• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

favorite car?

Have to be either a 1967 Pontiac GTO convertable, or a Hundai 380GT.

muscle cars are nice but way too much money and unless you're filthy rich it doesn't make sense to even try to drive them hard after spending so much on basic parts. friend of mine has a Nova and a decent manual trans cost him 7k. for less than half that i could blow up my whole drivetrain on a friday, replace everything and be back on the road by sunday night. then there's the issue of outdated suspension, outdated brakes, outdated fuel system... a lot of stuff you need to replace with expensive aftermarket parts. for someone who wants to do the work themselves it's a nightmare

You're so right. I've had a 1972 Chevelle, a 1968 Camaro and a 1967 Road Runner. All bought needing work and me trying to drive them daily while working on them. Needless to say none turned out well. The RR I ended up spending 8K to have a guy drop a tricked out 440 in. Never ran right so I sold it at a loss. I'd so love to own a restored muscle car, but I'll buy something like a Hyundai Genesis Coup, or Scion FRS to just drive daily.

That's why I want a Subaru, because they handle great and my bf had two and is a great driver. It might be ideal for him to teach me in a car that handles like a champ that he's very familiar in. What car would you recommend?
I recommend a cheap fwd car that you wont feel bad about beating up, learn to drive without any driving aids like awd.Just a bare bones car, learn to drive that like a pro and you'll be good in anything.

But she may well have a few kgs on the back seat and no narc motherucker is going to pull her over.

Who "wins"?
She does, cos shes not a wage slave to a dick on wheels, like the fancy automobile clicque.

Status/muscle cars are for narcisticists with phallic insecurities. In my opinion.
Not trolling. Honest opinion.

Mustang owners are usually compensating or in a midlife crisis.BMW drivers are almost guaranteed to be asshats.

You're so right. I've had a 1972 Chevelle, a 1968 Camaro and a 1967 Road Runner. All bought needing work and me trying to drive them daily while working on them. Needless to say none turned out well. The RR I ended up spending 8K to have a guy drop a tricked out 440 in. Never ran right so I sold it at a loss. I'd so love to own a restored muscle car, but I'll buy something like a Hyundai Genesis Coup, or Scion FRS to just drive daily.

right on, love that Camaro! yeh my Nova friend drives an FRS now, really love the simple interior but it's disappointly gutless for a 200hp car that, after drivetrain losses, comes out to being slower than a B16x Civic.

My first car/favorite car
2001 BMW 325i
Nothing special but I worked hard to save up for that car, I also cried many times when I got re-ended by a drunk driver...

our first car, a 2003 325i was also rear ended in november. i hate people who tail gate. 3 seconds is too much to expect half the drivers on the road to count. and they killed my car as a result.

right on, love that Camaro! yeh my Nova friend drives an FRS now, really love the simple interior but it's disappointly gutless for a 200hp car that, after drivetrain losses, comes out to being slower than a B16x Civic.

Lol FRS slower then a B16 Civic doubt it. FRS isnt about straight line speed anyways.

That's why I want a Subaru, because they handle great and my bf had two and is a great driver. It might be ideal for him to teach me in a car that handles like a champ that he's very familiar in. What car would you recommend?

Go for it I've owned a 2002 WRX and a 2007 STi AWD a drivers aid lol surely you havent ever drag raced a manual trans AWD car with grippy tires.

My boyfriend suggested that I get an mr2 turbo. I checked out some pictures of the car and I kinda like it :) he also said he could see me in a vw rabbit. also I want a Subaru wrx sti (he use to have one and they sound amazing), obviously a gtr lmao but that's way too much power for a 100 lb girl who really doesn't know how to drive and hasn't even driven on a busy street. I also wanted a super Beatle, a vw bus (but I'm realistic and know that wouldn't be a good first car), Audi has nice cars too. Evos are nice too but after learning about the pros and cons of evos and Subarus, id much rather have a subbi.

MR2s are very difficult cars to drive properly fast due to snap over steer. I also had a 2005 RS Evo I personally prefer Evo's.

muscle cars are nice but way too much money and unless you're filthy rich it doesn't make sense to even try to drive them hard after spending so much on basic parts. friend of mine has a Nova and a decent manual trans cost him 7k. for less than half that i could blow up my whole drivetrain on a friday, replace everything and be back on the road by sunday night. then there's the issue of outdated suspension, outdated brakes, outdated fuel system... a lot of stuff you need to replace with expensive aftermarket parts. for someone who wants to do the work themselves it's a nightmare

7K for a manual trans?!?!?! A brand new Tremec T56 same trans used in Viper cost 3500 rated to hold 700 ft/lbs is that not decent. Fuck I could almost get a R35 dual clutch trans axle for 7k. http://www.americanmuscle.com/frrpp-tremec-t56-266gear.html

7K for a manual trans?!?!?! A brand new Tremec T56 same trans used in Viper cost 3500 rated to hold 700 ft/lbs is that not decent. Fuck I could almost get a R35 dual clutch trans axle for 7k. http://www.americanmuscle.com/frrpp-tremec-t56-266gear.html

I cringe when people quote prices sometimes, not everyone has the know how to find a decently priced part.Some people just figure whatever price a shop quotes is the same as everywheres else.I don't even buy my parts from my own country 99% of the time.I buy them from a major us website that saves me hundreds of dollars and at least a few thousand over the years.Plus theres the price of labour which people factor into it but you cant factor the price of labour into the price of a part or value of your car, I have my automotive mechanics certificate and do all my own work but I don't want a monotonous career changing brakes,oil, and tires.

it was something based on a T-56 but with a custom gear set as the car was already making over 600 lbs/ft and he wanted a higher rating for more insurance. i just threw that out there as an example because it was the most expensive single part that my friend ever bought for his muscle car. 7k might be a bit higher than it actually cost, all I remember for sure is it was over 5k. anyway once you start re-engineering stuff it doesn't matter where you usually source your parts (we shop Summit and JEGS too) because there might only be a few shops in the whole world with the tools and know-how (and someone who understands enough English) to build what you need to spec.

it was something based on a T-56 but with a custom gear set as the car was already making over 600 lbs/ft and he wanted a higher rating for more insurance. i just threw that out there as an example because it was the most expensive single part that my friend ever bought for his muscle car. 7k might be a bit higher than it actually cost, all I remember for sure is it was over 5k. anyway once you start re-engineering stuff it doesn't matter where you usually source your parts (we shop Summit and JEGS too) because there might only be a few shops in the whole world with the tools and know-how (and someone who understands enough English) to build what you need to spec.

One of the reasons im glad i can do my own work and source whatever tools i need to do it.Also the viper spec T56 is easy to break, if you're dead set on a 6 speed and have the money I say go for it! But for the average joe like me it's easier and thousands cheaper to build a stout automatic to handle whatever you throw at it.For anyone who wants to do their own transmission build but is scared because they havent been inside a transmission before there are books specific to the transmission you're building.I don't suggest your first experience wrenching to be a transmission though, start small with maintenance like spark plugs, brakes, and stuff like that.

My favorite American Muscle Car? The 1967 Ford Mustang GT500KR. It is such a beautiful car, I can't describe it.

My favorite Italian Supercar(and favorite style of vehicles altogether)? The Ferrari 250 GTO. Such an amazing car.