EDC '11 moved from L.A. to Vegas, damn, Whos going?

I was chillin by the neon garden and kinetic field most of the time, loved it. The staff were cool too, rather than the doosh-staff Im used to at utah raves, utah rave staff tend to think theyre fucking hard when they bust some kid with pot. and if they came to talk to you, it was to ask if you were ok, rather than to flashlight your eyes and interrogate you. it was fun as hell, I expected nothing less. I didnt see any fights

i saw one big fat drunken idiot getting dragged away by security and totally acting like an asshole, but short of that, i don't think there have been too many arrests.

The circuitGROUNDS were my place for large parts of the night. I seemed to have forgotten one piece of gear: dustmask.

Does anyone know why insomniac doesn't allow LED lights? I missed an hour the last day because I had to go put my gloves back in the car. They give you 3D prism glasses for certain activities in the festival. They know what the deal is. EDC is made for people on drugs. This was my only complaint for an otherwise epic festival.

^ I think they are trying to move more towards a "music festival" image instead of a "drug fueled rave" image. I checked the press near the end of the weekend and I was shocked by the contrast in the reporting between LA and LV. Looks like everything went great! Couldn't find a bad thing said about it!

Very cool.

Ya, im really hearing nothing except positive things from those who went, and the media.
Maybe next year is the year I return...huh....

I can understand that, but at the same time, when you allow glowsticks and you're passing out 3D prism glasses to walk through Christmas tree light tunnels, you know what the deal is and you're intentionally setting up a place specifically made for drug users. That being said, I'm already planning EDC 2012 :)

I would have gone this year if I had the money. EDC is the only legit festival by insomniac IMO.