• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Extracting fentanyl from polymer-matrix patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gezzzz have to be so desperate to go thru all that and take the chance of killing yourself. I know what it feels like to be so desperate, so I am calling it cuz I have been there. I plugged all my morphine IR they were for breakthrough pain, so in spite of haveing a bunch of Fentenayl for chonic pain, I still love a good opiate High which I dont get from the patch, just no pain and I'm grateful for that. But I'm jonesing for something to get me high.This freakN town is dry and filled with crack monsters. No opiate nod heads, a bunch of kids go to the methadone clinic since they can't IV pills as easily anymore. Anyway harm reduction is good, many times when I lived in San Francisco, CA...where Tar is around every corner, there were always needle exchanges around. Anyway why can't I just find a few ballons sitten around.
In some dream maybe...peace

Last edited:
damn im so glad i found this article last night. i didnt think you could abuse the matrix patches..but i followed this guide to a t and now im sitting on a big vial of fentanyl. and now i can quit wasting these fuckers by cheeking them. I tried to get help on other sites on this subject and nobody wanted to help me out. idk why its such a touchy subject. Thanks a ton for this write up man. really

Are these patches different from the duragesic films ? I had no luck chewing a used 100 mcg/hour patch (yeah its pretty low, but is what it is) and there supposed to be a lot left even after 2 days.

Ok, so here's my sitch.......got two boxes of Apotex patches, and they suck balls. The patch is super flimsy, and is really easily crinkled. Awful. I'm a chronic pain sufferer on 50mcg/h fent patches, 10 oxy for breakthrough. I usually can get by with playing with 2 patches a month while wearing the rest as prescribed. I've always just sucked on them, and then put them in a little dish sticky side upto save for later. This was a no go with the Apotex patches, and I know this sounds crazy, but the adhesive will roll right off those patches right out of the package and you end up with a little tiny piece of fent gum. I'd chew it til I felt it then would put it down. Each chew lasted longer and longer til I didn't feel like I was getting anything from it. So now I'm at the end of the month out of weird fentanyl gum, and out of my oxy and have a few days to wait. I have two malinkroft patches that I sucked on here and there, and have no idea how much fent is in then. They are still tacky to the touch though, so I'd assume that there would have to be some in there, right? I have 2 little boys, 2 and 3 who not only need their mama at a functional pain level but they also need her not to be crazy sick from w/d. So. I have 2 malinkroft, (which are just your ordinary matrix patch) and a weird wad of fent gum from the Apotex patches. I've got some hydros which I'm going to take at night to tamp down w/d symptoms so I can sleep but I'm desperate. My pain is bad. My tolerance is probably on the average side compared to most of you. 6 10oxy give me a buzz, 4 10oxy helps with pain, 3 10oxy takes the edge off, and I usually want take less than that because it's a waste. All of those are with me wearing my 50mcg/h fent patch. I'm a desperate chica and will take any recommendations you guys could throw my way. I. Seriously need relief, but I don't want to die. There is a lot of grey area between that, and I'm having a hard time navigating my way around all this. Thanks

Storing extracted fent

Hi all!
Sorry for bumping a year-old thread, but I have a new question. So I have a bunch of Durogesic patches of wich I'm about to extract the drug. (Btw I think methanol would be a better solvent than IPA.) I should do it soon becouse the patches are alredy expired and I'm afraid if I wait for too long I won't be able to extract most of the fentanyl. But I don't want to use the extract up right away (and I can't do it anyway becouse - should my yield be near 100% - it's way too much for just a few shots). So I will need to store it for a long while. Will it last in an ethanol solution? Or what if I evaporate the extracting (methanol) solution in a capped dark glass vial and leave it as that thin film on the vials bottom until use?

Help me please

OK I am having with doing this. I have severe pain from an auto accident I was involved in a few years ago. I ended up with a very rare nerve condition called CRPS which is extremely painful! My Doctor that was treating me for years was prescribing me Opana 40mg 3Xs a day and Oxycodone 30mg 4Xs a day, so my tolerance is quite high! I use to do the Opana pretty much the same way so I understand how this works, but I am having trouble doing this with the Name Brand Fentanyl Patch...(DURAGESIC 25MCG/H "FENTANYL TRANSDERMAL SYSTEM") I put the patch in about 3oz of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol , I placed it in a metal measuring 1 cup, now this measuring cup is pretty cool cuz it is made like a small pot, even has a handle on it. I left it in there an hour, now I didn't remove the adhesive cuz it has p to be what contains the actual medicine cuz all it consists of is the adhesive on a very thin layer of plastic. I then took a cotton and filtered it with a larger 22g needle and put the solution in another 1/2 cup measuring cup of the same nature. I took that land placed it in a boiling pot water to evaporate the filtered Alcolol. What I was left with was a white film on the bottom, which I assumed was the medicine(like it is when I did the Opana this way) When I put a few cc of water on it the film just rolled into a ball of glue. Just like I had put glue in my hand and rubbed my hands together, just like I think we all did as children. So what I am left with a ball of glue in some water,.....I even tried boiling that water in hopes it would cook some medicine into the water. I drew that up and shot it up with 0 result! I tried 2 pretty much the same way with no prevail. I can't afford to waste any more of them and am at a loss of how to make these help me. I even tried wearing one... I cleaned my arm at the site with Alcohol I placed it and applied a heating pad in hopes it would expedite things, weather it did or not IDK it didn't help my pain one bit. I really don't know what to do at this point, all I know is I can NOT tolerate this pain for much longer so if anyone could help me that would be great! WHAT AM I DOING I know there is a way to shoot theses just need to know what I am doing wrong. And I need answers not someone telling me not to do it so keep that BS to your self. I never abused drugs before or even took any pills not even for a headache but my pain is unreal and my tolerance keeps going up, first started snorting my pills and when that stopped working I started shooting them. So till you walk a mile in my shoes you couldn't possibly "get it". I believe most ppl that use any substance is due to some kind of pain weather it be physical, mental or, emotional so don't be so quick to judge or put your 2 cents in without know how or what that person feels! SO ANYONE THAT CAN HELP I'D BE VERY THANKFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

I even tried wearing one...
So you are saying that the first thing that you did with those patches was trieing to abuse them instead of useing them as prescribed? Geeez, that wrong! In case you didn't know: shooting up fent wont give you a lasting relief becouse it has a very short half-life. Short as in minutes! If you really have chronic pain then don't fuck around and wear those patches! And don't fuck around with alcohol-rubbing and heating while wearing them either, apply the patch on a dry, hairless area and let it do it's job - and please note that it can be as long as half a day until the first patch reaches it's maximum effect.
If the 25 mcg patches won't relive your pain still don't fuck around with them, but go back to your doctor and tell him/her that you need a higher dose and something for breaktrough pain!

If you still really want to, you may try and extract the leftover fentanyl from the used patches - they still contain about half the original content. I haven't tried the extraction myself yet but I read the whole thread and never seen anyone getting some gluelike thing that you got. Anyway you didn't follow OP-s method exactly. Fentanyl dissolves poorly in water so you definitly need some ethanol to dissolve the extract. Also it might be better to filter the ethanol/water solution instead the IPA solution, but it might be indifferent. Hovever be sure to wash the filter with pure solvent (after filtering) so you won't have fentanyl stuck in it.
Also there was someone in this thread who made nasal spray for breakthrough pain from used patches, you might want to search for his posts.
Also methanol might be better for extracting if you can make sure you don't inhale it's fumes when evaporateing.

I just NEED to say...in the interest of HR. An old friend of mine just dies four days ago by injecting fentynal. He had his baby there and the baby had to cry for almost 8hrs before someone came in and found him. : (
Sorry but I can't read about this without warning. And that's only one of the three ODs we've had this year in my small town. All from banging fentynal. (sp sorry)

So in English your saying to place the patch in alcohol for about an hr than in a dbl broiler allow it to evaporate than with the film that's left around the metal measuring cup put about 4 ml of vodka with it and I can do this buccal style with solution in a cotton under my tongue???

wondering if the 50 mg duragesic patch fell off in shower is the patch still good? Or did the medicine wash down the drain?

Wondering fentanyl patch 50 mg ... I took a shower and it fell off is the medicine still on the patch. It is a mylan?

I hadto try this because I've always just sucked on the patches and thought I was getting high.
Throw your patch in IPA for hour plush, then do the vodka dilutions. I didn't hit the first atte it because I we'd And i Gotts d say it works.
I'm nodding like crazy on about 60 units in tha nose

look i understand where a bunch of you guys are coming from. yes a bunch of people are on here could handle themselves with a extraction method. yes you guys do deserve to know the most effective/cost effective way to abuse whatever you want safely. the information is out there. you can findd it with some digging/asking around.

i just dont feel this kind of information should be blasted across the front page/given to everyone. i cant imagine the amount of stupid uneducated kids read this forum. the countless "am i going to be ok?" and "is it ok if i take _____, _____, and ______?" threads we get every day just proves that. look at how many guests view this forum guys. it really concerns me

sorry if i rained on yalls party. i just dont want to see people get burnt.

i was thinking the very same, the thread title is just a big advert to junkies with a short attention span telling them to extract fentanyl. maybe make the title more cyrptic or something, i dont know, something needs to be done, maybe stick a big red [DANGER] in the title.

I agree, with the shortness and uneducated it IS dangerous. But this is harm reduction. This is way the hell safer then those gels. The sandoz matrix ones actually DO work very well subligual.. Dunno if it's just there method of matrix or what. Right now the malinkrodt matrix take FOREVER break down. And don't so shit bucally.

But as you can see from last nights post, 60 units in the nose had me belligerent off a 75 soaked for 3 house... When it got low I'd put a tiny bit more IPA 91 in the steal dish on the lowest heat (basically room temp). Then I diluted and started very slow. You must start slow. Start like a unit in a rig in the nose (don't iv myself). And work up. But I DEFINETLY noticed that from alllll the diff matrix ones out there some take longer to break down, some work bucally actually (sandoz especially) and the sandoz extracted in 30 minutes or less with 4ml 91 IPA. It's all very interesting

I agree, with the shortness and uneducated it IS dangerous. But this is harm reduction. This is way the hell safer then those gels. The sandoz matrix ones actually DO work very well subligual.. Dunno if it's just there method of matrix or what. Right now the malinkrodt matrix take FOREVER break down. And don't so shit bucally.

But as you can see from last nights post, 60 units in the nose had me belligerent off a 75 soaked for 3 house... When it got low I'd put a tiny bit more IPA 91 in the steal dish on the lowest heat (basically room temp). Then I diluted and started very slow. You must start slow. Start like a unit in a rig in the nose (don't iv myself). And work up. But I DEFINETLY noticed that from alllll the diff matrix ones out there some take longer to break down, some work bucally actually (sandoz especially) and the sandoz extracted in 30 minutes or less with 4ml 91 IPA. It's all very interesting

harm reduction all the way, dont wanna derail or anything but it is kinda worrying. like i mentioned, maybe if OP could maybe stick a big red [DANGER] in the title. then it would appear to be something not to do if you skim the title, but if you look within, it turns out it can be fine if youre careful. probably the better way for it to work than vice-versa no?

and as a not user of opiates, this still interests me :p

PLEASE HELP ME!! SWIM has a couple 1200mcg fentanyl lollipops and while they are great, they don't last long. SWIM was wondering if anyone could please help find any info as to "pluggin" these. Not the whole thing at once, but say, break a piece off and stick it up there. These won't last long so any timely response would be GREATLY appreciated. Does anyone have advice about maybe breaking a piece off and administering it anally? I've read a lot of good things with people doing this will the jell from the patches but I can't find anything about the pops. Time is of the essence, please any timely advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I am puzzled over many of the posts of hate and disagreement. We all should know the dangers by the time we are prescribed, etc. And for those of you who have obtained your fent illegally, please be careful as hell. Most deaths come from heating pads, etc, but as has been said before, most abuse deaths have been from shooting gel or inappropriately prepared iv. I have never iv'd fent, and never will. But after numerous surgeries and being probably the youngest chronic pain patient on this board, as well as one of the most injured, I may try the posted procedure. And yes, I have a pre-med/cellular biology degree and a minor in chemistry. After 6 chem classes with labs, organic 1 and 2, p chem, etc, I am pretty sure I can handle a simple purification lab using ethanol to purify and dry a solvent. OP, nicely written directions, easy to follow, should be easy to duplicate. If I do try I will post my results. I still actually use the reservoir patches however. They are more difficult to keep on for the full 48 hours, but they provide more relief for me than the matrix. But I sometimes request the matrix instead in the summer so I do not have as much trouble trying to keep them on. Thanks again OP.

Also, many do not understand the strength of these patches. They are many times stronger than heroin in terms of pure strength, but are also prescribed in much smaller doses and also do not have the same effects that heroin have, especially the rush and high feeling, etc. But do not let the difference in how the chemical affects the mind let it fool you about it's strength and dangers. The two can not properly be compared in a synonymous manner with accuracy.

Last edited:
Well said, my dr said the same thing about comparing morphine to fentanyl, by they cannot be compared by strength, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.