• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Extracting fentanyl from polymer-matrix patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
would this extraction work with the Mallinckrodt patches? I have a 75mcg/hr Mallinckrodt patch that i want to extract and coat either tylenol pills or Percocets to then crush and snort but had heard that there might be something different with the Mallinckrodt patches that might make certain extracts not work

I made a post a few days ago which corrects several mistakes with this extraction. One problem is that there is no step to convert the Fentanyl freebase into citrate. The citrate molecule has about 57% more mass than the freebase molecule, so, dosing needs to be adjusted as well when dealing with citrate. If you don't convert into citrate, I personally believe there is a significantly higher chance of having hotspots within solution. I have not studied up on the solubility of the freebase molecule, but, I would imagine it's not too great in polar solvents. Granted, adding ethanol would help resolve this, but, I still feel conversion with citric acid is a must.

I'm going to wait for the post to be placed my admins, whether it's here, or in a new thread. But, the main point of my post is using Methanol to extract 100% of the Fentanyl into a white crystalline powder which is 100% pure fentanyl, not a gummy film, etc, but, pure white powder. This powder is then combined with citric acid to form the citrate molecule, which is then put into solution. Pure Methanol is OTC, and easy to use. Citric acid is OTC as well. All components are OTC and you end up with a pure product.

If the post doesn't appear in a couple days, I guess I'll repost it in here, though I'd hate to mix extraction thread techs.

Personally I feel that if not abused, and used moderately and safely, with good dosing calculations, I'm not seeing the dangers with Fentanyl Citrate use. I mean, if you have the number of MCG/ml calculated perfectly and it's in it's citrate form in solution, and everytime you do a shot you get the same buzz, etc, I guess I'm not understanding the dangers. Or why people are saying it's so much more dangerous than heroin.

I understand its more potent, which is what calculating the dosages is for. But, if everything is calculated perfectly, where's the danger? I for one feel that the negative physical feelings from Fentanyl are far better than Heroin's. With Heroin, there are all kinds of negative side effects that I simply don't experience as much with Fentanyl.

I believe this is why Fentanyl enjoys so much use in the medical field. Granted, you don't get a rush, etc, that you do with Heroin, but, to extract one patch and get 10cc of strong solution which will last a couple of days, maybe more, that to me is a fantastic deal. With methanol, you get 100% of the extraction, and it's pure, no glue, etc (if done right), so I think it is a fantastic bang for the buck.

windshaper, do you have any documentation on the Mallinckrodt patches? Are they polymer matrix or gel? If they are polymer matrix I would do a dry methanol extraction. Methanol is available commonly as "Splash" gas line de-icer. In the case of splash, it's available as pure methanol, with zero lubricants. In fact, I evaporated a lot of it and found zero residue afterwards.

What you can do is find a very small glass, bigger than a shot glass but close. Then cut the patch in half, place the patch sticky side up on the bottom of the glass, and put 1 cm of methanol on top of it. Wait for 30 minutes, stirring every 8 minutes and remove the half and place the second half in place and do the same thing for another 30 minutes.

After the second 30, remove the second patch half. The next step is to slowly evaporate the methanol. Methanol is not as aromatic as IPA (Isopropyl) so it will take a long time to evaporate. There are 2 ways to do this.

1) Watch glass or small curved bottom dish. Pour your solution into a small dish, or watch glass and put a small fan on it and let it evaporate.
2) Takes much longer, but, you can simply tilt the glass on it's side so that air can get in and evaporate the methanol. Last time it took over 24 hours to evaporate this way.

Once done, you will be left with a white crystal powder, this is pure fentanyl. If you don't have the powder, then the extraction was unsuccessful. I would bet that those patches will work just fine with a methanol extraction if they are polymer matrix.

Fentanyl, like many many drugs is highly soluble in methanol. In fact, to combat this, many pill manufacturers have started adding excipients into pills which are also soluble in methanol to prohibit an alcohol extraction. I have not seen any evidence of this yet with patches. Even with these excipients extractions are still highly possible, however, your yields are smaller with these types of pills. Anyway, I diverge, but with the case of the patches, extraction is highly probable with Methanol. Plus, you get an almost quantitative yield, literally, you get almost 100% of the product extracted. It's incredibly high.

If successful, the most important part is the next one. Dosing and titration. You need to titrate the powder with 1CC of Lemon Juice (citric acid) and add 2 more CC's of water and stir to make sure it's all dissolved. I typically add another 7 CC after this to have a total of 10CC of solution. This is where this is most dangerous. Depending on your extraction, you will either have 7.5 mg of Fentanyl (75mcg/hr) or less of Fentanyl in solution. Actually, to be specific, technically, you will have 57% more than this by mass of Fentanyl Citrate, but, if going on Freebase mass, you 'll have the above amount.

It's important to always start at the smallest possible dose when using this method, the reason is simple. One day you may recover 50% of the Fentanyl if the extraction isn't done right, and you'll get use to a certain dose. Well, on the next occasion you could be successful and have a 100% extraction. The dosing with this amount is much more critical than the first extraction. So, after every extraction, it's very important to get the dosing re-calculated for safety.

One other thing. On a personal note, I've noticed that the tolerance period for Fentanyl is very very short. After just a couple of days, I found it easy to build a tolerance to 10,000 mcg a day. To me this is kinda scary. So, I wouldn't use this for more than a couple of days unless you're very good at pacing. I say this because of the reading I've done on Fentanyl and the unknown mechanisms of overdose mentioned on Wikipedia. The fact that there are mechanisms that are unknown is scary to me. Even though they are extremely rare, they still exist. Or, perhaps they are not as rare as they let on....

If anyone reads this can you please reply ..ive been getting the matrix style patches ..i normally chew them and obviously not getting that kick i used to get from the others ..all i want to do is the Isopropyl extraction method for sublingual method ...is it as simple as letting it soak in the iso ..remove glue ( i'll chew it anyways in case some residual is in it ) and then just drink the iso in a solution of water lets say ?

uk patches are massive in difference duragesic 75 mcg hr contain 10.8 mg fent , Sandoz 75 mcg contain over 17mg I wondered why I went int wd when changing from Sandoz to duragesic, near half the drug, anyone know why?

Hi all, I'm brand new here and have a huge tolerance for opiates. I've been following this thread for sometime and have diced to try the vinegar/water extraction on a 12.5 Mylar patch. I generally hate the things, as they do nothing for my pain and just make me tired. In fact I just told my dr I didn't want them anymore. I've gone from 100 to 50 to 25 and now these. I'd much rather them double my dilly script (I get q120 a month, but they only last me a week or so. At any rate, I have solution mixed, filtered and ready to go, but I want to know if anyone's tried this method with any success.

Sorry for long post, but I'm trying to catch a bit of a buzz and stay alive to enjoy it. Thanks in advance for replies and for your help this past year or so when I was lurking..

FYI: vinegar works! Just go slowly and try not to miss (that stuff burns like hell).

Am I correct to think I could use gin to extract most of the fent successfully from a matrix patch?

I was thinking of just thowing a patch into a big spoonful of gin......heating.......not boiling......until over half the gin had evaporated; then throwing in some cotton wool, and filtering into a 1cc.

How effective is this likely to be? Many thanks. Dhcdavid

ugh i cant imagine gin. you would taste that as you do with like everything you iv. plus it sounds gangerous since there is something in there giving it that smell. id say try to get everclear. higher proof and no weird pine forrest flavor. i do like bombay sapphire tho, not piney and really herbally and citrusy

Thanks for that 'medicine cabinet'.

What's Everclear? (I'm in the UK and I don't think we have Everclear)

Oh yea...here ever clear is basically pure ethyl alc. Im sure vodka would be fine, im guessing the higher the proof the better.

Am I correct to think I could use gin to extract most of the fent successfully from a matrix patch?

I was thinking of just thowing a patch into a big spoonful of gin......heating.......not boiling......until over half the gin had evaporated; then throwing in some cotton wool, and filtering into a 1cc.

How effective is this likely to be? Many thanks. Dhcdavid

Fuck that d...effective as in DOA ?

Hi Guys. Which is the strongest polymer matrix fent. patch for total amount of fent in it. And whats your favourite brand.
I get now-a-days Fentanyl Sandoz 100µg/h with whopping amount on fentanyl 23,12mg per patch. Clearly beats any other, at least I have not come by anything stronger. Worst patch I came across wolud definately be Matrifen 100µg/h with total fent of 10mg - it also delivered the drug very poorly. I´m very experienced with this substance and use it buccally. Do not do it unless you have extremely high tolerance. I can easily consume buccally whole 23.12mg in one day(yes, no typo).
I live in europe and never even seen a gel patch. Must be very rare in here. It would be nice to hear your comments about different patches. I never tried extraction tho, what would I do with the solution... i.v.? No thanks, hate needles.

I joined this a little to late! I ate a bit of fentanyl gel and I am a little worried.
feeling a little pressure on my chest.
Im ok though but I wont do it again!

SWIK cuts mylans into small strips soak them in lemon juice rub off the adhesive then reconstitute with sodium chloride pull thru cotton and shoot works great

^im guessing you mean SWIM? We dont swim here, everyone knows its you. Also, injecting lemon juice is super dangerous. There can be bacteria in the lemon. Secondly shooting fentanyl is asking for an od. Im going to guess you have a decent tolerance since you are still alive, but it only takes one shot a little larger than normal to turn you blue. Shooting fent with lemon juice also kinda goes against the whole harm reduction thing that this site is dedicated to.

Hey guys, just a quick observation from me. Someone said that chewing patches doesn't work that well. Erm, wrong! In fact doubly wrong, I'm chewing half a fifty now and I'm mashed! On top of that, I have been on 8mg of subutex for the past 3 years! Now I sniffed my last sniff of sub, 24/30hrs ago. UR prob wondering y I'm chewing a patch. Truth is I'm pretty much finished with opioids. All I take is my sub, gives me no pleasure, just holds me and over the years it has totally stoped me craving, wanting even thinking of opioids! The down side or not tho is that I never even dabble in any opioids because on the subs, u can't. By enlarge. That being said, I got two patches, 50 of a friend and decided to c if they wud break through the subs and they defo had. I've only chewed half of one! Anyway I'm gonna use my other one tomorrow and finish it at 8pm, have a beer, go to bed and wake up at 10am the following day and continue on my normal subby routine. Sorry this is a big all over the place. My fact simply is. CHEWING HALF A 50 fent patch ( maylan) does get u pretty fucked up) DESPITE THE OBVIOUS SUB STILL IN MY SYSTEM! So SAYING CHEWING DNT HAVE MUCH EFFECT IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE!!!! Peace and LOVE BROS, PEACE AND LOVE, COLIN

Ok, Im scared! If your scared say your scared! Im scared! I have access to these patches all the time, and I did suck on one once and got high. Lucky I guess. I think this article is extremely neccessary! Harm Reduction 100%. Great job! Now, I am very tolerant, am i smart enough or dumb enough to try this? Ill be think about this.....for a long while! Thanks for the great harm reduction Info!

Status
Not open for further replies.