• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ephedrine: a tool for helping reduce or quit stimulants + FOLLOW THRU

Ephedrine is making me horny. I'm going to see if I can even get to a rub and tug parlor. Only if this bluelight.org credit card goes through

A lot of people know Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) is an especially effective decongestant that can cause jittery nerves even at normal doses. Ephedrine is the mirror image molecule: both naturally occur in ephedra which was widely available as a supplement and Chinese herbal medicine (má huáng) until it was banned in 2004, a ruling upheld in 2006 after being challenged in a case brought by manufacturers mainly of Chinese patent medicines.

Ephedrine also has decongestant properties but its primary pharmacologic effect is as a bronchodilator and as such it is listed as an essential medicine that for sufferers of severe asthma or bronchitis can be life-saving. It is available OTC in combination products with the expectorant guaifenesin. Primatine (the HCl salt) or Bronkaid (ephedrine sulfate) are the two main brands, and although the former has more ephedrine by weight, Bronkaid tablets more than compensate by coming in 25mg
20210705-130538.jpg

Purchasing it without a prescription requires presenting a valid driver's license, which will be scanned into some sort of data bank, the same as for Sudafed. The amount you can buy at one time or within a certain time frame is limited.

Ephedrine is a stimulant in its own right, and can be abused for that purpose and even produce dependence. However don't imagine it's going to have anything like the reinforcing effects of even plain old amphetamine let alone dextroamphetamine and meth. However it just might be the perfect cushion when you're sick and tired of the tweaker lifestyle whether you're a hedge fund manager earning seven figures or sleeping in an abandoned car behind your buddy's house and sling doves which everyone knows you pinch... everybody sometime or another is ready for a break. It's really quite simple, combined with a cup or 2 of coffee 12.5mg of ephedrine sulfate will cut through the brain fog, entropy and exhaustion. 25mg is sufficient in many cases to get you up, out and about and tending to business, occasionally even smiling or laughing at someone's inane joke despite yourself.

Of course you're not going to feel like your old self that's the point. But at least you won't be faking it. Keep in mind the stimulant effect of ephedrine is almost entirely a body effect, and if you tune into it you'll realize it's actually working quite well. Which is why taking any more than 25mg every 4 hours is on you. People with heart arrhythmias should take note and probably steer clear. But then you wouldn't be messing with stimulants in the first place...

Oh, best taken for about a week, 2 at most, without exceeding the recommended dosage. Then it's Starbucks from here on out!

***all joking aside, quitting meth or any strong stimulant has difficulties and challenges which I don't want to diminish in any way. Here is a follow-up to the original post about strategies that could help, which I'm hoping will be added to by other people's experiences of what worked and what to avoid... Personally for me stimulant addiction hasn't been a major struggle in my life. Although I do have a prescription for adderal, I'm only mildly habituated to it and frequently go several days or even a week or more without taking it at all.

This is missing the tools to help heal and restore natural adrenal function. Since the essence of stimulant addiction is profound desensitization to the effects of adrenaline, which is why stopping is relatively easy but abstaining long enough to allow your body's innate intelligence to return to a state of equilibrium is hard. The second part of recovering from daily meth (or Adderall or Ritalin) use is reversing the self-imposed starvation of bad habits, including poor diet and poor sleep hygiene.

The vital importance of good nutrition (specifically high quality protein and fats which in my opinion are of animal origin: organic eggs, fish, quality meat and so on) can be augmented with herbs that have thousands of years of medicinal use in helping restore normal adrenal response to stimuli, and they should ideally go hand in hand with the period of detox (using ephedrine as one possible example to lessen the blow).

It includes specifically ashwagandha which is a very well-regarded ayurvedic (plant) medicine with almost 10,000 years of safe human use in restoring the autonomous nervous system to it's natural homeostasis. It's a topic I'm researching so I'm going to take it up at a later time...

Also amino acids (tyrosine and tryptophan--the best most usable form of which is 5HTP, which is marketed in many European countries as a safe and effective antidepressant with almost no side effects whatsoever... we have the advantage however of being able to pick it up without a prescription). Also melatonin is helpful for resetting the circadian rhythm and re-establishing normal sleep and waking cycles, and has proven its efficacy against the common problem of jet lag. And a good full spectrum multivitamin and mineral that includes the B-Complex, C, and vit.D3 (cholecalciferol) ... which is increasingly understood to play a critical role in psychological and emotional well-being as well as immunity.

At least this is a little more well-rounded than the OP
Ephedrine......old memories.We extract this from paste and cooked this with KPMnO4 and acid-something very similar to modern day mephedrone.On its own was supplement in gyms in herbal and powder form before a couple of years

Actually more like the suburbs. The townies are the limousine liberals and they do big time coke. Peruvian flake