EDC '11 moved from L.A. to Vegas, damn, Whos going?

WT? no sitting? ummmm yeah sounds like d'bags.

Thats insomniacs new claim to fame. No sitting, no lights, just dancing for hours. Danced for hours, need water? O its 5$. Want to sit down? Security will come threaten to kick you out inless you immediatly stand up. Instead of paying a bench company for benches they pay a team of etards to make you stand up. Pretty gay.
Im hoping LV brings a whole new atmosphere. I got my 3 day pass (expensive as fuckkkkkk) and my suite so its on. Im just hoping the rules flashback 3 years so it can be fun again. If new city & venue dont bring relaxed rules back to insomniac eventd it will forsure be my last. I guess i got high hopes for the new city.

I know.I'm.not supposed to promote unlawful activity on this forum ha, but because I plan to bring in lights....I usually have no problem sneaking them or something, have you guys tried? Maybe even pass a five$ or something Haha,

And also about the crowd...you guys don't think its worth it to listen to bomb djs even if standing in the crowd, and not even think or worry about the people?

Much much much bigger venue, same sized crowd is going to = more space imo. So crowding shouldnt be a huge issueI dont think. Edc 2010 had good space as long as u wernt at the 2 main stages. I didnt mind avoiding those stages, 80,000 kids with foam deadmoofive heads is not my thing lol.

Yea ive snuck in lights before. I just put the lights in a bag, stuff em in my pants, wear in my gloves and ive been successful :)

High Contrast and Marky at EDC? goddammit, if it wasn't so expensive I'd actually go. So no single day passes available eh?

^^^
It looks like Sunday's the only day with single day left. I'm thinking of snagging one of those up before they're gone, I can't afford (physically or financially) to attend another 3-day event but I feel like I can't miss out on this... I mean, it's dusk to dawn.. in VEGAS =D

I just hope High Contrast plays sunday

Edit: ticket purchased, see you all in vegas %)

Last edited:
Vegas looks sick. 8p-8a? Holy sh!t, roll face.

We have one here in Orlando, but it goes from 2p-12a. Talk about baking in the heat all day then having only a couple hours to cool off and get the party started.

Wait...High Contrast is playing? Now I kinda wanna go....

He confirmed it when I met him at Coachella, he just wouldn't say what day :\

And you should go at least for one day Zach! This has the potential to be one of the best Insomniac events in years

He confirmed it when I met him at Coachella, he just wouldn't say what day :\

And you should go at least for one day Zach! This has the potential to be one of the best Insomniac events in years

Idk...I cant say I have much trust in Insomniac after them failing at all the events they've created over the past two years. Maybe them moving to Las Vegas will create a new scene and environment and things will go better than they have in the past, but idk, they've lost my trust.

If I had money to throw around I probably would just go, but sadly money is a bit tight.

If I end up going to LIB (which I sure hope I do), ill be pretty much broke for a good while.

(btw, insanely jealous that you met him after his set at Coachella, I should have found the boardie group during that set, damn. :()

Idk...I cant say I have much trust in Insomniac after them failing at all the events they've created over the past two years. Maybe them moving to Las Vegas will create a new scene and environment and things will go better than they have in the past, but idk, they've lost my trust.

If I had money to throw around I probably would just go, but sadly money is a bit tight.

If I end up going to LIB (which I sure hope I do), ill be pretty much broke for a good while.

(btw, insanely jealous that you met him after his set at Coachella, I should have found the boardie group during that set, damn. :()

I feel ya on the money situation.. have you considered volunteering for LIB to go for free? I submitted my application three days ago and I got an email back yesterday saying I was accepted so they could probably use more help.

And I remember starting to look for you in the dome but as soon as he dropped that Hometown remix I ran to the front and forgot.. haha I think he said he was playing LA too this summer, prob right around EDC weekend

Is no one else concerned about the event being outdoors in the middle of the Vegas summer heat where its like 90 degrees + at night?

Last edited:
^it shouldn't be any worse than the heat in coachella. although, this year coachella was not as hot as other years so i have heard.

Las Vegas, Nevada Electric Daisy Festival!

38472cb057ac4bedafb920024507f4e8.image!jpeg.32636.jpg.EDC2011_Teaser01Front_icon.jpg
" />

Insomniac Presents.....Electric Daisy Carnival - Las Vegas
Friday Saturday & Sunday :: June 24th - 26th
8pm - 7am Daily
Las Vegas Motor Speedway</
Friday :: Tiesto
Saturday :: David Guetta
Sunday :: Swedish House Mafia
..::: 3 DAYS :::..
.::: OVER 200 WORLD CLASS DJS, ARTISTS AND PERFORMERS :::..
..::: THOUSANDS OF BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE :::..
..::: 6 MASSIVE STAGES :::.
..::: THE TOTAL INSOMNIAC EXPERIENCE :::..
:::EDC 2011 HIGHLIGHTS::::
- Mass gathering ready! Venue was built to accommodate over 100,000 people per day.
- Dusk till dawn! EDC's wide variety of visual entertainment comes alive at night. We will now be able to utilize every minute of darkness.
- A wide variety of transportation options to and from the strip.
- 40,000 free parking spaces
- Access to stadium seats for a spectral view of the entire festival.
- All attendees have floor access to all 6 stages.
- Cooling off zones. There are 5 huge air conditioned areas.
- 140' X 300' Misting Tent. Guiness World Records has been notified.
- Less restrictive pyrotechnic regulations. We can use a much bigger caliber of fireworks and effects
- World renowned and convenient destination for travelers.
FULL LINE-UP, HOTEL & SHUTTLE PACKAGES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON. STAY TUNED
Experience the exclusive side of Electric Daisy Carnival! VIP ticket holders will be provided with an array of amenities in addition to everything that a General Admission ticket offers.

VIP amenities include:• A separate VIP entrance to the festival for rapid entry • Viewing decks overlooking multiple stages • Full cash bars located on the VIP decks and VIP lounge areas • Complimentary snacks and refreshments • Separate food vendors located in select VIP areas • Separate restroom facilities • Access to exclusive VIP areas • Ticket granting entry into the Electric Daisy Carnival • Insomniac VIP lanyard & badge
Minimum age for VIP is 21 and older
$1 per ticket will be donated to support non-profit charitable organizations. The organizations will be identified at www.insomniac.com at a later date.

^ It was actually pretty hot this year. Maybe I was just spoiled by last year's amazing weather, but it was definitely pretty hot this year. Id say in the upper 90's the entire day-time and in the 70's at night.

I feel ya on the money situation.. have you considered volunteering for LIB to go for free? I submitted my application three days ago and I got an email back yesterday saying I was accepted so they could probably use more help.

And I remember starting to look for you in the dome but as soon as he dropped that Hometown remix I ran to the front and forgot.. haha I think he said he was playing LA too this summer, prob right around EDC weekend

Ive definitely consider it, though im not sure what the job really entails and I dont want to sign up for something im not quite sure exactly is all about, so maybe ill do some more research and give it a bit more thought.

Ha, ya I remember seeing you and the rest of the boardie crew at the front right and thought "oh shit i'll go over" but I couldnt help but dance my heart out as that Hometown remix came on as well. Damn that was a great set.

Hopefully he does play LA this summer, shit, you KNOW i'll be there in a heartbeat if that happens!

Kinda lame they bring back Swedish House Mafia as a headliner especially when they threw it down so hard last year.

I mean repeats are cool if the act can one up themselves with all fresh material but really when do legit events repeat headliners?

Debating if I should go. Ticket prices have increased already. Any updates on the line up?

Me and my friend both have 3 day passes and only want to go on Friday night so if anyone wants to go either Saturday or Sunday night or both, we would be willing to sell our passes to you. We could meet somewhere on the strip on Saturday and exchange money for passes.

I hope for all your sakes Marky shows up at this show, he's a notorious "no-show'er" when it coems to his live shows. He skipped out Coachella this year, and im still mad about that :(
His mixing is out of this cosmos.

If you guys dont see High Contrast you're sick in the head, forsrs.