. For me personally I consider BnD threads something to be mined for information, a passive source of data rather than an active participatory thing where I would post.

Believe it or not, the practice of merging only threads that aren't on page 1 is something that I have recently suggested among our staff and I try to adhere to that guideline. That why I didn't merge yet but instead say "in due time" i.e. when it falls off the first page.

I believe you, it's a reasonable extension of the current official practice I think, and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has thought about this. This isn't a major issue IMO one way or another, and there's doubtless a lot more pressing issues that need to be addressed in the limited amount of time that's available to mods as volunteers. But all the same I expect that a lot of the progress that BL has seen over its lifetime has been the accumulated result of small incremental changes in policy and practice rather than radical breaks with past tradition, and this sort of idea constitutes a form of that positive, incremental change.

Suggestions that don't necessarily have to be posed publicly can be sent in a PM to prevent threads from going off-topic all the time because you see a flaw.

I hardly think that this single instance of pointing out what I see as a flaw in the ordinary method of doing things constitutes dragging threads off-topic 'all the time'. The thread for making suggestions for improving the forum is archived and thus you can't post in it. Regardless, I'll keep the rest of my reply to the PM system, lest I continue to be such a great digressive danger to the on-topic relevance of the forum 8(

Last edited:
There's a link at the top of the forum near the PD index, a thread that's for suggestions to improve the forum. Sadly it is archived, so theres no posting permissions.

Fixed that. I believe this thread was moved to the archive to protect it from pruning, then staff forgot to put it back. I couldn't find anything searching for a keyword like 'feedback' because until now the TT lacked such designators.

I think BnDs really shine in the initial period where a drug has just come out and there's still a lot of blank spaces in our understanding of how it works and so forth. It's certainly true that it can devolve for a period of time into people asking each other if anybody has yet seen it on the market/bought it/tried it, but when that initial period of time passes the resulting portion of a BnD thread is really useful. Reports start rolling in and between people posting links to reports in the TR subforum or posting their initial impressions in short, less than full trip report fashion, the thread operates as sort of a central information exchange, which has greater value than a bunch of separate threads because it seems to me that the amount of information that is exchanged and the quality of that information increases in a non-linear way as the number of people in the discussion increases. So a single BnD thread for a new drug with fifteen frequent posters would be more valuable than five threads with three participants, and so on.

Sure, I also have taken the time to read through the threads, and there's definitely value in having a central thread, especially for a new drug as I mentioned above. For me personally I consider BnD threads something to be mined for information, a passive source of data rather than an active participatory thing where I would post.

I agree, so there is not such a big problem is there? I mean everyone is free to stop reading / mining when they feel that from a certain point people just keep being redundant in a certain B&D. Unfortunately it would be quite a lot of work to keep track of such redundancies and while it could be cleaned up afterwards, that too is work-intensive.

I believe you, it's a reasonable extension of the current official practice I think, and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has thought about this. This isn't a major issue IMO one way or another, and there's doubtless a lot more pressing issues that need to be addressed in the limited amount of time that's available to mods as volunteers. But all the same I expect that a lot of the progress that BL has seen over its lifetime has been the accumulated result of small incremental changes in policy and practice rather than radical breaks with past tradition, and this sort of idea constitutes a form of that positive, incremental change.

I applaud that. Just remember that - I am not making any 'blanket' accusations here - people react best to a friendly and constructive attitude.

I hardly think that this single instance of pointing out what I see as a flaw in the ordinary method of doing things constitutes dragging threads off-topic 'all the time'. The thread for making suggestions for improving the forum is archived and thus you can't post in it. Regardless, I'll keep the rest of my reply to the PM system,

No need for the PM system now, we have revived the feedback system here - I wasn't considering that as an option when I wrote that reply. And more personally speaking now: I wasn't referring to this single instance but also to the Dirty Acid FAQ thread if not others.
Do do add a lot of wonderfully elaborate, comprehensive and valuable contributions to that thread and the rest of the forum but maybe just take it a little easy with the attitude. Let's cooperate with some mutual respect.

lest I continue to be such a great digressive danger to the on-topic relevance of the forum 8(

Yes well if you want Big & Dandy threads to stay on point it seems hypocritical to digress. Anyway you couldn't be blamed since we fucked up with the feedback thread, that is too right.

Seeing that this topic's been revived*, I'll just insert a proposal that I've also sent the mods and received a 'no can do' to, but I would still like to get the input of some of the other BL'ers.

What about a specific 'support forum' for psychedelics? I don't really want to create yet another subforum, because BL is huge enough as it is, but I feel that many people who've had difficult experiences can profit from reading the - usually very good and sensitive - advice from some of the more experienced and regular posters. Many of these topics get snowed under and disappear into oblivion. Of course, this is also unavoidable with such a biiiiiig forum, but I feel that the there's a difference between two kinds of topics that are posted.

On the one hand, people ask questions about substances, effects, roa, risks, dosage and whatnot. On the other, quite frequently people post who are experiencing negative side effects, who have trouble processing a troubling experience, who need reassurance and all that. My feeling is that these topics are of such a nature that they deserve their own space. I am not completely certain what would be the best way to go about this, but much like (psychedelic) harm reduction services in real life, it's much easier to help people when there isn't a sound system nearby and dozens of other people all talking about their own stuff. Just a quite space where people know what you're going through and who might put you at ease. :)

Anyway, it's something I've thought of a few times before, and I think that Bluelight is the right place for a digital psychedelic harm reduction space (even more so now that MAPS are also involved). I just can't oversee all of the pros and cons. Input? Thanks! <3

Last edited:
I realise HR covered over at the MAPS forum ( http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/forums/278-Psychedelic-Harm-Reduction ) is not the same as support, but maybe you could PM your ideas to one of the staff there and ask them to chime in in this thread?

I'm sure there are possible objections to an additional forum that pertain to several forms of resources, but considering that MAPS forum is not pully a very heavy load at the moment if you ask me it would be ideal if people could get some special attention there. It could be added to the guidelines, but again: there might be reasons why this is more tricky than the transparent idea we're bouncing off the wall here?

Sticky listing all B&Ds, could be listed by phenethylamines, tryptamines, ergolines. These could then all have combos and those different threads listed beneath or in post#1 of that B&D
It's piss difficult searching for things like DPT, DMT and such. Takes a bit of looking.

Sticky listing all B&Ds, could be listed by phenethylamines, tryptamines, ergolines. These could then all have combos and those different threads listed beneath or in post#1 of that B&D
It's piss difficult searching for things like DPT, DMT and such. Takes a bit of looking.

Totally agree.

Uhm, The PD Index? Listing all B&Ds would leave no room for individual threads, though some of the topics that pop up daily (First time stuff, RC on Blotter, etc.) would be a good idea IMO

maybe sticky the PD Index as well as putting the link way at the top. it took me a while to find the index when i first started PDing.

also, maybe give the stickied version a more obvious title: "Index of the Big & Dandy Threads"

Well there's more threads than just the B&Ds in there, maybe call it PD Forum Index or something? Took me a loooong while before I figured out that Psychedelic Drugs Index meant the index to PD, rather than just some psychedelic-related links. I knew that the index existed, but when I needed it I would just go to Solipsis' latest post and head straight to his sig

Get some actual members of MAPS in to review PD Daily for there input, this would be extremely beneficial, to get rid of some of the speculation present, and I feel like we lack adequate responses to some cases in PD, Having MAPS in PD Would make a huge difference. Whats the deal it seems like Bluelight is just using there logo, where is there involvement with all this? I know there a couple mods but that doesn't seem like enough. Mods are great in PD MAPS members would just be icing on the cake

Secondly the most annoying thing about my day is logging into PD and seeing nothing except dissociative talk and talk about one of the thousands of RC Tryptamines, that RC list is ever expanding and should have its own forum same with dissociative. Nootropics should be under other drugs, no friggin idea why its in PD?

Shit I think you should just merge PD with MAPS Psychedelic HR Leave out the dissociative and nootropics.

Honestly there is no action over in the MAPS forum its all in PD and ADD. What a powerful thing to be working with MAPS but your structure is out of style and a little rearranging could go along way.

Why is there PD and then MAPS psyc HR? These are the same thing? Literally bluelight is a harm reduction website so Physcedelic discussion literally is about harm reduction, so you label another forum MAPS pysc HR, Your literally making two threads about the same exact thing just labeling one MAPS, its nonsense they should be merged.

Last edited:
mrporter said:
where has the pd index been all my life thank you

Linked at the top of the PD main page in large blue font. Also in the signatures of several of the mods.

rr said:
how are we supposed to find it if it's not stickied?

It is sticked, in the PD archive.

Having MAPS in PD Would make a huge difference. Whats the deal it seems like Bluelight is just using there logo, where is there involvement with all this?

I'm guessing they have demanding careers, and find their own little section preferable, especially since they can have it reflect the professional ethos of the organization rather than user-based culture of PD.

eb said:
Why is there PD and then MAPS psyc HR? These are the same thing? Literally bluelight is a harm reduction website so Physcedelic discussion literally is about harm reduction, so you label another forum MAPS pysc HR, Your literally making two threads about the same exact thing just labeling one MAPS, its nonsense they should be merged.

I don't get it either, but the first time I saw the MAPs subforum was the same time you saw it, so PD staff is certainly not the "you" that you speak of. It's a new thing, give it time and they'll find their place on the site, go visit over there and help'em do it, why dontcha?

EB said:
Nootropics should be under other drugs, no friggin idea why its in PD?

PD used to handle all new RCs, as the RC culture was more homogenous, and the same people trying the PIHKAL/TIHKAL stuff were the same ones trying out the synthetic cannabinoids and cathinones. Nootropics fit in the selfsame way. As time went and the scene evolved, it became clear that the discussing the noids in CD and PD was redundant, and other drugs were better fit in OD...however as things stand, nootropics users still are going to have the most overlap with PD users (followed by ADD and HL members, but most discussion isn't advanced, and they're more drug than supplement, therefore ill befit a non-drug forum), so we can have the best discussion here.

Or that's my read on the situation anyway.

Last edited:
^^^ I hear ya that was just my 2 cents. PD Rocks no matter what.

Then mods should start moving very important threads to MAPS pysc HR so they get more attention, and monitor them with care so we reflect a professional scientific image with no swearing, arguing etc.. clean debate and facts. I have seen 20 threads that could have received more proper attention in the MAPS section.

I'm guessing they have demanding careers, and find their own little section preferable, especially since they can have it reflect the professional ethos of the organization rather than user-based culture of PD.

I understand they have demanding careers however bluelight gives MAPS the ability to hear exactly what is happening in the community with the most up to date information, there is no way they could gain more user perspective then right here on bluelight. So if they are going to remain two separate threads I think mods should be selective and start moving some threads to MAPS psych HR.

I just saw Solipsis move a thread there and then a different Mod moved it back, It seems everyone is confused on where stuff should go now.

My question for you NKB What is MAPS mission here? Why did they join with bluelight? I want to know what they are looking for to help them so we can all better assist.

No offense however you guys just threw MAPS into the mix with little rhyme or reason on what the overall goal is, I guess that may answer my questions.

With respect-
EB

EB said:
Then mods should start moving very important threads to MAPS pysc HR so they get more attention, and monitor them with care so we reflect a professional scientific image with no swearing, arguing etc.. clean debate and facts. I have seen 20 threads that could have received more proper attention in the MAPS section.

There has been some discussion of this. You can suggest some threads to send over, one of us might throw a few MAPS's way, they can always send'em back.

Just as speculative conversation between you and me as BLers, rather than as a staff thing:

EB said:
It seems everyone is confused on where stuff should go now

I know I am, the only meaningful difference that I can see developing between our forum and theirs is that theirs would have a stricter standard of HR (like OD-level strictness) and less zaniness than PD. But that's up to their staff to decide, it would require heavy moderation compared to a laissez-faire subforum like this one.

There has been some discussion of this. You can suggest some threads to send over, one of us might throw a few MAPS's way, they can always send'em back.

Just as speculative conversation between you and me as BLers, rather than as a staff thing:

I know I am, the only meaningful difference that I can see developing between our forum and theirs is that theirs would have a stricter standard of HR (like OD-level strictness) and less zaniness than PD. But that's up to their staff to decide, it would require heavy moderation compared to a laissez-faire subforum like this one.

KNB- Awesome that's what I like to hear, I agree the MAPS forum should have NO Zaniness, Cursing, troll/goofy responses, that makes perfect sense. I will gladly start recommending threads that MAPS may have interest in, and do my part to keep it professional.

Hopefully us at bluelight can give them something beneficial and shine some light on there already profound operation in different fields of research. It sounds greedy but I would love to see active members of MAPS expanding our already vase base of facts, first hand experience and leading edge research and getting them on here everyday to shine some light on us with there vast array of knowledge which we are mere peasants to.

I'm sure this has been said like 50 times, so sorry if I'm repeating but I'm seconding the motion if its already out there to list the know acid tabs that are RC's (good or bad, just not acid). I'm sure that list is only growing longer and constantly changing. Some kind of good tab/bad tab rating system would be nice too. I know I've bought some bunk doses over the years, and sure any legit print would be easy to go out and buy and make into fakes. then we at least know it's a gamble to buy that print. Anyway... sorry if I'm being repetitive!

@Elkat13: We don't do batch quality discussion here in PD, it's even sort of against the rules. But where it is covered is in regional fora, such as NSASDD for you and EADD for Europe and Africa.

I think that the board should be renamed to Hallucinogenic Drugs because not all hallucinogens are necessarily psychedelic drugs (a term which is commonly used to describe 5HT agonists).