• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ephedrine: a tool for helping reduce or quit stimulants + FOLLOW THRU

Bronkaid always contains guaifenesin, look at the package 😑

Wrong.
I literally have a package sitting in my hands... Do you think I'm a fucking moron who can't read?

Active Ingredients : Ephedrine Sulfate 25mg

Inactive ingredients : dibasic calcium phosphate dihydrate, magnesium stearate, microcystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc

So, I dunno what Bronkaid you're buying, but you are wrong that it ALWAYS cotains gauifenesin. It lacking gauf, while having a higher amount of ephedrine in it, is the exact reason why I buy bronkaid over primatene. If bronkaid contained gauf, it would be in the active ingredients list.

Bronkaid ingredient list :
Why don't YOU look at the damn package in the link above.
Going around claiming that bronkaid ALWAYS contains guaifenesin is simply misinformation.

I tried to politely correct you but your response was insulting, as if I'm so stupid that I've been using Bronkaid for years and have never read the damn package.

Last edited:
I've only ever seen this stuff for sale, unless their formulation has changed in the past few years .

Also that bronkaid max doesn't contain a "higher amount" of ephedrine than original bronkaid. Does contain more than Primatene however (12.5mg tabs).

If i could have gotten guaifenesin free bronkaid back then i would have scooped it up, although i did eventually come to like the guaifenesin too. If they removed guaifenesin i should scoop some up.

No one was calling you stupid, looks like we were both sold different versions of the drug either as a function of time/reformulation or perhaps geography. Watch out for that ephedrine irritability, that stuff made me pretty edgy 🤯

I've only ever seen this stuff for sale, unless their formulation has changed in the past few years .

Also that bronkaid max doesn't contain a "higher amount" of ephedrine than original bronkaid. Does contain more than Primatene however (12.5mg tabs).

If i could have gotten guaifenesin free bronkaid back then i would have scooped it up, although i did eventually come to like the guaifenesin too. If they removed guaifenesin i should scoop some up.

No one was calling you stupid, looks like we were both sold different versions of the drug either as a function of time/reformulation or perhaps geography. Watch out for that ephedrine irritability, that stuff made me pretty edgy 🤯

Yeah it appears they at one time or another did have the guaf in there but I've been buying bronkaid for the past 2 years and every time I ask for it, I'm given the version I showed above.

I don't recall saying bronkaid max contains a higher amount than original bronkaid, but you're right that the Primatene tablets are only 12.5mg.

I'm actually finding it harder to find ephedrine at all, anywhere. Walmarts keep telling me they no longer sell it and give me dirty looks. Walgreens seem to be the only place I can find it and it's always Bronkaid Max with nothing but ephedrine.

Check a walgreens near you and see if they have this version.

My bad, I am irritable today. I'm having an at home EEG done and am on day 2 (one more day to go) and wearing this shit on my head is so uncomfortable. Not allowed to wear headphones or cellphones and can't take a shower either. So I'm definitely on edge, although I haven't taken any ephedrine today yet.

So we were both correct. At one point Bronkaid did have guaf in it, but the ones I've been picking up for the past year or two do not. So I apologize. I think it was the "-_-" face and this EEG thing that made me feel snappy. lol

Yeah it appears they at one time or another did have the guaf in there but I've been buying bronkaid for the past 2 years and every time I ask for it, I'm given the version I showed above.

I don't recall saying bronkaid max contains a higher amount than original bronkaid, but you're right that the Primatene tablets are only 12.5mg.

I'm actually finding it harder to find ephedrine at all, anywhere. Walmarts keep telling me they no longer sell it and give me dirty looks. Walgreens seem to be the only place I can find it and it's always Bronkaid Max with nothing but ephedrine.

Check a walgreens near you and see if they have this version.

My bad, I am irritable today. I'm having an at home EEG done and am on day 2 (one more day to go) and wearing this shit on my head is so uncomfortable. Not allowed to wear headphones or cellphones and can't take a shower either. So I'm definitely on edge, although I haven't taken any ephedrine today yet.

So we were both correct. At one point Bronkaid did have guaf in it, but the ones I've been picking up for the past year or two do not. So I apologize. I think it was the "-_-" face and this EEG thing that made me feel snappy. lol

Well I'm glad you let us know bronkaid is available without the guaifenesin, I might look for some the next time I go to the pharmacy. Don't really need it anymore more does seem good to have (I have plenty of the old bronkaid).

If the formula has changed I wonder why they removed the guaifenesin. Perhaps its because its special tendency to produce kidney stones when combined with ephedrine? Maybe they were getting sued? Or perhaps both versions are still available?

Ephedrin is essentially naught else but Amphetamine.
Adrenaline and noradrenaline.

I'm sure this has been said, but it's just another stimulant,
so of course it will help, but only because you are taking a stimulant.
If it helps you get off stims, go for it, but what's truly helping is your determination,
and you (hopefully) reducing the doses.

Long-term Ephedrin can be a pickle.
Heart attacks and strokes are not uncommon.

since my dr. again stopped my dex-amphetamine, 3rd time. They can stop it but will not prescribe it.

The recent last two troubles where health insurance company's made dextro-Amphetamin unavailable. Or unpayable in form of brandname Amfexa.

An OTC substitute would be great, at least in my situation as I don't truly wake up without a stimulant. But Ephedrine is prescription, and Ephedra flat out illegal.

My advice don't start or rely on stim's, certainly not daily. Or get a RC for the times you are in desperate need; 2-FA or 3-FA.
What the fuck so they really are trying to substitute all amphetamines even if you have ADHD? So my chances of getting Dexedrine, Vyvanse, shit even focalin are slim to none? Fuck it then I’m roaming the streets and getting me some fentanyl and today will be the last day I get to live because yeah great I have a job but I’ve been miserable with my shitty addiction and I’ll never be able to quit even though the quality of meth is garbage thanks to the cartel and dea and china and my left nut sack fucking hurts and I don’t like the answers I’m getting on quora about testicular torsion and I’m fucking achy I wanna get sober but I can’t risk dealing with withdrawals and getting tired and fat and losing my job and yeah fuck it I’ll accept hell after my overdose what other options do I have I’m just a weak minded fuck at the moment and I don’t know what else to do *shrugs* guess I’ll build my coffin now so I can sleep in it tonight

Not really super important, but I thought I'd mention that Bronkaid only contains ephedrine. Or at least the ones I buy do. It's the Primatene tablets that contain both ephedrine & the 'gauf.'

Very informative, Darvocet!
I've never had ephedra in this preperation before. Curious if there's other alkaloids in the plant that might contribute to the experience as well.

I actually do have high blood pressure (generally caused by my anxiety & inability to handle stress), but I have clonidine and propranalol on hand in case. I have used clonidine before when I've felt my blood/heart was out of whack on methamp. I'd have to go look back at the pharmacology of clonidine and ephedrine and see if it would even help or it may even completely cancel ephedrine out.

I'm on like day 30 something of taking 25-50mg of ephedrine a day. Usually in the morning, so that there's plenty of time in between doses.
I'd like to quit but I don't know if I can. I feel like there is a fatigue and lethargic state associated with discontinuing ephedrine use. Almost reminds me of the week after a meth binge, where you're not quite crashing anymore, but still feel lazy and "empty".

I checked out your thread & posted! Interesting discussion! :)
Totally unrelated to this post, but I have only ever tried darvocet once in my life & it was incredibly beautiful. I see a lot of people hate on dextro/propoxyphene & maybe there is good reason to. The time I tried it, I had very low tolerance at the time and had just done a good 600mg dextromethorphan trip the day before (which I believe resets opioid tolerance in my experience and from anecdotal reports) and just 2 of those big brown oval pills ( can't remember dosage) had me in an incredible nod. Very dreamy and almost dissassociative in it's own right. Ahhh memories. ;)
Sounds like you took propoxyphene napsylate (Darvon-N or Darvocet w/APAP). Though chemically related to methadone it was weaker than codeine and both it and the hydrochloride (Darvon) were pulled from the market because of heart-related issues related to their metabolites.

Yeah I think we ought to add "ephedrine rage" to the list that includes 'roid rage.

Plus I've never seen @negrogesic be rude or insulting to anyone

It was a big misunderstanding.

I don't think it was "ephedrine roid rage". I was told to "look at the package" as if I was blind or retarded, when I knew I wasn't wrong. It felt smug on his part, as you'd have to be pretty stupid not to know what you're putting your body. I was being told I was wrong, when I wasn't. It wasn't that I felt he insulted me (in the traditional sense) but to imply that I would make false blanket statements like "bronkaid only contains ephedrine" on here felt insulting, like I had no idea what I was speaking about.

As it turns out, we were both wrong, as Bronkaid use to contain guaifinesin & now it doesn't. It's not always easy to read tone through the internet, since we lack any non-verbal cues and the "-_-" face didn't exactly help either, as I generally use that emoji to express a type "disgusted/frustrated attitude" toward someone, for lack of better terms.

I have no hard feelings toward negrogesic though, I think he's a very intelligent person & it was settled.

And yes it was the propoxyphene napsylate. I enjoyed it actually. Not sure if I would now after years of heroin & buprenorphine but at the time, I was mostly using just tramadol (which use to put me into heroin-esque nods in the 400+mg range, so I must have been a good metabolizer).

I was just at the pharmacy the other day and the cards are for bronkaid with guaifenesin. You have found guaifenesin free bronkaid MAX.

Or as they call it on the streets: Mad Max

I feel you. I recently tried to get my doctor to put me on a decent low dose stimulant to function, but no luck. So that leaves me with either having to use meth or ephedrine. When I would be safer and healthier using a prescribed quality controlled version that doesn't give you strokes and heart attacks as quickly as the ephedrine I've been using does.

Hell, send me some of that fent and I'll hang out with you man. Addiction sucks. Every day all I can do is think about drugs and the people around me think I'm weak and a fucking loser because I can't control how much I crave and need drugs and nobody seems to understand it. Ready to jump ship myself.
I made a mistake.. I shouldn’t of reacted the way that I did. I don’t feel so good right now. I’m gonna go lay down I’m feeling nauseous and overwhelmed this is too much too much

What the fuck so they really are trying to substitute all amphetamines even if you have ADHD? So my chances of getting Dexedrine, Vyvanse, shit even focalin are slim to none? Fuck it then I’m roaming the streets and getting me some fentanyl and today will be the last day I get to live because yeah great I have a job but I’ve been miserable with my shitty addiction and I’ll never be able to quit even though the quality of meth is garbage thanks to the cartel and dea and china and my left nut sack fucking hurts and I don’t like the answers I’m getting on quora about testicular torsion and I’m fucking achy I wanna get sober but I can’t risk dealing with withdrawals and getting tired and fat and losing my job and yeah fuck it I’ll accept hell after my overdose what other options do I have I’m just a weak minded fuck at the moment and I don’t know what else to do *shrugs* guess I’ll build my coffin now so I can sleep in it tonight
pharmaceutically we still have the option' s:

Dextro-Amphetamine
Lis-Dex-Amphetamine and
dextro-Methylphenidate.

All handmade by a chemist/ dr

Fuck man what did I just do
Hope you're alright man!

I was just at the pharmacy the other day and the cards are for bronkaid with guaifenesin. You have found guaifenesin free bronkaid MAX.

Or as they call it on the streets: Mad Max

Try walgreens. I hear Mad Max likes to hang out there, behind the counter. I never fuck with them cards on the shelves that you have to take up to them. I just go straight up there and tell me them to give me that bronkaid that sits on the shelf behind them. Had no idea I've been scouring such an obscure item all this time.

Hope you're alright man!

Try walgreens. I hear Mad Max likes to hang out there, behind the counter. I never fuck with them cards on the shelves that you have to take up to them. I just go straight up there and tell me them to give me that bronkaid that sits on the shelf behind them. Had no idea I've been scouring such an obscure item all this time.
You remember the original Mad Max movie, the one before the road warrior? Awesome

You remember the original Mad Max movie, the one before the road warrior? Awesome
Yeah I remember the first 3 (I think).
I was a kid in the 80's & 90's but my older brothers would always watch these movies. I need a good revisiting now that i'm an old man though.
I don't ever recall it being called "The Road Warrior" though, as wikipedia states it was called here in the West. I specifically remember seeing it as "Mad Max" & "Mad Max 2", etc..but then of course I was a youngin', so those memories are pretty blurry now.

Yeah I remember the first 3 (I think).
I was a kid in the 80's & 90's but my older brothers would always watch these movies. I need a good revisiting now that i'm an old man though.
I don't ever recall it being called "The Road Warrior" though, as wikipedia states it was called here in the West. I specifically remember seeing it as "Mad Max" & "Mad Max 2", etc..but then of course I was a youngin', so those memories are pretty blurry now.
In the U.S. it was called the Road Warrior

I just had an amazing realization. Since I ran out of my dexedrine Rx two weeks before the refill date I had to go back to my old friend bronkaid, and after last night took 25 mg and another 12.5 this morning this s*** is way better than dexedrine. Or at least it's better right now. I didn't even feel the dexedrine yesterday. What a waste! Right now I'm driving armed with a cup of coffee and another half a bronkaid in my pocket. Don't f*** with me fool!

No Grace Jones was never in Mad Max or any decent movie