• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Feedback Thread] How can WE improve on the PD forum? Suggestions welcome!

I forgot to mention that the more important reason is that as moderators we do not have such an ability. Administrators would have to set a word filter. Polite warnings are the treatment of choice at the moment and they are effective.

Your second suggestion is another item for the moderators EarthBounded. I would support a concise message like that being displayed prior to one's first post in a forum.

Wow my grammar was awful in that last post.... I don't even think questions being asked multiple times are really a problem because it gives the OP a more personal feel which I have felt myself, but a majority of the post on bluelight are too long and you have to read the whole thing because you cant miss any details so if they were summed up it would be a much more to the point ordeal around here.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I havent read all of the previous posts in this thread.

I would suppport a subforum for over 30's. PD seems to be awash right now with kids asking how to take drugs behind their parents backs and it would be nice to have an environment where discussion was more focused on psychospiritual exploration and less on getting off in any way available.

Also I think that its odd that psychedelics and disacisiatives share the same section. I consider them to have very little in common with eachother.

Also I think that its odd that psychedelics and disacisiatives share the same section. I consider them to have very little in common with eachother.

Really? The headspace of an M-hole is so psychedelic-reminiscent it isn't even funny, to me. The ego dissolution/death paired with the highly introspective headspace of an M hole is almost better for sorting through personal issues than psychedelics IMO. You can't freak out like on psys, but can see things from that same unbiased standpoint.

The dissociatives aren't popular enough to warrant their own section, and they fit better here than in OD. There are also [however unfortunately] a great many people who don't know what a dissociative is; when renaming MED, we had to take into account the chance that people wouldn't recognize the term "empathogen", as its usage is still not very popular (and these are more popular than dissociatives).

IMHO although empathogens are more popular than dissociatives I would say a much smaller portion of the users is aware of the classification.

I think most ketamine/DXM users know that they are called dissociatives.

I think bluelight would benefit from separate dissociative, stimulant and opiate forums personally. Especially the last two. IMHO of course.

I think bluelight would benefit from a separate dissociative forumpersonally.

How much server space and work would it take to create a seperate forum for dissociatives? I'm not sure about the concensus opinion, but as far as I'm concerned compounds like DXM are decidedly not psychedelics, and most often the only people using DXM are children with a very limited knowledge of what a true psychedic is. Methoxetamine, Ketamine, other arylcyclohexylamines are very different from serotogenic psychedelics and are popular enough to deman their own forum.

I think there should be more colors than blue. Or some kind of patterns or graphics. I realize this is sort if a troll answer based on logistics, but I've read studies that clinical and or stable environments trigger.bad trips, since a greater deviation from normalcy is felt. Anyway, just a thought.

@bigfan: About the first time tripper mega-thread: we have that it is in the Index:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=373572

@entheo: What would probably help a lot is to just move a lot of super basic DXM questions and such to the Basic Drug Discussion forum. I have thought about labels like tryptamines, phens, dissociatives, deliriants and maybe others - that could help to filter your view of the forum. It would mean extra work keeping track of that though, and entering the proper labels.

@parappa: Have you tried the vbulletin settings? Maybe there are different viewing options.

I just wanted to say that yall are doing a great job of moderating this forum. HR is a major rule of this site and yall have fully embraced it.

We try to avoid extra stickies because of the sign blindness phenomenon, I dont think they would reduce the incidence of such threads or be of great help, sadly.

I really wish there was a big and dandy syrian rue thread but that would take a lot of work patching together old threads and stuff i suppose. Lurking in other forums with a similar type of thing might help me out enough though.

maybe you should start a Small & Handy one

might grow up into a Big & Dandy one someday

Don't think anyone answered my casual asking in social, so I might as well ask the folks who would know. What happened to the Index link at the top of the PD main page? Was it lost during the site upgrade (or is it just my computer not displaying it)?

If the former, it'd be nice to get it back, makes it annoying to get to the index.