• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Extreme anxiety when smoking weed

But its much more common for mdma to reduce anxiety scientificaly documented . Nausia is very common though with hightend serontonin levels but doesnt end in being sick Like alcohol in my opinion . Isnt mdma even used in PTSD patients these days ?
I believe MDMA is used in some capacity yes. I must have an atypical reaction. Also to hallucinogens like ALD-52, caused 10 hours of terror, the first 6 of which were spent vomiting/dry heaving. I guess that's what you get for using without benzos or antipsychotics on hand.

I believe MDMA is used in some capacity yes. I must have an atypical reaction. Also to hallucinogens like ALD-52, caused 10 hours of terror, the first 6 of which were spent vomiting/dry heaving. I guess that's what you get for using without benzos or antipsychotics on hand.
Ah man sounds terrible , what exactly is ald-52? A lsd type of designer ? I have done alot of 2cb in my life which can be extremely funny with some friends but i can hate the comedown of it , terrible anxiety . And yeah i think its always good to have benzo's/anti psychotics in hand . I saved a friend of mine who tried 2cb alone for first time he called me he had terrible reaction and all i had was mirtazapine which actually helped tremendously . But don't sweat it man every brain is different as for me i take some hits from some pussy weed and dial 911 afterwards :(

Ah man sounds terrible , what exactly is ald-52? A lsd type of designer ? I have done alot of 2cb in my life which can be extremely funny with some friends but i can hate the comedown of it , terrible anxiety . And yeah i think its always good to have benzo's/anti psychotics in hand . I saved a friend of mine who tried 2cb alone for first time he called me he had terrible reaction and all i had was mirtazapine which actually helped tremendously . But don't sweat it man every brain is different as for me i take some hits from some pussy weed and dial 911 afterwards :(
Yeah man ALD-52 is an LSD analogue. I wasn't right for a week after that night. I should have sought medical attention tbh. Quetiapine and Diazepam would have shut that shit down quick.

Yeah man ALD-52 is an LSD analogue. I wasn't right for a week after that night. I should have sought medical attention tbh. Quetiapine and Diazepam would have shut that shit down quick.
Yeah seroquel is also best to end a stimulant high because it totally blocks the dopamine receptor unlike benzo's which help but do not end it because it works on gaba .

I am nearly 30 now. Started smoking weed daily at 16, quit at 28.

I would occasionally get anxious when smoking, but never enough to put me off.

Then all of a sudden, I couldn't smoke at all without experiencing intense anxiety and paranoia. I would ruminate about all the things that happened during the day, and panic over the thought that I was coming across as a loser/arsehole/idiot etc. to other people.

It was easy to quit in the end as I was getting zero upside and 100% downside

I had bad anxiety with weed from the get-go. Some of the worst panic attacks of my life were weed-induced. I hung around with a lot of stoners and at one stage I was scared to be in the same room as it.

People always say "try edibles" or "you're around the wrong people".. No, it just doesn't agree with my brain chemistry. My brother was the same. I'm not so bad now but there's no way it'll ever relax me like benzos or opiates (or alcohol but that's a pandora's box now).

If you don’t like the way it makes you feel then don’t smoke it.

This doesn’t seem like a complicated issue to me😁

The last time I had this was because I absolutely smashed the weed; made pancakes with it of all things, I don’t know if the oil did something to it but I completely lost my head and got the fear big time, it was hideous. Could you lessen your intake maybe and see if that helps? Obviously you want enough to be able to get the desired affect, but just lessen it so it doesn’t give you the negative side effects?

yea ya gotta smoke the weaker strains

purple punch always comes to mind when we're talking weak

i think most of the girl scout crosses are weak sauce too - maybe try those

If you don’t like the way it makes you feel then don’t smoke it.

This doesn’t seem like a complicated issue to me😁

That's how I feel too.

There are some simple solutions you can try, like delta 8 (which IME, and many others I've read on this site, is less anxiogenic than regular delta 9), or those delta 9 vapes that deliver a small, measured hit of THC per hit. I had one of those at one point, can't remember the brand, but it was nice....you'd take a few hits, wouldn't feel that high, then take a few more and the cumulative effect would build up until you suddenly felt, damn, I feel stoned. lol. But in a nice way, not a sudden psychedelic blast or anything like that. Also low dose edible products.

But, for some people, none of that will work. For some people, their brains just can't handle the THC family. If that's the case, it's just time to close the book on weed and go find other drugs which are more in line with your personal tastes and physiology, if that's appealing to you.

I was a total pothead from age 16 to about 23 years. Used to smoke 24/7, usually imported hash from Marocco or Afghanistan (high CDB stuff). When all the new weed strains such as white widow, jack herer, K2, AK47 and so on showed up, they started to displace the hashish over here in Germany in the early 2000s. I switched (had to switch...)to these weed strains and I got more and more paranoid when I smoked, to the point of me being not able to enjoy the experience. I got anxiety, paranoia and physical symptoms such as heart pounding or irregular heartbeat. I stopped weed for 15 years.

I got back into cannabis recently due to stopping my opiate addiction. I still get anxiety when smoking weed but I get really nice effects out of low dose edibles. I baked weed brownies with 200mg of weed flower per piece. When I eat half of such a brownie (100mg weed, around 10-20mg of THC) I get nicely but mildly stoned for 4-5hours without much anxiety. I often drink two beers when first effects kick in to make it even smoother. I love these edibles, the cost is next to nothing and the effects are really great.

I have achieved massive anxiety reduction high after month break. Complete absence of anxiety and obsessive-compulsivity unless I drink caffeine.
First hit with tobacco without tolerance to either was furious for 15 minutes tho... I was also fucking drunk

In my case it just requires devotion and lucidity. Weed doesn't like it if I want to forget, it kicks me in the face. And vaporizing is better than smoking.

I am actually less anxious high but I have been on opposite attractor too, many times
Anxiety is weird
:Sherlock:

I never tolerated weed unless it was low-potency outdoor stuff. Just a few puffs of an Amsterdam joint let my heart and thoughts race, together with a headache and sweating if I remember it correctly. CBD alleviated these negative symptoms, maybe you might try to pre-dose with a bit of THC?

I'd love to have weed available as a drug/tool as it sounds like the perfect 'soft' drug but I'm just not compatible with it. Tried a couple of times and always very uncomfortable or downright panic.

I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety when smoking weed. It's not uncommon, and many people experience similar feelings. If you're looking for guidance on managing this, you might consider reaching out to a cannabis clinic. They can offer expert advice and discuss alternative strains or methods that could be better suited for you. Remember, your well-being comes first, so it's essential to find an approach that works for you.

Last edited:
I'm in my 40's. Been smoking since the 90's but the past few years daily. If i smoke a joint sometimes i get super anxious. A couple puffs of a vape don't seem to though.
I might try quitting for a while, i'm almost done my morphine taper and want to be drug free for a bit. Weed is 20x more potent now also

I never tolerated weed unless it was low-potency outdoor stuff. Just a few puffs of an Amsterdam joint let my heart and thoughts race, together with a headache and sweating if I remember it correctly. CBD alleviated these negative symptoms, maybe you might try to pre-dose with a bit of THC?

I'd love to have weed available as a drug/tool as it sounds like the perfect 'soft' drug but I'm just not compatible with it. Tried a couple of times and always very uncomfortable or downright panic.
predose actually makes thc hit harder and faster, better off only with or after thc consumption

I decided to stop smoking today. My head already feels much clearer and thoughts are easier to process.

Haven't had a break in years to be honest so it's probably well overdue.