• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Excuses We Use To Justify Getting High

I'm sure this has been posted before but Irvine Welsh put it best...

''And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?''

Because its an easy thing to do, a cop out. Lifes greatest temptation, just much more chemically available now.

Oh yeah, and because focusing on all life's shit distorts the happiness and joy we had as children, and the good that exists everyday. Thats a really tough excuse to rationalize away sometimes. But occasionally we get to play, experience true extacy and nirvana, something many threw away whilst growing up, and while there's no replacement for that joy we once had, except perhaps love, drugs can make the reality of how we let our sense of wonder and excitement shrivel up a bit less painful in the moment at hand.

At my core, my drug abuse stems from disappointment at letting that happen. But i see that in so many people, drug users or not. Its terrible and beautiful at the same time, that losing something so special can do this to us as a society collectively.

I might as well get extremely high today because i will not have enough money to get high the next couple days anyway (somehow i still find a way to get high haha)

I am just gunna buy some one last time, then thats it - heroin binging.
I've done well on bupe 16mg a day (sometimes only 5 days off gear most 11-14day) so if I miss a day then IV I'll rush - once 11day I slam 2 bag and felt I was going over but after that you do it again and again and it dies again.
my mum is off work and I am spending the day with her moaning - benzo, h
I need to get amp'ed up so I can clean up!! - making a athread ont his i Drug Culture

ALways a reason, clubbing, heavy wiork/all nighters, depression, pain we will always find an excuse

I just think to myself that I'm gonna run out anyway.. regardless of whether it's today-tomorrow, whatever. So I might as well just take it. The horrors are inevitable at some point so I am doing myself a favour8(

Hmm, I told myself that I would save this small amount for later. Sigh, It's small, I might as well take it. What is it going to do to me anyway?

"Oh man, I'm just dealing with a lot of shit right now"
- every drug user ever known including/especially me

I haven't used in a while so my tolerance is lower. I really want to get high with the lower tolerance for once....

My tolerence is way down from being sober so I'd get totally fucked up...

I covered that one. And by a while that could mean as little as 3 days to some people, but that's enough of a break to get a lot better of a high if you've been doing the same amount daily, and take 3 days off and then do that same dose.

tonsilitis that has developed abscesses and may be cancerous..... is this an excuse or a just reason?

I covered that one. And by a while that could mean as little as 3 days to some people, but that's enough of a break to get a lot better of a high if you've been doing the same amount daily, and take 3 days off and then do that same dose.
for opis (especially us iv heroin users) that 3 day break can lead to overdose very easily. the needle exchange cautioned that to us everytime we got narcan or they haven't seen us in a while or just periodically.

I woke up feeling great! If I toke up now(or use other drugs), I'll feel great x10(x).

Nah not really 3 days but 11 days 2 bag shot put me over near :D tolerence is scary - rememeber your first time if you;ve had a break and not your last.

having not used in over a week and having gone through wd's, track marks healed and the main vein once again the pick of the lot so instead of plugging one is able to IV.

Life in this fucked up society we live in. dealing with large numbers of stupid ignorant people that dont know who they are and what they stand for They just know that you are in there way. All the hipocracy injustices we deal with and have little voice on it. The Fact that Marijuana is Illegal is a joke and the tide is turning real quick. But Yeah I get high to forget all about the shit in life that is negative and counter productive i.e. Drama

Life in this fucked up society we live in. dealing with large numbers of stupid ignorant people that dont know who they are and what they stand for They just know that you are in there way. All the hipocracy injustices we deal with and have little voice on it. The Fact that Marijuana is Illegal is a joke and the tide is turning real quick. But Yeah I get high to forget all about the shit in life that is negative and counter productive i.e. Drama

In no way am i insulting your intelligence, but talking all that shit about "everyone else" to justify, arguably the same ignorant behaviour (assuming were talking getting fucked to numb all these issues you percieve in others) does that not make you feel a sense of connection to others ignorance? A sense or relatability/tolerance/understanding as drug abuse is pretty much in line with the legitimate issues you have with reality?

It sure does for me, something like realizing we all abstract our own reality, and once you realize that everyone elses "bullshit" becomes much more relatable, communicatable, and completely understandable. People might be getting high for the same reasons you do, while you both justify/perpetutate the process by not relating to your fellow peoples.

Just a rambling thought i had, don't take it seriously or offensively, unless you want to ;)

I don't really make excuses for doing drugs. I rarely do anything now anyhow, but basically if someone wants to know why the answer is because I want to do them. I feel no need for an excuse or justification for most anything I do. People will like it or they won't. I don't really care.