• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Excuses We Use To Justify Getting High

Tommyboy

Bluelight Crew
Anybody that has tried to quit using usually manages to justify using "one last time." What are some of the justifications that you have used to get high?

• It's nice outside. I haven't gotten high on a nice day in a while, so....
  • It's nasty outside. There is nothing else to do in this weather, so....
  • Last time I used I didn't get that high, so let me get really high for the last time...
  • I only have $X. I can't really go out with friends with that amount of cash, so....
  • I heard the dope is fire right now, so I have to try it...
  • I haven't used in a while so my tolerance is lower. I really want to get high with the lower tolerance for once....
  • I'm just going to use the last of my money on drugs and then stop...

Do any of these sound familiar? :\
Let's hear some of yours.

Last edited:
Damn! My dude just got this or that in! and it's only X amount of $!! Now that's a bargain I can't turn down!!

LOL

After I read thread title I immediately said, "It's nice outside" and then "It's not nice outside". Funny they were your first two.

--Today sucked, I should use to relax
--Today was awesome! I feel great! I bet I'd feel even greater if I got high!
--I have a few days off and should chill out at least once
--I really want to watch/see XXXXX later. I bet I'd enjoy it even more if I was high
--I'll use today, but I'll make sure I don't use the next few days

--i've been sober most of the day, so why not?
--worked hard, time to party
--going hard, then stopping for a T-break
--just got of rehab, why not one more time?

After I read thread title I immediately said, "It's nice outside" and then "It's not nice outside". Funny they were your first two.
Yea, I'm sure the weather is a popular one. Not only are there excuses for types of daily weather, but then there are also excuses for the seasons which each have their unique conditions.

"I haven't gotten high in the [insert season here] yet, so...."

hahaha agreed, when it's a rainy day outside i love me some opiates, benzos and weed. when it's sunny, i go for some amphetamine or LSD with some weeds and maybe a little benzo.

another excuse i use to justify using:

--i am coming down from amps, coke, or whatever, i need some benzos

-I deserve to relax.
-I am in need of a good opioid high. (For opioid obviously.)
-Why not.
My favorite is when I want a PRN benzo, so I just get all histrionic and hysterical, and say in this anxious way "I need my nerve pill, get me my nerve pill." or "I need something to calm my nerves." It is not really a jusitfication, just an excuse, I guess. But I like to put on a show, back of my hand on forehead, fanning myself with other hand, the whole deal.

just having drugs, is always enough of an excuse

and

i'm in the mood to feel awesome

Haha yeah the first two for sure.

Also there's certain bits in films eg. Next Friday, I Still Know, Harold & Kumar that it just doesn't feel right to be sober and level headed in.

Anybody that has tried to quit using usually manages to justify using "one last time." What are some of the justifications that you have used to get high?

• It's nice outside. I haven't gotten high on a nice day in a while, so....
  • It's nasty outside. There is nothing else to do in this weather, so....
  • Last time I used I didn't get that high, so let me get really high for the last time...
  • I only have $X. I can't really go out with friends with that amount of cash, so....
  • I heard the dope is fire right now, so I have to try it...
  • I haven't used in a while so my tolerance is lower. I really want to get high with the lower tolerance for once....
  • I'm just going to use the last of my money of drugs and then stop...

Do any of these sound familiar? :\
Let's hear some of yours.

Haha, oh man Tommyboy, this thread is EXACTLY the kind I like to see, as it totally pertains to my life right now. I had been clean for almost five months, then picked up heroin again last week.

My Reasons:
*I'm on such a low dose of suboxone, I know it won't block smack-and I just want to get truly high again.
*I'm lonely, I never socialize, my two best friends are gone, and one is not coming back, so I might as well get high.
*I'm going to use again anyway, why not break the ice now, and get the pain of dissapointing myself and my mother over with.
*I want to spend a few hours NOT thinking about getting high for once.
*Since I'm on suboxone, I'd really just be switching opiates
*My life is boring, and I can only spend so many hours drawing, playing guitar, and reading.
*Ive already finnished Battlestar Gallactica, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, Rescue Me as well as Brothers & Sisters (go ahead, laugh at me, I know)-And I can't bring myself to start watching Lost again... So why not numb my brain with something else?

I don't usually try to find an excuse because I know the reason doesn't matter. I just ask myself whether I REALLY want to get high and if the answer is positive I do it haha.
Because when you need to find excuses, in the beginning they're quite rational but over time they become more and more stupid and they're not going to affect whether you'll eventually take the drug.

My life is fucked up anyway mine as well get high to numb the pain.

Im addicted to suboxone so doing dope is jst substituting a different opiod.

Im bored

My ass is never going to amount to anything I mine as well kil myself with drugs

-It's friday, the end of the week, let's do some..
-It's thursday and I plan to not do anything on friday, let's do some..
-It's wednesday and I'm fed up with routine already, let's do some..
-It's tuesday, whatever, let's do some..
-It's monday, I fucked up all weekend so I might aswell stop on tuesday..
-It's sunday, so boring! Let's do some..
-It's saturday, c'mon man, it's saturday lets do some!

"I know i have been using alot, but i will just do it this one last time and then stop for a long time!" 8)

Yeah the nice day thing happened to my friend and I yesterday lol :p we ended up hanging outside of a crack house, just chilling there and smoking newports... Wow smh.

-this is going to be my last time
-well we haven't done this in a month so I guess its fine if we do tonight
-being sober sucks and I'm going to be so bored, so at least getting high will fix that problem
-this is the last of it so I mine as well do it
-oh I have it so I mine as well have it
-its free, I mine as well do it, I can't turn down anything free....
-this will fix my depression
-my day fucking sucked so I deserve to use
-my friend doesn't want to trip alone/or whatever drug

The only excuse I ever use is that I'm unhappy, things are already screwed up enough in my life, nothing seems to get better, and if the world ends tomorrow, then I'd like to know that I lived for the moment...

What I told my friend the other day, "what I come to realize is I'm going to live my life... I'm going to smoke cigars every now and then. Have a cigarette here and there. Do whatever because yeah it may be dangerous/bad or good but at least I can say I lived my life. I'd rather do this all now even if I do die or not because its better than living a shitty/normal life to only then end up 70 something and in a wheel chair."

Well that's how I feel like for drugs as well...