• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Extreme anxiety when smoking weed

Hi ,
I have smoked weed my whole life , when i was 22 i was on a ssri called paxil . I had problems with that shitty aids ssri so i CT the paxil . Ever since then i get anxiety from weed . Continued to smoke with anxiety cause i was such a podhead.
Now i am 32 and still smoke some weed but there is always anxiety , some times i get such a bad physical reaction that i am still thinking what the actual fuck is happening on neurochemical level when i smoke weed . Fast heart rate , heavy feeling in chest/head . Weird gravity feeling , paranoia . Most of the time it subsides after like 30mins , but sometimes its unbearable . I love smoking weed but its not fun when you take 2 hits and you go INSANE . I know what anxiety is but still i am always thinking this just can't be only anxiety . Seems like massive amounts of noradrenaline is released when i smoke or something . Extreme physical restlessnes , after continued smoking you would think at some point it would go away but it never freaking did .
I know how thc and cbd works , strain wise it doesnt rlly matter since high cbd strains doesnt seem to exist and either way its with every strain with sativa being somewhat worse . Even on benzo's there is still anxiety the first phase . I can smoke on mdma , and here comes the weird thing also on stimulants . Weirdly cause i am not a stim guy at all and it makes me edgy asf (amphetamines) but it seems like i can handle it more easy . Never found an answer to this , and i am obsessed about why and what in my brain . It doesnt matter how much i realise its anxiety when i am going bad , i am fully aware but it still gets me . Any advice or thoughts are appreciated.
ive almost stopped smoking after 40yrs because of the symptoms you describe and know others that get same but still smoke ..i think the development of strains for high thc low cbd is the main culpit as i think it has altered the cannabinoid profile too much ...if you can get cbd weed (industrial hemp) then grind it and some "bud" you can make a blend that wont cause those symptoms start with ground hemp then add a very little "bud" at a time trying it as you go till you find the blend perfect for you ....5 to 1 ratio is about right

ive almost stopped smoking after 40yrs because of the symptoms you describe and know others that get same but still smoke ..i think the development of strains for high thc low cbd is the main culpit as i think it has altered the cannabinoid profile too much ...if you can get cbd weed (industrial hemp) then grind it and some "bud" you can make a blend that wont cause those symptoms start with ground hemp then add a very little "bud" at a time trying it as you go till you find the blend perfect for you ....5 to 1 ratio is about right
High thc and low cbd definitely make a huge difference ,but i alrdy was used to strong weed since 2007 . I am from holland so weed here has pretty much always been potent . I still smoke but less , there always is some form of anxiety . I have noticed low dose edibles has less anxiety (low dose not high dose thats totally brain wrecking psycho) i also think it has to do with cannabis being used with tabacco which is a common thing here compared to usa where they smoke pure mostly . I dunno after my ssri wd i just got extreme anxiety after smoking . In that time been 3 times to ER thinking was something up with my heart only to learn in the next couple of years its anxiety . I just didnt understand somehow anxiety could cause feeling of heart attack , strain on body etc but it can .

You don't need to do that. You can just get a balanced profile hybrid.

Most places identify the percentage of CBD and the percentage of THC so ask around for a strain that's equivalent THC to CBD or a higher percentage of CBD than THC

High thc and low cbd definitely make a huge difference ,but i alrdy was used to strong weed since 2007 . I am from holland so weed here has pretty much always been potent . I
Not 25+ percent THC potent.

Herbal cannabis potency increased from 5.00% THC (3.91, 6.23) to 10.22 (9.01, 11.47).

Between 2006 and 2016, the average potency of herbal marijuana in European countries rose from 5% THC to 10.22% THC, nowhere near the potency of today's weed.

Regardless of what you may think, Holland weed isn't that much different than weed sourced in other parts of the EU.

Herbal cannabis potency increased from 5.00% THC (3.91, 6.23) to 10.22 (9.01, 11.47).

Between 2006 and 2016, the average potency of herbal marijuana in European countries rose from 5% THC to 10.22% THC, nowhere near the potency of today's weed.

Regardless of what you may think, Holland weed isn't that much different than weed sourced in other parts of the EU.
Uh i can clearly remember having more strong stranes in 2007 compared to how it is now in Holland . So i don't know that counts for Holland .

I can also get my hands on medicinal cannabis (bedrogan) which has 22% thc rate .

Uh i can clearly remember having more strong stranes in 2007 compared to how it is now in Holland . So i don't know that counts for Holland .
Nowhere near as strong as the weed today.

Weed today is 25% THC or higher.

You may think the weed was stronger in 2007, but I can assure you that it wasn't.

There's also distillates, resins, edibles, etc. Your consumption of THC is probably an order of magnitude higher than it was in 2007. That means 10 times.

Right now usa has better weed then Holland because its legalized . In holland weed has never been legal but decriminalized .

Right now usa has better weed then Holland because its legalized . In holland weed has never been legal but decriminalized .
Yeah maybe you are right , i was thinking about some strains (laughing buddah) which where sativa but maybe they where still lower in thc .

That's the point you weren't getting your hands on that in 2007.

You need to get a strain that has a balance CBD THC profile.
I understand its just impossible to obtain since every coffeeshop here only has most potent thc . And its practically the same everywhere . I can also just buy cbd and compensate it ?

I understand its just impossible to obtain since every coffeeshop here only has most potent thc . And its practically the same everywhere . I can also just buy cbd and compensate it ?
Yes you just need to calculate how much THC you are consuming and balance it.

Alternatively, you can exclusively use THC and CBD edibles and you could exactly balance your intake of both.

Extreme anxiety is a hallmark of overconsumption of cannabis and cannabis products.

The highest incidence of psychotic episodes induced by drugs is with cannabis. And it has the highest conversion rate from psychotic episode to schizophrenia among all drugs.

You don't need to do that. You can just get a balanced profile hybrid.

Most places identify the percentage of CBD and the percentage of THC so ask around for a strain that's equivalent THC to CBD or a higher percentage of CBD than THC
not applicable in the uk we dont have weed outlets etc just pot luck "excuse the pun"

not applicable in the uk we dont have weed outlets etc just pot luck "excuse the pun"
In the UK they identify up to 1 mg THC in CBD edibles. So he could get 10 to 15 CBD edibles that had 10 mg of CBD in each one. And that would be a ratio of 10 to 1 CBD to THC.

He could then manage his THC intake by counting the number of edibles he consumed.

Yes you just need to calculate how much THC you are consuming and balance it.

Alternatively, you can exclusively use THC and CBD edibles and you could exactly balance your intake of both.

Extreme anxiety is a hallmark of overconsumption of cannabis and cannabis products.

The highest incidence of psychotic episodes induced by drugs is with cannabis. And it has the highest conversion rate from psychotic episode to schizophrenia among all drugs.
This isnt always the case , i have 2 older brothers and one of them got hypervantilation from weed while always having smoked weed . This was 2005/2008 period . But the potency has been increased drastically though thats for sure 😅