• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Extracting fentanyl from polymer-matrix patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ agree, I've been wearing a 50mcg patch for pain control for years and I don't want to go any higher, gives me bad headaches when tried pnce, it was incredibly irresponsible for that doctor to prescribe a 75 for someone taking the odd Vicodin. Find another doctor asap, ladybugkiller and best of luck to you, you should be able to find much better and safer means to deal with your back pain than what that quack prescribed.

I just picked up a Mylan 25mcg fentanyl patch. My buddy said it was the gel patch but nope. Just dimethicone NF and silicone adhesive. I havent messed with any opiates for a little while so my tolerance is a bit low. So to be safe because it is fentanyl I cut it in half. I let the strip soak in isopropyl rubbing alcohol for a few minutes. I dried off my gum and dumped some rubbing alcohol along my gums. Took the strip and let it sit on my gums. 30 minutes later I'm definitely feeling it. Pretty basic and simple method. I'm sure everyone is going to say that I'm an idiot but it seems to work for me

I would be very careful since the fentanyl is often not evenly distributed throughout the patch, so cutting the patches into pieces is not a failsafe way of dividing doses. It's so extremely dangerous it's not even worth it.

It's your own life, idiotic or not, people have died doing what you're doing, and it's as simple as that. It's unpredictable, it's russian roulette every time, and with fentanyl there are an unknown amount of bullets in the barrel.

Ive used this method several times now with sucess i guess. It def gets u off but seems 2 b no rush @ all i started very small n worked all the way up 2 doing an entire 50 mcg patch in 2 shots within 20-30 mins very weird buzz n very scary to read all the warnings so maybe i just have a high tolerence n need to do more but dont want to risk that. my opinon as far as taking glue off is to wait till its cooked for 30-40 min @ a very low buble then peel glue off n put patch back in and boil down faster n remove patch when the liquiq gets low enough to start 2 not cover it. It definately works its just very hard to feel instantly its nothing like the rush of other opiates! I know its working tho because it will,make me itch n puke so i have to b quite close to max dose for me

solubility problem with finished extraction

Sorry to post in an older thread but I seem to be having trouble with the I.V. method. I have used this extraction technique many times in order to smoke or take rectally and I consider myself an experienced fentanyl user (I have had close calls with fentanyl and I have a healthy respect for its potency, something I initially didn't appreciate :S). Until a few months ago I did not use anything I.V. Since i began using I.V. I have not had access to any patches until a couple days ago. I wore one for a little less than 48 hours and then ran an extraction (I am confident I did my math right to get a good dose. I subtracted 8 hours from "time worn" in order to give myself a safety buffer). The end product is quite gooey and smokes decently but when i tried to dissolve in water/vodka solution it stayed in gel form. I tried letting sit for about an hour and also tried adding heating but none of it makes a difference. Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Is it anything to do with the fact I wore it first? Idk why it would matter :(

Oh and sorry if this has been covered before in this thread i skimmed most of it (damn there are lots of posts) already but didn't see anything along these lines.

Fentanyl IV with lemon juice and water mixture

This was a very well written set of instructions for this procedure. Well Done Sir!!! I have found the best way for IV use is a lemon juice and water mix with light heat. It works exeptionally well.

I took a Jansen 75 mcg patch and cut it into 4 equal pieces then I take one of those and cut that in half. Now I am only using 1/8th of the patch. Using a fairly large spoon, I took 2 ml of Store bought bottled lemon juice and 2 ml of water and added them to the spoon. Then I remove the clear protective backing and place the patch sticky side down in the mixture of lemon juice and water. Using a lighter, I apply heat to the spoon but be careful, DO NOT boil. I applied constant heat to the spoon until it would bubble from the heat and then immediately remove flame. After waiting for 30 seconds I repeat the previous step. I repeated this for maybe 15 mins or until maybe half of the liquid is left.

After letting it cool down for a few mins, I remove the patch and usually just chew on it but after slowly cooking it I doubt there is anything left on the patch anyway. Then I used a small piece of cig filter because that is all I have, but obviously a micron filter is ideal for this. I ended up with almost exactly one whole 1ml syringe full of the finished mixture. I have a fairly high opiate tolerance but after did this I was scared of passing out. The rush was so intense I ended up throwing up twice. I am a seasoned addict and I was floored at how potent and how well this lemon-water mixture worked. I only used 1/8th of a 75mcg patch and I was very high. Please do not do much of this. Fentanyl is a super ridiculously potent opiate and the moment you get over confident it will kill you!

Last edited:
Beautifully put PTKing.

I too am a seasoned opie user and I'm worried to actually do an extraction which works on a fent patch...

Any drug which can leave the likes of heroin and oxy looking,like, not-THAT-strong - as fentanyl can and does (certainly how I am prescribed it and use it) deserves the utmost respect.

All fellow Bls actually doing these extractions, and then IVing the finished product please be safe. Thanks.

Please tell me you're not describing IVing a fent GEL patch. Did I just miss the point?

The end product of extracting from a fent polmer matrix patch is most definitely IVable and should not be quite gooey. Anyone else?

Please tell me you're not describing IVing a fent GEL patch. Did I just miss the point?

The end product of extracting from a fent polmer matrix patch is most definitely IVable and should not be quite gooey. Anyone else?

The title of the thread is "Extracting fentanyl from polymer-matrix patches". I was referring to the Non-gel patch. I don't even know if they still make the Gel reservoir patch in the U.S., I haven't seen one in at least 3 years. The "end product" of my lemon-water mix is a very slightly hazy mix. I usually filter it twice. It def is not gooey and as you said, it should not be gooey.

The title of the thread is "Extracting fentanyl from polymer-matrix patches". I was referring to the Non-gel patch. I don't even know if they still make the Gel reservoir patch in the U.S., I haven't seen one in at least 3 years. The "end product" of my lemon-water mix is a very slightly hazy mix. I usually filter it twice. It def is not gooey and as you said, it should not be gooey.

They still make gel reservoir patches to my knowledge. Sandoz may have been the last (if they phased them out, I don't think they did).

They still make gel reservoir patches to my knowledge. Sandoz may have been the last (if they phased them out, I don't think they did).

Watson and Actavis are the only gel aka "reservoir" style patch manufacturers left. And Actavis is owned by Watson!

Sandoz is the film "matrix" style, and as a CPP whom wears these -- this is by far my favorite. It's much cheaper than the name brand Duragesic, but Sandoz is the generic version from the same company. My 50mcg patches contain 8mg of fent, compared to 5mg of the other guys. Considering the ROA is via diffusion from high to low concentration (patch to skin), the 8mg is my only explanation for why I FEEL the fentanyl kick in everytime I apply a new patch.

The other matrix styles Ive tried... I never got that feeling. They worked, but no "therrreee it is" moment like I get with the 'doz.

+1 for Sandoz

I've only read the last 3 posts...just wanted to back up the fact that watson and Actavis are indeed the "gel resivoir" type, I am prescribed them. So it's interesting (although I'm off topic) that sandoz is preferred over these. I think where I live the only matrix patch generic I've seen has been mylan.
Cat

I've only read the last 3 posts...just wanted to back up the fact that watson and Actavis are indeed the "gel resivoir" type, I am prescribed them. So it's interesting (although I'm off topic) that sandoz is preferred over these. I think where I live the only matrix patch generic I've seen has been mylan.
Cat

Mylans are pretty much everywhere all over the USA as the original polymer-matrix patch. I don't care for them in the slightest. My preference for Sandoz may be outdated, but I'm really not surprised based on the other posts confirming that the current Sandoz formulation fentanyl patches are King. Sandoz is one of the few big pharma companies that I don't mind supporting financially.

I'm really not a fentanyl person, I rather despise it and even have mixed feelings about it's use in chronic pain. It's not the fentanyl I'm against per say, but it's how easy it is for people to come on websites like this and learn to abuse fentanyl patches that has me fucking reeling. I fucking hate it. I cannot stand fentanyl abuse.

I am biased as anyone might point out, but I just have been incredibly disappointed with ALL the pharmaceutical companies for not being able to supply an extended release formulation of fentanyl that is not easily abused or extracted, smoked, chewed, or whatever. Even the plastic matrix patches that are the current "safer" formulation, are abused regularly. Just look at this forum. This thread even!!! Because of my bias, I think it's ludicrous that some of this passes as harm reduction. I mean look at the shit some of these "teks" instruct readers to do in order to prepare a solution for INTRAVENOUS administration, likely with inadequate filtration and whatnot. The majority of people abusing fentanyl patches I would hazard to say, are not using micron filters and safe extraction teks. Mostly, people are trying to shoot plastic patches or possibly worse, SMOKE them?!? Ever heard of emphysema / COPD / Cancer? Plastic is like, in the same category as Carcinogens if you ask me. It's probably like smoking a carton of cigs in one dab of fent.

I mean, who am I to say what drugs are okay to abuse and what drugs aren't, I certainly don't want to be a hypocrite like the anti-drug government agencies and laws like the Controlled Substances Act, Federal Analogue Act, etc. That sure as hell isn't doing any one any good. Just keeps the money in the "right" bank accounts / pockets if you ask me. I just really find fentanyl to be so cold and unforgiving, Even taken as directed by prescribing physicians, I've seen it suck the life out of people who were just fine 60 seconds prior. I've seen legitimate pain patients apply patches and drop cold probably due to inadequacies in the transdermal system delivery systems.

You see the same problem with any extended-release (large dose) high potency narcotic, I guess. OxyContin has their OP BS, I've lost count of Opana's attempts, Thank GOD for morphine sulphate right? Except for the people who can't tolerate it, and require drugs like.... fentanyl. It's 2013, we should have a better technology for extended release fentanyl citrate that is effective and predictable, like IN THEORY, the codones/morphones (modern formulations complicate this). It's sad that this is the best that modern medicine has to show for arguably the most powerful pain killer used to treat the most severe pain in millions of patients internationally.

/already stated subjective biased rant, still donating $0.02 :\

Last edited:
Great post Tricomb! Agree 110%.

Sandoz IS King. They took the matrix formulation to the next level, really beefed it up and improved upon it. Again, I've tried several, and these ARE the best -- better than the gel reservoir Watson/Actavis. The Sandoz are almost twice the size of other matrix brands, and contain over 50% more total fentanyl. I believe they identified the inadequacies in the matrix system, and maybe didn't solve them, but did their best to compensate.

And yes unfortunately any of the matrix brands can be pretty easily abused for IV. It' the closest I've ever seen someone come to an OD. Im avoiding details on purpose, but reading whats already here could do enough damage to those looking for it. Unfortunately, what's been said here or with slight variations does work. Not only a shame, but a damn waste of a patch meant to keep one out of pain/well for up to 3 days gone in a few shots.

I just did this method using 2 used patches. so unfortunately i cant gauge my doses (Thus defeating the purpose of this thread) however i know the maximum of how potent it could ve. so ill just have to do a little trial and error to see what works. This is awesome though, i wish i had found this thread prior to wearing these 2 patches. I know now though and will do this with all future patches. I figure if i used one of my new ones i'd get like 20-50 shots out of one patch....and that just sounds VERY nice. that would last me over a week. Thank you oxymorphone!!

Mylan vs. new Janssen-something's amiss...

I was gifted some of the weaker ones (patches) when my friend moved up from 12 mcg/hr (yeah, I know, right?) to the 25 mcg/hr ones. Some of them are the Mylan brand, and some are the Janssen (newer, non-gel type). Each is supposed to deliver 12 mcg/hr for 3 days. Now, my question is this: Did anyone else notice that the total amount of fentanyl in the Mylan patch is 1.28 g of fentanyl. In the Janssen ones it says it contains 2.1 g (which makes more sense). 720 mcgs of fentanyl (the difference) is still enough to kill a horse with a tolerance, so what gives? Am I the only one who has noticed this?

Also, thanks to the OP and the mods for letting this topic stay, as it really is in the interest of harm-reduction. Kudos people! You're doing a fine job... :)

In the name of harm reduction, can a disclaimer about the benzodiazepine effect be added? If anyone mixes benzos with the fentanyl it increases chances of OD by a lot

Great thread, though I refuse to touch the stuff after my brush with death ;)

I definitely agree with logie on this one...I've lost several people close to me that OD'd from this very combo (or ones similar: hydromorph w/benzos, fentanyl w/benzos, and even a CWE extraction death with hydrocodone and benzos).

So I agree that at least some attention should be paid to the extreme potency of, and therefore the extreme synergistic effect of this drug with benzos of anykind! R.I.P. Jimi, Brandon, and "Totally" Pauli...'nuff said. Please be careful with this stuff, AND with what you mix it with...PLEASE!! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.