• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Extreme anxiety when smoking weed

Kizaru

Bluelighter
Hi ,
I have smoked weed my whole life , when i was 22 i was on a ssri called paxil . I had problems with that shitty aids ssri so i CT the paxil . Ever since then i get anxiety from weed . Continued to smoke with anxiety cause i was such a podhead.
Now i am 32 and still smoke some weed but there is always anxiety , some times i get such a bad physical reaction that i am still thinking what the actual fuck is happening on neurochemical level when i smoke weed . Fast heart rate , heavy feeling in chest/head . Weird gravity feeling , paranoia . Most of the time it subsides after like 30mins , but sometimes its unbearable . I love smoking weed but its not fun when you take 2 hits and you go INSANE . I know what anxiety is but still i am always thinking this just can't be only anxiety . Seems like massive amounts of noradrenaline is released when i smoke or something . Extreme physical restlessnes , after continued smoking you would think at some point it would go away but it never freaking did .
I know how thc and cbd works , strain wise it doesnt rlly matter since high cbd strains doesnt seem to exist and either way its with every strain with sativa being somewhat worse . Even on benzo's there is still anxiety the first phase . I can smoke on mdma , and here comes the weird thing also on stimulants . Weirdly cause i am not a stim guy at all and it makes me edgy asf (amphetamines) but it seems like i can handle it more easy . Never found an answer to this , and i am obsessed about why and what in my brain . It doesnt matter how much i realise its anxiety when i am going bad , i am fully aware but it still gets me . Any advice or thoughts are appreciated.

Do you get pleasurable effects also?

What you describe are the overdose symptoms of cannabis. Even seasoned regular users get those occasionally with very high doses. I need about 100x more than you for it to be too much, but the symptoms are exactly the same. Heart racing, chest pains, body shaking, dysphoria and paranoia, beginning to make peace with death... Pretty much a panic attack. You should try lowering your dose and see what happens.

If you feel a lack of desirable effects i would simply conclude this drug is not for you anymore.

it started happening to me,
I stopped altogether,
why wasting my mental energy and money in something that makes me feel bad?
I prefer to be somewhat addicted to kratom (less than 9 grams a day) that using something that kills my will, that makes me fog-headed and in top of that makes me feel bad most of times.
It seems to happen with a lot of people, your body starts telling you that you lifetime marihuana quota has finished,
next drug please!!

My first real weed experience was in Australia with friends of a girl a met on the way. I was fresh out of high school, and in a foreign continent with no real connection there. Overall an interesting experience.
Then I went to study in Germany, got a boyfriend who after some time turned into a real pothead. By then I knew cannabis wasn't my thing. Where others got like silly and didn't want to do more than sitting around and watch TV and laugh at all tje wrong stuff, I felt the urge to get out, do stuff, have a huge part. Not being able to do that (because I was with this people) made me quite anxious. So it probably wasn't the drug, but the people I was hanging out with.

In addition to totally possible neurochemical alteration I would also think about
1) conditioning. applies particularly to anxiety/fear, I've heard you need more than 4x positive experiences compared to negative to avoid conditioning to anxiety/fear
2) psychedelia. What is going on in your life?

Do you get pleasurable effects also?

What you describe are the overdose symptoms of cannabis. Even seasoned regular users get those occasionally with very high doses. I need about 100x more than you for it to be too much, but the symptoms are exactly the same. Heart racing, chest pains, body shaking, dysphoria and paranoia, beginning to make peace with death... Pretty much a panic attack. You should try lowering your dose and see what happens.

If you feel a lack of desirable effects i would simply conclude this drug is not for you anymore.
Yes , i still like gaming , watching series etc . It still works as a anti bordedome after the anxiety wears off . How more fit i am the better i can handle it . And obviously i still just love the taste of weed :)

it started happening to me,
I stopped altogether,
why wasting my mental energy and money in something that makes me feel bad?
I prefer to be somewhat addicted to kratom (less than 9 grams a day) that using something that kills my will, that makes me fog-headed and in top of that makes me feel bad most of times.
It seems to happen with a lot of people, your body starts telling you that you lifetime marihuana quota has finished,
next drug please!!
Hey man i also love kratom . The thing is i also love smoking weed ON kratom .. but yeah i totally get where you coming from . Kratom does lower the anxiety from weed also . I love red and green strains . It helped me to stay off ghb and stims which was my main addiction the past years.

In addition to totally possible neurochemical alteration I would also think about
1) conditioning. applies particularly to anxiety/fear, I've heard you need more than 4x positive experiences compared to negative to avoid conditioning to anxiety/fear
2) psychedelia. What is going on in your life?
I do have massive problems in my life . I suffer from personality disorder . I have not worked in the last freaking 10 years . So yeah my mind ain't in a good place rlly ever . Maby i just rlly can't ever smoke weed anymore unfortunately. But then everyone in my friend circle smoke weed . And sometimes its just like Ah i take a couple of hits without thinking . And then its like ok i am fucked , not gonna feel good for the next hour :(
Not even speaking about the times i had ghb withdrawal/rebound and accidently smoked weed . Jezus christ , i must have been blacklisted cause of calling ambulance :(

Well said @Mjäll ! Me AM thinking in panic attack and its not nice....You should be thinking to low your dose or even stop smoking weed. I had the same experience
and I had to go to the hospital and take a benzo to try to relax then I got home and IT was the last day I smoke I joint of hash. Nowadays I don't smoke a joint since 2002.
In I'm proud and happy about that. There's a plus nowadays and It's the power of the ganja that is rouling at the streets, on assos, whenever you buy It's a really powerfull herb.
Im sure that I Can't smoke ....that it's not difficult for me to pass a night without weed. At the begining I start to roll cigarrets and IT Was easy to stop cannabis. I was a terrible user of ganja, my symptoms began with weed then I turned to morroco hash that has low psicoactivity but at the end I had to stop allkind of THC form. Now I live my life without THC cause I think I saturate my receptors, I guess. So now I smoke my rolling cigarrets and I am happy about that. I nearly have an aversion to THC whatever the form is. I understood that this drug couldn't help me enough and I't touched me. these days I had a girlfriend ho smoke joints and IT didn't make my life hell for this reason. I simply coexist with THC like a terrible drug that is not made to me. Lots of my friends smoke ganja and It's not a problem with it because It disgust for me, so I just don't react to joints or any THC format, I just ignore weed. I didn't struggled to do It, just finished with it and never use it again. @Kizaru think about It, It's the same thing experimented som years before. So read and relax...And experiment the power of cigarrets and the anxiety bomb that is cannabis. I Was like you, a weed user, but now I don't need it, only the smells make me nausea and I don't like the smell at all
Well I think It was too much and I'll finish now.
Lots of 💜 to you and your family & friends
THC can be dangerous for some people.
💯% fan of calm down Substances.
Thanks for your input , i appreciate it !

Do you roll your weed to tobacco?
Yeah , and yes smoking pure weed with a vaporizer has less anxiety . We are just used here to smoke with tabacco . I know weed is a vasodilator and tabacco ain't , maby this combination causes some people weird shit ?
Its rlly stupid because alot of the addiction has to do with just liking to smoke a joint .

any procholinergic can cause anxiety, I doubt it has anything to do with vasoconstriction, more with hypothalamus, I think.

There is alot going on here, but I will lead with psychosomatic being the most plausable until you add more data to the question being asked.

Trust me, I'll dive right in to how alot of these systems work.

Hope your having an awesome day!

PDs fucking suck. I also have several traumas (well, why would I have PD in the first place lol if not for that?) so Imma going to be fucked forever I guess.
I have habit of asking if I'd prefer to be sober while I am baked if I am anxious. It helps.
HELL NO, fuck that shit. And when I forget about anxiety, it is gone then. Until I ask myself if I am anxious, then I am anxious again lol fuck. I DON'T KNOW MAN.
I think cannabis just leaves so strong imprint of every experience. When I think about it, my most lively memories of teen years were when I was fucking baked. I don't think it fucks memory processing that coherently after all.

That being said, I don't claim that is enough reason to neglect emotional distress high causes. If it does that, it does that, and it is exercise in futility to fight it. Only thing that helps me is being without or concentrating on something else while high. Or not concentrating, which leads us to the art of not giving a fuck.

I have ended blazing mostly only when I can allow myself any emotional state whatsoever. Nothing else seems to help in the long run, aside of just dealing with the shit I need to. Also treating the anxiety with any other substance seems to turn against itself very, very fast. Faster than tolerance gain or such. It just fucks up the intention of the tripping. Demanding bitch of a drug, I recommend to totally quit whatsoever, cannabis fucking sucks. Ok now I am just rambling fucking drunk.

Hey man i also love kratom . The thing is i also love smoking weed ON kratom .. but yeah i totally get where you coming from . Kratom does lower the anxiety from weed also . I love red and green strains . It helped me to stay off ghb and stims which was my main addiction the past years.
In my case I got "addicted" to kratom because of several things: it helps my diabetes type 1 to stay in check and I don't feeel that bad when I have bad BSugar,
makes me calmer and I can bear my gf BPD crisis that are pretty horrible and desperate (bad thing, I know, but... it's better than nothing)
the corona lockdown was a nightmare here, you couldn't even go out of your home in 3 months, unless you went to buy food, throw trash in its trash can or to the pharmacy... It was outrageous so I started using more (my gf also started having splits often).

I know that thing about weed and kratom, they feel super good together, but I felt bad several times before mixing it, so I didn't buy the trick, so to speak, is like a period of my life I went through. Maybe sometime I'll get some potent sativa for quasi-psychedelic music improvising or that kind of stuff, but as a ritual, like when using psychedelics.
I think kratom kept me off of harder stuff like cathinones and that type of shit, that I started using more or less at the same time. But I guess I wouldn't get really addicted to them, since they don't fit a "normal life" with a job or responsability, for quite long.

I had bad anxiety with weed from the get-go. Some of the worst panic attacks of my life were weed-induced. I hung around with a lot of stoners and at one stage I was scared to be in the same room as it.

People always say "try edibles" or "you're around the wrong people".. No, it just doesn't agree with my brain chemistry. My brother was the same. I'm not so bad now but there's no way it'll ever relax me like benzos or opiates (or alcohol but that's a pandora's box now).

I have found that eating edibles/tinctures are more user friendly in terms of anxiety, but ONLY if you really try diligently to keep doses low/manageable. I really don't inhale it any more and only ingest D9 (as well as THC-O, THC-P, THC-B, HHC, Delta 8, Delta 10, etc., in tincture form). Not only does it last for a very long time, but again, at smaller doses is far more enjoyable to me in terms of comfort and functionality. For me, even 15 or 20 mg gives me what I like and am comfortable with. But of course, THC certainly is not for everyone, and I know many people that gave it up primarily due to heightened anxiety responses, even long time smokers. I also think that taking breaks from it and trying hard not to over do it once you re-engage makes it far more enjoyable. Lower tolerance, and less use/smaller dosage always seemed to work better for me (and others) over time. As a former daily smoker many moons ago, I really enjoyed it far less as I used more. As always, YMMV.

Surprisingly I have noticed same thing, even if orally it should make you more fucked up in head in theory. It is just gentler. Probably pretty much come-up thing, then. And lack of huge, sudden contrasts I could get stuck concentrating on. And no fucking nicotine, it makes me feel "eh" even solo.
Also I have found sativa makes me wayyyyy less anxious, possibly because couch-lock and personality disorder which turns to basically workaholism and control freaking have some friction. Even if I had no plans further than getting couch-locked.

I did not read all the responses, but its very common for weed to turn on people around your age.. maybe a little bit later on for most. Also on top of this occasional use of modern super potent grass is quite the experience, so occasional doses are really potentate.. daily smoking gives a much more enjoyable high compared to a couple times a month. I would look to very low doses of 100% indica. There are other solutions out there, but im not going to get into them.

I Can't Smoke ganja since 1998 I think. It Gave me lots of pànic attacks. Ive smoke tons of weed, a good one.

first time I got to an hospital It was the first time I had a pànic attack. They give me 10mg diazepam and got home..

Ive been a very hard smoker of weed. I did it all. I cultivate like 15 monsters plants and we recollect them. Then we dry It all the plants inverted. the dry is one of the most important process. We did it very well, so we smoked first class weed. We Win two competition.
We had one type that was hipersonic and hyperwelldone weed. It had a colour that I've never seen. Violet and white. And when you smoked you could taste it and I affirm that nobody had a weed with this taste. It taste it like flowers are opening and giving you the flavour. It was called Original Flo. I can remember the taste, the plant and the smell.
Well I'll post more about my experience about this sacred plant. Near to GOD.

Lots of 💜 to all community
Kisses to all the gyals in blueligh.org