• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

favorite car?

agreed, drove a 2004 ce from Canada to Panama criscrossing the US and Mexico, oil change and one flat tire odometer read 365,000
Sweet m8, sounds like the kind of road trip I would embark on :)

I bought a bargain off an old lady recently - 1991 hatch model with about 185000km on the odometer for $1300. It is auto, so my gf can drive it around - she's pretty crap at driving manual.

It's nice to have a couple of cars to muck around with!

parts are cheap as fuck too, its hard to go wrong with toyota or honda motors they take an incredible amount of abuse, as long as you dont care what the body looks like they are great for running into the ground

So true.

I bought a lightbulb for the brake light today for $1.95 - and there were 2 in the pack.

It's a popular car, so there are a wealth of parts out there, if required.

I would recommend a Corolla to anybody as a first car, or a spare runaround, hands down.

VL Calais, have one in my garage which is slowly being done up :)
Also love R32 and 34 GTRs and MK1 Golfs ?

VL Calais, have one in my garage which is slowly being done up :)
Also love R32 and 34 GTRs and MK1 Golfs ?
Nice. What is being done to your VL?

Skylines are a sweet ride with the R engines. I do like them as well.

Volkswagen Golf GTR's are great little cars. I was looking at one, myself, recently.

When I bought it at the end of last year it was massively bogan-spec so all the mods so far have just been cosmetic except for a new power steering rack and LSD being rebuilt. Have done little things like stripped the old tint off of it, had the rust repaired in the usual VL places, had an old tow-pack removed and spent way too many hours sourcing all of the missing chrome and little bits and pieces. Car is about to go into primer and be resprayed, which will be the end of it's former neglected era. Eventually the donk will be changed to RB30ET or *if my time spent at uni pays off* RB26DETT ��

Love GTI Golfs, don't have much of a chance in finding an MK1 one in Tassie though ��

My Honda Fit, although I enjoy nice and new types of Chevrolet

1970 nova preferably 4spd with a 454 swap
1433063_600.jpg
I like too many mopars to even list

When I bought it at the end of last year it was massively bogan-spec so all the mods so far have just been cosmetic except for a new power steering rack and LSD being rebuilt. Have done little things like stripped the old tint off of it, had the rust repaired in the usual VL places, had an old tow-pack removed and spent way too many hours sourcing all of the missing chrome and little bits and pieces. Car is about to go into primer and be resprayed, which will be the end of it's former neglected era. Eventually the donk will be changed to RB30ET or *if my time spent at uni pays off* RB26DETT ��
I can picture the beast, ready to go for a thrash around the block! ;)
Love GTI Golfs, don't have much of a chance in finding an MK1 one in Tassie though ��
True. Tassie is disastrous for finding any useful ... well anything ;) :p

True. Tassie is disastrous for finding any useful ... well anything ;) :p
Totally agree.. unless you want to find bogans or overpriced speed that has been stomped on by 12 different people then Tassie isn't the place to be :p

Mine would have to be 1998-2001 Lamborghini GT Roadster....I WILL own this car one day!

I wanted to post a picture, but for some reason, Im not allowed..??

Why no make the monster known as the RB30DET? You need to plunk and RB26 head on that RB30 and go single turbo :) When I owned my skyline I remember people selling RB30 blocks from aus and everyone wanted a fucking RB30.

Cool!
What do you mean you are not allowed?
when I go to the reply advanced screen, there is no button for image upload, and down at 'posting permissions' it says I am not allowed to post attachments, not sure why its like that??

I go to copy image URL, second button..sometimes it works. But I have also received this message.

Why no make the monster known as the RB30DET? You need to plunk and RB26 head on that RB30 and go single turbo :) When I owned my skyline I remember people selling RB30 blocks from aus and everyone wanted a fucking RB30.

Ah the possibilities.. I guess it ultimately depends on what I want to get out of it - your option would be cheaper than RB26DETT and probably RB30ET too but the latter pays homage to how a VLT was originally intended to be.
But if I make my decision based on whether or not I want something that you won't see everyday then that would rule out the ET. There are so many different aspects I have to consider :-/

Can you tell how bad I am at making my mind up about something? =D