• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ephedrine: a tool for helping reduce or quit stimulants + FOLLOW THRU

I blame Sudafed for a relapse that happened after 13 years clean from a certain "related" substance.
Anyone that says the active ingredient isn't psychoactive is full of it.
I agree.

While your average tweaker might not even feel the slightest tingle from ephedrine/psuedo, with enough clean time, both can cause a mild-stimulant like euphoria, even complete with body rushes and increased libido. It wears off quick tho with daily use & is pretty mild to begin with, but it's certainly psychoactive!

Aaah ok.

I've been taking about 25-50mg of ephedrine daily for over a month now, since I cannot get on a real stimulant. I was worried that i'm doing even worse damage just because it's ephedrine. Maybe it's all the fear mongering surrounding it that I read online.

I haven't noticed any horrible side effects from it yet, except yesterday when I stood up, I was getting syncope.

I also find ephedrine potentiates buprenorphine for some reason (and other opioids). Even psuedoephedrine does this for me, but I prefer ephedrine. With no tolerance, both ephedrine and psuedo can both give me a very slight mild euphoria, along with very mild body-tingle like rushes. I believe that not only do the two (ephedrine/psuedo & opioids) cause synergy from their own "mood lifts", but that the CNS stimulation can sometimes cause me to go into nod mode, which seems also like potentiation to me.
So not only has ephedrine been a tool for me to try and stay away from street-stimulants, but it's also been some help as far as opioid cravings go while on bupe maintenance.

So I think it's an essential drug, worth having around for certain things. I thought it was just me who used it this way. lol Great post darvocet!
As long as you dont suffer from cardiovascular disease or high blood pressure the suggested adult dose is 25mg every 4 hours up to a max 150mg/day which is a whopping dose that I shouldn't ever want to do. But I'd probably feel differently if I suffered from severe asthma.

(TCM) Traditional Chinese medicine classifies má huáng as a warm/acrid herb useful for treating cold, fever, headache, respiratory diseases like asthma, allergies, nephritis, edema among others. It's many actions include sweating, urination & promoting circulation of Qi in the lungs (a good thing given asthma results from "patterns of disharmony" that create "rebellious Qi" or the reversal of one's life force so plainly evident in the frightening wheezing/breathlessness of severe attacks).

Dosing: One source gave a range of 3-9g of dried material.. Because ephedrine content averages 0.5 - 2% across several commercially available species, that suggests a dose between 15mg to 180mg (!). That can be discarded for 2 reasons: modern ag techniques have boosted alkaloid content compared to ephedra of the past harvested in the wild and the underestimated impact of taking the pure alkaloid rather than a Chinese herbal preparation. TCM formulas usually contain several ingredients that are synergistic, and though má huáng is considered a "king ingredient" what the West might call an active ingredient, in point of fact they probably have learned over thousands of years what to combine it with to potentiate desired effects and reduce side effects...typical preparations for asthma have as many as 9 different natural ingredients. Based on my and other people's experience the low end of the spectrum taking 15-45mg seems more accurate, especially over 24-hours.

Both TCM and Western medicine caution against taking it for extended periods of time or in larger doses than needed. Your temporary working relationship with the alkaloid of this prized plant, which is most definitely a stimulant, is harm reduction when you consider the alternatives such as street meth

I posted a thread on stimulants for help w opioid dependence you should check out, and Please share your experiences if you're inclined I think it could help a lot of people especially taking buprenorphine, which to me is a stealth opioid: it slips in under the radar and many people get put on it without proper informed consent as to its potential risks v. rewards, especially when combined with naloxone, the justification for which seems dishonest at best.

I have a pound of ephedra sticks and stalks I have had for over a decade that collects dust. But all I get from ephedra is anxiety. When I was in programming school I used ritalin for projects but tried to substituted a pill version of ephedra, but was all side effects. The tea from mormon tea and the ephedra pills all do the same for me. I use take poppy tea, then put a few bags of coca tea with a pinch of baking soda as a natural speed ball. That was pleasant. One time I added ephedra to the poppy tea and I got anxiety through the tea. lol

This is a good thread on ephedra though. I wished I liked it although stimulants were never my thing. Neither was anxiety though. But if people are leaving meth behind and utilizing ephedra that is a good direction to go. Although I imagine ephedra is not too healthy. Shoots the BP up something aweful too.

Last edited:
The less-is-more ethic Illustrated with ephedrine and amphetamines......
If I had a choice to take only 12.5mg ephedrine or adderal I wouldn't hesitate to take the ephedrine.

If I had a choice to take only 40mg ephedrine or adderal I wouldn't hesitate to take the adderal.

Big difference

I have a pound of ephedra sticks and stalks I have had for over a decade that collects dust. But all I get from ephedra is anxiety. When I was in programming school I used ritalin for projects but tried to substituted a pill version of ephedra, but was all side effects. The tea from mormon tea and the ephedra pills all do the same for me. I use take poppy tea, then put a few bags of coca tea with a pinch of baking soda as a natural speed ball. That was pleasant. One time I added ephedra to the poppy tea and I got anxiety through the tea. lol

This is a good thread on ephedra though. I wished I liked it although stimulants were never my thing. Neither was anxiety though. But if people are leaving meth behind and utilizing ephedra that is a good direction to go. Although I imagine ephedra is not too healthy. Shoots the BP up something aweful too.
The pseudophed causes more undesired effects in me but both do. That's why I only can take half a caplet and even then it's just this side of being oppressive and a cup of coffee could push me over the edge

never tried Mormon tea(is it legal in Utah?) or ephedra supplements back in the day but I did used to take a Chinese patent medicine for hay fever which I got very severe every spring when I moved to a rural area. They looked like green M&M's. I remember until I found these at a health food store I was so miserable I was thinking I can't live here. Benadryl was like putting on a Band-Aid, and glucocorticosteroids were still prescription only.

The sheer amount of misery from simply the Itchy watery eyes alone and then the uncontrolled sneezing fits... I had never had anything like it growing up in the city, my brother was the one with the terrible allergies. And our mom would take us to a naturopathic doctor who practiced what I think was iridology although at the time when I was a small child I thought you was looking into the back of my eye because I would see the light from the machine can get these wonderful almost fearful visions of the capillaries feeding into the retina and realize that there were mine.

So somehow I put two and two together and made it to talk to the right person and was so grateful that for a while I was like a teenager who discovers acid that has to turn on all his friends, only with Chinese medicine.

I'm guessing it had less than 5 mg of ephedrine and pseudoephedrine per dose because of how sensitive I am especially to ephedrine I would have noticed anything higher. the two together act synergistically. I read earlier there are something like 500 alkaloids in ephedrine and many haven't been fully studied

It wears off quick tho with daily use & is pretty mild to begin with, but it's certainly psychoactive!
24 hour Claritin D was my favorite. The buzz more or less lasted all day it seemed like. Just a very mellow body high and subtle lift in mood.
The effects were consistent (for me anyway) if kept to only a once or twice a week thing.

24 hour Claritin D was my favorite. The buzz more or less lasted all day it seemed like. Just a very mellow body high and subtle lift in mood.
The effects were consistent (for me anyway) if kept to only a once or twice a week thing.
That's the first time I've heard anyone make a claim of Claritin being psychoactive.... Which is I guess a good thing, because it's no good for allergies

I was a big ephedrine user for a while. 75mg-100mg a day for around a year. I feel like the guaifenesin was hard on my kidneys.

I was doing a great deal of exercise during that period which might have been a little sketchy to do with that much ephedrine in my system but it was all weight lifting and almost no cardiovascular exercise.

I was a big ephedrine user for a while. 75mg-100mg a day for around a year. I feel like the guaifenesin was hard on my kidneys.

I was doing a great deal of exercise during that period which might have been a little sketchy to do with that much ephedrine in my system but it was all weight lifting and almost no cardiovascular exercise.
I don't know how long ago it was but it shouldn't be a worry since the kidney cells repair and regenerate themselves throughout your life much like the liver ... but it's a good harm reduction point that high dose ephedrine and guaifenesin especially in combination has been linked to kidney problems

My concern is that I might have a kidney stone from it.

According to this, 35% of drug induced kidney stones stems from ephedrine/guaifenesin abuse.

While guaifenesin is a well known cause of kidney stones, even ephedrine on its own is associated with kidney stones (the ephedrine containing plant ma huang is a known cause).

Thus, not surprising that preparations like bronkaid (which contain two stone forming drugs) result in a good deal of drug induced renal rocks.

If you take this daily it is imperative to drink more water than usual. I didn't drink enough water myself and my right kidney ached for some time after i stopped. In fact i still feel it sometimes if I'm dehydrated.

Huh ... Renal rocks (not Reno rocks).

Scary. Ever had one?

Just the way those suckers look, yikes!

on the plus side you'll get percocet fer sure

These babies saw me through many a lull in sulphate supply. Sadly, they are no longer available. But 10 of these fuckers would have my hair standing on end and cum spontaneously dribbling out of my cock for hours...

Search

ChestEze (or Do-Do ChestEze) is a British over-the-counter pharmaceutical product manufactured by Novartis[1] for "relief of bronchial cough, wheezing, breathlessness and other symptoms of asthmatic bronchitis and to clear the chest of mucus following upper respiratory tract infection." It contains 30 mg caffeine, 18.31 mg ephedrine hydrochloride and 100 mg anhydrous theophylline.

this is a bomb ass recipe ..... the bondsman

That 18 milligrams the hydrochloride it's like 20 mg of the sulfate... No way did you take 10 of those nope I refuse to believe it I refuse to even want to believe it <<sticking my fingers in my ear now and going lalalala lalalala>>

That's the first time I've heard anyone make a claim of Claritin being psychoactive.... Which is I guess a good thing, because it's no good for allergies
Anyone who's ever done crystal, or any other amphetamine for that matter, will recognize those effects.
Normies or people who've never used the illicit stuff aren't going to feel much besides clear airways.

Anyone who's ever done crystal, or any other amphetamine for that matter, will recognize those effects.
Normies or people who've never used the illicit stuff aren't going to feel much besides clear airways.
it combines loratadine and pseudoephedrine. easy to guess which one of those two is doing the heavy lifting

My concern is that I might have a kidney stone from it.

According to this, 35% of drug induced kidney stones stems from ephedrine/guaifenesin abuse.

While guaifenesin is a well known cause of kidney stones, even ephedrine on its own is associated with kidney stones (the ephedrine containing plant ma huang is a known cause).

Thus, not surprising that preparations like bronkaid (which contain two stone forming drugs) result in a good deal of drug induced renal rocks.

If you take this daily it is imperative to drink more water than usual. I didn't drink enough water myself and my right kidney ached for some time after i stopped. In fact i still feel it sometimes if I'm dehydrated.

Not really super important, but I thought I'd mention that Bronkaid only contains ephedrine. Or at least the ones I buy do. It's the Primatene tablets that contain both ephedrine & the 'gauf.'
As long as you dont suffer from cardiovascular disease or high blood pressure the suggested adult dose is 25mg every 4 hours up to a max 150mg/day which is a whopping dose that I shouldn't ever want to do. But I'd probably feel differently if I suffered from severe asthma.

(TCM) Traditional Chinese medicine classifies má huáng as a warm/acrid herb useful for treating cold, fever, headache, respiratory diseases like asthma, allergies, nephritis, edema among others. It's many actions include sweating, urination & promoting circulation of Qi in the lungs (a good thing given asthma results from "patterns of disharmony" that create "rebellious Qi" or the reversal of one's life force so plainly evident in the frightening wheezing/breathlessness of severe attacks).

Dosing: One source gave a range of 3-9g of dried material.. Because ephedrine content averages 0.5 - 2% across several commercially available species, that suggests a dose between 15mg to 180mg (!). That can be discarded for 2 reasons: modern ag techniques have boosted alkaloid content compared to ephedra of the past harvested in the wild and the underestimated impact of taking the pure alkaloid rather than a Chinese herbal preparation. TCM formulas usually contain several ingredients that are synergistic, and though má huáng is considered a "king ingredient" what the West might call an active ingredient, in point of fact they probably have learned over thousands of years what to combine it with to potentiate desired effects and reduce side effects...typical preparations for asthma have as many as 9 different natural ingredients. Based on my and other people's experience the low end of the spectrum taking 15-45mg seems more accurate, especially over 24-hours.

Both TCM and Western medicine caution against taking it for extended periods of time or in larger doses than needed. Your temporary working relationship with the alkaloid of this prized plant, which is most definitely a stimulant, is harm reduction when you consider the alternatives such as street meth

I posted a thread on stimulants for help w opioid dependence you should check out, and Please share your experiences if you're inclined I think it could help a lot of people especially taking buprenorphine, which to me is a stealth opioid: it slips in under the radar and many people get put on it without proper informed consent as to its potential risks v. rewards, especially when combined with naloxone, the justification for which seems dishonest at best.

Very informative, Darvocet!
I've never had ephedra in this preperation before. Curious if there's other alkaloids in the plant that might contribute to the experience as well.

I actually do have high blood pressure (generally caused by my anxiety & inability to handle stress), but I have clonidine and propranalol on hand in case. I have used clonidine before when I've felt my blood/heart was out of whack on methamp. I'd have to go look back at the pharmacology of clonidine and ephedrine and see if it would even help or it may even completely cancel ephedrine out.

I'm on like day 30 something of taking 25-50mg of ephedrine a day. Usually in the morning, so that there's plenty of time in between doses.
I'd like to quit but I don't know if I can. I feel like there is a fatigue and lethargic state associated with discontinuing ephedrine use. Almost reminds me of the week after a meth binge, where you're not quite crashing anymore, but still feel lazy and "empty".

I checked out your thread & posted! Interesting discussion! :)
Totally unrelated to this post, but I have only ever tried darvocet once in my life & it was incredibly beautiful. I see a lot of people hate on dextro/propoxyphene & maybe there is good reason to. The time I tried it, I had very low tolerance at the time and had just done a good 600mg dextromethorphan trip the day before (which I believe resets opioid tolerance in my experience and from anecdotal reports) and just 2 of those big brown oval pills ( can't remember dosage) had me in an incredible nod. Very dreamy and almost dissassociative in it's own right. Ahhh memories. ;)

Not really super important, but I thought I'd mention that Bronkaid only contains ephedrine. Or at least the ones I buy do. It's the Primatene tablets that contain both ephedrine & the 'gauf.'

Very informative, Darvocet!
I've never had ephedra in this preperation before. Curious if there's other alkaloids in the plant that might contribute to the experience as well.

I actually do have high blood pressure (generally caused by my anxiety & inability to handle stress), but I have clonidine and propranalol on hand in case. I have used clonidine before when I've felt my blood/heart was out of whack on methamp. I'd have to go look back at the pharmacology of clonidine and ephedrine and see if it would even help or it may even completely cancel ephedrine out.

I'm on like day 30 something of taking 25-50mg of ephedrine a day. Usually in the morning, so that there's plenty of time in between doses.
I'd like to quit but I don't know if I can. I feel like there is a fatigue and lethargic state associated with discontinuing ephedrine use. Almost reminds me of the week after a meth binge, where you're not quite crashing anymore, but still feel lazy and "empty".

I checked out your thread & posted! Interesting discussion! :)
Totally unrelated to this post, but I have only ever tried darvocet once in my life & it was incredibly beautiful. I see a lot of people hate on dextro/propoxyphene & maybe there is good reason to. The time I tried it, I had very low tolerance at the time and had just done a good 600mg dextromethorphan trip the day before (which I believe resets opioid tolerance in my experience and from anecdotal reports) and just 2 of those big brown oval pills ( can't remember dosage) had me in an incredible nod. Very dreamy and almost dissassociative in it's own right. Ahhh memories. ;)

Bronkaid always contains guaifenesin, look at the package 😑

TCM regards ephedra as relatively safe and non-toxic. But it also cautions against extended periods of use